Avicus Archive

Pick-up Scrimmage Information Hub by PokerFace August 23, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

Hi. So just recently, we had pick-up scrimmages where various members from various teams all go on the same scrimmage server and just have a good time and scrimmage. I hope to continue these events and below will be all the information if you would like to join these pick-up scrimmages. 

Application Format: 

Team Name: 
Team Tag: 

* Please do not change your team tag often so that I can invite the teams easier.
* Please add an application to this post even if you have already participated in the first one.

Schedule:

Typically, we will try to have these events every weekend and i will bump this post every time that there will be a pick-up scrimmage. I will try to give at least 3 days in advance for every event.

Rules: 
*Failure to follow these rules may result in your team not being allowed to participate in pick-up scrims.

Procedure:

Will be updated when other things have been finalized.

TeamSpeak: 

As of now, we will be using the Avicus general chats however, separate rooms might be provided to us courtesy of the Avicus Network. If that doesn't happen, I will find some other alternatives. You may list your ideas as well. Or volunteer your TeamSpeak server if Avicus can't provide us with some rooms. 

Google Doc: 

I will be making a Google Doc recording some things such as rosters, scores, etc... starting from the next time we do this as organization wasn't the best. 

Staff:

Currently I am the only person running these events. I won't be able to run every single one most likely so I will ask a few of you personally if you wouldn't mind helping to run the event.

Current Teams:
Basically, what happened today was great. Players from all different sorts of teams gathered together to play a few competitive matches against another team. At one point, there must've been 30 people on that scrimmage server.Please show your support and hopefully this can continue. Thanks!

AsianPear August 23, 2015 at 11:08 AM UTC

Team name: Cacalmarin

Tag: [AMEN]

_Nathy August 23, 2015 at 11:08 AM UTC

Yeah poke put me down as a helper, I'd love to help get this going, today's games were so good. Thx to all who came and thx for making it so fun!

Subscriptor August 23, 2015 at 12:08 PM UTC

Team name: Fortissimus

Tag: [BOOM]

ProfessorUtonium August 23, 2015 at 2:08 PM UTC

Team name: Berzerk

Tag: [BZRK]

HotAndCrunch August 23, 2015 at 8:08 PM UTC

Team Name: Apollo

Tag: [BEAR]

iLavaTiger August 23, 2015 at 8:08 PM UTC

Actually remove the furium thing I don't think we can do it rn

Riskayyy August 23, 2015 at 9:08 PM UTC

I actually enjoyed every matche we had; to see how well we did as a team when we have barely played with each other!
#SAVAGESQUAD
RAGING MY FRONTLINER BUDDY

Jahaj August 23, 2015 at 9:08 PM UTC

Team name: Fortissimus

Tag: [BOOM]
Isn't our tag FORT?

PokerFace August 23, 2015 at 10:08 PM UTC

Actually remove the furium thing I don't think we can do it rn
It doesn't have to every single player in your team that has to show up. When we played yesterday, there were like 5 or less people from each team and then we combined all those player. Even if only 1 person from your team shows up, that's fine. There doesn't have to be a whole team application. If you still don't want your team put up there, please comment again.

Okiba August 23, 2015 at 10:08 PM UTC

What if you arent in a team?

iLavaTiger August 23, 2015 at 10:08 PM UTC

It doesn't have to every single player in your team that has to show up. When we played yesterday, there were like 5 or less people from each team and then we combined all those player. Even if only 1 person from your team shows up, that's fine. There doesn't have to be a whole team application. If you still don't want your team put up there, please comment again.
O ok. Can you change the tag to SCM?

PokerFace August 24, 2015 at 12:08 AM UTC

What if you arent in a team?
Join one or create your own so you can be invited. 

@iLavaTiger ok.

Tynvale August 24, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

Team name: Cronus

Tag: [CNS]

PokerFace August 25, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

Just a little update.

- I talked to Mango_ and he said that he could make a few TS rooms later on for these scrimmages.

- I'm working on a Google Doc and thought that just for fun, I would add a player leaderboard for these scrimmages and see what player has won the most of these pick-up scrimmages and such. 

-Bad Company & Power Puff Boys, I know several of you attended the first pick-up scrimmage so if you want to participate in future ones, make sure to apply!

-And last but not least, any suggestions that you want to see are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

JDKL August 25, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

Just a little update.

- I talked to Mango_ and he said that he could make a few TS rooms later on for these scrimmages.

- I'm working on a Google Doc and thought that just for fun, I would add a player leaderboard for these scrimmages and see what player has won the most of these pick-up scrimmages and such. 

-Bad Company & Power Puff Boys, I know several of you attended the first pick-up scrimmage so if you want to participate in future ones, make sure to apply!

-And last but not least, any suggestions that you want to see are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!
I participated in all of them <3 When do you think another one of these randomised scrims start?

PokerFace August 25, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

I participated in all of them <3 When do you think another one of these randomised scrims start?
I will try to push one out every weekend however, I would like to wait until the TS rooms are sorted out as it would provide much better organization. I would say maybe another one can be held this weekend.