Avicus Archive

Poll: Regarding the next tournament by PokerFace October 18, 2017 at 9:10 PM UTC

Question: Would you be ok with a 5v5 TDM tournament?
My reasoning for having it as a 5v5 is because if it were to be a regular sized tournament, there would probably be only 6 teams (from Avicus) who would be able to meet the registration requirements. If it were a 5v5, this would give smaller teams the opportunity to play, make it easier for people to create teams, and the big teams can split into multiple teams. Would you rather have a small tournament with lots of teams or a big tournament with a lower amount of teams? We will have the maps edited to suit a 5v5 so after all of this, if you still disagree with the decision, leave your vote and a detailed response as to why. Please keep in mind that we will still have 8v8 for the next tournament. This tournament is to mainly be used as an extra tournament and an incentive for smaller teams to develop while still giving everyone a competitive environment. 

When voting, please include the letter of your choice in your response. Submit your vote through a forum response.

dev_revs October 18, 2017 at 9:10 PM UTC

No, I would like an 7v7/8v8 TDM tournament.

Nachooo_ October 18, 2017 at 9:10 PM UTC

No

poofywoo October 18, 2017 at 9:10 PM UTC

Depends.

i like the idea of more teams, but 8v8 offer better gameplay.

make the tm not at 12 pm est

KojaCola October 18, 2017 at 9:10 PM UTC

B

I feel like 7v7 could work, but not 5v5. 5v5 is just too small for DTM and it would be really hard for maps to be optimized for that reason.

AtditC October 18, 2017 at 9:10 PM UTC

B) No. 7v7 or 8v8. Preferably 8v8.

ytilauxesomoh October 18, 2017 at 9:10 PM UTC

A.

profbananaslug October 18, 2017 at 10:10 PM UTC

B) No (list reasoning)

Acceqted October 18, 2017 at 11:10 PM UTC

A. More teams

Acceqted October 18, 2017 at 11:10 PM UTC

B

I feel like 7v7 could work, but not 5v5. 5v5 is just too small for DTM and it would be really hard for maps to be optimized for that reason.
i think he said TDM

ProfessorUtonium October 18, 2017 at 11:10 PM UTC

B

cause we were told it was DTM/C???

_Nathy October 18, 2017 at 11:10 PM UTC

No because to have a 5v5 tournament you need at least 10 players

KojaCola October 18, 2017 at 11:10 PM UTC

i think he said TDM
I said DTM because the community poll said DTM.

vladthegreat100 October 19, 2017 at 12:10 AM UTC

Yes.
As you stated, only a few select Avicus teams can actually meet the requirements of 8v8.
What would be best to include as much of the community would be to have it 5v5 atm. 
As you said, it would allow smaller teams to participate as well as split bigger teams up, thus creating more teams & a broader range of selections for newcomers to the community.
Having it an 8v8 will only restrict the amount of players from the community that we include and only condense the amount of teams and diversity of play styles in the community.

Because lets be honest, these new teams won't allow just anybody to join their team, and nor will they actually play every person they have on their team.
If you want to only please a select few, then 8v8 is the way to go, but to actually please the whole community and get them involved, a 5v5 would be 100% the better choice.

zicuri October 19, 2017 at 2:10 AM UTC

Yes
Stop listening to poor reasonings, doing this 5v5 tournament you allow competitive teams (serious, good, decent) to come to Avicus, I don't dislike the idea but I completely hate how you guys say ''We are working on something'' for soo long expecting hype or ''Yeah finally something'' and then you do nothing for example maps sadly Fouled is the only one capable to actually fix some maps for a 5v5 competition, DTM is something I hate just because the gameplay is completely trash but I guess some people from here like it so you should give them it. (Sorry if english is not good enough to understand, feel free to reply with questions)

Diabolicx October 19, 2017 at 3:10 AM UTC

A

This is an extra tournament as you called it, and 5v5 makes room for more teams, and it'll allow newer teams to form up more easily.

Patrikano October 19, 2017 at 5:10 AM UTC

B

More teams won’t necessarily result into a better tournament, and the chances of a team no-showing are just as likely in 5v5’s as they are in 8v8’s since the team roster sizes would shrink as well.

Stick to 7v7/8v8 and instead make a mini tournament that would have 5v5 roster sizes.

