Avicus Archive

You guys are being stupid. by Sevoo April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Sorry to be so cold, but I think this has to be said.

1.8 sucks, people constantly tell them to put VBO on, or OptiFine, or even tell us to get a new PC...

Just stop it, 1.8 sucks, and all the bugs are back anyway.

And Kylo, you say 80% of Avicadians use 1.8. Well what about the other 20%? Do you want your 100% STAY 100% or 80% to be your NEW 100%?

Its just stupid, Im not telling you never update the server, just make it stay 1.7 and 1.8, and Kylo, you still say that we have alot of lag with 1.7 and 1.8, well 1.8 alone is doing MORE, so why not just 1.7 AND 1.8?

Everyone will be happy.

Until this happens or if I get a new 1000$ PC with an extremely strong graphics card, Im going to be leaving MC in general. 

PS: If you see me ingame Im probably my cousin with an extremely good PC.

TheColdCrafter April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Well, Sevo_ You need to get used to it.
Most people like 1.8
All servers are going to 1.8.
Just accept it.
1.8 does not suck, and i must use your own quote against you.
I use 1.8 with optifine, and My thing runs fine, and my laptop isnt even that good.

SavageAmericans April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

The only thing bad about 1.8 for me is it's Pvp is different...
Stop being so salty people

Pelpelajax April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

You can't have a server running 1.7 & 1.9. It was going to happen some time.

RightSide April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

We'll what would we do if it would always astay 1.7.9 ive been on this server for about 3 updates or 2 I joined 2 years ago and I got one that the server update yes it's self.

FlufflesSub April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Imma get used to it :} For the good of the server!

XtraMajestical April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

1.8 is lots less lagy due to the new chunk loading being re done by not loading underground when your above for example. Also optifine makes it even better! With all of this i have a AMD A8 APU 6410 with randeon R5 graphics for only £319 and i get around 30 fps on start up then up to 80-90 when warmed up!

Sevoo April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Well, Sevo_ You need to get used to it.
Most people like 1.8
All servers are going to 1.8.
Just accept it.
1.8 does not suck, and i must use your own quote against you.
I use 1.8 with optifine, and My thing runs fine, and my laptop isnt even that good.
I like how your really not getting me.

YOU TRY FUDGING 6 FPS

It not even funny, I really like the server, and I would have put up with ANYTHING but INCREASING my lag, which was already 20 fps.

Excuse me for having a PC from 2007, and I swear if you tell me to get a new one, I really AM gonna get pist. Please just dont argue, tell me what you think.

1.7, 1.8 or 1.7 AND 1.8

I like 1.7 and 1.8.

I gotta admit tho there are no lag spikes .-.

TheColdCrafter April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

1.8 :3

1.8 :3

I have to say, I wouldnt mind no blockhitting and the PvP mechanics based on  Huahwis vids.

The update is quite nise xD

But they really made it too laggy, its not even funny.

Oh, and I never said how much I actually LIKED the Avi update!

Nice job Kylo, well done! Just the 1.8 thing is bad. Would have stayed if I had an good PC

zero9178 April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

I gotta admit tho there are no lag spikes .-.
so you want the server to run on 1.7 and 1.8 ? Till Kylo made the plugins 1.7, 1.9 is already out or atleast the first snapshots.

so you want the server to run on 1.7 and 1.8 ? Till Kylo made the plugins 1.7, 1.9 is already out or atleast the first snapshots.
Thats why we have an extra Dev ;)

BourbonBonobo April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

I have to say, I wouldnt mind no blockhitting and the PvP mechanics based on  Huahwis vids.

The update is quite nise xD

But they really made it too laggy, its not even funny.

Oh, and I never said how much I actually LIKED the Avi update!

Nice job Kylo, well done! Just the 1.8 thing is bad. Would have stayed if I had an good PC
Dude I hate how you have these stupid rants all the time, and in the end of it, you just come back like 2 weeks after quitting. Just play the game dude. 1.8 is not that bad.

Dude I hate how you have these stupid rants all the time, and in the end of it, you just come back like 2 weeks after quitting. Just play the game dude. 1.8 is not that bad.
How the fudge do I have rants

And I nevber quit and came back 2 weeks later LOL

And 1.8 IS bad, try playing with 6 fps, its Hell.

