Avicus Archive

Avicus advertisment and lag by Robin_DD_J May 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM UTC

At the moment avicus is basically building a house for a broken foundation. 

So, advertisments are coming to avicus soon? Alright cool, that's great! But there is no point.
 Every time I join avicus there are these stupid issues that you need to fix, otherwise players will just leave. There is really no point getting players on if they will just leave.
To start of with everything, the blocklag is just insane. How is a rusher suppose to rush if he cant jump along the walls. How is he suppose to make good and fast bridges if the blocks will just dissapear? What's the point making the skybridge better, when anticheat thinks you're using macros just because you place 3 blocks fast. 
 I'll admit, I have no solution to fix this, because I don't know anything abuout developing a server. But lag is basically a big foundation for a big house. And what's the point building the house if the foundation is just, not working?

Then we also got these random lagspikes that appears for no reason (as far as I know). They make players build up a rage, make them unhappy that will lead to being a bad sport. They will leave, it's just as simple as that. I saw a jr. mod type "Relog or just wait it out". We aren't suppose to have to do that, we must be able to have a good gameplay without lag. And this lag appear for everyone, I have a fairly strong pc with a 760 card and still get it. 

Then we got all these minum and smal bugs, some are:
CTH fire, why do you respawn with fire? That's just annoying..
Fasthit glitch, we all know about this. 
And there is probably a ton of others. That I can't be asked to find.

A lot of maps also need improvment or just being removed, even if they are old. By just looking at 50% of the avicus maps they are just too small, bringing a bad gameplay or is just somewhat wrong.
Another issues I also have with maps is the regions, people can build out 200 blocks in the void and from there start to make a bridge to the monument (http://prntscr.com/75wt6e). Lately I havn't tested it, but hightlimits (if they aren't fixed) should really be put in to "every" map.

Ow, and jr mods, don't be Robots. I know it can be hard, I was there once aswell. But just be you. 
And one more thing, I'm not saying this to make a war, I'm saying this because I want to see avicus improve.

RightSide May 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM UTC

I don't experience no block lag even on bad wi-fi with bad ping! And we know about some glitches and I'm sure they will try and fix them hopefully I'm not sure though for sure! And the maps being old is your opinion against alot others I agree some maps are bad but others like them so Avicus has to compromise!

kycrafft May 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM UTC

Here's a list of my problems:

Honeslty these are annoying but I can live with most of them. That being said, I still think they could be fixed.

resepignev May 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM UTC

Actually on almost every nebula map is a height limit, but keep in mind some maps don't need them.
Avicus uses a custom anticheat plugin that affects the game almost in no way.
I have a pretty bad laptop and I don't get any block-lag, even if I ninja bridge.
I also don't get random lag spikes. I only get them, because I have too many tabs in my browser open and they are reloading.
CTH fire bug is a minecraft bug on avicus fault.
Fast Hit glitch is a client issue, you just have to relog.
Avicus has a average player count of 100-200 players daily and why should we have 200-300 blocks big maps when only 20 players are playing on that map?

Robin_DD_J May 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM UTC

Actually on almost every nebula map is a height limit, but keep in mind some maps don't need them.
Avicus uses a custom anticheat plugin that affects the game almost in no way.
I have a pretty bad laptop and I don't get any block-lag, even if I ninja bridge.
I also don't get random lag spikes. I only get them, because I have too many tabs in my browser open and they are reloading.
CTH fire bug is a minecraft bug on avicus fault.
Fast Hit glitch is a client issue, you just have to relog.
Avicus has a average player count of 100-200 players daily and why should we have 200-300 blocks big maps when only 20 players are playing on that map?
Alright so, you made some fairs points.

1. As I said, I wasnt too sure on this with hightlimits. You've proven me wrong.
2. It clearly does doe I can't use a icarus and I can't place blocks fast.
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL7JWK2-SiI
4. I recived a few just this morning.
5. Then they will find a way to fix it, because it is a bug.
6. They need to fix this aswell.
7. I do not think we have the same picture when I say small and big maps.

