Avicus Archive

Will I Get Banned For This by shahmi March 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM UTC

There is a way to eat food in vanilla minecraft without actually eating. If you left click on a fence with any food then it will eat by it self. Will this get you banned or not???

BelgiumWaffles March 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM UTC

Nope

Rainstruck March 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM UTC

Can you provide video for this? It would allow us to help determine whether it should be allowed or not.

Atdit March 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM UTC

Yes, you can get banned for "Abuusing Glitch".

StewieFG March 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM UTC

I'm pretty sure it's considered "Glitch Abusing" and pretty sure you can get punished for it.

Pelpelajax March 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM UTC

If you do this, you're abusing glitches.

shahmi March 11, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

If you do this, you're abusing glitches.
But it's not a glitch you can do it in vanilla minecraft they have had it for a while

shahmi March 11, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

Can you provide video for this? It would allow us to help determine whether it should be allowed or not.
Sorry don't have a recording software yet but you can go to a single player mode and it will still work

MasterProX March 11, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

But it's not a glitch you can do it in vanilla minecraft they have had it for a while
Just because it's "in vanilla Minecraft" — bear in mind that Avicus gameplay is largely vanilla as well — doesn't mean it's not a glitch, because it still very much is. I believe you're talking about what's commonly denoted as the "fence glitch"... yeah, it isn't allowed. If at all punished, you'd most likely be warned or kicked for "abusing glitches"; banned, probably not (at first).

Hacktivism March 11, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

It's abusing a vanilla glitch, and if you do this I believe you'll be kicked after a warning.

Atdit March 11, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

You will be banned if a moderator watches you while doing it.

Just don't do it...

Hacktivism March 11, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

You will be banned if a moderator watches you while doing it.

Just don't do it...
I'm pretty sure they won't ban you for this unless you keep doing it after multiple warnings and kicks.

shahmi March 11, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

Thank you guys I didn't want to do it without checking if it is allowed. Never done it incase any mod thinks xD

Rainstruck March 11, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

After looking it up on YouTube I'm going to agree because it is a glitch within the game, and that is not allowed on Avicus.

shahmi March 11, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

After looking it up on YouTube I'm going to agree because it is a glitch within the game, and that is not allowed on Avicus.
Thanks for the help

Atdit March 11, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

I'm pretty sure they won't ban you for this unless you keep doing it after multiple warnings and kicks.
Yes, but what if they will ban you after the first time?
I'm 95% sure they will check for infractions/kick/warn you first
But sometimes a mod temp-bans you instantly

(Once I sweared very much in just ONE sentence and got banned for 7 days. Without warnings)

Emmaye March 11, 2015 at 10:03 PM UTC

In 1.6, there was a Critical Hit glitch that was abused a lot in pvp, which was really unfair. Fence glitching is basically using NoSlowDown in a way, so don't abuse glitches because you will be punished as stated above.

_Phyre March 12, 2015 at 12:03 AM UTC

In 1.6, there was a Critical Hit glitch that was abused a lot in pvp, which was really unfair. Fence glitching is basically using NoSlowDown in a way, so don't abuse glitches because you will be punished as stated above.
If anyone can do it... I don't get this rule, anyone can do it and it is a glitch, so what?

Emmaye March 12, 2015 at 1:03 AM UTC

If anyone can do it... I don't get this rule, anyone can do it and it is a glitch, so what?
Because not all players in Minecraft know about this glitch, which can be used as an unfair advantage.

Milki March 12, 2015 at 1:03 AM UTC

On a note of glitches: Would the "shoot through corners" thing count as a glitch?

Basically, it's when someone's made a wall quickly (like in JKawesome's videos when he covers himself around a monument), but if the person moves towards one corner, then part of their body will stick out and be able to get shot (I've killed a rusher who surrounded himself on Quintus before this way.)

Yaky March 12, 2015 at 1:03 AM UTC

On a note of glitches: Would the "shoot through corners" thing count as a glitch?

Basically, it's when someone's made a wall quickly (like in JKawesome's videos when he covers himself around a monument), but if the person moves towards one corner, then part of their body will stick out and be able to get shot (I've killed a rusher who surrounded himself on Quintus before this way.)
Pretty sure that was me if I remember correctly :/The corner glitch is just your hitbox going through the wall, so even swords can hit you, happens to me with skybridges with no floor under the wall, cause bottom corners work too.

RightSide March 12, 2015 at 6:03 AM UTC

Well it's mainly abusing a glitch if you are caught May result in the appropriate sanctions  . Also if you mean fast soup which is a sort of hack you can be banned for that !

PokerFace March 12, 2015 at 9:03 AM UTC

I'm no staff but, I read the rules.

Section A8
"Do not intentionally take advantage of server exploits that give you an advantage of other players. Doing so results in a severe punishment. Instead, we highly encourage you to email [email protected] with details regarding the potential server exploit."

Notice how it says "Server Exploits"
This glitch is not because of the fault of the Avicus server, it is because of Minecraft's programming. So, unless the rules are to be updated, I believe it is allowed.

Milki March 12, 2015 at 11:03 AM UTC

Pretty sure that was me if I remember correctly :/The corner glitch is just your hitbox going through the wall, so even swords can hit you, happens to me with skybridges with no floor under the wall, cause bottom corners work too.
It wasn't you for sure.

So then, by the rules, it's allowed?

Emmaye March 12, 2015 at 11:03 AM UTC

I'm no staff but, I read the rules.

Section A8
"Do not intentionally take advantage of server exploits that give you an advantage of other players. Doing so results in a severe punishment. Instead, we highly encourage you to email [email protected] with details regarding the potential server exploit."

Notice how it says "Server Exploits"
This glitch is not because of the fault of the Avicus server, it is because of Minecraft's programming. So, unless the rules are to be updated, I believe it is allowed.
Every single server has this as an exploit (except a few), so it's technically not allowed.