_Jupiter April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

^ ^
1.8 is okay :)
I'm usually around 13 fps and it's hard but you can still play ;-;

Dyspa April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Please, no more posts about this.
Just, don't! Y_Y

Yesss, the last 2 posts arent ranting on me! .-.

@Amanta 13 fps and 4 fps arent the same, and FPS drops somehow screw my sensitivity up .-.

@Juano Ill try xD

1.8 is lots less lagy due to the new chunk loading being re done by not loading underground when your above for example. Also optifine makes it even better! With all of this i have a AMD A8 APU 6410 with randeon R5 graphics for only £319 and i get around 30 fps on start up then up to 80-90 when warmed up!
Do you realise that those graphics are amazing?

My AMD is from there werent EVEN A4s or A6s or A8s or A10s

Heck, I dunno what the fack it is! Its ancient history m9!

RIP_Avicus April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Where did you get your computer???

Mehrp April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

I agree with juanoh. Just accept it. I'm miffed because my all ready terrible PvP skills suck even more as PvP is now ping and cps dominated, but just go with the flabby flow. Nobody with no amount of ranting will turn the server back. Instead of getting angry, get used to it, in a week it'll all be OK .-.

I agree with juanoh. Just accept it. I'm miffed because my all ready terrible PvP skills suck even more as PvP is now ping and cps dominated, but just go with the flabby flow. Nobody with no amount of ranting will turn the server back. Instead of getting angry, get used to it, in a week it'll all be OK .-.
Just wanted to prove to Kylo that he did something stupid.

Ik it wont come back, and what do I LOSE if I say this?

Ill try to get used to it, but not on Avi with all the bugs.

Glitchaye April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Stop bitching.

Mehrp April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Just wanted to prove to Kylo that he did something stupid.

Ik it wont come back, and what do I LOSE if I say this?

Ill try to get used to it, but not on Avi with all the bugs.
When you get used to it, come back to avicus-most of the bugs will probably be gone. As for "what do I LOSE if I say this?" Eh, nothing but you don't really gain anything. Its a bit pointless :/ but I do agree with your reasons, I don't think that another thread should be made :p

hpux April 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Sevo, I understand you're upset, but this has more to do with the state of your computer. It's not really Kylo's fault. I have a good computer, and get over 100 FPS on 1.8. However, we can't switch back to 1.7 purely so that you can get decent FPS.

nintendoboy11 April 3, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

All of the servers will update to 1.8 anyway so might as well get used to it.

BelgiumWaffles April 3, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

1.8 is buggy laggy cr*p just use 1.8.3 optifine and u Will be ok jeez

Zintenka April 3, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

I will not be insensitive to you as most other people here are, because i can feel your frustration and your anger and because im not a dick.

If your PC is from 2007 then the best option would be to buy a new one or buy parts to modify your PC to keep it updated with the current timeline. 

If your CPU is an AMD then thats probably your problem. When I had my laptop with an A6 AMD CPU 1.8 was shit for me. But now I have a desktop with an intel i7-890. 8 GB of RAM. 

My recommendation for you is to get 8GB of RAM from staples (79.99 USD) get help on how to install. Buy an i7 CPU from best buy, PC Richardson and Son or Staples. Or whatever hardware store your country has.

If you cannot get these because of money limitations then I'm afraid that no one can help you.

Every server is 1.8 and we cannot slow down for 20% of the population over the 80%. It will be impractical and unfair. Our player base will dwindle very fast  and that is not an option.

Sevoo April 3, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

I will not be insensitive to you as most other people here are, because i can feel your frustration and your anger and because im not a dick.

If your PC is from 2007 then the best option would be to buy a new one or buy parts to modify your PC to keep it updated with the current timeline. 

If your CPU is an AMD then thats probably your problem. When I had my laptop with an A6 AMD CPU 1.8 was shit for me. But now I have a desktop with an intel i7-890. 8 GB of RAM. 

My recommendation for you is to get 8GB of RAM from staples (79.99 USD) get help on how to install. Buy an i7 CPU from best buy, PC Richardson and Son or Staples. Or whatever hardware store your country has.

If you cannot get these because of money limitations then I'm afraid that no one can help you.

