Avicus Archive

Help :III by SirCyaniide April 8, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

OK so I've been playing and pvping since 2013, and every time i'm on avicus someone will kill me with one hit due to their knock back..... I've seen many tutorials on how to cause it but sprinting, hitting their legs, and even using Speed potions hasn't helped me at all. Do Not comment down here if you're going to have a salty opinion to this thread. Please someone reply to this, I'm just curious, and want to learn this technique.

-Cyanide :D

Ducksfanwaterloo April 8, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

pepper

Porkyyy April 8, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

What I do is just click my mouse very fast, which should give you a bit more knockback.

Hacktivism April 8, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

^ Ignore him :P

What I usually do is to keep clicking, and spam my sprint button while diving at them and hitting them, causing them to fly backwards. Also, I've found that making my aim shake a little actually improves the knockback I'm getting.

Edit: arrow was pointing at Ducks.

Alpapi April 8, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

Hitting people while they're in the air tends to knock them back a good bit. So try and time it when they jump? idk

Ducksfanwaterloo April 8, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

What I usually do is to keep clicking, and spam my sprint button while diving at them and hitting them, causing them to fly backwards. Also, I've found that making my aim shake a little actually improves the knockback I'm getting.

Ignore a Moderator??????????????????????????????????????????????? Wowow!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare thee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hacktivism April 8, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

Ignore a Moderator??????????????????????????????????????????????? Wowow!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare thee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't know you were a moderator.

zero9178 April 8, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

Their are many ways of getting alot of knockback. The probably well known one is hitting him while in the air. There is also a less known one. Everytime you are starting a sprint the first hit will deal extra knockback, the others will give them normal knockback. What you can do is spamming W to reset your sprint. I would try to sync it to your click speed as iti is also a little bit of a gamble, cause if you are doing it wrong the enemy can easily get you into a combo. Another way is a strategy called hybrid blockhitting. What you have to do is hit the enemy, block once, hit, block .... Because of the blocking you are going to reset your sprint and deal extra knockback. This technique is way harder to learn but if you got it you can do god combos.

Sry if there is any miss information. I'm not the best.

RightSide April 8, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

I know lots of people that jitter click and then they get lots of knock back :)

SirCyaniide April 8, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Their are many ways of getting alot of knockback. The probably well known one is hitting him while in the air. There is also a less known one. Everytime you are starting a sprint the first hit will deal extra knockback, the others will give them normal knockback. What you can do is spamming W to reset your sprint. I would try to sync it to your click speed as iti is also a little bit of a gamble, cause if you are doing it wrong the enemy can easily get you into a combo. Another way is a strategy called hybrid blockhitting. What you have to do is hit the enemy, block once, hit, block .... Because of the blocking you are going to reset your sprint and deal extra knockback. This technique is way harder to learn but if you got it you can do god combos.

Sry if there is any miss information. I'm not the best.
Thanks Man ill try it :DDDDDDDD

Robin_DD_J April 8, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

He ment porky

:DDD Thank u

Sevoo April 8, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

reset sprint, and usually just click fast. Blockhitting helps 2, but 1.8 has no blockhitting =P.

You should REALLY learn to to kb REDUCE.

The best and easiest way is just to hold a and then d for like 1 sec. You can also jump and press s right b4 someone hits you. Thx Jg :3

Hacktivism April 8, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

reset sprint, and usually just click fast. Blockhitting helps 2, but 1.8 has no blockhitting =P.

You should REALLY learn to to kb REDUCE.

The best and easiest way is just to hold a and then d for like 1 sec. You can also jump and press s right b4 someone hits you. Thx Jg :3
You can blockhit in 1.8, but it just renders differently.

goldenwalrus909 April 8, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

I have three main ways I use to get knockback. 

tl;dr: Crouch, block-hit, and shake your head. 

Number one, it's important to understand that you get the highest knockback when you first start sprinting. You can take advantage of this to get some really amazing knockback. To do this, you must time your crouches. After you start sprinting, continue holding down the sprint button. Then, use your crouches to reset your sprint, making you start sprinting again, allowing you to get the best knockback. Once you get a lot of experience with it, you can start timing them to always get the highest amount possible. Also, crouching decreases knockback on you, making it even harder for your opponent to avoid getting knocked into the void. 

Secondly, don't be afraid to block-hit. This can be quite beneficial because it obviously decreases damage and-- correct me if I'm wrong-- can let you reach a bit farther, allowing you to get those few extra hits.

Thirdly, quickly shaking your head in a "condensed" manner, so to speak, is also a good idea. Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed when I quickly shake my mouse around in a small amount of my screen, I tend to get more knockback and hits.

Enjoy c;

Atdit April 8, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Do you have a hight clicking speed? and don't jump when hitting enemys.

