Avicus Archive

Battle of Eternity - Official Ruleset by Cyclops May 15, 2016 at 5:05 PM UTC

Rule Set|Battle of Eternity  

Updated: May 15th, 2016

Use of illegal modifications (avicus.net/rules page does apply for this section):

• Hacking:

• ILLEGAL MODIFICATIONS:

• Killaura/Trigger Bot/ Aimbot etc.

• First Offense → Player disqualified, Player permanent banned on ALL Avicus services, match loss for all matches that there is evidence of the player using the client modification.

• Second Offense → Player permanent banned on ALL Avicus services, team disqualified & blacklisted.

• X-RAY/Player Radar

• First Offense → Player disqualified, Player temporarily banned on ALL Avicus services, match loss for all matches that there is evidence of the player using the client modification.

• Second Offense → Player temporarily banned on ALL Avicus services, team disqualified & blacklisted.

• Fly/Speed

• First Offense → Player disqualified, Player permanent banned on ALL Avicus services, match loss for all matches that there is evidence of the player using the client modification.

• Second Offense → Player permanent banned on ALL Avicus services, Team disqualified & blacklisted.

• Inventory sorting mods (AutoArmor, AutoEquipt)

• Second Offense → Player permanent banned on ALL Avicus services, team disqualified & blacklisted.

• PLAYER visibility improvements (bigger nametags)

• Autoclicker

• Ban Evasion

• First Offense → Team disqualified and blacklisted forever. Player permanent banned on ALL Avicus services, blacklisted for ever. No Chance of appeal.

• LEGAL MODIFICATIONS

• AutoSprint (BetterSprint, ToggleSprint)

• Optifine

• Rei’s minimap

• Gamma bright

• People can be screenshared by an official.

Point System: Their values

• Scenarios

• Each kill is a singles  e point.

• Suicides (falling into the void, jumping into lava, etc…) will cause a single point loss.

Individual/team behaviour:

• Chat offenses.

• All chat related rules apply.

• Do not harass, mock, boast or make an attempt to upset other teams.

• Approached by an Official

• First offense → verbal warn

• Second offense → Individual disqualification & punishment according to severity

• Third offense → Team disqualification & blacklistings

• It is up to the leader of each team to ensure that their team is under control, additionally, leaders are ultimately responsible for their teammates action/s.

• This rule applies to other communication programs such as TS, Skype and Slack.

• It’s OK if it’s within the team’s communication group

• It is highly encouraged that you say “good game” at the end of a match; be a good sports.

• Do not fight with any of the officials or referees.

• Decisions made by the Officials are FINAL.

• Do not harass or make an attempt to upset any of the tournament staff.

• If you are seen upsetting tournament staff you may be punished.

• First offense → verbal warn

• Second offense → Individual disqualification & punishment according to severity

• Third offense → Team disqualification & blacklistings

• You have the right to calmly approach the Officials with respect if you have any objections regarding a decision made.

• We will not tolerate verbal attacks of any types.

• You’re not permitted to watch a stream if you’re team is playing. ThIs will result in a blacklist for the player(s) involved, and for your team to lose the match, not the round.

Matches:

• Be ready for all your matches.

• We will not wait for you.

• Maximum 10 minute waiting period after the scheduled time

• Do not register if you cannot make the match dates

• Same goes for teams; do not register for the tournament if your members cannot make the dates.

• Automatic forfeit and default win for the opposing team if you fail to show up.

Team management:

• In the event of a no-show, your team will be disqualified and blacklisted for 1 event.

• All members participating must be present in Teamspeak, 30 minutes prior to their assigned time.

• Substitutes are not allowed to join their team’s channel

• Substitutes who have tuned into livestreams are not allowed to play.

• Substitutes are defined as players registered for a certain team, however they are non-fielded players. You can only be a substitute for your registered team.

• At least one member in any team must speak english

• Ability to completely understand english.

• Name changing and tag switching of teams during the tournament is not allowed.

• First Offense → Verbal Warning

• Second Offense → Team Disqualification

• No roster changes after the 22nd of May at 4pm BST

Teamspeak:

• You are strictly limited to entering your team’s channel and that channel only.