Every server is 1.8 and we cannot slow down for 20% of the population over the 80%. It will be impractical and unfair. Our player base will dwindle very fast  and that is not an option.
Thanks for the tips! Ill be sure to get an Intel instead of an AMD ;)

And fo the RAM, it was 2 gigs, my dad upgraded it to 4, and thats the max, so yeee

Zintenka April 3, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

And fo the RAM, it was 2 gigs, my dad upgraded it to 4, and thats the max, so yeee
You're very much welcome good sir!

It makes me angry to see someone in need and pretty much 99% of the posts are unconstructive and disrespectful comments.

Y0urm0m1 April 3, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

IMO, I do not like 1.8 personally not because it sucks but the new features werent as good compared to the other updates. The only things i like is probably Flags and Sime Blocks but what i really hate about 1/8 is the water now moves primed tnt so it breaks cannon pvp :/

Precise_ April 3, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

Sevo I hate 1.8 too. But change is change so get used to it

Notalgicular April 3, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

Sevo getting a good pc will not make jack shit difference. hits not registering will fuck you over

Stimulating April 3, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

160-300fps drop with 1.8. 

K

triplezko April 3, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

hahahahaha

MidnightBeats April 3, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

Well, sorry to tell you this, but most servers were bound to change to 1.8 anyways, and if you can't cope with that, then I'm honestly surprised with how you can cope with changes in your life.

What I'm saying is change is normal. May not be good or bad, but change happening is inevitable. 

Seriously, don't come on the forums to complain about an FPS problem. Problems don't go away by complaining. You'll have to fix the problem yourself or learn to live with it. 

And, before you come here to start saying Kylo did a bad job, you have to remember that we have opinions too. We know 1.8 is laggy and the update is buggy, but we're not super humans. We simply just learn to lie with it and take satisfaction out of what we DO receive. 

Also, the amount of "1.8 sucks" threads have gotten out of hand. You're only dragging the community down with threads like this, as they have no benefit to the forums whatsoever. 

And sure, 1.8 may suck, but take what doesn't suck from it and use that instead. 

Honestly.

Y0urm0m1 April 3, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

Eh just build your own computer but if you had to buy one then goverment. I think a cheapr core i 5 quad core would do with 6GB of RAM

kycrafft April 4, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

All of the servers will update to 1.8 anyway so might as well get used to it.
That's like saying "All of the world is starving so just get used to it"

badgg April 4, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

I'm sorry,  but you guys aren't the only players on the server, so just stop complaining like it is all about you. With the lag issue, thats your trouble. I have a shit pc but 1.8 actually increased my FPS, no server lag, hits are registering perfectly and pvp wise, no difference.

Just grow up, deal with it, and toughen up; princesses. 

Inb4 demotion

smitdalt April 4, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

I'm sorry,  but you guys aren't the only players on the server, so just stop complaining like it is all about you. With the lag issue, thats your trouble. I have a shit pc but 1.8 actually increased my FPS, no server lag, hits are registering perfectly and pvp wise, no difference.

Inb4 demotion
True we aren't the only players on the server, but when the player count actually goes DOWN after an update, that says something. 

https://youtu.be/dw_1I1H3Snw (100+ fps dropping to 0)

AndrewJKim April 4, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

I want to point out that the idea that everyone having 1.8 on the server now would make it so that 1.7 block hitters would have more trouble doing what they do, which somewhat would even out the pvp style in a way where they would also hate it.

nintendoboy11 April 4, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

That's like saying "All of the world is starving so just get used to it"
Not all of the world is starving and that's not a good comparison because you are comparing people starving to a game.

Mathematical April 4, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

https://avicus.net/data
Data shows that 54718 players used a 1.8 client, which is 67.38% of the total players. Yeah, the majority of Avicus played with 1.8 already.
However, 26495 players used a 1.7 client, which is only 32.62% of the total players.
Okay, Avicus has 50 thousand players who favor 1.8, but still, 20 thousand players may be upset... The minority is actually a large group of people, it would be pretty sad to see 20 thousand players leave.

Stimulating April 4, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

Inb4 demotion
for you. You have 25ms on AU Kohi and 18cps so even if on NA servers, you have great reach anyways. PvP in 1.8 is a THOUSAND times easier when you constantly outreach people tbh. You gain 1/4 of a block reach if you get first hit. You lose a lot of reach if you don't.  

