Avicus Archive

Staff , can I get some help? by cjrford February 13, 2015 at 1:02 AM UTC

Can somebody please tell me when the applications are going to open again? I might apply for mod. C:

Hacktivism February 13, 2015 at 1:02 AM UTC

From what I know, there isn't a set date yet, but applications will open sometime in April or May. This might not be correct though.

cjrford February 13, 2015 at 1:02 AM UTC

Okay, thanks!

Mooch24 February 13, 2015 at 1:02 AM UTC

i think they are changing the system and stuff

i would recommend just checking the forums occasionally for updates and what not

Porkyyy February 13, 2015 at 1:02 AM UTC

We are testing a new "hand picking" method, which will hopefully begin in mid March. Basically, this means that the staff team will be observing players in-game and on the forums who are helping others, and exhibiting the traits of a moderator (without impersonating staff), and we will keep an eye on that player to see if he / she is moderator material. If the staff team agrees on promoting said player, they will be given the Jr Mod rank, as well as be trained like any other Jr Moderator. As for applications, we do not know an exact date yet. Whenever we need more moderators, we'll alert the community. :)

hasl February 13, 2015 at 7:02 AM UTC

We've just had three waves in the last 5 months.
Apps will always be welcome when Avicus requires more staff members, but as Porky said a new way of recruiting staff is going to be implemented and tested soon.