Avicus Archive

Quintus? by Fouled August 28, 2016 at 1:08 PM UTC

Hello,

We'd like to have a community vote on whether Quintus should either be edited back, stay the same or be completely removed from the rotations in atlas.

Please consider that the old version was mainly just a kill farm map that didn't really have much proper gameplay. If you're wanting the map to be edited back or stay the same for a reason such as "oh its a nostalgic map" or "its my favourite map", your vote will not be counted. We want your opinion on the map based on the gameplay.

When voting, please write down a reason for your choice too.

Sweedie August 28, 2016 at 1:08 PM UTC

Edited back becouse I like there was five monuments and it's easier get them by being sneaky then :)

The current one works too but anyways I don't want it to get removed

Tazz August 28, 2016 at 1:08 PM UTC

remove the terrible map. it's gameplay sucks

hasl August 28, 2016 at 1:08 PM UTC

I actually find having two monuments increases stalemate matches. So I say keep the widened channel and lack of diamond to prevent excessive kill farming but revert back to five monuments; also the name means 'five lives'. For tradition I say keep the monument amount for nostalgia sake.

TriTron_ August 28, 2016 at 1:08 PM UTC

just to refresh my memory, which one is Quintus again? Can you send a screenshot?

BoldAndBrash August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

Edited back.

Zeusy August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

horrible map, bad gameplay. Remove

tomqss August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

Remove, bad gameplay.

Legoche August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

It has terrible gameplay whatever you do to it, I already had a rant about this to you Sli, but if anyone else wants to hear my argument just reply to me asking and i'll be sure to write an essay.

It's a big NO from me! !!!

DaFrozenBlaze August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

I don't mind anything

keller183 August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

bad map usually very laggy for me remov

flyofff August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

Edit back to old version. When people try to kf and others try to knock em out, it's even better.

GrapeSmoothie August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

Terrible gameplay. Map is stale. Remove

Sevoo August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

Keep the edits to the diamonds but revert back to the 5 monuments. Or remove.

zero9178 August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

edit back or remove

Zedther August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

Replace with Quintus CTW.

Zegita August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

shit map not only can it get extremely laggy the map is really badly placed you can jump onto the top of spawn it's just so broken remove it fuck all the ppl that say nostalgia i been here since mczone and it was shit during then.

ProfessorUtonium August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

remove

it's a lost cause

dev_revs August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

edit back

JDKL August 28, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

Edit back or remove.

Murphh August 28, 2016 at 3:08 PM UTC

Quintus is a favorite map to many players, so I would hate to see it go. It just needs a few changes.

With the 2 mons now, it seems an easier objective and teams just bridge across void, control top of spawn, and bridge to mons.  Many teams ignore top of spawn and it becomes an easy win for the other team.

Remove all diamonds...that's what creates the kill farming.

I like the old 5 mons because I like longer matches and there were more mons to pay attention to.  It seems like more players would help with defense with 5 mons.

Another suggestion is to have 3 mons by adding another one farther back behind spawn.  We've created our own "3rd mon" in battles before and sometimes it helps with defense.

Quintus is a keeper!

Legoche August 28, 2016 at 3:08 PM UTC

It has terrible gameplay whatever you do to it, I already had a rant about this to you Sli, but if anyone else wants to hear my argument just reply to me asking and i'll be sure to write an essay.

It's a big NO from me! !!!
I'm gonna rant anyway l0l

First thing I wanna talk about is kill farming, yes, it's improved recently and is less common on Quintus although it's a big flaw with the map. The diamond armour is very overpowered against the leather armour and the layout pretty much makes a prebuilt kill farming area for you.Not to mention the fact that the only way to push is going straight out of spawn, if this is being kill farmed players will constantly die. If you was a new player here you wouldn't like you first experience to be getting excessively spawn killed would you?

The maps layout has large flaws also that make defence incredibly hard and make offence easy if not noticed. Any team pushing against good organisation will struggle to get past the front lines, let alone to the monuments.

