Avicus Archive

Desolation Of Gamemodes [Ended] by kon333 March 13, 2017 at 11:03 PM UTC

Hello, i would like to announce our first unofficial tournament, The Desolation Of Gamemodes.

My co-hosts during this tournament are:  LythureIsBack, iwishbro, Coco_stag and poofywoo. (The Dev needs to fix tags there not working again...)

We are all new to this tournament making, however I do believe we are all excellent organizers. 

Gamemode: Each round the gamemode will change:

Round 1:   Destroy The Monument (40 minutes max)
Round 2:   Team Death Match (15 minutes max (most kills at the end wins))
Round 3:   King Of The Hill (15 minutes max (team with most controlled area wins))
Round 4:   Capture The Wool (45 minutes max (team with most touches/caps wins)
Round 5:   5cp (15 minutes max ( team with most control wins))
Round 6:   Frenzy (15 minutes max)
Round 7:   Capture The Flag (15 minutes max ( team with most captures wins))

If only a few teams sign up and there is only 2 rounds, then only round 1 and 2 gamemodes will be played. On the other hand, if 25 teams sign up and there is more than 7 rounds, the rounds will just cycle.

An extra 10-20 minutes will be given when a tie occurs.

Format: The format is a round robin, meaning every team will play each other. Due to the way the gamemodes work you may play different teams for different gamemodes. Please also bear in mind this will take up a lot of time depending on the amount of teams signing up. 

Match Information: A minimum of 6 players must be fielded, but a maximum of 8 players can be fielded, These may differ depending on gamemodes. You may switch out players if the replacing person is part of the team. A win is 3 points, a lose is 1 point and a tie if it rarely occurs will be 2 points.

Rules: You must follow all rules that apply to Avicus: https://avicus.net/rules , Official Avicus tournaments rules apply.

Apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/cxP7wYG3bOSmlgj22

Deadline for applications is 2 weeks from now, 28th of March.

Map Pool: To be Determined.

Important Dates: Will be In April 3rd-25th, Will be more exact when i get an idea of how many rounds there will be (due to team size)

If you would like to Stream/referee please contact me on discord:   Rockyyyyy#8427

Streamers:

Rockyyyyy
Zic_e

Referees:

Kojapan

Jaystre

Thank you for your time, i would love to hear feedback or question, as this is my first time doing this. Tell me if i need to add something and i will do!

Regards, Rockyyyyy.

GITHANOS3 March 13, 2017 at 11:03 PM UTC

HYPE!!!!!

dev_revs March 13, 2017 at 11:03 PM UTC

so far away..

profbananaslug March 13, 2017 at 11:03 PM UTC

J U N E

xNemoII March 13, 2017 at 11:03 PM UTC

why june and there wont be 25 teams

ApolloIsFunky March 13, 2017 at 11:03 PM UTC

hyped

zicuri March 14, 2017 at 12:03 AM UTC

Why June make an unofficial tourney is not that hard just organize your time and you will have all done by the end of March. Thank you for hosting this good luck to all that sing up

kon333 March 14, 2017 at 7:03 AM UTC

[Bump] Changed dates to April 3rd - 25th, I just wanted to give myself time to plan it all, I didn't realise how far away it was..

Lokigh March 14, 2017 at 7:03 AM UTC

[Bump] Changed dates to April 3rd - 25th, I just wanted to give myself time to plan it all, I didn't realise how far away it was..
Ok, nice! :)

kon333 March 14, 2017 at 8:03 AM UTC

[Update] Made a dealine for applications and changed point system. Check the original post to see.

Rombeyy March 14, 2017 at 8:03 AM UTC

Hype ^_^

cellish March 14, 2017 at 1:03 PM UTC

maps?

KojaCola March 14, 2017 at 1:03 PM UTC

hype!

ImTheRealBakugo March 14, 2017 at 1:03 PM UTC

maps?
We don't know yet, but we will choose some maps from avicus and we will create new ones.

Okiba March 14, 2017 at 2:03 PM UTC

this looks interesting :o

KeewiDood March 14, 2017 at 2:03 PM UTC

Can i ref it?

ApolloIsFunky March 14, 2017 at 2:03 PM UTC

Can i ref it?
You should message rocky about it, he's
the one in charge.

tomqss March 14, 2017 at 9:03 PM UTC

why 10v10

ctf should last 12 minutes per map

same for 5cp koth and tdm

ctw should last 45

kon333 March 14, 2017 at 11:03 PM UTC

why 10v10

ctf should last 12 minutes per map

same for 5cp koth and tdm

ctw should last 45
I said the team sizes will differ depending on gamemode. I will change times.

kon333 March 14, 2017 at 11:03 PM UTC

[Update] Changed maximum times.

zicuri March 14, 2017 at 11:03 PM UTC

Give me that livestreamer!

