Avicus Archive

Unofficial Tournament by BmB September 12, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Hey, next saturday (19/09/15) me and tazz are organising an unofficial tournament for Avicus teams to compete in.

The map will be voted before each game,
i will randomise all the teams to find who they are playing.
If you lose a game you are eliminated. if you win you advance to the next bracket.
Minimum players needed 8, maximum 10.

The first game will start at 5pm BST and no games can start after 9:15 BST. Any games that still need to be played can be reschedualed.
Any team who no shows a game will be instantly dq'ed.
Any salt or abuse from any team member leads to that team member being banned from playing. If the team leader can not remove this player the team will be dq'ed.
Don't hack. If a player is caught hacking their team will be DQ'ed.
Subs are not allowed, only players in your forums roster will be permitted to play.

If you would like to referee the matches also add me on skype, please come with previous referee experience and staff is prefered so you can remove any cheaters or salties from the game.

If you are a moderator playing for a team and you believe someone on the opposite team is hacking then you can not make the decision, no matter what and how hard you try you will be bias. 

If you are the leader of a team post here and add me on skype: b.banno321 to confirm and so that you can be added to the tourney leaders chat for further organisation. 

Have fun.

Teams currently entered: 
Bad Company
Apollo
Fortissimus
Patchi
Ethernal Cross
Vincible
BerzerkV2
PowerPuff

Bracket: http://challonge.com/BarneyTazz

Tazz September 12, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

CHECK SC

DonaldMyTrump September 12, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

c u der

vladthegreat100 September 12, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

c u der
But we can't c u. So how do we "c u der"?

paqi September 12, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

add my team :D

Robin_DD_J September 12, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

add my team :D
You need more members

ProfessorUtonium September 12, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

Need refs? :^)

am here 4 u bb

DonaldMyTrump September 12, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

But we can't c u. So how do we "c u der"?
i c u. u no c me

Coco_stag September 12, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

Sure, Count vincible in

NovaLikesPvP September 13, 2015 at 1:09 AM UTC

Ethernal Cross wants to Join!

DonaldMyTrump September 13, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

Hackers aren't allowed to play
Or ban evaders >.>
Stop starting shit.

faht September 13, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

Or ban evaders >.>
That was not needed.

Numberz_ September 13, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

I'll be more than glad to ref or record if you would like.

Subscriptor September 13, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

That was not needed.
off topic: get on ts asap

Pelpelajax September 13, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

Where will you host this and what gamemode is it?

Subscriptor September 13, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

Where will you host this and what gamemode is it?
we tried to do one of these yesterday but ended up being a mega scrim because lack of teams taking part. i suppose they are going to do that in several scrim servers to save time in matches (2 matches at a time), and its goiing to be dtm/ctw.

Spoookeh September 13, 2015 at 8:09 AM UTC

I can ref and record the matches.

Pelpelajax September 13, 2015 at 8:09 AM UTC

What maps do you plan to use? In addition, please talk to me on skype, so that we can clear some things up here. Cheers! :)

Tazz September 13, 2015 at 10:09 AM UTC

What maps do you plan to use? In addition, please talk to me on skype, so that we can clear some things up here. Cheers! :)
im pming you

ByStealthMC September 13, 2015 at 5:09 PM UTC

Or ban evaders >.>
sad

Bloodoh September 13, 2015 at 5:09 PM UTC

Ethernal Cross want play it! , the ban evasers / hackers was kicked out of the team.

Ingigo September 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Enter us in. Enter Patchi.

hasl September 13, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

I'll show up! 
My tag is SMOD

Coco_stag September 13, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Isn't sad how BmB hasn't added me yet. He added Nova when I posted first. Bmb, I know you hate me but just add me and don't try avoiding me on purpose

Spoookeh September 13, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Berzerk are up for it

Tag: BZRK

paqi September 13, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

You need more members
https://oc.tc/teams/omg are there all

Robin_DD_J September 14, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

That should be good enough ._.

BmB September 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

Add them into Avicus please because the way the scrim servers work is that you can whitelist only by team, not by individuals.

Isn't sad how BmB hasn't added me yet. He added Nova when I posted first. Bmb, I know you hate me but just add me and don't try avoiding me on purpose
Isn't it sad how i simply scanned over your post unintentionally and you have to jump to this conclusion and look for consolence and attention over such a minor thing? I don't hate you and i barely knew you until yesterday; to me this just makes me think you're trying to make a scene and just looking a bit pathetic.