• During the event, if you are caught switching teamspeak channels your team will be disqualified.

• Team leaders will be given teamspeak keys (passwords) which are only to be shared with your team. These keys are used to access your team's channel.

• Referees and Officials are permitted to join team channels under strict guidelines.

• During tournament matches, teams must use the Avicus teamspeak to communicate, no other communication devices will be allowed.

• Do not disrupt other team channels, this will result in a teamspeak punishment and an individual disqualification.

• All Teamspeak rules apply.  

• All team chats are 18+ rated.

Team requirements:

• 10 players minimum - 16 players maximum registered.

• 6 players minimum - 8 players maximum on the field at once.

• Officials will not cater for teams short of players.

• If a team drops below the minimum, they will be discharged.

• Discharged teams may be replaced accordingly.

• As soon as registration closes, teams may not edit their registration information.

• You may only register one team (competitive teams only. Build and joke teams will be deleted).

• You may only have one account on team you’re playing with. Any alternatives accounts in the same or different team(s) that are participating in the tournament will be removed. You will also be ejected from the team you plan to play with.

• Using alternative accounts to reach the minimum player count during registration is not permitted. Your team will be denied instantly.

• Team switching

• Completely illegal

• Comprises of members of a disqualified team/s to switch into advancing team/s

• Going onto alternate accounts and faking identity is strictly prohibited

• First offense → Immediate individual blacklist from future tournaments

• Second offense → Team disqualification & blacklist

Miscellaneous:

• Rule B.2 and B.5 will be disregarded during the tournament.

• Other rules apply.

• Match may be abandoned if:

• Event services are experiencing technical difficulties and is impacting the tournament gameplay.

• An individual or team has been disqualified.

• Voided matches may be replayed or considered a tie upon the Head Referee’s judgement.

Zegita May 15, 2016 at 6:05 PM UTC

this is pretty good stuff keep it up officials.

hasl May 15, 2016 at 6:05 PM UTC

"Fight for Eternity" first line.

Nice work guys, great job!

JDKL May 15, 2016 at 6:05 PM UTC

Really good job x)

LFT May 15, 2016 at 6:05 PM UTC

Good job, thanks Robo!

PosteGamer May 15, 2016 at 6:05 PM UTC

neato, good job!

ImNotYourTiger May 15, 2016 at 6:05 PM UTC

Nice

Tazz May 15, 2016 at 6:05 PM UTC

"Fight for Eternity" first line.

Nice work guys, great job!
Fixed, ty

ImRaging May 15, 2016 at 6:05 PM UTC

sticky pls

Crimson_Aught May 15, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

they are bigger and bigger

DaFrozenBlaze May 15, 2016 at 11:05 PM UTC

You're not permitted to watch a stream if your team is playing
Why?

Numberz_ May 16, 2016 at 11:05 AM UTC

You're not permitted to watch a stream if your team is playing
Why?
If you're playing in the match you can't stream snipe (use the stream to give your team a better advantage). Even though most streams have delays players can still use it to view the opponent's defence. I don't really see the issue if you aren't in the TS chat.

@OP: This list seems kind of confusing to me. But thanks for actually making a detailed description for the punishments.

DaFrozenBlaze May 16, 2016 at 11:05 AM UTC

If you're playing in the match you can't stream snipe (use the stream to give your team a better advantage). Even though most streams have delays players can still use it to view the opponent's defence. I don't really see the issue if you aren't in the TS chat.

@OP: This list seems kind of confusing to me. But thanks for actually making a detailed description for the punishments.
It's TDM though, streams won't help much if they do

Glesmon May 16, 2016 at 12:05 PM UTC

Some player could figure out a way to use a stream to their advantage. It's just better if you can't just watch the streams in my opinion

Numberz_ May 16, 2016 at 12:05 PM UTC

Oh, I didn't know it was only tdm xD

Myv May 16, 2016 at 5:05 PM UTC

We have to use TS? ffs

Robin_DD_J May 16, 2016 at 6:05 PM UTC

Are Dat boi memes allowed

Riilo May 16, 2016 at 9:05 PM UTC

We have to use TS? ffs
Yes, its not that hard to use.

snsxc May 16, 2016 at 9:05 PM UTC

Can i use labymod?