ElementalAssasin March 15, 2017 at 12:03 AM UTC

instead of having to play each and every single game mode you should just make it as a bo7 of the game modes you play since matches will most likely take forever

flyofff March 15, 2017 at 4:03 AM UTC

You should create a discord for this tourney. Everything would be more organized.

poofywoo March 15, 2017 at 5:03 AM UTC

You should create a discord for this tourney. Everything would be more organized.
we have. Will probably link when everything  is sorted out

kon333 March 15, 2017 at 7:03 AM UTC

instead of having to play each and every single game mode you should just make it as a bo7 of the game modes you play since matches will most likely take forever
We won't play each and every single gamemode, Say if there are 6 teams there will be 5 rounds. Meaning the first 5 gamemodes will be used the rest won't, hence why the most unpopular are closest to the end. Anyways yes some gamemodes will take a while but the rest will go quickly.

lgmatias March 15, 2017 at 7:03 AM UTC

I said the team sizes will differ depending on gamemode. I will change times.
Why? All the current gamemodes and maps are balanced for 8v8 so just use that.

kon333 March 15, 2017 at 7:03 AM UTC

[Update] changed team sizes, see original post. (Again guys this is our first time organising a unofficial tourney so the planning won't be great but i promise it will turn out great!)

megarafa1 March 16, 2017 at 1:03 AM UTC

*u*

KrispiClean March 16, 2017 at 6:03 AM UTC

could i maybe join the tornament

kon333 March 16, 2017 at 7:03 AM UTC

could i maybe join the tornament
You would have to be in an official team (on the forums) You have two choices, either make an lft post and hope a team needs members or is interested in having you. However you could make a team but you would have to be very quick as the apps close in a week and a few days.

dev_revs March 23, 2017 at 10:03 PM UTC

just entered team rocket.

kon333 March 23, 2017 at 10:03 PM UTC

just entered team rocket.
Cool! All needed info will be realeased as application deadline date ends. (Including map pool etc.)

kon333 March 26, 2017 at 12:03 PM UTC

[Bump] Applications deadline is on tuesday.

Murphh March 26, 2017 at 4:03 PM UTC

Yea! Just entered team HOME in this tournament!

HOME LFM for tournament!!
https://avicus.net/forums/discussions/eeefa912a

ayopiierre March 28, 2017 at 4:03 PM UTC

Map Pool?

ImTheRealBakugo March 28, 2017 at 4:03 PM UTC

Map Pool?
Wait

kon333 March 28, 2017 at 9:03 PM UTC

[Update] Team applications are now closed, there are 8 teams in total. More information will be realesed tommorow, sorry for the delay i had lots of exams today so i had no chance to write up all the needed information. It will all be on here tommorow.

gyalchester March 29, 2017 at 6:03 AM UTC

wait shouldn't this be in discord instead on teamspeak since they changed from ts to discord for tourneys?

poofywoo March 29, 2017 at 8:03 AM UTC

wait shouldn't this be in discord instead on teamspeak since they changed from ts to discord for tourneys?
I believe we are using discord for the tournament

ImTheRealBakugo March 29, 2017 at 9:03 AM UTC

We are going to use discord instead of ts. So don't worry.

Zeusy March 29, 2017 at 10:03 AM UTC

Referees:
Kojapan
Jaystre

ouch

DaFrozenBlaze March 29, 2017 at 11:03 AM UTC

hey I can help ref if needed
Too lazy to contact

kon333 March 29, 2017 at 3:03 PM UTC

hey I can help ref if needed
Too lazy to contact
Yeah that would be good! Do you have discord?

kon333 March 29, 2017 at 3:03 PM UTC

Referees:
Kojapan
Jaystre

ouch

There have more just haven't updated it yet.

kon333 March 29, 2017 at 10:03 PM UTC

[Update] 

So as i said earlier, the deadline has been reached. The following teams have signed up:
I have made a tournament bracket, the games will be as followed:    http://challonge.com/DesolationOfGamemodes

As there are 8 teams, there are 7 rounds. Meaning all posted in the original post are to be played:   DTM, TDM, KOTH, CTW, 5CP, Frenzy and CTF.