But yes i have added you.

Legoche September 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

Been talking to Tazz, hopefully my map will be CTW by this.

Been talking to Tazz, hopefully my map will be CTW by this.
Yes but the team's will have to vote for your map :P

Legoche September 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

Yes but the team's will have to vote for your map :P
Alright, I have 2 maps; one DTM by me and Budah, one CTW I am making (A remix of the DTM one)

We'll have to test them in a scrim when Sli has done with my YML :)

Alright, I have 2 maps; one DTM by me and Budah, one CTW I am making (A remix of the DTM one)

We'll have to test them in a scrim when Sli has done with my YML :)
Sure, but you'll have to that pretty quickly seeing as the tourney is on saturday. Robin and i are both pretty good map analysts too so we can help make a judgement.

Tazz September 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

Sure, but you'll have to that pretty quickly seeing as the tourney is on saturday. Robin and i are both pretty good map analysts too so we can help make a judgement.
and me kid it's our tourney

Tazz September 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

Need refs? :^)

am here 4 u bb
add me on skype: mrtazz4077

Ihze September 14, 2015 at 5:09 PM UTC

ppb will play

lactify September 14, 2015 at 5:09 PM UTC

Add Cronus please.

Zegita September 14, 2015 at 6:09 PM UTC

Am I allowed to sub in for a team if I'm not in one?

faht September 14, 2015 at 6:09 PM UTC

Am I allowed to sub in for a team if I'm not in one?
"Subs are not allowed, only players in your forums roster will be permitted to play."

Zegita September 14, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

sorry i didn't read the rules :(

Numberz_ September 14, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Berzerk are up for it

Tag: BZRK
Nice, signing up for things without asking the team first. gr8

Tazz September 15, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

Nice, signing up for things without asking the team first. gr8
Do you confirm?

DaFrozenBlaze September 15, 2015 at 7:09 AM UTC

Do you confirm?
Berzerk shouldn't be participating, confirm with 99 :)

PokerFace September 15, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

Hi, if 99 didn't tell you already, Berzerk and Cacalmarin are merging temporarily due to a lack of players.

Tazz September 16, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Hi, if 99 didn't tell you already, Berzerk and Cacalmarin are merging temporarily due to a lack of players.
Are you participating?

PokerFace September 16, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Are you participating?
Yes.

Add Cronus please.
Sorry, but we already have 8 teams :/

http://challonge.com/BarneyTazz

PokerFace September 16, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

LOL, not that I'm complaining, but the teams don't seem randomized. It looks like there was a general seeding and then you guys worked from there having the 1st seed vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th etc...

Tazz September 16, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

LOL, not that I'm complaining, but the teams don't seem randomized. It looks like there was a general seeding and then you guys worked from there having the 1st seed vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th etc...
Yes that is how we did it. We weren't going to do like, BC VS PPB in the first round. If you have an alternative method go ahead.

HotAndCrunch September 16, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

they haven't been randomised yet ( I was wrong :()

PokerFace September 16, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Yes that is how we did it. We weren't going to do like, BC VS PPB in the first round. If you have an alternative method go ahead.
Nahh I'm fine with it, but when the post said randomized I was thinking of something else :p

Tazz September 16, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Nahh I'm fine with it, but when the post said randomized I was thinking of something else :p
Yea I suppose so. Btw that isn't even confirmed, I just did that because I think that is most likely going to happen.

HotAndCrunch September 16, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Can you link me the seeding please (sorry I didn't see )

BmB September 16, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Yea I suppose so. Btw that isn't even confirmed, I just did that because I think that is most likely going to happen.
Wanker, i was going to randomise that shit take it down XDD But those are the teams that are competing.

Pepe_Lg07 September 17, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

c u der
Rest in Cypress : 'c FORTISSIMUS will win

Tazz September 17, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

Wanker, i was going to randomise that shit take it down XDD But those are the teams that are competing.
I can shuffle it at anytime.

pope_panda September 17, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

where is the new bracket then yo

DonaldMyTrump September 17, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

they haven't been randomised yet ( I was wrong :()
Stop being sad that we're gunna rek you :3

HotAndCrunch September 17, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Stop being sad that we're gunna rek you :3
wuh

Tazz September 17, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Update: We have decided to do a loser bracket so everyone will play at LEAST 2 matches. The losers of the First round (being ro8) will play another loser and then the final will be after that. However, this may happen on a different day due to lack of servers.