So no crap 1.8 pvp is easy for you

keenanjt April 4, 2015 at 3:04 AM UTC

https://avicus.net/data
Data shows that 54718 players used a 1.8 client, which is 67.38% of the total players. Yeah, the majority of Avicus played with 1.8 already.
However, 26495 players used a 1.7 client, which is only 32.62% of the total players.
Okay, Avicus has 50 thousand players who favor 1.8, but still, 20 thousand players may be upset... The minority is actually a large group of people, it would be pretty sad to see 20 thousand players leave.
That shows sessions, not players (54,718 server joins using 1.8, etc). In addition, that is all the data we have since a few a weeks ago. More recent data would show more 1.8.

The tracking showed that roughly 80% of players used 1.8. This doesn't mean we lose 20% of our player count.That means they will either adapt or leave MC multiplayer entirely, once we're all 1.8.

Stimulating April 4, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

That shows sessions, not players (54,718 server joins using 1.8, etc). In addition, that is all the data we have since a few a weeks ago. More recent data would show more 1.8.

The tracking showed that roughly 80% of players used 1.8. This doesn't mean we lose 20% of our player count.That means they will either adapt or leave MC multiplayer entirely, once we're all 1.8.
80%...including random players and tbh 80% of the people who visit AVN don't come back, same applies to all other servers.  

And what happens to the 20%? Doesn't necessarily mean they will leave, but that's 20% of the people on the server at the time and to seem to take 1/5 of the people who got on that day for nothing. That's a variable that you just seem to disregard. If half of those people leave, that's 1/10th of potential players gone.

keenanjt April 4, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

80%...including random players and tbh 80% of the people who visit AVN don't come back, same applies to all other servers.  

And what happens to the 20%? Doesn't necessarily mean they will leave, but that's 20% of the people on the server at the time and to seem to take 1/5 of the people who got on that day for nothing. That's a variable that you just seem to disregard. If half of those people leave, that's 1/10th of potential players gone.
It's subjective, we just needed to decide when to pull the trigger. We determined 20% was fair, considering so many servers have already switched or accept 1.8. Thanks to the update too, we have better server performance, decreasing costs and increasing the quality of gameplay. Overall, this should help boost player count.

UmbreonMessiah April 4, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

These whole 1.8 leaving posts are really not needed. I've been reading them, and the amount of drama is just, ugh. Accept it, don't go around telling people its wrong, don't make a leaving post and then blame the devs for changing to 1.8 because you can't play with it, when plenty of people can. We get it, your machine isn't made for 1.8. But really, the drama? Come on now.

Edit: That did seem a little dramatic after reading it again, but the point stands.

cguay23 April 4, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

These whole 1.8 leaving posts are really not needed. I've been reading them, and the amount of drama is just, ugh. Accept it, don't go around telling people its wrong, don't make a leaving post and then blame the devs for changing to 1.8 because you can't play with it, when plenty of people can. We get it, your machine isn't made for 1.8. But really, the drama? Come on now.

Edit: That did seem a little dramatic after reading it again, but the point stands.

ProfessorUtonium April 4, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

I want a cookie

Original post: Why does everyone keep crying about 1.8

Zintenka April 4, 2015 at 4:04 PM UTC

You guys need to put yourselves in their shoes. I used to have a problem with 1.8 but now, I do not because of the CPU im using is an Intel. 

I've learned that 1.8 is a bane to ones with AMD CPUs and is a boon to ones with Intel CPUs. 

Getting an Nvidia GPU can also help as well. Get a GTX series.

Anyway, you guys are being inconsiderate. Instead of telling them to "get used to it, how about giving some useful tips to counter their problems?

Alpapi April 4, 2015 at 4:04 PM UTC

There is way too much server lag to begin with. The server is becoming unplayable. All I see ever on the server is people skipping and lagging. No, it's not me either.

Alpapi April 4, 2015 at 4:04 PM UTC

The server should be taking the feedback on the new update. Most people really don't like it (assuming from all the posts I've read). I think it was a major mistake to force people to use 1.8. I don't dislike the people that are enjoying playing on 1.8. But I think it would be better if it could be played on 1.7 and 1.8. That is possible, there are servers that do that.

kycrafft April 4, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

Not all of the world is starving and that's not a good comparison because you are comparing people starving to a game.
It uses the same argument you used.

