Avicus Archive

IOS vs Android by AstroFlare February 19, 2015 at 6:02 AM UTC

I was wanting to get a poll on what everyone uses. I use android myself. I'll update this when I have time to.
IOS:7
Android:12

Posighdun February 19, 2015 at 7:02 AM UTC

IOS, although apple lack the skills to make a good computer they know how to make good operating software for mobile devices. Apple is way ahead with mobile devices.

D00ZiE February 19, 2015 at 7:02 AM UTC

Android master race. 

Galaxy S5 supremacy.

Howsie February 19, 2015 at 7:02 AM UTC

IOS, although apple lack the skills to make a good computer they know how to make good operating software for mobile devices. Apple is way ahead with mobile devices.
Do elaborate on your claim.

I vote iOS. Android is cool, but this is evidently a subjective decision.

PokerFace February 19, 2015 at 7:02 AM UTC

Android.

The down side of ios is the fact that developers, like me, have to purchase licenses in order to post our creations. Also another bad thing about ios is that in order to get the software you need to purchase an apple mobile device which in turn is another gimmick to give apple more money.

Do elaborate on your claim.

I vote iOS. Android is cool, but this is evidently a subjective decision.
Mac's are good for certain things, OSX is more stable then windows and OSX has better applications for professional use. That being said in order to purchase OSX you need to buy an apple device and when it comes to gaming OSX isnt good.

badgg February 19, 2015 at 7:02 AM UTC

Android tablets.
Apple everything else. 

iPad's are quite limited in my opinion.

Aanszo February 19, 2015 at 7:02 AM UTC

S4 is great. 
Although, I find the IPhone 6 quite cool too. Might buy one. q:^]

Pavlo February 19, 2015 at 7:02 AM UTC

Android all the way. Tonnes more freedom. Plenty more apps, and especially more free ones :P
And no,  Apple are not way ahead with mobile devices, if anything, they are way behind. The iPhone 5s is just as good as a Nexus 4 released in 2012. iPhones only just got their first 1080p phone this year, while Android has had them for a while now :P.

Hacktivism February 19, 2015 at 8:02 AM UTC

iOS. It offers simplicity, extensive functionality, and the best quality apps in the App Store. Literally anyone could learn the UI in seconds. It took my sister about five seconds to figure it out when she was two years old, compared to a Samsung Galaxy, which even I still have trouble finding my way around on. I've used an iPhone since it came out in 2007, and never once have I longed for more features, because the functionality bundled with the iPhone is more than enough, at least on an iPod and iPhone. I do wish that iPads could support more though, perhaps even running OS X on it.

Pavlo February 19, 2015 at 8:02 AM UTC

iOS. It offers simplicity, extensive functionality, and the best quality apps in the App Store. Literally anyone could learn the UI in seconds. It took my sister about five seconds to figure it out when she was two years old, compared to a Samsung Galaxy, which even I still have trouble finding my way around on. I've used an iPhone since it came out in 2007, and never once have I longed for more features, because the functionality bundled with the iPhone is more than enough, at least on an iPod and iPhone. I do wish that iPads could support more though, perhaps even running OS X on it.
I do agree that it is a LOT easier to use an iPhone :P

StewieFG February 19, 2015 at 2:02 PM UTC

Android, they have wayyy better tweaks & cool stuff & settings & other stuff then apple does, I had an iPhone 4S for a year, now I have the LG G3 phone which runs Android, and in my opinion Android is better than Apple.
EDIT: They also have less bugs :P

Spartemex February 19, 2015 at 2:02 PM UTC

Android. Superior customization ability, cheaper, more features on most phones, an option of more than two phones to go with the OS, and much much more. Android FTW

Rainstruck February 19, 2015 at 2:02 PM UTC

Alright, here we go the greatest debate since sliced bread. I will go it o the Pros AND Cons of both iOS and Android. Let's start with iOS 

iOS:
Pros:Cons: 
Notes:

ITunes: the reason that it is on both the pros and con's side is that on the phone ITunes works great!! However on the computer iTunes is a humbled mess, Especially when backing up.

Single Core: when an iPhone runs a SINGLE App it works fantastic. However multitasking is a pain when it comes to iOS

iOS 8: its just like Minecraft 1.8. Its very buggy and was made especially for developers so they could work on projects related to it

Types of devices: you only have iPhones and iPads no other companies can and are allowed to make iOS phones

Android: 
Pros:

Cons:

Notes:

Widgets: iOS has then as well but they can only be accessed through the notification bar.

Good for programing: This is the opperating systemthat developers of games and apps start on.

Viruses: Android CAN get them. They are still hard to come by.

Can be confusing: yeah it took me about a month to figure out everything on my phone but you will eventually get it down.

If you feel something is wrong with this please reply with it so I can fix it!!
I'm not aiming towards one side or the other because they both have pros and cons. Hope this was helpful!!!

