Avicus Archive

Change.org Minecraft EULA by _BillGates June 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

There is a new change.org thingy, the old one was deleted.
This is related to the new Mojang EULA!

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/mojang-change-your-eula

vladthegreat100 June 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

that tweet saying no selling stuff on your own servers is fake... thebajancanadian sells ranks on his server and he knows notch..... and mitch still sells ranks... think about what I said and then everything that you wrote won't make any sense

_BillGates June 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

that tweet saying no selling stuff on your own servers is fake... thebajancanadian sells ranks on his server and he knows notch..... and mitch still sells ranks... think about what I said and then everything that you wrote won't make any sense
Read the part saying "one major rule"
https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula

zero9178 June 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

"you must not:
give copies of our Game to anyone else;
make commercial use of anything we‘ve made;
try to make money from anything we‘ve made; or
let other people get access to anything we‘ve made in a way that is unfair or unreasonable."

Avicus isn't selling thinks mojang made. If you buy a rank you get something from a plugin which is made by funky and not mojang. Maybe there is a problem with the pets but they are here just for fun.

Gforce40 June 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

Grumm has made it quite clear, you cannot earn money from minecraft. He said you can accept donations or charge people to enter the server but not sell in game stuff. Grumm and notch have both said that plug-ins and mods are considered part of minecraft. Grumm has also said this has always been part of the EULA but Mojang is only starting to enforcing it now. The reason they are now enforcing it is because server owners were getting WAY out of hand with their 'donation' systems. Avicus was no where near as bad as a lot of other servers. Some server owners would allow people to but perks for their servers for hundreds of dollars and parents would get pissed off and Mojang because after they bought their 30 dollar game they think Mojang is charging more. I, honestly, am glad they're enforcing it.