Moreover, we might test the two new maps in the losers bracket. This will be confirmed tomorrow (Friday) at about 3:30PM BST

Coco_stag September 18, 2015 at 10:09 AM UTC

I laugh so much. Our team was placed ranking 8 when no one knows our team stats. Explanation on this?

Nemi September 18, 2015 at 1:09 PM UTC

Hai

HotAndCrunch September 18, 2015 at 1:09 PM UTC

I laugh so much. Our team was placed ranking 8 when no one knows our team stats. Explanation on this?
You ate a new team and new teams lack chemistry. Also you haven't Scrimmed so we have to judge off players

Tazz September 18, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

LOL. Your a team full of Avicus regulars and you've never scrimmed before. What do you expect? Number 1?

pope_panda September 18, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

give us the bracket we want the bracket

Legoche September 18, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

give us the bracket we want the bracket
http://challonge.com/BarneyTazz

garsdef September 18, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

https://avicus.net/forums/de955cfbb?page=3#reply230170

bmb's post

Legoche September 18, 2015 at 4:09 PM UTC

ohhhh...

Ingigo September 18, 2015 at 4:09 PM UTC

Wow, we're 4th in the supposed rankings, below PPB, BC and Apollo, pretty decent considering we're a new team.

Spoookeh September 18, 2015 at 5:09 PM UTC

Wow, we're 4th in the supposed rankings, below PPB, BC and Apollo, pretty decent considering we're a new team.
'Supposed'

Ingigo September 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

'Supposed'
Yes, that's why I put "supposed" in there.

Bloodoh September 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

i think we beat many teams above us LOl

Tazz September 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

List them then?

BmB September 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Then being seeded low is good then because you can show how good you are. Just play in the tournament and have fun, stop complaining about your seeding or the bracket.

DaFrozenBlaze September 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Ok cool, Glhf.

PokerFace September 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

BmB is the bracket finalized?

Tazz September 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

BmB is the bracket finalized?
We're going to update OP soon after we discuss the final details.

Coco_stag September 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

LOL. Your a team full of Avicus regulars and you've never scrimmed before. What do you expect? Number 1?
Don't give me that cocky attitude. I never said anything about number 1. "you've never scrimmed before" What is this? I have scrimmed before so don't make up all this crap that isn't true. I just wanna say don't judge because you may get a surprise

HotAndCrunch September 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Don't give me that cocky attitude. I never said anything about number 1. "you've never scrimmed before" What is this? I have scrimmed before so don't make up all this crap that isn't true. I just wanna say don't judge because you may get a surprise
who was it against and who won?

Another thing I am confused about.... If you think we're #8 and you're #1 WHAT THE HELL. You are basically making the decision of Racing the slowest man in the world and the fastest man in the world and see who wins. 

I suggest do #7 v #8 #6 v #5  #4 v #3  #2v#1

Spoookeh September 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Can everyone chill out? This is only a friendly tournament that everyone can compete in to have fun.

who was it against and who won?
Cacal and it was a tie. We won twice and obviously they won twice

steven5703 September 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

just accept their decision... this is their tourney and you should be great full that they let you join

Tazz September 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Another thing I am confused about.... If you think we're #8 and you're #1 WHAT THE HELL. You are basically making the decision of Racing the slowest man in the world and the fastest man in the world and see who wins. 

I suggest do #7 v #8 #6 v #5  #4 v #3  #2v#1
LOL.

Please tell me why we would put the best two teams against eachother in the first round?

If you can give a surprise, give us a surprise. No team in this tournament has scrimmed you before.

BoldAndBrash September 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Why do you care so much about a stupid ranking..? Just win all your matches if you think you're that good and prove to everyone that you're what you say you are. The rankings in my opinion are actually really accurate, although the I think the top 3 would be a bit different IMO. :p

JustBudah September 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Rilo, if you actully care this much about your teams rating, prove them that they are wrong by winning.

Bloodoh September 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Yes! +1 vote

_Nathy September 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

I don't see a problem with the rankings.

the only question mark would be over patchi, cuz they're new. But they've been judged by their roster, they could play total shit on the day or they could whoop everyone, so we don't have much to go off for them atm

_Nathy September 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Cacal and it was a tie. We won twice and obviously they won twice
When was this?

