Avicus Archive

Tournament? EmeraldSword? by Kroomsam September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

Hi, im Kroomsam a currently player of avicus .
Im here to do a question to Mr executive, Emeral sword And other player that play competitive.
Mr executive say that he is thinking to organízate a tournament of CTW,DTM.That's a Good Idea And that maybe to be the server moré famous. But if u going to do that pl0x make ir quick. Thanks :D

D00ZiE September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

There already is an Official tourney supposedly being planned.

Kroomsam September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

Yea but they have to be quick .To be the server more popular

SpicyTunaRoll9 September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

well that won't happen quickly, considering there's only 1 dev.

IviFetita September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

Hm..... it will be quikly, sure! Avicus counts with 4 map developers.
I think it will be released in no moment with this map dev team! :P
Avicus is a big server and it will be better in the future :D and this community is big 2 <3

SpicyTunaRoll9 September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

Avicus is a big server and it will be better in the future :D and this community is big 2 <3
that's not the "Devs" I meant. Learn the difference. Ivy has to code the tourney plugin and that's not on his priority right now, plus he's busy will school.

D00ZiE September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

As much as I love your optimism, this is unlikely. It will take a while to make a solid plugin and maps. I would rather this take a very long time and be high quality, then to have it be rushed and terrible quality. I have spoken to members of the committee and that is that they are planning to do. 

Quality, Lengthy Release >Terrible, Fast Release

that's not the "Devs" I meant. Learn the difference. Ivy has to code the tourney plugin and that's not on his priority right now, plus he's busy will school.
Ok, In this point we loose. The code devs are important in the tournaments but the Ivy and if lucky with some help, can do that, but... How much time is "quikly" for you?

vladthegreat100 September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

well that won't happen quickly, considering there's only 1 dev.
duh faq you talking about? evo and para came back, and they also got awarriorvenom and itaity as map dev, there are 5 with ivy as well

As much as I love your optimism, this is unlikely. It will take a while to make a solid plugin and maps. I would rather this take a very long time and be high quality, then to have it be rushed and terrible quality. I have spoken to members of the committee and that is that they are planning to do. 

Quality, Lengthy Release >Terrible, Fast Release
Okay but How much time is "fast" or "lengthy"? be cause I think fast is 2-3 months and lengthy is 4-6 months.
But we can wait for the tournament, and for the past comments, Why it needs be released quickly? 

MLG_Jirafa September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

There has been WAY too many threads about this, it's not that difficult to make an unofficial tourney, you just need a good server and someone with experience, and you can get some nebula's map by asking the map makers.
btw...the official tourney is "coming", but I don't know if it is close or far

smitdalt September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

duh faq you talking about? evo and para came back, and they also got awarriorvenom and itaity as map dev, there are 5 with ivy as well
There's a big difference between "Map Devs" and "Devs" that people don't seem to understand.

PublixEmployee September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

Just as a heads up, we never said we were actually having a tournament, we just said we were going to talk about it and see where we go with it.

MLG_Jirafa September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

Just as a heads up, we never said we were actually having a tournament, we just said we were going to talk about it and see where we go with it.
copy paste much?

PublixEmployee September 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

copy paste much?
At first glance, it may look like I did.
At second glance, you will noticed that I did do that...

D00ZiE September 1, 2014 at 11:09 PM UTC

http://old.avicus.net/forums/topic/10272 

"Hey everyone, its Max here. The tournament committee has been hard at work. DoctaPop, BenDooley, and I have been working on numerous rules and regulations for an upcoming tournament. None are being planned as of now, but we want to be ready for the upcoming future"     (In case you don't believe DoctaPop)

PieZ September 2, 2014 at 12:09 AM UTC

It just feels like you are poking the player base with a stick that you add a team section to the forums. When avicore came out a manager was talking about a tourny(I could be wrong on the rank). The community is getting tired and soon you might loose them to OCN's tourneys

SpicyTunaRoll9 September 2, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

you don't understand the difference between a map dev and a dev.

LeCobalt September 2, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

There is a tourney coming and more fun stuff coming wait pls...

Joao_Victor September 2, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

It just feels like you are poking the player base with a stick that you add a team section to the forums. When avicore came out a manager was talking about a tourny(I could be wrong on the rank). The community is getting tired and soon you might loose them to OCN's tourneys
There are lots of unofficial teams, even before a tournament committee was ever established, not having a teams sub-forum would make organization difficult.

Also, while a tournament isn't exactly guaranteed, there's been a lot of planning going into it.

When the new website comes (hopefully soon), teams can be officially formed and their stats tracked.

Emmaye September 2, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

what.

PieZ September 2, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

There are lots of unofficial teams, even before a tournament committee was ever established, not having a teams sub-forum would make organization difficult.

Also, while a tournament isn't exactly guaranteed, there's been a lot of planning going into it.

When the new website comes (hopefully soon), teams can be officially formed and their stats tracked.
I'm sorry but I do not believe you. Actions speak louder then words

Joao_Victor September 2, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

I'm sorry but I do not believe you. Actions speak louder then words
Which part of what I said?

ImJeezus September 2, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

There is a tourney coming and more fun stuff coming wait pls...
In 7 months.

PieZ September 2, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Which part of what I said?
Second Part. I have been poked with a stick for too long to even believe that there is work being done

PublixEmployee September 2, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

We are waiting for more things to be developed before we can release it Pie. We have done all we can, it's all up to Ivy to finish everything else, which he has a lot of work on his hands at the moment.

zaidms0987 September 2, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

In 7 months.
17 years*