Racism Punishments

Replied to resepignev's post from January 10, 2017 at 11:14 PM
As an instant punishment, though? Like, a 14 day ban straight away?

resepignev   Moderator   Referee   Diamond   Translator
January 10, 2017 at 11:18 PM 0 replies Reply
  Replied to kycrafft's post from January 10, 2017 at 11:16 PM
Yes.

resepignev   Moderator   Referee   Diamond   Translator
January 10, 2017 at 11:43 PM 1 replies Reply
  Replied to DaGoldBrick's post from January 10, 2017 at 11:32 PM
That's great that "you've been on the internet since I was 6 and I was less of a pussy back then". It truly is amazing, but I never mentioned that I get offended by it, I just stated that there are players out there that interpret the joke in a harmful way, therefore the punishment should be changed to a 14 day tempban in order to protect them.
I hope you can distinguish between my opinion and a justification why the punishment should be changed.

Image result for amen meme

Racism isn't any more harmful than suicide encouragement. Therefore I think a 14 days ban should only be considered for intended racism.

Replied to Ludcha's post from January 10, 2017 at 10:39 AM
Yeah I agree that they shouldn't say it but still just ignore the person saying it

Replied to aawron's post from January 11, 2017 at 2:15 AM
Yeah of course, but it's easy to say than it's to do. People are different and some might not care about it, but some probably will care and get offended and such.

Replied to Ludcha's post from January 11, 2017 at 7:54 AM
same for suicide encouragement and that's what this thread is all about, the "punishments" for it

Replied to resepignev's post from January 10, 2017 at 11:43 PM
and I said if they interpret it in a harmful way they shouldn't be logging on the internet and onto a public minecraft server through the internet, you'd be able to read that if some retard didn't pull down my post for no reason

only genuine racism should be mutable, if you mute somebody for saying "my nigga" you're just an idiot

Replied to DaGoldBrick's post from January 11, 2017 at 1:14 PM
14 days mute :)

Replied to AtditC's post from January 11, 2017 at 2:23 PM
since when did they add mutes on this shit

Replied to keller183's post from January 11, 2017 at 4:08 PM
No, I mean ban, because if you're banned you're "muted" and dgb used the same term

Well back when I was staff no one had a clue what racism was and it appears its still the same. I really dont see why saying "nigga" or "nigger" is bannable. Especially when doing so in isolation, the same goes for any racist words. If someone is genuinely being racist than you can go ahead and ban them. Otherwise, just tell them to stop. I really dont see how hard it is to gauge if someone is being racist.

I did get banned once for saying "N**ga we made it by drake" in chat, but got unbanned shortly after because they understood. I think some staff members are more accepting about this than others, but I do agree 14 days is a bit excesive first try. And in the community we have its normal to do racist jokes, generally.

Replied to AtditC's post from January 11, 2017 at 10:24 AM
( late response) 

I understand, and sorry for going off topic!

The current punishment:
  • Racism              14 Days » Permanent
However there is no clarification of what 'racism' would be. So it's down to personal discretion of the mod.

Personally I would punish for it if it was either excessive or directed. A one off offence of saying just "n*gger" would be a verbal warn.

Replied to hasl's post from January 16, 2017 at 1:45 PM
Nigga DAAAMN 14 d ? Wat? Wat if someone new come to the server and he is worst than me ( I'm toxic I'm not going to lie ) and say "Sup niggas" then he is ban dude rlly? That's not ok for me saying nigga it's not racist I've been talking with staff and with 2 many ppl joking about that I'm a beaner and shit ( cuz I am LOL ) and I'm not getting ban or something but I'm pretty sure that if I say nigga in a good way like instead of saying fam/friend/boy u know I would get ban, most ppl in the staff will keep banning for this which is wrong

You must be logged in to create discussions and replies.