Zegita September 18, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Ignore Max, we'll just try our best and just have fun that's the whole point of this mini tourney :). I am learning to control the beaner s;)

Tazz September 18, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Ok. I want every team leader to add me on Skype so you can get more information about the tournament and that. My Skype: MrTazz4077

Tazz September 18, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

FINAL INFORMATION:

Maps will be decided by a veto process. Each team will veto one of the three maps and the one that is not vetoed will be played. The maps are:
Rules for Rendezvous 3 CTW:

If any of these are broken, they will result in a disqualification for your team. Proof is needed however. Hopefully we will have Referees for the games, especially in the latter part of the tournament. 

We will not be having a losers bracket. We decided this because it is quite useless. Furthermore, we would like players from the losing teams in the first round to volunteer to referee the remaining games. 

All players on the field will be required to be in the Teamspeak3 server that your team leader has or is being given. If your team leader has not (Ethernal Cross), please get Max or Nova to add me on Skype. In this teamspeak, are rooms for each team and each team has a password that again, your team leader has.

Only players in your roster will be able to play.  No exceptions will be made at any point, don't even bother trying. If you can not field 8 players, you will be DQed. The first game will start at 5:00 PM BST, which requires every team to be in Teamspeak at least 15 MINUTES BEFORE 5:00 PM. The latest we will start is at 5:15 PM,  and the team holding us back after that will be disqualified. 

If you are a moderator playing for a team and you believe someone on the opposite team is hacking then you can not make the decision, you can only tell the officials (being Barney or Tazz) on Skype or Teamspeak. No matter what and how hard you try you will be bias. 

PokerFace September 18, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

FINAL INFORMATION:

Maps will be decided by a veto process. Each team will veto one of the three maps and the one that is not vetoed will be played. The maps are:
  • Rendezvous 3 CTW
  • Boundaries
  • Senex Scrim

• No using minecarts to get around bedrock walls.
  • Do not enter your own wool room.
  • Do not build inside the redstone lines when defending so the opposing team can not break blocks and enter the wool room. 
If any of these are broken, they will result in a disqualification for your team. Proof is needed however. Hopefully we will have Referees for the games, especially in the latter part of the tournament. 

We will not be having a losers bracket. We decided this because it is quite useless. Furthermore, we would like players from the losing teams in the first round to volunteer to referee the remaining games. 

All players on the field will be required to be in the Teamspeak3 server that your team leader has or is being given. If your team leader has not (Ethernal Cross), please get Max or Nova to add me on Skype. In this teamspeak, are rooms for each team and each team has a password that again, your team leader has.

Only players in your roster will be able to play.  No exceptions will be made at any point, don't even bother trying. If you can not field 8 players, you will be DQed. The first game will start at 5:00 PM BST, which requires every team to be in Teamspeak at least 15 MINUTES BEFORE 5:00 PM. The latest we will start is at 5:15 PM,  and the team holding us back after that will be disqualified. 

If you are a moderator playing for a team and you believe someone on the opposite team is hacking then you can not make the decision, you can only tell the officials (being Barney or Tazz) on Skype or Teamspeak. No matter what and how hard you try you will be bias. 
Can't use skype? Can we just have a leader in TS while in skype at the same time?

Tazz September 18, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Can't use skype? Can we just have a leader in TS while in skype at the same time?
Nope.

Subscriptor September 19, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

I really like the way you say this stuff tazz, you put clear rules of what you can and can't do, and you say the team will be disqualified or whatever and the result, so it's really clear and good for the players playing in the tourney. I really think the next tourney post should be just like you made this one.

DonaldMyTrump September 19, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

FINAL INFORMATION:

• Rendezvous 3 CTW
  • Boundaries
  • Senex Scrim

• Do not build inside the redstone lines when defending so the opposing team can not break blocks and enter the wool room. 

So I can use toggle sneak?!?!?1?

Subscriptor September 19, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

we cant see you anyways man

DaFrozenBlaze September 19, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

no point using it because ^

Zlik September 19, 2015 at 8:09 AM UTC

FINAL INFORMATION:

• Rendezvous 3 CTW
  • Boundaries
  • Senex Scrim

What happens if both teams veto the same map?

BmB September 19, 2015 at 8:09 AM UTC

You may use Skype as long as you have leaders in ts. But make sure you respond to pokes in teamspeak because otherwise it becomes a problem. 

Regarding the losers bracket if any losing teams want to try friendly scrims against each other we have servers booked out so just ask :)

If two teams veto the same map then they just play a map they both agree on.