ViceTechnicolour May 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM UTC

1. As I said, I wasnt too sure on this with hightlimits. You've proven me wrong.
Forwarding your video for block lag, we've been needing it for a while

Robin_DD_J May 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM UTC

You might aswell show him this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bftG0Rs6t1w
Edit: This is a old video and may have been fixed, you should still check though.

Sevoo May 16, 2015 at 5:05 PM UTC

I don't experience no block lag even on bad wi-fi with bad ping! And we know about some glitches and I'm sure they will try and fix them hopefully I'm not sure though for sure! And the maps being old is your opinion against alot others I agree some maps are bad but others like them so Avicus has to compromise!
Thats because you dont wallwalk.

You havent experienced the amount of times I was supposed to get a monument from MLG block placing on Quintus and seeing the block disappear below me and suddenly falling in the void.

Or the amount of times I try to wall walk a Crescent and then boom. "ItzSevo fell in the void"

Notalgicular May 16, 2015 at 5:05 PM UTC

Nothing will happen. Ivy asked for a video of block lag and I sent it to him and that was about 3 months ago

Aphelion May 16, 2015 at 5:05 PM UTC

Oh no Robin!

I agree Avicus is pretty much going downhill xD

RightSide May 16, 2015 at 6:05 PM UTC

You havent experienced the amount of times I was supposed to get a monument from MLG block placing on Quintus and seeing the block disappear below me and suddenly falling in the void.

Or the amount of times I try to wall walk a Crescent and then boom. "ItzSevo fell in the void"
Oh yes I do get block lag when wall running :'(

vladthegreat100 May 16, 2015 at 6:05 PM UTC

Ooo, block lag is annoying, I ant get away from people or rush as easily .-. If you need I can record & upload to show the block lag problem

_Phyre May 16, 2015 at 6:05 PM UTC

I literally lag spike on some maps for no reason, with a Nice 980 and an i7...

Jahaj May 16, 2015 at 6:05 PM UTC

I've never had a lag spike once after the Omega Update, and my computer is from 2009.

Okiba May 16, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

yeah.... It makes it hard to rush and block place

EndiMC May 16, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

same here, and im on an 15 laptop!, as for maps, i love the maps and if people are unhappy with them then they can make thier own for avicus!

Okiba May 16, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

yes... Very frustrating -_-

BmB May 16, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Robin your grammar is so cute sometimes. Also nice video of us stratting XD Boom always sounds so calm. 

On topic i swear to god if blocklag exists in the tourney i will snap my penis in half.

Hacktivism May 16, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Robin your grammar is so cute sometimes. Also nice video of us stratting XD Boom always sounds so calm. 

On topic i swear to god if blocklag exists in the tourney i will snap my penis in half.
Pretty sure NCP will be removed in the tourney, so there should be a lot less lag.

Pelpelajax May 16, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

I am making sure there's block lag.

Sem May 16, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

"blocklag will be fixed in the next big update!"

BmB May 16, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

I am making sure there's block lag.
I'll make you watch..

Okiba May 16, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

oh god.....

emilizzle May 16, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Fasthit is fun, Blocklag is only for people who wont spam right click I think.

The FPS lag should be fixed first indeed

Robin_DD_J May 16, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

It's not my fault!

BmB May 16, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

It's not my fault!
Yes it is. Who elses fault would it be?

Robin_DD_J May 16, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Yes it is. Who elses fault would it be?
My teacher...

BmB May 16, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

My teacher...
No u

Robin_DD_J May 16, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

No u
Yes u

SWEET_Johny May 16, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

rip avicus 1.0

keenanjt May 16, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

We don't plan to advertise on Avicus, what you mean by that?

Not sure of any server side lag spikes... If you could report them that'd be good because I haven't seen any reports with clear evidence.

Cyclops May 16, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

Not sure of any server side lag spikes... If you could report them that'd be good because I haven't seen any reports with clear evidence.
Where the hell have you been?

Where the hell have you been?
Am I missing something, or what do you mean..?