The only reason it was kept was for nostalgia and honestly I'd rather not want to play a terribly designed map because it is "old" and brings back "memories", not to mention that throwback is being removed so there is no point in keeping it so it's time to ditch it.

ICHlBAN August 28, 2016 at 3:08 PM UTC

Remove, its lost its feel and touch

Junr August 28, 2016 at 4:08 PM UTC

Just edit it back or add a third monument in the back, but keep the chest the same with the iron and the 4 diamond blocks.

DaFrozenBlaze August 28, 2016 at 4:08 PM UTC

Remove, its lost its feel and touch
this

Seuthy August 28, 2016 at 4:08 PM UTC

remove

nickzulu3 August 28, 2016 at 4:08 PM UTC

Keep quintus! Such a fun map to play, it takes a lot of time to win the match and you have to be very strategic about it.

Ciaan August 28, 2016 at 4:08 PM UTC

Stale map with people constantly complaining about lag - remove.

lactify August 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM UTC

Revert back to the old version please.   

IMO, it's simple to avoid the players kill farming and I like the map style. It is a good rush map.

ImRaging August 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM UTC

its really bad

its been a good like 2/3 years

get rid pls

imryaan August 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM UTC

SO FUCKING LAGGY

cellish August 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM UTC

I kinda really liked the map when it had 5 monuments, but of course there is some negative parts too like killfarming and stuff, also i think the map is kinda laggu, but maybe thats just me

cellish August 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM UTC

edit back or remove
^

Jahaj August 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM UTC

Edit back plz

Everyone used to enjoy the map back when it was 5 mons.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Oraporo August 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM UTC

Edit back

ElementalAssasin August 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM UTC

edit back.

AMIES August 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM UTC

Edit it please

PieZ August 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM UTC

Remove it

vladthegreat100 August 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM UTC

Remove the map. Terrible gameplay, stalematey, kill farm central

_DipperPines August 28, 2016 at 7:08 PM UTC

Revert to original. With two monuments it takes longer than 5, keep diamond because it makes it more interesting for the people who have it because everyone gangs up on you, and with the kill farming, just go around plus it creates new strategies.

XtraMajestical August 28, 2016 at 7:08 PM UTC

Edit back its hard to kf

Camemes August 28, 2016 at 7:08 PM UTC

Whilst I enjoyed Quintus, the killfarming and poor gameplay is why it must be removed.
Rip.

RightSide August 28, 2016 at 7:08 PM UTC

Bring back the old Quintus it was only good that way or just remove it instead of having the one that is on throwback now.

Shadowbladz August 28, 2016 at 8:08 PM UTC

Fckn put the spawn behind the objectives and then sure add it back

PokerFace August 28, 2016 at 9:08 PM UTC

Revert it back to 5 monuments, but keep the iron gear in the towers to prevent kill-farming.

Gameplay with 5 monuments is more fun than 2.

PosteGamer August 28, 2016 at 9:08 PM UTC

This map is the favorite for some players, so i don´t think remove it from the rotations wouldn´t be a good idea; you should keep it but edit some things like remove the diamonds and revert back to the original one, with 5 monuments.

kon333 August 28, 2016 at 9:08 PM UTC

I would say keep it because its a lot older (more of a classic) than other maps but keep the diamond how it is at the moment but change back to 5 mons.

BornToDie August 28, 2016 at 9:08 PM UTC

I would say to edit it back to how it was with 5 monuments but to definitely remove diamonds so that kill farming can be less likely to occur.

TheMasterClock August 28, 2016 at 11:08 PM UTC

throw that shit in the trash. hate it.

Tarheelkiwi August 28, 2016 at 11:08 PM UTC

I vote keep it

Precise_ August 28, 2016 at 11:08 PM UTC

Edit it back or atleast add the middle mon back

Acceqted August 29, 2016 at 1:08 AM UTC

Bad gameplay, remove.

Zintenka August 29, 2016 at 5:08 AM UTC

All the comments stating that the map is a lost cause makes me chuckle.

You forget that this is minecraft where you can build and destroy at your leisure.