Sweedie October 19, 2017 at 5:10 AM UTC

+1 to Vlad
Make next one bigger

Lokigh October 19, 2017 at 9:10 AM UTC

A) Yes

-Try out 5v5 for next tourney and see how it goes, can always be changed in the future

-The more teams we have the more fun it will be, 5v5 enables us to actually get a decent amount of teams entered

-5v5 means there are less dominant teams, the games will be closer and more intense. In previous tourneys some teams had no chance of beating other teams because there were too many better players on the other team, if there are only 5 players a team it gives less known players a chance to do well.

zicuri October 19, 2017 at 12:10 PM UTC

A) Yes

-Try out 5v5 for next tourney and see how it goes, can always be changed in the future

-The more teams we have the more fun it will be, 5v5 enables us to actually get a decent amount of teams entered

-5v5 means there are less dominant teams, the games will be closer and more intense. In previous tourneys some teams had no chance of beating other teams because there were too many better players on the other team, if there are only 5 players a team it gives less known players a chance to do well.

Seems like horizon

Lokigh October 19, 2017 at 1:10 PM UTC

Seems like horizon
 'In previous tourneys some teams had no chance of beating other teams because there were too many better players on the other team'

When I was writing this I was actually thinking about that Horizon vs Xenarch CTF game lmao 

Bleeple October 19, 2017 at 1:10 PM UTC

B, dev_revs told me that If I don't vote B, he will kick me.

dev_revs October 19, 2017 at 1:10 PM UTC

B, dev_revs told me that If I don't vote B, he will kick me.
it’s true

Hivu October 19, 2017 at 3:10 PM UTC

A. 5v5 is better because smaller teams can play without getting last minute players. 

I think the map dev team should host a 5v5 competitive map competition. There are so many good map makers out there.

Matilaina October 19, 2017 at 5:10 PM UTC

No, this isn't badlion keep ur style and try grow it up

BmB October 19, 2017 at 5:10 PM UTC

Nope, Avicus TDM is pathetic

KomodoLord1 October 19, 2017 at 11:10 PM UTC

'In previous tourneys some teams had no chance of beating other teams because there were too many better players on the other team'

When I was writing this I was actually thinking about that Horizon vs Xenarch CTF game lmao 
Are you saying xenarch was bad...

You are COMPLETELY RIGHT 
make this 5v5. Ting work

zicuri October 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM UTC

Btw, if you want your server to grow up and become important or playable at least forget about 8v8's pointless for top teams to play them ;)

Remember what you want is a competitive community, not a lot of friends doing a team of 9 to participate once and then leave it for other teams, you want teams to stay so you can't do 5v5 and then 8v8, you got to choose what you want Avicus to be so this is not that easy to go and make a poll

minertedtoad October 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM UTC

B

I agree

dev_revs October 20, 2017 at 3:10 PM UTC

Btw, if you want your server to grow up and become important or playable at least forget about 8v8's pointless for top teams to play them ;)

Remember what you want is a competitive community, not a lot of friends doing a team of 9 to participate once and then leave it for other teams, you want teams to stay so you can't do 5v5 and then 8v8, you got to choose what you want Avicus to be so this is not that easy to go and make a poll
If i understand you correctly, I kinda agree with you. But avicus needs to stay 8v8 because that's the community we have here, you cannot just drop down to 5v5 because you need more teams, got to get creative with it.

zicuri October 21, 2017 at 1:10 AM UTC

If i understand you correctly, I kinda agree with you. But avicus needs to stay 8v8 because that's the community we have here, you cannot just drop down to 5v5 because you need more teams, got to get creative with it.
I understand what you mean but 8v8's are gone, you can't compete against ESL and Badlion either adjust your server to it or limit your competitive scene to low signups, no prize pool,  no practice for teams, so pointless to play

Bleeple October 21, 2017 at 6:10 AM UTC

5v5 ctw please
i know new maps are needed but please

dev_revs October 21, 2017 at 4:10 PM UTC

I understand what you mean but 8v8's are gone, you can't compete against ESL and Badlion either adjust your server to it or limit your competitive scene to low signups, no prize pool,  no practice for teams, so pointless to play
You mean badlions ESL 67 teams ctw tournament> 20 team ctw tournament 4 months later?

LFT October 21, 2017 at 4:10 PM UTC

You mean badlions ESL 67 teams ctw tournament> 20 team ctw tournament 4 months later?
Still double/triple the amount of teams of most 8v8 tms on avicus.

zicuri October 21, 2017 at 4:10 PM UTC

Give this guy Official

zSwagger October 23, 2017 at 12:10 AM UTC

A
I think 5v5 tdm with good maps would be a great idea. But with GOOD MAPS PLEASE

tomqss October 23, 2017 at 2:10 AM UTC

a