Avicus Archive

hacking or cheating? by legendary_wolf25 January 11, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

A very touchy subject when it comes to hacking many argue that, even if they admit they do it, "hacking" is to strong of a word for it, isn't it just cheating tegnecly? Or is it? Don't you have to get into the sever coding to get yourself a hack? Even if the cliant does it behind the senes for you? Now I am not much of an expert at hacking (or cheating what ever u want to call it) but I do know you have to do something to the game coding to get the "cheat"

MajestysDream January 11, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

That's not really how you get a hacked client. You just install them. I guess it could be referred as 'cheating', but 'hacking' could also work.

JKawesome January 11, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

In the programming world, to my understanding, hacking is getting into a network or computer via a backend of some sort via coding and stuff. In the gaming world, hacking is installing cheats that give you an advantage.

legendary_wolf25 January 11, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

But does mine craft just sell those cheats?no. So wouldent your cliant have to hack into minecraft to make way for these "cheats"?

JKawesome January 11, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

But does mine craft just sell those cheats?no. So wouldent your cliant have to hack into minecraft to make way for these "cheats"?
No, they're usually "versions" saved in the Versions folder.

TortouseMincer January 11, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

I've read a couple of books on hacking groups etc.
Hacking at it's earliest time was defined as taking something, a program in this case, and not using it according to it's original purpose. Instead you take a flaw with the program and exploit it.
Taking apart and re-constructing a car on someones balcony, measuring a bridge using people, these were all known as "hacking" back then.

Since then the word "Hacking" is usually defined as a negative word; even though hacking can still be positive. 

When it comes to Minecraft; downloading a client doesn't really mean you are hacking. The client is hacking yes, but since you have not coded it or constructed it you are not the real person exploiting Minecraft.
How can you be called a hacker if you don't even know how the exploitation works.
Most hacking within games is cheating; you find an exploit and use it. You're not following the rules of the game; which gives you the advantage and the other people the downfall. You're not following the rules..
Hackers or cheaters is basically just your opinion; mine is people are not really hacking...

legendary_wolf25 January 11, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

Yea you shouldn't be called a hacker you are not doing any hacking but your client still has to brake into the minecraft coding and switch some things around

TheTNTPotato January 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM UTC

You may not have meant it like this, but I personally have never had anyone say something like "mate its cheating not hacking! You're a terrible mod ;~;"

People always refer to the clients as hacked clients, so people basically coined the logic that if you use one, you're a hacker. Technically you're not, but that's just what happened. I have yet to get complaints about it, so it's not a huge issue to look at. Although debating is great, I wont change my ways regardless of whether or not its cheating or hacking, because I don't really need to.

legendary_wolf25 January 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM UTC

I know you haven't meet me but I am all about technicality. You also don't see many people who say hay over here I'm a hacker my friend and I started this argument (he is a Hacker you already baned pie_loving_pig) so...yea I took the argument to here

kycrafft January 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM UTC

I know you haven't meet me but I am all about technicality. You also don't see many people who say hay over here I'm a hacker my friend and I started this argument (he is a Hacker you already baned pie_loving_pig) so...yea I took the argument to here
No one says "Hey over here, I'm a hacker" anyways. It will get them banned if they actually are cheating.

PieZ January 11, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

Actually hacking is different than what people do with using Nodus, Meepcraft. You can call it cheating or in the right terms "Client Modification" but if we do that we would put Nodus in the same area as Optifine, which they are just Optifine doesn't change your client gameplay that much so it is legal in Avicus.

Myv January 11, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Hacking is cheating. Question solved. gg