Avicus Archive

Mczone Skywars revival. by Shirokamii January 4, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

Hello there users!

Manny might not know me, or maybe you do!
Ive been with avicus since the birth, ive seen our keenan build a skywars server at the age of 14, creating one of the finest skywars server arround. but what made the Mczone skywars so great?

Well i can explain all of that.

1. easy.
 The map wasnt fancy, nor was it hard to get used to, it was a plain part of minecraft land lifted up into the air. combined with a few biomes.

2. Speed.
Due the map simplicity the gamestyle was, chaoticly fast. people had 30 seconds to choose a kit and go!

3. fun.
No one cared if you used an enderpearl and smashed into the void, Everyone did it! we used this gamemode to have some fun, try trickshots! if you failed, you just went into one of the other 15 server and try it again!

So maybe if we can recreate this feeling, our community can return to its old glory!

So, hereby i present :

Skywars 1.0 Mczones finest gamemode!

Goodnighht January 4, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

We just removed Skywars. Why would we bring it back?

dev_revs January 4, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

I remember this, and that map too. See, the newer maps, and kits..ect weren't that good, but the main problem is getting people to play it, most players only like Nebula, CTW..

Shirokamii January 4, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

The maps where not the "Skywars" Feeling.

All the old players will remember this, its nostalgia. like i said. if we might be able to recreate this fast moving pvp skywars, after that the players will come with new maps with the same feeling, creating more content for players. im sure that if the server fills up again, the word will spread.

_Lowkigh January 4, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

I remember :o

TheColdCrafter January 4, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

omg that was the best thing ever

ProfessorUtonium January 4, 2017 at 2:01 AM UTC

I was looking for this map for skywars a couple of months ago q-q

kycrafft January 4, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

If we can't get this popular again, can we turn this into a KoTH map or something? I'd hate to see it be wasted

TooSweetSki January 4, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

:O
Yessssss!!

profbananaslug January 4, 2017 at 5:01 AM UTC

yeah let's bring back skywars AGAIN! it'll work for sure this time!

AutoTool January 4, 2017 at 5:01 AM UTC

oi yeah nah

Crimson_Aught January 4, 2017 at 9:01 AM UTC

This map please.
I think, it was the first map, I've played here

ViceTechnicolour January 4, 2017 at 10:01 AM UTC

I polled to make the Sky Wars gamemode this map/variations of this map and it fell behind... the community majority voted standard FFA and it ended up failing. I don't really want to try to revive it, because we have already had failure in adding new games.

ViceTechnicolour January 4, 2017 at 10:01 AM UTC

I was looking for this map for skywars a couple of months ago q-q
I had the download from the old MCZone map repo Keenan gave me at one point, it's on my old dropbox but I forgot the email/password. I'm still missing Checkmate, though, and it seems no mapdevs have it.

DaFrozenBlaze January 4, 2017 at 10:01 AM UTC

Still looks boring anyway

Sweedie January 4, 2017 at 10:01 AM UTC

I used to love this map! I rember when sw got removed and I was searching everywhere to find something like this but everyone had just solo maps...

cellish January 4, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

Maybe because that skywars sucked... old skywars were wayyyhy better

cellish January 4, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

Like this idea

potatoarmor January 4, 2017 at 11:01 PM UTC

I would e pearl to the iron and get killed whilst making armor lol brings back too much nostalgia love it

Murphh January 5, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

Yes, please bring team skywars back! That's what I wanted all a long.  This is more fun than individual member teams.

* What is the name of this map?

*Can we play this during scrim?

kycrafft January 5, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

Yes, please bring team skywars back! That's what I wanted all a long.  This is more fun than individual member teams.

* What is the name of this map?

*Can we play this during scrim?
I don't think it's in the repo anymore :(

RATTLEWARRIOR January 5, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

OMG give everyone bhop

PieZ January 5, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

I don't think it's in the repo anymore :(
https://maps.avicus.net/atlas/MapTesting/Sky/

Legoche January 5, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

Whenever we have added new gamemodes, nobody played them.
Just look at Frenzy, Skywars and Deathmatch. All pretty much dead. It's a waste of mapdev work and we should focus on destroy and more popular gamemodes more in my opinion.

keller183 January 5, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

Whenever we have added new gamemodes, nobody played them.
Just look at Frenzy, Skywars and Deathmatch. All pretty much dead. It's a waste of mapdev work and we should focus on destroy and more popular gamemodes more in my opinion.
remove DTM and maybe people will play em, DTM is shit anyways. KOTH, CTW, CTH, and Deathmatch are much better IMO. I liked frenzy but I prefered blitz rage cuz better maps and DTC is aight I guess but ocn maps still better

Xuph January 5, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

Give me a reason why should I play skyward here when I can play on tons of other servers who focus on that e.g hypixel and get a much better experience

you got a unique game mode, focus on it. Stop focusing at all other game modes other than nebula .

BoldAndBrash January 5, 2017 at 10:01 PM UTC

Definitely better than "modern" sky wars; I didn't know how to play too well back then, but it felt very unqiue from all the other servers that had it. But sky wars was dead when we brought it back, so I don't think we should try again.

Eklip_Z January 5, 2017 at 10:01 PM UTC

Yeah I remember this, it was amazing. Only skywars I actually enjoyed.

Crimson_Aught January 6, 2017 at 10:01 AM UTC

Add this map to Deathmatch server as TDM one

Lycorais January 6, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

remove DTM and maybe people will play em, DTM is shit anyways. KOTH, CTW, CTH, and Deathmatch are much better IMO. I liked frenzy but I prefered blitz rage cuz better maps and DTC is aight I guess but ocn maps still better
DTM is the only game mode that is causing Avicus to still be alive. 
Why would we delete our best game mode and not delete our game mode that is not causing people????

PieZ January 6, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

Add this map to Deathmatch server as TDM one
Fouled said he would work on it. If it were up to me. No.

keller183 January 6, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

DTM is the only game mode that is causing Avicus to still be alive. 
Why would we delete our best game mode and not delete our game mode that is not causing people????
IMO the way they should do it would be like DTM, DTC, CTW one rot, Deathmatch, nexus, CTH, KOTH, CTF on one rot. And mix shouldn't be just CTF CTW and DTM, add some Deathmatch or KOTH maps as well. I myself am not the biggest fan of DTM and would like to play something besides it, I have like 700+ something mons across my accounts and don't even care to go for them anymore I just wait for people to come to my side so I can fight em (I haven't seen any KOTH maps on yet but from what I remember it was said that KOTH would be added, still waiting on that).

piratewithgun January 7, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

this was so fun