Avicus Archive

Source's rushing tactics! by source_route March 8, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

Hello!

These are my nebula rushing tactics

1. Sneaking

When ever I rush I always use sneaking, it comes in handy if you're being chased for if you're near the monument but don't want to be noticed. I always use sneaking in scenarios like this: i'm being chased by 2-4 people and I find cover to hide behind (a wall), i'll dig under and place a block above myself to become hidden. (If that made any sense)

2. Patience 

Patience plays a big part in rushing, if you're ever hiding near or close to the monument patience can be your best friend. At some point those defenders could become distracted giving you time to advance or even go for the monument.

3. Attacking

Attacking the defenders or any one isn't the greatest idea. For one you draw a lot of attention to your self making it hard not over ran by masses of people. Secondly, you have the chance of death which could result in the monument being taken by others, or when you rush again there are more defenders. 

4. Sky base / bridging

Sky basing / bridging is an effective team work intensive method. The best way to sky bridge is to have 3 - 5 people on the ground and 6 in the air. The people on ground are just distractions, but the brigders are the main attacking force. Sky bridging is mainly where team chat comes in (/c t), Team chat is your team's way of communicating with out the other team knowing.

5. Bridging 

One of the most important parts of rushing is bridging. Fast bridging is also very important (ninja shifting: hold down sd or ad and click at the same time that you shift, Breezily: hold down s and go from a to d to a in 1 second intervals while jitter clicking.)

just_snowbody March 8, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

Helpful

source_route March 8, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

Helpful
:D thnx!

StewieFG March 8, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

Really helpful :) Thanks for making this post! :D

source_route March 8, 2015 at 7:03 PM UTC

Really helpful :) Thanks for making this post! :D
you're welcome :D

Hacktivism March 8, 2015 at 7:03 PM UTC

A correction: don't jitterclick while Breezily bridging; it doesn't work. Instead, time your clicks extremely precisely. Also, another tip for skybridging is to have the bridge as a distraction. Rush on it a few times to get the opposite team to shoot at people on the bridge, and then rush on the ground. The other team will sometimes be too focused on the bridge to notice you.

SlabSun March 8, 2015 at 8:03 PM UTC

A correction: don't jitterclick while Breezily bridging; it doesn't work. Instead, time your clicks extremely precisely. Also, another tip for skybridging is to have the bridge as a distraction. Rush on it a few times to get the opposite team to shoot at people on the bridge, and then rush on the ground. The other team will sometimes be too focused on the bridge to notice you.
Sneaky troll, you ._.