Destroy the Monument matches have now been changed to 35 minutes max.
Timezone:  BST  (Which is GMT +1 as the clocks when forward recently)

The matches will be played on scrim servers which will allow us to play any map loaded onto Avicus, as i can't be sure that they won't crash any games that are delayed due to a crash occurring will be delayed until the end of sunday. As you all want to know the unofficial tournament will  be on April 8th, 2017 starting at 16:00 BST (4pm)
It will run onto sunday, Time Table;

Saturday:

Round 1:  4pm bst 
Round 2:  6pm bst
Round 3:  8pm bst
Round 4:  10pm bst

Sunday:

Round 5: 6pm bst
Round 6: 8pm bst
Round 7: 10pm bst 

Only one game will be played of each gamemode, there will be scrim01 and scrim02 booked on every time said above so there will be 2 games played at once on different scrim servers. Then teams will swap who is playing who then the game mode will be over. In short, you will only play one match of each gamemode. Do remember there are 7 gamemodes. Of course i realise it is spanned across a long time but if matches end early the we not stick to the time table, so get it done quick and we can do it on the saturday :)

The results will be given out the following weekend. I was thinking of a prize:  The winning team gets to select a player that does not already have a donator rank on there team, who they think played particularly well. Then i will buy them a Gold or Emerald rank :)  I thought this offered it a bit more of a competitive edge rather than just knowing you won. This person is like a "Man of the Match"

All teams that have no teamspeak server, i suggest you ping an official over discord. Explaining that you need a temporary team speak channel for the tournament. 
Your team must be in an official Avicus team speak channel (Not on own discord/Skype call etc.)

Putting off the map pool further xD I would like to quickly say that a team which doesn't show up will get zero points for that game and the team they are facing will get a point.

How points are worked out:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qwABHT3KKhfRRRVrsSHx_Bg7iEdYsA3AO5OoPRbSapk/edit#gid=0

So the map pool:

Just a quick point that you need to vote on the maps you want, there can only be one for each gamemode, anyone can vote.
https://goo.gl/forms/NATTtGgKhswvHNaq1

Votes will end on sunday.

Still need referees and some media to stream would be great too!
Thanks for your time.

poofywoo March 29, 2017 at 11:03 PM UTC

[Update] 

So as i said earlier, the deadline has been reached. The following teams have signed up:
  • NewDawn
  • Apollo
  • Team Allah
  • BullDogs
  • Team Rocket
  • Sagrevyum
  • Home
  • Horizon
I have made a tournament bracket, the games will be as followed:    http://challonge.com/DesolationOfGamemodes

As there are 8 teams, there are 7 rounds. Meaning all posted in the original post are to be played:   DTM, TDM, KOTH, CTW, 5CP, Frenzy and CTF.

Destroy the Monument matches have now been changed to 35 minutes max.
Timezone:  BST  (Which is GMT +1 as the clocks when forward recently)

The matches will be played on scrim servers which will allow us to play any map loaded onto Avicus, as i can't be sure that they won't crash any games that are delayed due to a crash occurring will be delayed until the end of sunday. As you all want to know the unofficial tournament will  be on April 8th, 2017 starting at 16:00 BST (4pm)
It will run onto sunday, Time Table;

Saturday:

Round 1:  4pm bst 
Round 2:  6pm bst
Round 3:  8pm bst
Round 4:  10pm bst

Sunday:

Round 5: 6pm bst
Round 6: 8pm bst
Round 7: 10pm bst 

Only one game will be played of each gamemode, there will be scrim01 and scrim02 booked on every time said above so there will be 2 games played at once on different scrim servers. Then teams will swap who is playing who then the game mode will be over. In short, you will only play one match of each gamemode. Do remember there are 7 gamemodes. Of course i realise it is spanned across a long time but if matches end early the we not stick to the time table, so get it done quick and we can do it on the saturday :)

The results will be given out the following weekend. I was thinking of a prize:  The winning team gets to select a player that does not already have a donator rank on there team, who they think played particularly well. Then i will buy them a Gold or Emerald rank :)  I thought this offered it a bit more of a competitive edge rather than just knowing you won. This person is like a "Man of the Match"

All teams that have no teamspeak server, i suggest you ping an official over discord. Explaining that you need a temporary team speak channel for the tournament. 
Your team must be in an official Avicus team speak channel (Not on own discord/Skype call etc.)

Putting off the map pool further xD I would like to quickly say that a team which doesn't show up will get zero points for that game and the team they are facing will get a point.

How points are worked out:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qwABHT3KKhfRRRVrsSHx_Bg7iEdYsA3AO5OoPRbSapk/edit#gid=0

So the map pool:

Just a quick point that you need to vote on the maps you want, there can only be one for each gamemode, anyone can vote.
https://goo.gl/forms/NATTtGgKhswvHNaq1

Votes will end on sunday.

Still need referees and some media to stream would be great too!
Thanks for your time.
Can't we just use discord?

ayopiierre March 29, 2017 at 11:03 PM UTC

Can't we just use discord?
No because a ref would like to hear what your team is saying :) communism

tomqss March 30, 2017 at 12:03 AM UTC

they can do so in discord too

DaFrozenBlaze March 30, 2017 at 6:03 AM UTC

Yeah that would be good! Do you have discord?
I do
I'm in the Avicus discord, not sure how it works

poofywoo March 30, 2017 at 7:03 AM UTC

It's done before smoothly 

kon333 April 3, 2017 at 8:04 PM UTC

[Update]

The Map Pool!

