Avicus Archive

[URGENT][GET VOTIFIER] Vote For Avicus! by PokerFace June 27, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

Hello everyone,

As you know, Avicus is slowly losing players. If we vote for the server, we can make Avicus take a turn for the better. I found the link to vote for the server. You won't get any prize (unless they start this month) but, if you want to make the server better in the long run, you will help me by voting for Avicus as much as possible. If we can get 50 votes a day, we will definitely draw the attention of new players. Thanks for voting!

Voting link: http://minecraftservers.org/server/38340 The Avicus Network Minecraft server

Log:

6/30/2015- Around the time frame of 6-10pm Hawaii Standard Time, Average of 30 players increased to 50 on this day.

8/2/2015- Avicus hit over 200 players. It's been a while since numbers were this high.

FrozenSolstice June 27, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

Done!

Myworld6 June 27, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

Done. =)

MasterProX June 27, 2015 at 11:06 AM UTC

Personally, I don't think voting for the server — at this point in time — will be all that beneficial because, while you may be able to attract some newcomers, I'm not sure if they would be captivated to stay by some of the server's... "shortcomings", for instance, the lag (surprise, surprise) and the disarray of the staff team (in my opinion). These issues alone may not be enough to deter old members of the community, but they certainly don't make recruiting new players any easier... I'm saving my votes until — if and when — the server starts flourishing again.

PokerFace June 28, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

Thanks for voting guys! Overnight, we improved by 1000 ranks.

IviFetita June 28, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

Done!

Thomas_Shoe June 28, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

Thanks for voting guys! Overnight, we improved by 1000 ranks.
Shut man, nice.

OriginaI June 28, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

Done!

PokerFace June 28, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

33 votes in past 2 days, let's keep it up!

BoldAndBrash June 28, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

Done!

SnowSX3 June 28, 2015 at 12:06 PM UTC

Personally, I don't think voting for the server — at this point in time — will be all that beneficial because, while you may be able to attract some newcomers, I'm not sure if they would be captivated to stay by some of the server's... "shortcomings", for instance, the lag (surprise, surprise) and the disarray of the staff team (in my opinion). These issues alone may not be enough to deter old members of the community, but they certainly don't make recruiting new players any easier... I'm saving my votes until — if and when — the server starts flourishing again.
Voting for the server and increasing the chance of attracting more players is better than not doing anything at all and subsequently not attracting anyone.

DaFrozenBlaze June 28, 2015 at 2:06 PM UTC

Voting for the server and increasing the chance of attracting more players is better than not doing anything at all and subsequently not attracting anyone.
We should work on making new people stay on Avicus first, instead of attracting players but ending up losing them.

AstroPizza June 28, 2015 at 3:06 PM UTC

http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/the-avicus-network/vote/
http://www.minestatus.net/130660-the-avicus-network/vote
You can vote there as well if you want.

RightSide June 28, 2015 at 3:06 PM UTC

Lets vote!

NitroPlaysYT June 28, 2015 at 6:06 PM UTC

Done =)

Lets make it to number 1! xD

PokerFace June 29, 2015 at 10:06 PM UTC

We're at 71 votes now! Let's keep it up!

PokerFace June 30, 2015 at 7:06 AM UTC

Don't forget to vote!

PokerFace June 30, 2015 at 9:06 AM UTC

Added dynamic banner so that i don't have to bump this thread with new vote count all the time.

PokerFace July 1, 2015 at 4:07 AM UTC

Guys, this is important! The voting count just reset so, every vote is worth more now. Make sure to vote! Each vote is going to be worth a lot more at the beginning of each month!

I just voted and we are at rank 837 now!

SnowSX3 July 1, 2015 at 4:07 AM UTC

Guys, this is important! The voting count just reset so, every vote is worth more now. Make sure to vote! Each vote is going to be worth a lot more at the beginning of each month!

I just voted and we are at rank 837 now!
ooo, a chance to get on that leaderboard :P

ImRaging July 1, 2015 at 6:07 AM UTC

Don't you think it's funny how the people who complain about lag and a corrupt staff team, never seem to leave...

AstroPizza July 1, 2015 at 7:07 AM UTC

Yeah remember to vote now guys since it's a new month we have a real chance of getting some attention.

badgg July 1, 2015 at 7:07 AM UTC

I'm loving that the community is starting to take initiative!!

FrozenSolstice July 1, 2015 at 8:07 AM UTC

Moving up on the leaderboards!

Vobaseball12 July 1, 2015 at 8:07 PM UTC

Let's keep bumping this so it stays at the top of the forums!

jracer15 July 1, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

Nice job PokerFace, Media take notice xD

Spartemex July 2, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

Please keep voting! We brought the rank of Avicus up from the 2000s to the 200s!!

TheColdCrafter July 2, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

VOTING =D
gotta remind myself to do this everyday  c:

FrozenSolstice July 2, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

It's a sign, keep it up!

BerrySmooothie July 2, 2015 at 2:07 AM UTC

Done :D

IviFetita July 2, 2015 at 2:07 AM UTC

Don't you think it's funny how the people who complain about lag and a corrupt staff team, never seem to leave...
I wonder why do I think you're right.