PokerFace September 19, 2015 at 8:09 AM UTC

You may use Skype as long as you have leaders in ts. But make sure you respond to pokes in teamspeak because otherwise it becomes a problem. 

Regarding the losers bracket if any losing teams want to try friendly scrims against each other we have servers booked out so just ask :)

If two teams veto the same map then they just play a map they both agree on.
BmB, I just wanted to say thank you. I'm real proud of you man. I don't know what's gotten into you, but you changed a lot in many good ways.

And thanks for changing the teamspeak rule :D

Legoche September 19, 2015 at 9:09 AM UTC

Hype!

DaFrozenBlaze September 19, 2015 at 9:09 AM UTC

Matchups remain the same right?

Tazz September 19, 2015 at 11:09 AM UTC

Matchups remain the same right?
Yes

DaFrozenBlaze September 19, 2015 at 11:09 AM UTC

Are we allowed to spec matches?

Tazz September 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM UTC

Undecided.

Tazz September 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM UTC

No, spectating is not allowed.

DaFrozenBlaze September 19, 2015 at 1:09 PM UTC

No, spectating is not allowed.
Even if you are already disqualified?

Tazz September 19, 2015 at 1:09 PM UTC

Even if you are already disqualified?
You will only be able to spectate if you are refereeing.

DaFrozenBlaze September 19, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

You will only be able to spectate if you are refereeing.
kk thx.

Subscriptor September 19, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

some questions:
1. which ts we need to be on 15 minutes ago
2. wtf do you mean if a mod sees someone hacking on the other team he cant ban him
sorry but that makes no sense even if there are refs there are mods because they are mods and they have perms to ban hackers, i think if a mod will see someone hacking he will leave and spectate a player even its "a tourney", because thats the first priority. however if we will have referees that are also staff that could solve the problem

HotAndCrunch September 19, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

Instead of worrying about players going Into their own wool room, b4 the game starts, if u have joined ur team, try and fly into your own wool room. If u can't then you can start, if u can then reset the map until u can't enter

Tazz September 19, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

some questions:
1. which ts we need to be on 15 minutes ago
2. wtf do you mean if a mod sees someone hacking on the other team he cant ban him
sorry but that makes no sense even if there are refs there are mods because they are mods and they have perms to ban hackers, i think if a mod will see someone hacking he will leave and spectate a player even its "a tourney", because thats the first priority. however if we will have referees that are also staff that could solve the problem
Your team have the teamspeak.

Subscriptor September 19, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

Your team have the teamspeak.
yeah im on rn ty

BmB September 19, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

All teams get on now please, Vincible don't have any players in ts you will be disqualified.

Numberz_ September 19, 2015 at 4:09 PM UTC

gg wp Patchi

Stimulating September 19, 2015 at 6:09 PM UTC

ggwp to Calzerk and BC :)

Capenage September 19, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

BC won the un-official tourney! :)

pope_panda September 19, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

gg, had to go afk then they got in my wool rip

HotAndCrunch September 19, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Gg

Hola September 19, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

I believe that the team Patchi should be disqualified due to a certain individual using a hacked client in order to gain an advantage over other players. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OYRAU5jKTM

Stimulating September 19, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

I believe that the team Patchi should be disqualified due to a certain individual using a hacked client in order to gain an advantage over other players. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OYRAU5jKTM
Dw, our defenders had xray as well!!!
Damn, Avi kb is broken, better accuse! 
Better kick them!

JustBudah September 19, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Gg

Robin_DD_J September 19, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

gg

Spoookeh September 19, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Great tourney guys, thanks to Tazz and BmB for organising it.

I will be uploading the final (PPB vs BC) to my channel tomorrow along with commentary from myself, Merlin and Cole.

Tazz September 19, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

My highlights will probably be up tomorrow unless I get lazy.

BmB September 19, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Thank you to spook and tazz for recording.

AsianPear September 20, 2015 at 1:09 AM UTC

Good game!

DaFrozenBlaze September 20, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Nice tourney guys, thanks to the organisers!

Legoche September 20, 2015 at 8:09 AM UTC

Thank you to spook and tazz for recording.
And Lego, who recorded against Fort and PPB <3

HotAndCrunch September 20, 2015 at 8:09 AM UTC

And Lego, who recorded against Fort and PPB <3
And sparkz who recorded the same 2 matches as lego