I sent out a survey recently, from these results I have decided the Map Pool. So due to popular demand:

DTM: Senex Scrim

TDM: Actrix TE

KOTH: City Scape

CTW: Hold Fast

5CP: Fossil 5CP

Frenzy: Asylum

CTF: Wool terrace

Only one map will be played per gamemode.

If you have any question please ask below.  :)

ayopiierre April 3, 2017 at 8:04 PM UTC

If a team no shows, the team that shows up will take the W right

ImTheRealBakugo April 3, 2017 at 9:04 PM UTC

If a team no shows, the team that shows up will take the W right
Of course. But also we will wait some minutes if the team isn't prepared yet.

ImRaging April 4, 2017 at 5:04 PM UTC

I was wondering instead of doing 1 point for a win and 0 for a loss it would be better for 3 points for win 2 for draw and 1 for loss or 2 for win 1 for draw none for loss, makes a bit more sense as they are likely to be draws.

zicuri April 4, 2017 at 5:04 PM UTC

I was wondering instead of doing 1 point for a win and 0 for a loss it would be better for 3 points for win 2 for draw and 1 for loss or 2 for win 1 for draw none for loss, makes a bit more sense as they are likely to be draws.
I would love to see this in the unofficial tourney but instead of 1 to ties it would be cooler to have a tie map

kon333 April 4, 2017 at 5:04 PM UTC

On the spread sheet it says there is:
Win: 3
Tie: 2
Lose: 1

I just wanted to give points for everything to make teams that lose everything, still feel good about themselves.

ImRaging April 4, 2017 at 5:04 PM UTC

On the spread sheet it says there is:
Win: 3
Tie: 2
Lose: 1

I just wanted to give points for everything to make teams that lose everything, still feel good about themselves.
oh my bad i read somewhere it was 1 point for win 0 for loss

kon333 April 4, 2017 at 5:04 PM UTC

oh my bad i read somewhere it was 1 point for win 0 for loss
Yeah thats my fault i haven't edited the original post, you probably saw it there. Yet all the updates have been done in the comments.

Murphh April 4, 2017 at 6:04 PM UTC

kon333
What is the plan if the scrim servers are offline?
Please change 'man' to "Player of the Game". ty

kon333 April 4, 2017 at 6:04 PM UTC

kon333
What is the plan if the scrim servers are offline?
Please change 'man' to "Player of the Game". ty
Yes true xD  I think i said that games that are stopped due to scrimmage server failure will be postponed to when all other games are over.

ElementalAssasin April 4, 2017 at 11:04 PM UTC

Yes true xD  I think i said that games that are stopped due to scrimmage server failure will be postponed to when all other games are over.
recommend you choose the man of the match or player of the match or whatever it is as it can be abused pretty easily 
for the leaders to give it to someone who might not even showed up at all

kon333 April 5, 2017 at 7:04 AM UTC

recommend you choose the man of the match or player of the match or whatever it is as it can be abused pretty easily 
Yeah i see your point, thanks for the advice. I may let them pick and see if i agree or not with their choice.

zicuri April 5, 2017 at 2:04 PM UTC

Stfu I want to choose

kon333 April 5, 2017 at 2:04 PM UTC

Stfu I want to choose
You have to win first...

zicuri April 5, 2017 at 2:04 PM UTC

You have to win first...
that's obvious my man

ayopiierre April 8, 2017 at 3:04 PM UTC

Delay? Is the scheduke just pushed back by an hour?

kon333 April 8, 2017 at 3:04 PM UTC

Delay? Is the scheduke just pushed back by an hour?
Its in 45 mins, pushed back by 1 hour due to clocks going forward, one thing i didn't plan for.

ayopiierre April 8, 2017 at 4:04 PM UTC

Its in 45 mins, pushed back by 1 hour due to clocks going forward, one thing i didn't plan for.
So you planned this about a month ago and all servers are down? So that means tourney is off right.

kon333 April 16, 2017 at 4:04 PM UTC

Hey,

I would like to thanks all the teams that signed up. 

The Results: 

1st place: Horizon, Apollo and Team Allah (all managed to get the same amount of points)

2nd place: NewDawn

3rd place: HOME

4th place: Team Rocket, Sagrevyum and Bulldogs. 

The winners decided to split up the prize and not to play tie breaker. 

Thank you all for playing or helping. I will probably leave this to officials from now on xD

To the winners: Well done you should all find yourself £8.06 richer, once the money has gone through. :D

Bloodoh April 16, 2017 at 7:04 PM UTC

we can buy a life for ryan now gg