Avicus Archive

Need Opinions by zdq February 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

Nothing big but I just wanted to ask what would be better out of:
a) Having 13 - 16 CPS but no blockhit
b) Having 6.5 - 8 CPS and being able to blockhit
My aim would be the same either option F.Y.I

Hacktivism February 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

I would say, on Avicus, go with the blockhitting because of how far you can knock people back with it.

RightSide February 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

But sometimes block bitting gets a little annoying XD

Tarheelkiwi February 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

You can preform some amazing combos without block hitting.  But the first one looks like jitterclick, and I am not a big fan.  But, the bigger the cps, the better.

zdq February 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

It isn't jitter clicking, it's 2 left clicks :P and use button 5 as my right click. Also I play Pot PvP 75% of the time.

EDIT: Bring back HG and I'll be on that 100% of the time :) (Minecraft time, I do have a life :P)

KalinD February 13, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

i prefer to jitter with a good strafe, blockhit isn't that needed when u strafe good but it can helps, i prefer cps than blockhit tbh

Stimulating February 13, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

13-16 gives you more benefits imo, but if you utilize blockhitting like I do, depending on the situation, it could be more useful, but 95% of the time jitterclick, but don't over-do it and take breaks, getting carpal tunneling is Horrendous.

zdq February 13, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

13-16 gives you more benefits imo, but if you utilize blockhitting like I do, depending on the situation, it could be more useful, but 95% of the time jitterclick, but don't over-do it and take breaks, getting carpal tunneling is Horrendous.
It isn't jitter clicking, it's 2 left clicks :P and use button 5 as my right click.

The_Detonator_ February 13, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

It isn't jitter clicking, it's 2 left clicks :P and use button 5 as my right click.
That's illegal.

Stimulating February 13, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

put two fingers over your left click and have each finger tap it once at a time, basically drumrolling your fingers on your left click to get that kind of cps without using that or jitter

zdq February 14, 2015 at 8:02 AM UTC

put two fingers over your left click and have each finger tap it once at a time, basically drumrolling your fingers on your left click to get that kind of cps without using that or jitter
Ok, thanks! You're always there to help :)

zdq February 14, 2015 at 12:02 PM UTC

That's illegal.
Is it illegal on all servers? And why is it illegal?

Legoche February 14, 2015 at 1:02 PM UTC

Blockhitting.

Legoche February 14, 2015 at 1:02 PM UTC

This isn't why it is illegal, but it is very bad for your health and you can get problems with your hands from it.

FrozenSolstice February 14, 2015 at 2:02 PM UTC

This isn't why it is illegal, but it is very bad for your health and you can get problems with your hands from it.
On the topic of jitter clicking, I feel the need to state some of the problems that may arise when using this tactic too often.

Arthritis;
You probably know what this is.

Carpel Tunnel Syndrome;
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on nerves that run through the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain. Pregnancy, arthritis or repetitive hand movements can cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Splinting and medications can help, but sometimes an operation is needed.

Various muscle disorders;
These can include spasms of the muscle, twitching numbness and other side affects. Unlinke carpal tunnel, some of these muscle disorders can affect not only your arm, but other muscles, like your eyelids and mouth.

There are probably more, but I'm not going to list them all. :P

This is why I only jitter when I HAVE to.
Of course, this is just some information, you choose what you'd like to do.

NOTE; These disorders and such do not occur after jittering once, you'd have to do it extensively.
Also, these side affects can cause more serious health problems, like epilepsy.

zdq February 14, 2015 at 7:02 PM UTC

On the topic of jitter clicking, I feel the need to state some of the problems that may arise when using this tactic too often.

Arthritis;

Carpel Tunnel Syndrome;
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on nerves that run through the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain. Pregnancy, arthritis or repetitive hand movements can cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Splinting and medications can help, but sometimes an operation is needed.

These can include spasms of the muscle, twitching numbness and other side affects. Unlinke carpal tunnel, some of these muscle disorders can affect not only your arm, but other muscles, like your eyelids and mouth.

NOTE; These disorders and such do not occur after jittering once, you'd have to do it extensively.
Thanks, I won't be jitter clicking then >.>

Stimulating February 14, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

Arthritis;

Carpel Tunnel Syndrome;

actually unless arthritis runs in your family you won't get it from jitterclicking. 

do NOT jitterclick with your wrist, use bicepts. Unless you want your wrist to be f'd. 

You have to seriously overdo it to get these kinds of things as well. 
Top PvPers have been jittering for 2-4 years and have no issues because they're careful not to overdo it. 

So it has the potential, just the risk isn't as great as people think.

Stimulating February 14, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

It's considered a macro, macros are not allowed :P

zdq February 15, 2015 at 8:02 AM UTC

It's considered a macro, macros are not allowed :P
Ahh, I didn't know was it wasn't under the macro option on my mouse.

Hacktivism February 15, 2015 at 8:02 AM UTC

actually unless arthritis runs in your family you won't get it from jitterclicking. 

do NOT jitterclick with your wrist, use bicepts. Unless you want your wrist to be f'd. 

You have to seriously overdo it to get these kinds of things as well. 
Top PvPers have been jittering for 2-4 years and have no issues because they're careful not to overdo it. 

So it has the potential, just the risk isn't as great as people think.
Any tips on jitterclicking? Right now I'm doing it with my wrist ;-;

zdq February 15, 2015 at 8:02 AM UTC

Any tips on jitterclicking? Right now I'm doing it with my wrist ;-;
I can jitter click, I just don't use it. All you have to do is tense your arm.

zdq February 15, 2015 at 10:02 AM UTC

Still, bit wierd how changing mouse controls is considered a macro t~t

The_Detonator_ February 15, 2015 at 12:02 PM UTC

Arthritis;

Carpel Tunnel Syndrome;

I can confirm right now that jitter clicking does not cause epilepsy and there is no evidence whatsoever for the other claims.

The_Detonator_ February 15, 2015 at 12:02 PM UTC

It's a client modification that gives you a large advantage over other players.