HitByADagger April 8, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Hi listen oke
you will maybe not believe this i am one of the 'fastest' clickers i did about 26cps back in my dayz i do about 23cps now
clicking wont help you with knockback oke if you actually wanne know how to knock people back ask me on skype or something i am not botherd to type this thing  

P.S.
Things that have taught me never listen to people on this server tbh most of them have an IQ of a kid

Number one, it's important to understand that you get the highest knockback when you first start sprinting. You can take advantage of this to get some really amazing knockback. To do this, you must time your crouches. After you start sprinting, continue holding down the sprint button. Then, use your crouches to reset your sprint, making you start sprinting again, allowing you to get the best knockback. Once you get a lot of experience with it, you can start timing them to always get the highest amount possible. Also, crouching decreases knockback on you, making it even harder for your opponent to avoid getting knocked into the void. 

Secondly, don't be afraid to block-hit. This can be quite beneficial because it obviously decreases damage and-- correct me if I'm wrong-- can let you reach a bit farther, allowing you to get those few extra hits.

Thirdly, quickly shaking your head in a "condensed" manner, so to speak, is also a good idea. Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed when I quickly shake my mouse around in a small amount of my screen, I tend to get more knockback and hits.

Enjoy c;
How the hell can you get more knockback by shaking your head?

Thirdly, quickly shaking your head in a "condensed" manner, so to speak, is also a good idea.

Srry dude but dont give people tips if you are not even close being a standart player but this is just my opinion you should look some people up brother

Enjoy c;
Second: dont crouch if you play against good players you can do this in avicus or something but dont do it in 1v1's against high elo players
Crouching while stop your sprint so it makes your reach not far enough to hit someone sometimes

Thirdly, quickly shaking your head in a "condensed" manner, so to speak, is also a good idea.

Srry dude but dont give people tips if you are not even close being a standart player but this is just my opinion you should look some people up brother
"How the hell can you get more knockback by shaking your head?"
Shaking my aim a bit while still keeping it on the opponent works really well from my experience.

be respectful

be respectful
He's actually given some helpful tips, and has offered to give you tips over Skype.

Second: dont crouch if you play against good players you can do this in avicus or something but dont do it in 1v1's against high elo players
Crouching while stop your sprint so it makes your reach not far enough to hit someone sometimes
thanks

He's actually given some helpful tips, and has offered to give you tips over Skype.
K

Dude listen to that guy 
You prob dont even know who i am 
and not sounding like a cock or something but if you know epsilpha and you think he is god i was better then him and i know some stuff you would never known im trying to help offering my skype ive almost never done something nice 
watch those 
start at 4:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o17N_pikQ5g
Doing my no kb trick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoGB7SiKwLI

Dude listen to that guy 
You prob dont even know who i am 
and not sounding like a cock or something but if you know epsilpha and you think he is god i was better then him and i know some stuff you would never known im trying to help offering my skype ive almost never done something nice 
watch those 
start at 4:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o17N_pikQ5g
Doing my no kb trick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoGB7SiKwLI
I'll look em up. Thanks

Sevoo April 8, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

Exhibit A scrub ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6hSIKI4kg

and dont h8 m8

HitByADagger April 8, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

Exhibit A scrub ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6hSIKI4kg

and dont h8 m8
dagoldbrick loved that dude
still a dickhead i think

goldenwalrus909 April 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

Oh, yeah, since I assumed this post was made for information regarding Avicus PVP, I put this in because, after all, from my experience, it's one of the biggest factors that affects knockback. But yeah, I wouldn't recommend doing this in a 1v1, either :p

Also, I've done a lot of experimenting, and it definitely seems to me that shaking your head does, in fact, increase your knockback :I

P.S.
Your IQ remains relatively the same, regardless of age ._.

SirCyaniide April 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

Anyways. thank you guys soo much for helping me out :D. I'll see some of you tonight. (Not because my temp ban expires) but because i can't leave this server ;DDDDD thank you all. Feel free to keep on posting.  I'm thinking of creating a channel when I get my new computer

HitByADagger April 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

Oh, yeah, since I assumed this post was made for information regarding Avicus PVP, I put this in because, after all, from my experience, it's one of the biggest factors that affects knockback. But yeah, I wouldn't recommend doing this in a 1v1, either :p

Also, I've done a lot of experimenting, and it definitely seems to me that shaking your head does, in fact, increase your knockback :I

P.S.
Your IQ remains relatively the same, regardless of age ._.
Since you are 'experienced' could you beat someone like dualz or mlgtino
cuz i just watched one of your 1v1 vids where you were getting rekt by a random while giving tips to players that are better then you

you could be good in avicus (ping) but you wouldt be good in any fachtion server or in a fight against a decent player

cuz i just watched one of your 1v1 vids where you were getting rekt by a random while giving tips to players that are better then you

you could be good in avicus (ping) but you wouldt be good in any fachtion server or in a fight against a decent player
Drop it... It's a game. Thanks for the advice tho. And send me the video. I need a good laugh

Drop it... It's a game. Thanks for the advice tho. And send me the video. I need a good laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQCRAXMVdk&spfreload=1 here senpai me skype is hydraika btw

BoldAndBrash April 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

Can you not?

