Avicus Archive

Streaming for Invitationals | Discussion by Spoookeh July 7, 2016 at 6:07 PM UTC

Hey there!

We'd like the streams for the invitationals to be as professional and as high quality as possible so we'd like as much feedback from you, the community, as possible.

Firstly we'd like to ask your opinions on what channel we should be streaming on. Would you prefer streams of  ALL the matches on multiple channels or one main streamer on AvicusOfficial (https://www.twitch.tv/officialavicus) allowing more viewers to engage with one stream?

AbusiveUser has also generously created a new overlay to use (http://imgur.com/a/J9DZK). If you'd like any improvements to be made to this including team logos we'd be happy to make adjustments. 

This might come across as fairly controversial but we have been discussing the use of mods such as enlarged nametags and damage indicators to give viewers a better idea of what is happening in the match. Personally I would love to see this in team fights, checking the player's HP and guessing who might come out on top. I understand the argument "If media are using it why can't we?" might pop up but it's not like streamers will be allowed to go in-game and play with these modifications enabled. 

Feel free to discuss the points made below and anything else you might have to help us improve the streaming quality.

See you in the invitationals! ;P

Hola July 7, 2016 at 7:07 PM UTC

Please visit team rooms before matches and do something like team interviews: Things like how do they think the match will turn out, what maps do they think they'll do well on, thoughts on their opponents etc.

PosteGamer July 7, 2016 at 7:07 PM UTC

I think that if just are 1 stream per match is better than if are 2 or 3 medias streaming the same match, because you if are 2 or 3 medias for match the players can get confused. Also, i like so much the new overlay the old one was horrible IMO.

LFT July 7, 2016 at 7:07 PM UTC

Please visit team rooms before matches and do something like team interviews: Things like how do they think the match will turn out, what maps do they think they'll do well on, thoughts on their opponents etc.
Did that during week 1, only downside was that teams would be scream,yell and try to act funny.

Numberz_ July 7, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

Falcon and Budha plox

Hola July 7, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

Did that during week 1, only downside was that teams would be scream,yell and try to act funny.
Only interview the non autistic teams then cx

Loo July 7, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

Only interview the non autistic teams then cx
"non autistic" "avicus"

???

Hola July 7, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

"non autistic" "avicus"

???
well I mean we have maybe 2 or 3 non autistic players I think some other teams might have a few as well

edit: autism

JDKL July 7, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

Move in team channels before the end of a match. Nice to hear the excitement!

LFT July 7, 2016 at 11:07 PM UTC

Move in team channels before the end of a match. Nice to hear the excitement!
If I stream the finals I'll make sure to do this :)!

Humblares July 8, 2016 at 4:07 AM UTC

We need nadastorm for the tourney! Best streamer 2014-2016

hasl July 8, 2016 at 5:07 AM UTC

I can't remember if all the invitationals are going on at the same time, but if they are and if there's not enough media to cover all four games then hold a vote for the stream watches to decided who they'd like to watch.

Don't just commentate the whole game, move about and go into team channels.

Try to aim to stream with 2-3 commentators so there's less pressure to talk. This also lets people take a moment of the mic to gather thoughts for high quality commentating.

ImRaging July 8, 2016 at 6:07 AM UTC

Team logos would be sick

really nice overlay

one main streamer on officialavicus and then other matches on their own channels would be so much better because then people can watch whatever match they want. Also a page or forum post saying what streamers are streaming what matches would be nice if this happens

interview a key player or the lesader and have different ts identities in the two channels so you can just unmut the sound ibstead of joing team channels

mods for streamers +1

DaFrozenBlaze July 8, 2016 at 6:07 AM UTC

well I mean we have maybe 2 or 3 non autistic players I think some other teams might have a few as well

edit: autism
Autistic is a strong word. I hate how freely people use the word

Speeded July 8, 2016 at 9:07 AM UTC

Team logos would be sick

really nice overlay

one main streamer on officialavicus and then other matches on their own channels would be so much better because then people can watch whatever match they want. Also a page or forum post saying what streamers are streaming what matches would be nice if this happens

interview a key player or the lesader and have different ts identities in the two channels so you can just unmut the sound ibstead of joing team channels

mods for streamers +1
As of now only 3 teams that i know of have their own team logo

- Apollo (made by tynvale)
- Cronus (idk who made it)
- TCB (made by me)

I alrdy made logos for CBT but they have no reply/comment on whether they wanna use it or not, same goes to the rest, as for team allah, im trying to redo their logo (originally was a PPB logo of a PowerPuffBoy with lime 'PPB' on the shirt)

Hola July 8, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

Team logos would be really cool IMO.

As of now only 3 teams that i know of have their own team logo

- Apollo (made by tynvale)
- Cronus (idk who made it)
- TCB (made by me)

I alrdy made logos for CBT but they have no reply/comment on whether they wanna use it or not, same goes to the rest, as for team allah, im trying to redo their logo (originally was a PPB logo of a PowerPuffBoy with lime 'PPB' on the shirt)
Uber has a few ideas for a team logo as well but we're not sure whether or not they're usable.

ImRaging July 8, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

Also i think that the teams beed to be the same colour as the twitch overlay or it could be confusing

Hey I have a quick question about the team logos would this be usable?

ButIDK July 8, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

Heims would love it :)

Speeded July 8, 2016 at 3:07 PM UTC

Uber has a few ideas for a team logo as well but we're not sure whether or not they're usable.
Tell me your ideas and ill try work on it tmr b4 invitationals start

Hola July 8, 2016 at 3:07 PM UTC

Tell me your ideas and ill try work on it tmr b4 invitationals start
No sorry I meant that we have a few team logos that are already done but we're not sure if they're usable.

Speeded July 8, 2016 at 4:07 PM UTC

No sorry I meant that we have a few team logos that are already done but we're not sure if they're usable.
Can i see them?

Hola July 8, 2016 at 5:07 PM UTC

Can i see them?
Here are the ones we made. We're still in the process of choosing which one to go with. They would need to be resized though I believe. EDIT: This as well if we're allowed to use it

Lokigh July 8, 2016 at 6:07 PM UTC

click click mineman