Hete April 4, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

The server should be taking the feedback on the new update. Most people really don't like it (assuming from all the posts I've read). I think it was a major mistake to force people to use 1.8. I don't dislike the people that are enjoying playing on 1.8. But I think it would be better if it could be played on 1.7 and 1.8. That is possible, there are servers that do that.
This is what exactly happened to MCSG when they updated to 1.8 completely. Most of the people were saying the server was going downfall, and they were going to leave. Everyone eventually got used to everything, and everything is fine now.

You just gotta give it some time to get used to the new PvP aspects. Same with me, I used to hate 1.8, and only played on 1.7 until I was forced to. Eventually, 1.8 became easier to play on then 1.7 at one point.

Besides, you have to accept the fact that all minecraft servers won't be staying in 1.7 forever. Why not think of it as getting used to 1.8 faster then other 1.7 users?

Alpapi April 4, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

This is what exactly happened to MCSG when they updated to 1.8 completely. Most of the people were saying the server was going downfall, and they were going to leave. Everyone eventually got used to everything, and everything is fine now.

You just gotta give it some time to get used to the new PvP aspects. Same with me, I used to hate 1.8, and only played on 1.7 until I was forced to. Eventually, 1.8 became easier to play on then 1.7 at one point.

Besides, you have to accept the fact that all minecraft servers won't be staying in 1.7 forever. Why not think of it as getting used to 1.8 faster then other 1.7 users?
I'm fine with using 1.8 on servers. It's just the fact that the server has become too laggy with it (Not frame lag).

Myv April 4, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

1.8 sucks.

Until the update, I played on 1.7.4 - this was so less laggy and meant I was better at PvP.

Now I play on 1.8.x, depending on whatever I feel, and my PvP sucks because I lag too much.

I agree Sevo. It needs to be sorted out.

Hete April 4, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

I'm fine with using 1.8 on servers. It's just the fact that the server has become too laggy with it (Not frame lag).
What exactly is that "Server Lag" people are talking about?

It's probably just because the PvP aspects in 1.7 and 1.8 are slightly different that you feel like it's lagging.

Trexychan April 4, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Reading these kinds of posts made me lose all faith in humanity if an update screwing up how they fight other people in a geometric video game is their first world problem >.> (Call me a hypocrite but its true smh)

Zintenka April 4, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

Come on mods, I think the OP already has his answer. Anymore posts would just be abusing an already beaten person.

Splades April 4, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

1.8 is so ducking laggy and when I try to play 1.8 I get ducking 10fps.
Duck you Mojang.

badgg April 4, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

Come on mods, I think the OP already has his answer. Anymore posts would just be abusing an already beaten person.
Lmao you do realise it is almost impossible to revert back to 1.7 once updated to 1.8? IIRC Kylo would need to change a lot of code, and the mapdevs would need to reassess all the maps. 

You need to understand that you aren't the only ones on the server. While you may think you are lagging (just because you arent winning pvp battles), doesn't mean the other half of the server isn't.

Sevoo April 4, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

Please, just lock this, Ive had it with people giving me bs, I get the point.

Bai Avi, at least until I get a beast PC.

Zintenka April 4, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

Lmao you do realise it is almost impossible to revert back to 1.7 once updated to 1.8? IIRC Kylo would need to change a lot of code, and the mapdevs would need to reassess all the maps. 

You need to understand that you aren't the only ones on the server. While you may think you are lagging (just because you arent winning pvp battles), doesn't mean the other half of the server isn't.
I wasn't saying that... :P

I was making suggestions for the OP to get better hardware and stuff and I was requesting a lock on the topic because from all this, the OP already has his answer: "No the server will not revert to 1.7"

Out2Kill April 4, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

Don't call me stupid you rat.

Sevoo April 4, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

I wasn't saying that... :P

I was making suggestions for the OP to get better hardware and stuff and I was requesting a lock on the topic because from all this, the OP already has his answer: "No the server will not revert to 1.7"
Thanks for being so good to me :3

Ill be sure to be your friend if I come back <3

Zintenka April 4, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Thanks for being so good to me :3

Ill be sure to be your friend if I come back <3
No problem bro, I hope you'll be back soon :)

HentieSenpai April 4, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

I think you were talking about yourself

MangoSmoothie_ April 5, 2015 at 3:04 AM UTC

if 80% are using 1.8, its like you want to forget about 8 people and just do what 2 people want