Only one path? Make more.

Two monuments < Five monuments = Five monuments.

The map can be editted to suit Atlas's standards fairly easily. No use giving up now, eh?

Edit the map some more based on things that would normally bring great gameplay to the map.

The diamonds should stay but only an amount that allows for 2 dia dudes on each side. They'll die sooner or later anyhow...

OldManTigerMask August 29, 2016 at 6:08 AM UTC

Revert to Original
and STOP saying Quintus has bad gameplay, it isn't bad, just unique

Reasons:

Quintus, although the original is heavily kill-farm, I believe it is actually fairly good as for it made it more unique and you could actually find alternative methods to avoid it, I even remember we just built under it and saved ourselves or even use skybridges!

Quintus with 5 monuments is amazing! It was one of the only maps with 5 monuments and that made it very fun to play!  You can risk your luck by connecting all the monuments and then destroy them one after another, or even use the spawn roof to connect to each monument.

To conclude, although Quintus has Kill-Farming Issues, the plethora of monuments and unique style of gameplay definitely shows how good this amazing map is!

kycrafft August 29, 2016 at 7:08 AM UTC

Revert to Original
and STOP saying Quintus has bad gameplay, it isn't bad, just unique

Reasons:

Quintus, although the original is heavily kill-farm, I believe it is actually fairly good as for it made it more unique and you could actually find alternative methods to avoid it, I even remember we just built under it and saved ourselves or even use skybridges!

Quintus with 5 monuments is amazing! It was one of the only maps with 5 monuments and that made it very fun to play!  You can risk your luck by connecting all the monuments and then destroy them one after another, or even use the spawn roof to connect to each monument.

To conclude, although Quintus has Kill-Farming Issues, the plethora of monuments and unique style of gameplay definitely shows how good this amazing map is!
Quintus actually does have poor gameplay, or at least it did in the ultra kill farm era. The problem is there are two ways to reach the other team's side. On the ground or bridging over the void. The second option is much riskier, leading to players choosing the first option more often. This means that by blocking off the "courtyard" area and killfarming, you can effectively stall the game and the offense, since trying your luck with bridges is still very hard, due to the lack of cover, central islands, ect. One could argue that skybridges offer a solution, but more often then not, the skybridges start from the courtyard area anyways, rendering the inaccessible during a killfarm. In addition, with the amount of diamonds on the map, a death of one full diamond player could potentially cause a 2-Set swing and unbalance the map. While the community love for the map is strong and the map started off well, it has aged poorly and its flaws being exposed. 

I don't entirely disagree with you; I think it should be reverted, but with the removal of all diamonds except the swords. However, saying the current or even recent past versions of the map are amazing may be stretching it. To me it was more of a sloppy, depressingly pointless stalemate.

_Nathy August 29, 2016 at 9:08 AM UTC

Well its basically between remove it or change it back.

I personally say change it back, it gives me that tingly nostalgic feeling

But if remove it wins the vote, I demand a community funeral as Quintus has always been there for us Avacadians and we should give it a proper burial as a sign of respect

SamuelJacob9 August 29, 2016 at 9:08 AM UTC

edited back

piratewithgun August 29, 2016 at 3:08 PM UTC

For the majority of avicus players this is the favourite map. Just edit it back to how it was before. People that use the forums a lot and talk about maps having good gameplay don't like this map but for your average player this is an all time favourite

alexanderjoe August 29, 2016 at 3:08 PM UTC

Edit it back

Robin_DD_J August 29, 2016 at 4:08 PM UTC

It's insane to me that it's taken this long for at least a few of the communities members to realise how horrible the map is. A clear remove.

As I suggested 8 months ago when I was mapdev, something like that atleast, remove it completely, but save it. Have these nostalgia events I suggested which can bring (hopefully) a bunch of players on at the same time.

Clijmart August 29, 2016 at 7:08 PM UTC

I'd suggest removing completely, but keeping for Scrimmages.
It's a good map if your teammates know what they're doing and you can work together, pushing the mons.
But without any teamwork it has horrible gameplay, which most of the time is the case.