TheColdCrafter July 2, 2015 at 4:07 AM UTC

264th!
Keep it going guys! :D

ProfessorUtonium July 2, 2015 at 4:07 AM UTC

We were 254 earlier!!!! We went up by 6

Puysegur July 2, 2015 at 10:07 AM UTC

Is there a way to make it mandatory for anyone who logs into the server to vote? If not, it should at least be one if the first welcome messages to appear if it isn't already

Actually, it should have a link somewhere on the forum homepage too. Otherwise it will probably be forgotten about again

ProfessorUtonium July 3, 2015 at 4:07 AM UTC

We went up (higher) 90 Ranks!

We need more votes!!

(we went from 240 to 330)

MerlinMaster July 3, 2015 at 5:07 AM UTC

Ummm?

Petlas July 3, 2015 at 5:07 AM UTC

Ummm?
it's the shark u nub

PokerFace July 3, 2015 at 8:07 AM UTC

Ummm?
Redo the Captcha xD
Or maybe it's the tennis court?

SnowSX3 July 3, 2015 at 11:07 AM UTC

Man, you miss one day of voting and the chances of getting on top of that leaderboard are gone xD

FrozenSolstice July 4, 2015 at 10:07 PM UTC

Bump, let's keep voting!

BoldAndBrash July 4, 2015 at 10:07 PM UTC

Man, you miss one day of voting and the chances of getting on top of that leaderboard are gone xD
So true xD

be right back, setting an alarm for whenever I can vote again, haha :)

PokerFace July 6, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

Keep it up guys! We're slowly dropping.

steven5703 July 6, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

Heh.

BoldAndBrash July 10, 2015 at 5:07 AM UTC

Keep voting, guys. This post will not sink ;)

Zintenka July 10, 2015 at 5:07 AM UTC

You have my vote :)

Spoookeh July 10, 2015 at 6:07 AM UTC

Guys, keep on voting! This is a real chance to get noticed

Mehrp July 10, 2015 at 6:07 AM UTC

Could we add back a system where you vote you get xp,but in this case credits? This would make new peeps more likely to vote ^-°

MangoSmoothie_ July 11, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

Could we add back a system where you vote you get xp,but in this case credits? This would make new peeps more likely to vote ^-°
+1

TheColdCrafter July 11, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

Keep voting, I noticed since a week ago or so , we started dropping! Come on guys we need to get higher! This server deserves more players and it is up to us to take initiative to vote! JUST DO IT!

BoldAndBrash July 12, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

Come on guys, keep voting! We can do more than 513!

TheColdCrafter July 26, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

*bump* KEEP VOTING GUYS :D

Petlas July 26, 2015 at 3:07 AM UTC

The best time to bump this would be at the start of next month when the vote count resets.

PokerFace July 30, 2015 at 11:07 PM UTC

Hi guys.

Good news! Voting links are currently being broadcasted in the lobby and so far, there have been 35 votes today. The new lobby messages were pushed today I believed so it definitely made a difference! Now, what if the message said "Vote for Avicus and get 50 credits!" I can easily see the number of votes rising to 100. 100 votes a day= 3,000+ votes a month. That would put us near 150th place on the mcservers.org voting page. If voting for credits could miraculously be pulled off by today, we would get a huge lead at the beginning of the month attracting even more players. Those new players that join would also contribute to the voting and I think it's safe to say we can easily be one of the Top 100 servers. It's up to the developers though whether to implement this. Right now is a vital time or else, we would have to wait for the end of August to come by to get another huge lead. Thanks for reading.

PokerFace August 3, 2015 at 9:08 PM UTC

Update:

Avicus hit 200+ (227) players just yesterday.

BoldAndBrash August 4, 2015 at 12:08 AM UTC

Update:

Avicus hit 200+ (227) players just yesterday.
That's insane! :o

Jahaj August 4, 2015 at 2:08 AM UTC

You should look at the averages on the voting website, we reached like 430 people ON AVERAGE at the peak time. We need to keep voting and bump the server up to a higher position so we can get back up there. (Or pay for advertising.)

PokerFace August 4, 2015 at 3:08 AM UTC

You should look at the averages on the voting website, we reached like 430 people ON AVERAGE at the peak time. We need to keep voting and bump the server up to a higher position so we can get back up there. (Or pay for advertising.)
That's not the amount of people on Avicus though. I'm not sure what that average represents.

Jahaj August 4, 2015 at 1:08 PM UTC

That's not the amount of people on Avicus though. I'm not sure what that average represents.
I feel like these are averages from 1/2 a year to a year ago because we hit 300 every day at that time. Or, it might average McZone into that, too.

Numberz_ September 1, 2015 at 7:09 AM UTC

Lets see if we can bring this back! c: http://minecraftservers.org/server/38340

Mehrp September 1, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Lets see if we can bring this back! c: http://minecraftservers.org/server/38340
^

Votingbots, roll out!

PokerFace September 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Lol there are still about 2 people voting everyday. Kudos to those people who are still voting. I on the other hand lost the incentive.

RIP Avicus's rank. (Unless there is Votfier)

AtditC September 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Lol there are still about 2 people voting everyday. Kudos to those people who are still voting. I on the other hand lost the incentive.

RIP Avicus's rank. (Unless there is Votfier)
jgkid aka Mathematical and I forgot to vote at one day at september :o :p

btw, you don't even vote by yourself .. confused'

PokerFace September 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

jgkid aka Mathematical and I forgot to vote at one day at september :o :p

btw, you don't even vote by yourself .. confused'
I used to, but like I said, I lost the incentive.