Thanks,
Riley

Rainstruck February 19, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

I also fixed the title! ;)

SpeedyBeaner February 19, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

I'm on a Samsung s5 right now my only problem with it is it just like all other new phones don't have a slide out keyboard and that break to easy this is also a problem with ios

SpeedyBeaner February 19, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

Alright, here we go the greatest debate since sliced bread. I will go it o the Pros AND Cons of both iOS and Android. Let's start with iOS 

iOS:
Pros:
  • Widely accepted
  • Extremely user friendly
  • Tons of apps from the app store
  • iTunes
  • Fast single core processing
  • iMessage
Cons: 
  • Non useful apps
  • The system takes up a lot of memory
  • Not very customizable
  • iTunes
  • Maps app
  • iOS 8
  • Not very good multitasking
  • Not many types of devices
Notes:

ITunes: the reason that it is on both the pros and con's side is that on the phone ITunes works great!! However on the computer iTunes is a humbled mess, Especially when backing up.

Single Core: when an iPhone runs a SINGLE App it works fantastic. However multitasking is a pain when it comes to iOS

iOS 8: its just like Minecraft 1.8. Its very buggy and was made especially for developers so they could work on projects related to it

Types of devices: you only have iPhones and iPads no other companies can and are allowed to make iOS phones

Android: 
Pros:
  • Highly customizable
  • Widgets
  • Easy to publish on
  • Can be super fast
  • Good for programing
  • Tons of companies make Android phones
  • Removable battery
  • Amazing multitasking

Cons:
  • Not as user friendly
  • Can be very confusing
  • Viruses
  • Easy to break code for Android operating system
  • Not as widely accepted

Notes:

Widgets: iOS has then as well but they can only be accessed through the notification bar.

Good for programing: This is the opperating systemthat developers of games and apps start on.

Viruses: Android CAN get them. They are still hard to come by.

Can be confusing: yeah it took me about a month to figure out everything on my phone but you will eventually get it down.

If you feel something is wrong with this please reply with it so I can fix it!!
I'm not aiming towards one side or the other because they both have pros and cons. Hope this was helpful!!!

Thanks,
Riley
I find that the android will have problems depending on who made it while ios also can't download stuff from the Internet but that also protects it from viruses as I am pretty sure I have ad ware on my Android

lactify February 19, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

Android.

iOS is complicated IMO.

MilkshakesMC February 19, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

IOS apple is really safe free of virus and it lasts you lots of years like my family has a computer and we got in 2007 and it still hasnt broken i am a apple fan

cinammoncroc000 February 19, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

I only choose iOS because I'm not very familiar with Android's layout. That's only because I've used an Android phone for around 3 months, whereas I've had my iPhone for around 3 years already.

zero9178 February 19, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

Android . 
I love 5.0 on my shield tablet

Stimulating February 19, 2015 at 5:02 PM UTC

Android, you can actually get decent free apps and developers have more freedom. Plus iPhones and iPads are SOOOO easy to break. And the costs of Apple devices is stupidly high

Pavlo February 19, 2015 at 7:02 PM UTC

IOS apple is really safe free of virus and it lasts you lots of years like my family has a computer and we got in 2007 and it still hasnt broken i am a apple fan
My parents have had a PC since 2005 and it still works great....

GrapeSmoothie February 19, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

iOS because I said so

SWEET_Johny February 19, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

Personally I would choose Android.

Overall iOS looks much nicer and cleaner in my opinion, and operates more smoothly than many android devices, although they might not run 'better' or more efficiently. Also, the 'cracking' between the two is HUGE. When jailbreaking an iOS device it's so much easier, and installing tweaks seems much easier than when on Android. But the largest difference is what the cracks can do. 

Over the weekend a friend of mine was speaking to me about switching over from an iPhone to Android, and was asking me about some of the benefits of doing so. One of the pros I mentioned to him in regards to having an Android device is having the ability to root the phone. After asking me a few questions about it, his response was "ok yeah, but I can also jailbreak my iPhone, so no big difference there“. Lots of users, both Android and IOS alike, actually don't know that there is a very big difference between the IOS jailbreak and Android root access. You can't actually "jailbreak" Android or "root" IOS. 

Here is the simplest way to explain this as I can currently think of. Think of it like the Matrix: Jailbreaking is comparable to what Morpheus could do. He could bend the rules of the system to overcome certain restrictions, but was still bound to its rules. Rooting is what Neo could do. Not only could he bend the rules, he could completely break them (my God that was a slick analogy).

So in the end I am going to go for Android, as rooting my device is a huge part of my phone.

HentieSenpai February 19, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

Android, it's confusing sometimes, but It has more features.

Apple Devices are simple and easy to use, the games are good, but I find Android so smooth and faster while everytime I drop my apple phones they break, but it seems Android never breaks now matter how many times I dropped it.

FrozenSolstice February 19, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

IOS.
You saw that coming c:

JohnYoYo9 February 20, 2015 at 12:02 AM UTC

iOS pls

Jahaj February 20, 2015 at 12:02 AM UTC

iOS, just get a case if you think they are fragile. I also think that the cost of the phone doesn't matter that much, the data plan is what costs the most.