Cyclops May 16, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

As in you aren't aware of the issues/missing additions at hand in-game.
I've heard so many players claim they have sent you evidence on these issues/missing additions, but nothing has been done.
For example, like the time I asked you in TS "When will you be able to invite people to scrim servers", and you replied with "It'll most likely be done by tomorrow", this was about 2-3 weeks ago.

ProfessorUtonium May 16, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

Umm
it takes me 3 tries to mine a monument until it finally registers 
it's not my connection 
I have 50-60 average ping each hour (I check every hour)

As in you aren't aware of the issues/missing additions at hand in-game.
I've heard so many players claim they have sent you evidence on these issues/missing additions, but nothing has been done.
For example, like the time I asked you in TS "When will you be able to invite people to scrim servers", and you replied with "It'll most likely be done by tomorrow", this was about 2-3 weeks ago.
I'm aware of many of the issues listed here, I was asking for video of the server lag spikes specifically because I am doubtful of it and no one has sent evidence of that specifically. It might help in the process of fixing the issue, but there's no guarantees there.

I've been busy with things outside of the realm of Minecraft, hopefully you can understand that. Sorry if that caused problems, but I can't prioritize a hobby over school and other bigger things going on in my life.

Hacktivism May 17, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

I'm aware of many of the issues listed here, I was asking for video of the server lag spikes specifically because I am doubtful of it and no one has sent evidence of that specifically. It might help in the process of fixing the issue, but there's no guarantees there.

I've been busy with things outside of the realm of Minecraft, hopefully you can understand that. Sorry if that caused problems, but I can't prioritize a hobby over school and other bigger things going on in my life.
Just a small clip of Nebula gameplay about an hour ago. This was right after you left the match.

http://youtu.be/kdWnD48C4Ts

keenanjt May 17, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

Just a small clip of Nebula gameplay about an hour ago. This was right after you left the match.

http://youtu.be/kdWnD48C4Ts
The server can't impact FPS at all except through entities or blocks. I don't think the server/plugins are at fault here... If someone can verify this happens to them that might slightly change things, but our plugins don't do any things like that so I'd still be pretty skeptical.

Edit: Also, things are going on in your game while the client lag is occurring.

Dyspa May 17, 2015 at 2:05 AM UTC

Things to fix:

DiviXion May 17, 2015 at 2:05 AM UTC

Block lag has caused at least 1/10 of my deaths.

Cyclops May 17, 2015 at 3:05 AM UTC

The server can't impact FPS at all except through entities or blocks. I don't think the server/plugins are at fault here... If someone can verify this happens to them that might slightly change things, but our plugins don't do any things like that so I'd still be pretty skeptical.

Edit: Also, things are going on in your game while the client lag is occurring.
This has happened to me numerous times, and I can assure you it's not Client Side.
Everytime this has happened to me, I ask in chat if anyone else just had a massive lag spike, and about half the servers responds of a "yes".
This also occurs on Rendezvous 3 a lot.

Robin_DD_J May 17, 2015 at 7:05 AM UTC

I mean advertise avicus on different websites. Sorry If I didnt make that clear

IcyCode May 17, 2015 at 7:05 AM UTC

Guys but seriously shut up.

Report issues at github they will be fixed quicker then.

Don't just look at what's bad about avicus but also look at what's so great about it. If you are still here you obviously like avicus... Since the update I have not seen ONE thanks to Kylo for all the work he has done and everyone else who worked on it. 

These posts are becoming too frequent and they all day the same things...

Dyspa May 17, 2015 at 10:05 AM UTC

Guys but seriously shut up.

Report issues at github they will be fixed quicker then.

Don't just look at what's bad about avicus but also look at what's so great about it. If you are still here you obviously like avicus... Since the update I have not seen ONE thanks to Kylo for all the work he has done and everyone else who worked on it. 

These posts are becoming too frequent and they all day the same things...
Really? Not even one thanks to Kylo? I'm pretty sure you haven't seen the official post about the update.
Also, we look at the bad stuff Avicus has because it doesn't let us play correctly/well, so it's starting to get a bit annoying + I think I've seen you in chat complaining about this issues too.

Lojevu May 17, 2015 at 2:05 PM UTC

1+