Avicus Archive

Promoting other game modes by MangoSmoothie_ May 3, 2015 at 7:05 AM UTC

Hey guys,

So I went on Avi the other day, and there were about 50-100 people online. I then found everyone on DTM playing a map. Then I found out it was full, and it wouldn't free up soon. So I left to play another server.

I know heaps of people who do that, and find out that the only game mode that is played is DTM. To be honest, I've been playing less Avicus, because everyone is always playing DTM! I used to love it, but it's getting a bit boring now. So…

Let's Promote Other Gamemodes!

What about some of the games which aren't played as much, such as Elimination, SG and CTH to have a bonus credits (maybe something like double credits weekend for these game modes) so more people will play them?

Suggest other ways below!

Hacktivism May 3, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

They already tried Double Credit Weekend on SG, and it didn't work very well :/
It's sad to see that nobody plays on the gamemodes we all waited so many months for.

MangoSmoothie_ May 3, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

It's sad to see that nobody plays on the gamemodes we all waited so many months for.
Yeah, it's just sad because I want to play SG, but no one ever wants to play :(

samthemenace May 3, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

Sg still has double credits, and there occasion is a game. It is a shame that everyone goes strait on nebula and overlooks all the other game modes. People need to be a bit more optimistic and play games like CTW CTH and SG. Games only really happen on these game modes when there is 200+ players on. Its hard to get a game going even then, and CTH only needs 4 people to start.

emilizzle May 3, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

I think that we should make a kinda agenda for sg and stuff. So everyone on which time they should join to play SG

Robin_DD_J May 3, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

In my opinion they should focus on nebula and nebula only, getting more players in that way and then, if the server ever comes up in around 200-300 players again add one more gamemode or something. 

But as I said I think they should focus on only nebula, because that's like the only thing that is getting played.

In mczone, the majority of people played survival games. When the server went avicus, the only game mode that was constant and reliable was nebula, so everyone stayed on nebula as all the changes happened. Now its time for people to come out of there shell and play other things.

P.S. nebula is first in the list; its a psychological thing that you are far more likely to pick the first game in the list. And there is a core of walls players as well.

PokerFace May 3, 2015 at 5:05 PM UTC

Most of the people that were waiting for it are now long gone D:

The only way now is to bring it back into people's eyes with voting.