Can you not?
what?

goldenwalrus909 April 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

Yes, it is just a game. I'm sorry if I angered or offended you in any way; I was only trying to help SirCyanide by giving any information I knew about getting knockback on a server I've spent a lot of game time on. Yes, I'm not even that good at PVP, and those people could completely destroy me. I don't quite understand why you keep wanting to point out how bad I am when all I do is try to help someone who needs it. Also, I don't think I ever said anything about being good in the first place. I just know how to get good knockback xD

Once again, I apologize for whatever I did.

And PS my YouTube channel isn't active yet. So that's a lie 

Yes, it is just a game. I'm sorry if I angered or offended you in any way; I was only trying to help SirCyanide by giving any information I knew about getting knockback on a server I've spent a lot of game time on. Yes, I'm not even that good at PVP, and those people could completely destroy me. I don't quite understand why you keep wanting to point out how bad I am when all I do is try to help someone who needs it. Also, I don't think I ever said anything about being good in the first place. I just know how to get good knockback xD

dude no need to apologize you dindt do something bad its just me
you can give some tips but if you are not that good but you still say you are experienced then you should be good but dont say stuff you think is true you can say it but say something like
I THINK HitByADagger is smart
you know what i'm trying to say ik its a game ive quited it alot of times and i'm coming back again 

But srry for being so hard its me brother you can ask anyeone that knows me they know i am a dick

Golden I made this thread because I wanted you, Porky, or Hacks to answer. Don't be sorry. You're helping me out a lot. Don't let this scrub put you down. You're the best PvPer I've seen. Keep on making those montages btw.

Golden I made this thread because I wanted you, Porky, or Hacks to answer. Don't be sorry. You're helping me out a lot. Don't let this scrub put you down. You're the best PvPer I've seen. Keep on making those montages btw.
Dude if you wanne get better you should watch some other people i'm telling you they are avicus standarts watch some old vids from beast players

Dude if you wanne get better you should watch some other people i'm telling you they are avicus standarts watch some old vids from beast players
Tbh u sound like you can be a great help. But your causing too much tension here. So just go on. And stop being rude to some people here who are putting their ideas out. Next time u say anything offensive. I'm getting a mod.

HitByADagger April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Tbh u sound like you can be a great help. But your causing too much tension here. So just go on. And stop being rude to some people here who are putting their ideas out. Next time u say anything offensive. I'm getting a mod.
dude thats me the mods that know me know how i am and the most that got demoted know me so yh

Porkyyy April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Cyanide, do you still need any tips?

badgg April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

1. 300ms
2. Click fast
3. Shadows sexy kb trick
4. Make robin mad
5. $$$$

In all seriousness, getting the first hit is vital. Just make sure you land that hit, and go through with the strafe.

SirCyaniide April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Cyanide, do you still need any tips?
Bombs away :DDD

SirCyaniide April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

1. 300ms
2. Click fast
3. Shadows sexy kb trick
4. Make robin mad
5. $$$$

In all seriousness, getting the first hit is vital. Just make sure you land that hit, and go through with the strafe.
XD thanks

Porkyyy April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Another way to actually get more knockback (in addition to what I told you on the first page), is to kind of shake your mouse very slightly from side to side. 
I'm starting to do this more in my videos, and it's definitely helping me to deal more knockback. :)

HitByADagger April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Another way to actually get more knockback (in addition to what I told you on the first page), is to kind of shake your mouse very slightly from side to side. 
I'm starting to do this more in my videos, and it's definitely helping me to deal more knockback. :)

SirCyaniide April 8, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

Thanks man. You've been a great deal of help, I'll hopefully get to try these strat tonight

SirCyaniide April 9, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

One more Question. How can I join teams. And if so, can I join yours ?  (>•_•<)

Porkyyy April 9, 2015 at 3:04 AM UTC

One more Question. How can I join teams. And if so, can I join yours ?  (>•_•<)
To join, the owner of the team must send you a request, and it'll appear as a notification.
Once you have received the notification, you just click "Join Team" and you're in!

However, I am not the owner of the team, so I can't invite you.
When vladthegreat100 gets back from his vacation, I'll ask him about it, since he's the owner.
:)

SirCyaniide April 9, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

To join, the owner of the team must send you a request, and it'll appear as a notification.
Once you have received the notification, you just click "Join Team" and you're in!

