Avicus Archive

Avicus Competitive Community. by NovaLikesPvP March 27, 2016 at 1:03 AM UTC

Uhm, after watching Zegita' s post, I get the "inspiration" to give some suggestions, so here w' go.

We know, When a tournament is annunciated Avicus gets x2 or x3 more users than normal, But why? Because Competitive is what most people want.

How to get more people then?

-Advertise Avicus "públic" players about Competitive aspect, Broadcast messages like Walls tournament.
-Officials give more information about tournaments, give some new oficial information each week so the interest of the tournament will Increase, and not loose. (Example)
-Advertise Tournaments on Other PvP communities.
-Work on more TM maps and not on public ones, many people complain of the lack of variety & gameplay of most Avicus maps.
-Better Prizes.. ( As Walls TM )
-Experienced Refs for Officials Events.
-Practice servers for teams that Register on tournaments ( Just the ones that really want them )

Hope this can be helpfull.
Ciya

SamuelJacob9 March 27, 2016 at 1:03 AM UTC

I want Avicus more popular!! :D

NovaLikesPvP March 27, 2016 at 1:03 AM UTC

I want Avicus more popular!! :D
Every1 want that, little boy

SamuelJacob9 March 27, 2016 at 1:03 AM UTC

Every1 want that, little boy
mhm

Numberz_ March 27, 2016 at 2:03 AM UTC

Avicus needs more Novabeans.

NovaLikesPvP March 27, 2016 at 2:03 AM UTC

Avicus needs more Novabeans.
Theyre healthy.

Tazz March 27, 2016 at 2:03 AM UTC

1. I will push this to kylo.
  2. Possibility, but technically that's just announcing the tournament and that takes away the hype of the official big announcement post. But we kind of did this with the roster sizes post last week.
  3. How to do this without getting banned?
  4. We have asked the community for TDM maps.
  5. Kylo.
  6. You get experience by refereeing official events.
  7. There is scrim servers.
Thanks for the suggestions nova, most will be discussed :)

2. Possibility, but technically that's just announcing the tournament and that takes away the hype of the official big announcement post. But we kind of did this with the roster sizes post last week.
  5. Kylo.
4 scrimservers, 2 offline, Thats cool..

Smith_Titan March 27, 2016 at 2:03 AM UTC

ZEGITA EL MEJOR RUSHER HISPANOHABLANTE?¿?¿?¿

Centralking March 27, 2016 at 2:03 AM UTC

As stated in my thread, you should add to your list, organization.

This means that devs should notify us two to three hours beforehand of when the servers are going to be down so we could plan our time accordingly and not waste it.

I hope my concern will be heard among devs and staff. 

Yes, I agree with Nova's points to make Avicus a much stronger, professional and encouraging community. Competitiveness and organization works well in pairs if done correctly by our staff to bring many new players into our community.

As stated in my thread, you should add to your list, organization.

This means that devs should notify us two to three hours beforehand of when the servers are going to be down so we could plan our time accordingly and not waste it.

I hope my concern will be heard among devs and staff. 

Yes, I agree with Nova's points to make Avicus a much stronger, professional and encouraging community. Competitiveness and organization works well in pairs if done correctly by our staff to bring many new players into our community.
+777

PosteGamer March 27, 2016 at 3:03 AM UTC

The mostly of the points that you said are simular like the Zegita's points. But im going to give  my opinión about everyone of the points:

-Its a good idea, with this the members of the Avicus community that dont play the competitive can know more about the TM.

- Im not agree with this idea, because the Official prefer do a post w/ all the information.

- Like Tazz said, is imposible do it without ban you from this server for spam.

- I gave my opinion of this idea in the Zegita's post: If the Builders/ Map Devs just do maps for the publics rotation when its the time to do a TM the users critizice the maps cuz all the maps on Avicus are for the publics, lastly more users than Bloodoh-PokerFace- Tomqss were doing more TMs maps than the MapDevs.

- Its a good idea, cuz the prizes of the others tourneys were so poor.

- If you want have experiencia refs & officials they first should refering officials events.

-Avicus has privates scrims servers, now its has bugs but the staff is working in this.

Bloodoh March 27, 2016 at 3:03 AM UTC

Nova , con la tercera te fuiste al carajo , esto no es minehard xd

NovaLikesPvP March 27, 2016 at 3:03 AM UTC

Nova , con la tercera te fuiste al carajo , esto no es minehard xd
No ayudas komboide

DaFrozenBlaze March 27, 2016 at 3:03 AM UTC

This is the same as Zegita's post

NovaLikesPvP March 27, 2016 at 3:03 AM UTC

This is the same as Zegita's post
METETE TU COMENTARIO EN EL ESCROTO

Bloodoh March 27, 2016 at 3:03 AM UTC

METETE TU COMENTARIO EN EL ESCROTO
Ahi se ve un soba mod en minehard que intenta de una manera "insultar" al pobre usuario que hizo un comentario

Jahaj March 27, 2016 at 5:03 AM UTC

Actually Seth, Sli, me, and a few others were working on a map earlier today. If the community pitches in too we will definitely have improved maps by the next tournament.

Legoche March 27, 2016 at 8:03 AM UTC

Fix bugs
get better officials who aren't in teams
make game modes less stale

Crimson_Aught March 27, 2016 at 8:03 AM UTC

Do tournaments every day :D
Maybe it will help (no)

Spoookeh March 27, 2016 at 9:03 AM UTC

+100000

The officials need to give constant updates to the community to keep them hyped.

Tazz March 27, 2016 at 10:03 AM UTC

4 scrimservers, 2 offline, Thats cool..
Officials have nothing to do with that. Developers are aware and I don't know why they aren't fixed.

Crimson_Aught March 27, 2016 at 11:03 AM UTC

Officials have nothing to do with that. Developers are aware and I don't know why they aren't fixed.
*Whispering* They are slothsssss ;P

steven5703 March 27, 2016 at 4:03 PM UTC

5. Kylo.
I dont think he means pvp servers, i think he means pvp communities such as reddit.

NovaLikesPvP March 27, 2016 at 10:03 PM UTC

+100000

The officials need to give constant updates to the community to keep them hyped.
+777