Vote: Remove

c4ooo August 29, 2016 at 7:08 PM UTC

Remove diamonds, revert to 5 mons. Quintus just isn't quintus without five mons.In fact G_SKIPPY named it "quintus" becouse it had five mons (quint = five). Yes remove the diamonds becouse they cause a lot of farming, but please revert to having 5 mons. In most cases, the first 3 mons are taken within the first 5 minuts anyways.

Midnightstorm August 29, 2016 at 8:08 PM UTC

Edited back.

xNemoII August 29, 2016 at 8:08 PM UTC

Edit back

Okiba August 29, 2016 at 8:08 PM UTC

The gameplay is pretty bad, so remove it pls

OldManTigerMask August 29, 2016 at 8:08 PM UTC

Quintus actually does have poor gameplay, or at least it did in the ultra kill farm era. The problem is there are two ways to reach the other team's side. On the ground or bridging over the void. The second option is much riskier, leading to players choosing the first option more often. This means that by blocking off the "courtyard" area and killfarming, you can effectively stall the game and the offense, since trying your luck with bridges is still very hard, due to the lack of cover, central islands, ect. One could argue that skybridges offer a solution, but more often then not, the skybridges start from the courtyard area anyways, rendering the inaccessible during a killfarm. In addition, with the amount of diamonds on the map, a death of one full diamond player could potentially cause a 2-Set swing and unbalance the map. While the community love for the map is strong and the map started off well, it has aged poorly and its flaws being exposed. 

I don't entirely disagree with you; I think it should be reverted, but with the removal of all diamonds except the swords. However, saying the current or even recent past versions of the map are amazing may be stretching it. To me it was more of a sloppy, depressingly pointless stalemate.
What I don't understand is, why can't we have 5 monuments with the current kill farming protection?

MrDogPT August 30, 2016 at 12:08 AM UTC

Remove Quintus, I get like 25 fps while playing on it.
Usally I get 90-100.
Thanks.

HugoJ8a August 30, 2016 at 5:08 AM UTC

Edit it back in with a few tweaks... Revert it back to 5 mons and edit/remove the diamond blocks out...

Posighdun August 30, 2016 at 5:08 AM UTC

Remove.

Terrible gameplay.

Phjilip August 30, 2016 at 12:08 PM UTC

Edit back!

For the first time I played the new Quintus everyone was saying: ''WTF???"
After that everyone started swearing about they have to change it back and I think mayby 2/10 will remove quintus
Mayby we have to make an other game on quintus like ctw or tdm, cause I am lagging pretty much sometimes and that is a pretty big problem.
It's one of the oldest maps on avicus and it's the gameplay is pretty special, I understand people why they say:''the gameplay sucks''., but that is why it's a nice and original map, the gameplay is different and I think that is a nice thing so see against its sucks.

Thank you, Phil

Lucartex August 30, 2016 at 1:08 PM UTC

remove. if hate it

SayJay11 August 30, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

the only people saying it has bad gameplay is staff. I have played on this server for like 3 years-ish and it was one of my favorites, but now its boring, so therefore i think it should be edited back, diamonds and all. I dont want diamonds to be removed because it makes it easier for people to guard. It should be edited back to original.

AtditC August 30, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

Can't this vote be showed in-game? A lot of players which aren't on the forums might like this map like this is.

EDJM9 August 30, 2016 at 3:08 PM UTC

Remove it from rots, but keep it accessible for people on scrim servers

OldManTigerMask September 13, 2016 at 9:09 PM UTC

:( I was just trying to create a compelling argument XD

No I do agree with you that recent edits well... kind of ruined it in my opinion

OldManTigerMask September 13, 2016 at 9:09 PM UTC

just to refresh my memory, which one is Quintus again? Can you send a screenshot?

