We need your feedback!

Posighdun   Diamond   Tournament Champion   Retired
January 6, 2017 at 2:18 AM Avicus Lounge
After talking to Fouled we decided to make a thread so we can get some suggestions for the rules page. I ask that the feedback/suggestions you provide are serious. It would help us if you provided some feedback based on the following questions;

Are there any rules that aren't clear/should be reworded?
Any rules that you believe should be removed and why?
Any rules you believe should be added and why?

This is probably already well known, but might want to change section A rule 6 so that it states that if it is a ban evadable ban such as innapropriate username or such, that ban evading is technically allowed, since it doesnt clearly state that.

dev_revs   Streamer   Social Media   Tournament Third Place
January 6, 2017 at 2:30 AM 7 replies Reply
Are there any rules that aren't clear/should be reworded?
Any rules that you believe should be removed and why? Scrimmage servers, make it so like you can say whatever you want on them, I'm tired of players getting in trouble in a scrim/on their own server that they reserved. Mods do not need to moderate chat in scrimmages. Especially since team leaders can invite/uninvited players, they could kick spammers.

Any rules you believe should be added and why? Also the "kys" rule, it does not need to be a ban, people need to learn to get over themselves and people say it over rage on an online game. Make it harder to ban off that. Like maybe a warn, and two-three kicks before a ban, and maybe a week at the most after that.

Also, idk if you want staff suggestions, but that staff rules/policy needs some work too, especially the "leaking" part

Replied to dev_revs's post from January 6, 2017 at 2:30 AM
Agree with the first one, not the second one, but the third one was the officials problem so probably talk to them.

Vouch to remove the kys ban rule. Completely unnecessary and if someone actually does it then they're pretty weak to end it all by taking the advice of someone on Minecraft.
A warn or a kick would be sufficient unless they're spamming it, which is obviously against the rules anyway.

1st one: I agree, mods shouldn't punish on scrim servers unless someone is attacking someone to a ridiculous extent. I can see how mods would punish someone for severely bullying/harassing someone and it would be very obvious if this was the case.

2nd: I don't know how many times I have to say it. There is a difference between being pissed over dying in online lego - "Fuck you you camping shit, you've killed me 5 times, kys" and someone actually trying to bully someone. I understand that it would be terrible if someone self-harmed over mineman, but come on, its the internet... If you can't handle big words coming at you, go play a game where the chat is blocked out so the 10 year olds don't get off the computer and tell mummy and daddy that how to say fuck off was what they learnt today.

3rd: Admittedly the wording of some policies could be done better, but leaking is pretty black and white IMO

BoldAndBrash   Senior Moderator   Referee   Translator   Emerald
January 6, 2017 at 3:52 AM 1 replies Reply
  Replied to v3_OLIVER's post from January 6, 2017 at 3:09 AM
I don't know what you guys have been seeing, but mods are supposed to kick for first offense if someone says "Kys" in chat. We only punish more severely if they come back and do it again, or if it's a more "colorful" message, like "cut your wrists you bitch" or something along those lines.

LFT   Senior Moderator   Official   Gold   Tournament Champion
January 6, 2017 at 3:53 AM 1 replies Reply
1st point: Agree

2nd point: Agree

3rd Point: Leaking is pretty much crystal clear, leaking information = demotion and in SOME cases (depending on what it is) a ban.

January 6, 2017 at 3:55 AM 0 replies Reply
  Replied to LFT's post from January 6, 2017 at 3:53 AM
Actually, the leaking punishments are way out of line. I'll explain it over slack.

January 6, 2017 at 4:12 AM 2 replies Reply
Section A, #8
"In many instances we would highly encourage you to email [email protected] with details regarding the potential server exploit."

- Replace "email [email protected]" with a link to the GitHub. We don't report bugs to support. :P

Also, something
 you might want to add to the rules is "Staff members reserve the right to punish a user if they believe the user is negatively impacting the community."

This would foil any ideas of finding loopholes in the rules.

+1 on the first one

So as a team leader and ex media (LOL) you are actively encouraging suicide on Avicus? Really disappointing to see as you're trying to get back media rank.

Replied to AutoTool's post from January 6, 2017 at 8:45 AM
But it's stupid that people get punished by saying this otherwise harmless message in chat. If someone is actually that stupidly sensitive that they get turned off by a message in an online block game, I'm sorry, but they need help, big time.

Replied to benaye's post from January 6, 2017 at 9:27 AM
Do you think depression and anxiety is a joke Ben? Because it's not funny. Don't you want Avicus to be a safe place for all? I'm not really surprised you would take such a stance since you already have many punishments surrounding toxicity, suicide encouragement, homophobia and being extremely disrespectful. Seems to me like you don't mind oppressing the minorities.

Replied to AutoTool's post from January 6, 2017 at 8:45 AM
He's not actively encouraging suicide. Lol. Read his post again

@dev_revs:

1) Agree
2) Disagree
3) Agree

First: Completely agree, it is so dumb, mostly when mods join just to spectate and end up telling all of us to be quiet.

Second: I think it should be 2 kicks and then a temporary ban.

Third: If a person leaks stuff, then he definitely should be demoted and maybe even banned because if a staff member was willing to leak things then he probably doesn't care much about Avicus.

Add rule about team sweatching to paragraph B.
Add blockspamming on your team side to griefing (B.2).
Add stealing objectives to stealing (B.2).
Eleborate rule B.6
Eleborate on "will result in a punishment". If it is public info, players have right to know their possible punishments. Cause sometimes mods abuse punishment system and break the order "warn - kick - ban", and players don't even know that.
Add rule about screenshare.

there is no rule against excessive caps as far as i know lol

Replied to ImRaging's post from January 6, 2017 at 7:20 PM

scrum servers should be a lot more lenient, kys should be allowed get over it, who cares about leaking lmao

You must be logged in to create discussions and replies.