Avicus Archive

Becoming a Moderator by Tijmen1999 July 18, 2016 at 5:07 PM UTC

Hi.

Is there anywhere I can start to become a moderator?

Junr July 18, 2016 at 5:07 PM UTC

You can apply when applications open up or possibly get reffered by another Moderator.

Tijmen1999 July 18, 2016 at 5:07 PM UTC

You can apply when applications open up or possibly get reffered by another Moderator.
And when do applications open?

And when do applications open?
They will probably open in August since last applications were open in April and they open every 3 months now.

They will probably open in August since last applications were open in April and they open every 3 months now.
And is there any need for new moderators?

And is there any need for new moderators?
 Edit:
Actually, I'm pretty sure we need Moderators who can speak both English and Spanish. I also think we need a few from Australia.

Edit:
Actually, I'm pretty sure we need Moderators who can speak both English and Spanish. I also think we need a few from Australia.
Well I can speak English and Dutch and I can be online in the morning (GMT+1).

_DipperPines July 18, 2016 at 5:07 PM UTC

Ok, I've been wondering when they would be open again. But just warning you, there are many requirements including time spent on the server and you have only been on for 42 minutes.... So, you MAY want to wait. It's up to you.

Ok, I've been wondering when they would be open again. But just warning you, there are many requirements including time spent on the server and you have only been on for 42 minutes.... So, you MAY want to wait. It's up to you.
Thanks for your advice. I'll do my very best to become a moderator and will be filling in everything.

Unfortunately I'll be going on a 2.5 week vacation on Friday.

cellish July 18, 2016 at 6:07 PM UTC

Well I can speak English and Dutch and I can be online in the morning (GMT+1).
well Tijmen1999 are you new to the server???
IF SO WELCOME!!!

Tijmen1999 July 18, 2016 at 6:07 PM UTC

well Tijmen1999 are you new to the server???
IF SO WELCOME!!!
Yeah, thanks.

hasl July 18, 2016 at 6:07 PM UTC

Yeah as Junr stated above there are two methods to get a Junior Mod trial. The first is...
The other system is...

Hmm, seems like I've covered the basics of it. :)

N.B: Some of this information may not be 100% accurate due to the fact it is based of my knowledge of polices from when I was staff last.

Porkyyy July 18, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

Also just try being active on the forums and ingame chat and stuff.

The staff team needs to be able to help everyone so make sure ya know all your rules :)

FrostedCupcakez July 18, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

Yeah as Junr stated above there are two methods to get a Junior Mod trial. The first is...
  • The application process, this is the standard process of Application -> Interview -> Trial. Ryan (Rinn) introduced the system where staff apps are to open three months after the trial period is concluded, so theoretically applications should open August or even September. However the senior staff team can decide to keep them closed for an extended period of they feel it's necessary.
The other system is...
  • The staff referrals, which is essentially 'hand-picking'. The conclusion is based on majority vote on the thread after a period of time. I believe some examples of this are LFT, WQMBAT and Mqderator.

Hmm, seems like I've covered the basics of it. :)

N.B: Some of this information may not be 100% accurate due to the fact it is based of my knowledge of polices from when I was staff last.
-Claps-

AMIES July 18, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

Yeah, thanks.
Welcome >:)

Tijmen1999 July 19, 2016 at 8:07 AM UTC

Welcome >:)
You again, do not try anything.

PotatoStealer_ July 19, 2016 at 8:07 AM UTC

You again, do not try anything.
Haha! Welcome! :p