PosteGamer May 16, 2016 at 10:05 PM UTC

Can i use labymod?
I think that you can but wait for a Official answer.

Sevoo May 16, 2016 at 10:05 PM UTC

Couple of questions.

Is LabyMod allowed?

Also, a modification which is almost the same as Rei's minimap is an option to download with LabyMod, it's called Xaero's minimap.

DaFrozenBlaze May 16, 2016 at 10:05 PM UTC

Laby is allowed

Cyclops May 17, 2016 at 2:05 AM UTC

LabyMod is allowed.
Although, as to Xaero's Minimap, I'm gonna have to give that a big no-no due to the fact that you can toggle player display on this.

Cyclops May 18, 2016 at 4:05 PM UTC

Rule Change (Team Requirements) Underlined = New You may only have one account on team you’re playing with. Any alternatives accounts in the same or different team(s) that are participating in the tournament will be removed. You will also be ejected from the team you plan to play with.

c4ooo May 18, 2016 at 7:05 PM UTC

I believe this rule is flawed:
"During tournament matches, teams must use the Avicus teamspeak to communicate, no other communication devices will be allowed."
One (unlikely) example: two people are in the same team and are sitting in the same room. This rule means that the two people can only communicate through teamspeak, despite them being in the same room. 
More likely example scenario: MC chat. Does this mean teams cant talk to each other in MC chat?

Cyclops May 18, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

I believe this rule is flawed:
"During tournament matches, teams must use the Avicus teamspeak to communicate, no other communication devices will be allowed."
One (unlikely) example: two people are in the same team and are sitting in the same room. This rule means that the two people can only communicate through teamspeak, despite them being in the same room. 
More likely example scenario: MC chat. Does this mean teams cant talk to each other in MC chat?
I think you're overthinking it a little.
With this rule, we mean vocal communication.
Obviously you would be allowed to use team chat :P

c4ooo May 18, 2016 at 10:05 PM UTC

Ohh haha. It would be nice however if we could use something other then teamspeak ;)

lgmatias May 20, 2016 at 3:05 AM UTC

are you sure they'll be enough space in the avicus ts for every team playing at the same time to be there

PokerFace May 20, 2016 at 3:05 AM UTC

are you sure they'll be enough space in the avicus ts for every team playing at the same time to be there
LOL.

I just checked the teamspeak information and it says there is only space for 120 slots. 

You amaze me, nobody else would have thought of that.

Xuph May 20, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

LOL.

I just checked the teamspeak information and it says there is only space for 120 slots. 

no, we would. last time there was a major event (robo uhc i think) and it had a lot of people i remember ts having issues.

Tazz May 20, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

Yea, 8 teams at once x 10 players (roster size +2 subs) = 80.

DaFrozenBlaze May 20, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

LOL.

It was thought of and brought up, but what Tazz said

Wouldn't hurt to have more slots tbh

Tazz May 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

Rule Change (Hacking) Underlined = New 
  • Ban Evasion

• First Offense → Team disqualified, blacklisted forever. Player permanent banned on ALL Avicus services, blacklisted for ever. No Chance of appeal.

Crimson_Aught May 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

Rule Change (Hacking) Underlined = New 
  • X-RAY/Player Radar

• First Offense → Player disqualified, Player temporarily banned on ALL Avicus services, match loss

• Second Offense → Player temporarily banned on ALL Avicus services, team disqualified & blacklisted.

• Ban Evasion

• First Offense → Team disqualified, blacklisted forever. Player permanent banned on ALL Avicus services, blacklisted for ever. No Chance of appeal.

Temporarily??? Twice? Why not permanent?

Tazz May 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

Temporarily??? Twice? Why not permanent?
Because radar and xray is a temp ban, second offence a perm. The second offence is for another player in the team.

lgmatias May 21, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

Yea, 8 teams at once x 10 players (roster size +2 subs) = 80.
+ event staff and whatever randoms are in ts

GITHANOS3 May 30, 2016 at 11:05 PM UTC

Nice!!!

Tazz June 5, 2016 at 8:06 PM UTC

Rule Change (Hacking)