However, I am not the owner of the team, so I can't invite you.
When vladthegreat100 gets back from his vacation, I'll ask him about it, since he's the owner.
:)
Gotcha

Ducksfanwaterloo April 9, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

I didnt know you were a bean

shahmi April 9, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

i just block hit cause if u block the knockback is lower chance

Sho April 16, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

So many cringeworthy posts that are so incredibly inaccurate. I'm going to shed some light on this. And also help the OP. 

"is to kind of shake your mouse very slightly from side to side. "
I'm sorry what? That's not even how KB mechanics work. If you do it's either because you have 0-50ms (very good ms) or the 80-120ms, typically referred to as the "spanish knockback". Minecraft is one of the most ms based games out there and ping affects pvp skill so much. Also the reason why "ping warriors" don't take any KB. 

"blockhitting gives you more kb"
Myth. It barely gives you any KB and if someone is sending you flying it's either because they are hybrid blockhitting. (Or the ms range i mentioned previously) 
That's how you get insane reach usually. The only person I know that can execute this perfectly is Stan. 

"Jitterclicking gives you KB"
It gives you reach, not KB. If this was true then Dualzz would be sending people flying when circlestrafing. It's also not a requirement if you want to combo. If you're fucking over your aim just because of 1-2 extra clicks then don't do it. 
Also, there is no way to get good at pvp other than practicing. Play on Badlion ranked ladders and Kohi ladders, etc. Don't try to perform a certain playstyle, have people improve your current technique and you will develop your own unique pvp style. You will get good trust me. And use a sprint key if you aren't (it's 1.8 already for god's sake)

SavageAmericans April 16, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

I'm a "Spainish Knockback" xD I have about 100 ms

Dyspa April 16, 2015 at 2:04 AM UTC

1. Head-Twitch: When aiming at the other players head, you won't knock them back but you will knock them a lot of blocks up.
2. W Spam: Just try spamming your W key when strafing and you'll get a lot of KB.
3. Abuse Lag: The hit detection gets somekind of delay when lagging producing more KB.

Sho April 16, 2015 at 3:04 AM UTC

1. Head-Twitch: When aiming at the other players head, you won't knock them back but you will knock them a lot of blocks up.
2. W Spam: Just try spamming your W key when strafing and you'll get a lot of KB.
3. Abuse Lag: The hit detection gets somekind of delay when lagging producing more KB.
W spam (it's called wobbling btw) only works if you time it right. The whole point of it is to re-engage your sprint to get the initial hit KB effect. However if you time it late you won't be sprinting when you engage your initial hit and it will fuck you over completely. time it too early and you won't get the effect. You don't need to wobble all the way when engaging in the combo itself.

zero9178 April 16, 2015 at 5:04 AM UTC

W spam (it's called wobbling btw) only works if you time it right. The whole point of it is to re-engage your sprint to get the initial hit KB effect. However if you time it late you won't be sprinting when you engage your initial hit and it will fuck you over completely. time it too early and you won't get the effect. You don't need to wobble all the way when engaging in the combo itself.
+1 listen to this man

Dyspa April 16, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

Do you even know who Jehovass_Witness is?
He wobbles the whole time for a combo and during the combo, TheTrail too.

Sho April 16, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Do you even know who Jehovass_Witness is?
He wobbles the whole time for a combo and during the combo, TheTrail too.
I fight some impact members on a daily basis and i've been on OCN for a year +. p sure i know my famous players, thank you very much. Also i know trail from like 10+ months ago, i haven't talked to him since then tho. Also i said it's not a requirement. If you molest your w spam constantly during the combo you will fuck it over.

Okiba April 16, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

What i do is that I sprint then spam left click until they either die or fall in the void
x3

zaidms0987 April 16, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Some of these "tactic" replies are hliarious

Dyspa April 17, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

I fight some impact members on a daily basis and i've been on OCN for a year +. p sure i know my famous players, thank you very much. Also i know trail from like 10+ months ago, i haven't talked to him since then tho. Also i said it's not a requirement. If you molest your w spam constantly during the combo you will fuck it over.
Yeah, check some of their videos, Trail recently made 1 showing his keyboard.
;)

P.S: Reading this now, my comment sounded a bit rude, I didn't mean to do it, xD.

Sho April 17, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

Yeah, check some of their videos, Trail recently made 1 showing his keyboard.
;)

P.S: Reading this now, my comment sounded a bit rude, I didn't mean to do it, xD.
no worries, it'll take much more than that to get under my skin.

SirCyaniide June 10, 2015 at 11:06 PM UTC

Please don't bump up old topics Sapphire