Avicus Archive

Questions about maps (ay steven) by Zaayk June 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM UTC

Ok, so I have a hub I need to put on my server. Does anyone know how to?

The map: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/an-epic-server-hub-2125907/

vladthegreat100 June 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM UTC

idk :c soz 
(off topic)
Now this is how avicus' hub should look like o.e

zero9178 June 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM UTC

depends. If your server uses FTB then I would recommend the Programm File Zilla. Somewhere you should be able to set a password and username for your server and then you can simply login into filezilla and load it up. If you have the server on your pc or it doesn't support FTB I can't help you :/ .

Zaayk June 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM UTC

IDK what FTB is, and the server isn't on my computer. I use https://mcprohosting.com/

zero9178 June 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM UTC

sry I misspelt it it is called FTP. research it in google or so. If you can't see it anywhere in your interface the server probably doesn't support it.

steven5703 June 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM UTC

If it's hosted by a company, then you should have an FTP server and mutlicraft pannel. Click on "Files > FTP File Access" when logged into the pannel.

Download a free program called FileZilla (MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD CLIENT, NOT "SERVER")

Complete the installation process and launch the program.
Then at the top bar enter the username and host given to you at the FTP File Access screen on Multicraft. Then type in the password and port. The port should be 21. And the password is the password that you use to login to multicraft itself. Hit enter. You then should see a bunch of folders and stuff.

Now back to your download. Download the hub, drag it to your desktop, and unzip it. Now open up filezilla. Make the window for filezilla be half way covering your screen. Delete the 'world' folder, and drag the new hub from your desktop into filezilla and rename it to "world".

Awarrior June 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM UTC

^

What this guy said, I use Mcph too.

Zaayk June 8, 2014 at 5:06 PM UTC

One issue: I did everything you said steven, it's that the map isn't coming in a folder. It's coming in an Internet Explorer icon.

Is this just me? Could someone else try to get that map on their server?

Zaayk June 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

*bump*

steven5703 June 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

Hm, can't help you with tht ;(