BoldAndBrash September 14, 2016 at 12:09 AM UTC

the only people saying it has bad gameplay is staff. I have played on this server for like 3 years-ish and it was one of my favorites, but now its boring, so therefore i think it should be edited back, diamonds and all. I dont want diamonds to be removed because it makes it easier for people to guard. It should be edited back to original.
There's literally a guy above you who is saying to remove it and has no rank, lol.

potatoarmor September 14, 2016 at 3:09 AM UTC

Bring back quintus, and bring back G_Skippy. Man is a god at making maps, also, its not that bad, you can add a few tweaks to it though:
1) push kf limit further (the redstone line) to middle of the big part. This will allow more room to make better decisions and gives the farmers a harder time maintaining the hoard.

2) (btw the text is cut off so i might make silly errors) tske out iron supply teleportation portals. I think those cause some of the lag but for the most part, nobody uses them and it's obstructing  the spawn defenders (people who sit in spawn defending wkth bow). I cant think of any other way that only that map causes lag though
3) reduce, or abolish all the diamond in the map, to limit the kf opportunity.

Thats all I got so far, any thoughts?

gyalchester September 14, 2016 at 6:09 AM UTC

Re-make completely

flyofff September 14, 2016 at 7:09 AM UTC

Remove Quintus, I get like 25 fps while playing on it.
Usally I get 90-100.
Thanks.
Why do you always misspell...

MrDogPT September 14, 2016 at 11:09 AM UTC

Why do you always misspell...
You aare so bipolar man :(

Legoche September 14, 2016 at 2:09 PM UTC

Quintus will not be returning, the map is unsalvageable

AtditC September 14, 2016 at 6:09 PM UTC

I still can't believe Quintus is gone :( At least I've got some footage of the map for the hard times.

faht September 14, 2016 at 6:09 PM UTC

woo

Jahaj September 14, 2016 at 10:09 PM UTC

Btw I just talked to Sli about it and he said that he wouldn't count the votes of people who only wanted it back for nostalgia, idk why, but anyway the map isn't going back into rotations, but there will possibly be a throwback day once a week or something like that where there will be old maps. He said it isn't a top priority, but if you bug the Map Devs about it I'm sure it will get done soon!

lactify September 15, 2016 at 1:09 AM UTC

Avicus wont be the same anymore, edited quintus or not.. :(

flyofff September 15, 2016 at 7:09 AM UTC

You aare so bipolar man :(
Lol you typed incorrect again xd is this cause of you are using phone?

marvelmarc33 September 20, 2016 at 1:09 AM UTC

Bring Back Quintus.... So many memories

marvelmarc33 September 20, 2016 at 1:09 AM UTC

Bring Back Quintus.... So many memories
Just read it's not coming back

AtditC September 20, 2016 at 2:09 AM UTC

Just readd the normal Quintus like it always used to be

benaye September 28, 2016 at 9:09 AM UTC

The reason Quintus is called "Quintus" in the first place is because of the 5 monuments, as someone has already stated. The word Quintus, in Ancient (and/or Modern) Greek actually means 5 lives or 5th life, so having the 2 monuments kind of takes away the Quintus feel.

#RevertOrRemove!

AtditC September 28, 2016 at 9:09 AM UTC

The reason Quintus is called "Quintus" in the first place is because of the 5 monuments, as someone has already stated. The word Quintus, in Ancient (and/or Modern) Greek actually means 5 lives or 5th life, so having the 2 monuments kind of takes away the Quintus feel.

#RevertOrRemove!
Quintus is already gone mate... rest in peace

__Talus__ September 28, 2016 at 11:09 AM UTC

INB4 MASSIVE UPROAR OF DEPRESSED PLAYERS WHO QUIT BECAUSE ONE MAP IS REMOVED

DaFrozenBlaze September 28, 2016 at 12:09 PM UTC

INB4 MASSIVE UPROAR OF DEPRESSED PLAYERS WHO QUIT BECAUSE ONE MAP IS REMOVED
Already happened lol

Legoche September 28, 2016 at 2:09 PM UTC

It's gone and it's never coming back. Requesting lock on this thread

Acceqted September 28, 2016 at 4:09 PM UTC

It's gone and it's never coming back. Requesting lock on this thread
Locking...