Avicus Archive

Ideas to improve this server / 2 Ideas (atm) by _Stunned February 6, 2017 at 4:02 AM UTC

Hello, Im _Stunned

These are some ideas that could improve the server and make this server better. Please comment if u agree or not 1) Put a "ranked" system Ranked is a concept that is based on knowing what level is our ability in avicus competitions. Believe it or not, many people still play for a long time a game to see that reaches reach our potential. Thanks to this, many players (me too) have been able to enjoy a game for many more years.

2) Pay famous people to play and speak well of this server

I see the servers as a "fashion", if famous people played this server the rest of the followers or the vast majority would get into this one Imagine paying a youtube of 800,000 followers, I believe that at least 100 people would get into this server (at least) which would increase the server almost 300% more

_Stunned February 6, 2017 at 4:02 AM UTC

I have more ideas but this its ok atm
Thanks for your time and have a good day!

PieZ February 6, 2017 at 4:02 AM UTC

I can answer 2 now. 
Youtubers cost a lot of money and we sadly don't have enough funds at the moment to regularly pay youtubers to play this server.

profbananaslug February 6, 2017 at 4:02 AM UTC

uhhh.. gonna need some more clarification on this "ranked" thing...

vladthegreat100 February 6, 2017 at 4:02 AM UTC

1. We used to have one, it was called Prestige. It was removed and won't be added back from being told by other Staff who spoke to Keenan and himself saying he will not be re-adding it due to killing the credit system for badges. Otherwise like an elo system wouldn't work well at all on Avicus since these are constant games, not just a small 1v1. Yes we can use Badlion SG as an example, but its a terrible elo system on the Badlion SG.

2. Refer to Pie.

_Stunned February 6, 2017 at 5:02 AM UTC

I can answer 2 now. 
Youtubers cost a lot of money and we sadly don't have enough funds at the moment to regularly pay youtubers to play this server.
Thanks for answer, but all you guys know its a really good purchase

_Stunned February 6, 2017 at 5:02 AM UTC

1. We used to have one, it was called Prestige. It was removed and won't be added back from being told by other Staff who spoke to Keenan and himself saying he will not be re-adding it due to killing the credit system for badges. Otherwise like an elo system wouldn't work well at all on Avicus since these are constant games, not just a small 1v1. Yes we can use Badlion SG as an example, but its a terrible elo system on the Badlion SG.

2. Refer to Pie.
Thanks for answer

The ranked system its just a league with points, I know badlions Sg is trash but you guys can copy like Overwatch, league of legends, or heroes of the storm league system. 
I dont know anything about programming but im sure its not difficult

Posighdun February 6, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

We've had a plan to do ranked for a while now but there aren't enough people right now for it to work out. So we're holding back on that. 

As for the second point, PieZ was spot on with that. We're looking into smaller youtubers rather than big ones.

Passively February 6, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

1) Put a "ranked" system

I don't know about this, it may work to get some players. It would be nice having "prestiges" back or some Ranked system like Badlion but not buggy so, I give +1 on this. This may bring the competitive scenario alive again. Who knows.

2) Pay famous people to play and speak well of this server 

Refer to everyone that talked about this. And also, an idea would be you can help us to advertise the server if you want to see a better player count. I personally think we don't need to pay to Big/Small youtubers to get some better player count.
If the people help us voting and advertising the server for free would be better instead wasting money :)

kycrafft February 6, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

We've had a plan to do ranked for a while now but there aren't enough people right now for it to work out. So we're holding back on that. 

As for the second point, PieZ was spot on with that. We're looking into smaller youtubers rather than big ones.
When you look for people, look for people who will want to play on the server and keep playing not just because of ranks or money. If they are a lot more authentic about playing the server because they actually enjoy it too, I think it will help reach more people. 

Idk maybe I'm just being an idiot and you already are doing that

zicuri February 6, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

For me the best idea in order to bring more players to avicus is as simply as make videos it doesn't matter if you have 10 subscribers you can always make a thread in forums to get more views, with this YouTube will put your "avicus gameplay" with some of "badlion gameplay"  and that's how you work as a content creator if you offer good content more people will like it so you get more views just try to do what is Un your hands! Hope you all understand my point

Myworld6 February 6, 2017 at 7:02 AM UTC

1. This is a nice compromise between the prestige system and casual play. 

2. Unfortunately, popular youtubers ask for an obscene amount of money to advertise a server, so there's vey little chance that this will work.