Avicus Archive

Bans and Temp Bans by Hudmister14 July 21, 2015 at 7:07 AM UTC

I was recently temp banned for combat logging however I don't believe I was
so how can mods be assured that i was cause I defintley wasn't???
Also for things like combat loging, Mon blocking, etc how long is da ban

TurkishDelite July 21, 2015 at 7:07 AM UTC

They Have a new plugin that shows your combat logging
but i crash a lot and explain to them i was crashing at a bad time 
just to them why you logged out of the server in middle of combat E.G Crashing, Attempting to get killed by a hacker ECT

Petlas July 21, 2015 at 7:07 AM UTC

If you truly hadn't combat logged, you're going to have to prove it to us or give us an explanation as to what happened (eg. you lagged out). 

Feel free to make an appeal at the Appeal An Infraction board for your situation, because there's not much we can do through discussion on this topic.

SnowSX3 July 21, 2015 at 7:07 AM UTC

You can view the duration of your infraction on your profile page. 
There is a sub-category called "Infractions". This is where you can find out how long you're banned.

Petlas covered everything else.
Go here to appeal your infraction.
And follow this format when doing so.

Posighdun July 21, 2015 at 8:07 AM UTC

It's up to the moderators to decide the amount of time they believe a tempban should be. We don't have a set punishment for each offence as the scenario's often vary but we do have set guidelines that suggest the punishment for most offences but depending on the situation the guidelines sometimes aren't useful. A big factor that any moderator takes into account when deciding a expiry date for a temporary ban is if the player has already committed the same infraction, multiple times. If that is the case then that player will receive a longer temporary ban and if it continues it may even warrant a permanent ban.

ballzi July 21, 2015 at 10:07 AM UTC

First off, monument blocking is annoying but not a serious offence as with combat logging. You would probably catch yourself a temp ban.

iKronix_Gaming July 21, 2015 at 10:07 AM UTC

From my experience, it's quite random

Numberz_ July 21, 2015 at 10:07 AM UTC

Personally I think the punishments for combat/void logging can be very odd. Like Poseidon said its up to the moderator to decide how the the tempban should be. In the case of guidelines that moderators must follow it said 4 days if I recall correctly, but most senior staff always tell moderators to be more latent for first time offenders, only tempbanning them for 1 - 2 days.

In your case the tempban that you received seems fit looking at your infraction history, if you break the same rule several times the length of the punishment will increase. If the infraction is false and you have a way to prove it (example: lagged out/crashed) you will most like likely be able to have it shortened by appealing or talking to a senior staff.

Hopefully that kinda clears somethings up.

Spartemex July 21, 2015 at 1:07 PM UTC

Usually they way it works is we will get a console report, then watch you to see if it happens again. If the console reported it once, and we see it happen (we can't see all the way into the void, but if you're death message doesn't pop-up, and the console detects it again, that's a pretty sure sign) we tempban. It's up to the moderator how long to tempban someone (within reason), because after all, guidelines are guidelines. So, some may ban them for a day or two, others three or four.

iKronix_Gaming July 21, 2015 at 2:07 PM UTC

Usually they way it works is we will get a console report, then watch you to see if it happens again. If the console reported it once, and we see it happen (we can't see all the way into the void, but if you're death message doesn't pop-up, and the console detects it again, that's a pretty sure sign) we tempban. It's up to the moderator how long to tempban someone (within reason), because after all, guidelines are guidelines. So, some may ban them for a day or two, others three or four.
Pelpelajax would probably ban for about 20 yrs

No jokes

kycrafft July 21, 2015 at 2:07 PM UTC

And considering you are well over the limit for excessive infractions, it's quite possible that he might ban you for longer than 20 years. (Permanent ban)

Numberz_ July 21, 2015 at 2:07 PM UTC

Talk to Peachy or Newclues if you have a problem with a staff member, not the forums. >,<

BoldAndBrash July 21, 2015 at 2:07 PM UTC

This'll totally get you unbanned, good thinking.

If you have a problem with a staff member, report him/her to an Admin.

This'll totally get you unbanned, good thinking.

If you have a problem with a staff member, report him/her to an Admin.
Where do I report a staff member to an admin?

Robin_DD_J July 21, 2015 at 2:07 PM UTC

Instead of crying serve ur punishment. You did wrong and you knew it

Instead of crying serve ur punishment. You did wrong and you knew it
You dont know what happened so you can't have a valid opinion.

Robin_DD_J July 21, 2015 at 3:07 PM UTC

You dont know what happened so you can't have a valid opinion.
I didn't have an opinion, I told you to stop cry over a blockgame that you got a 3 day tempban on.

BoldAndBrash July 21, 2015 at 3:07 PM UTC

Let's get back on topic, please.

iKronix_Gaming July 21, 2015 at 3:07 PM UTC

I didn't have an opinion, I told you to stop cry over a blockgame that you got a 3 day tempban on.
Lol, obviously 3

iKronix_Gaming July 21, 2015 at 3:07 PM UTC

Robin_DD_J July 21, 2015 at 3:07 PM UTC

You do realise you're being so embarrassing in front of the whole community? If you want to know that, msg a staff member private.

Cynthesis July 21, 2015 at 4:07 PM UTC

If all this is linked to your most recent infraction, please refrain from taking out your anger and frustration on the forums. It's very disruptive.

Vijf July 21, 2015 at 4:07 PM UTC

You like salt?

SirCyanide July 21, 2015 at 4:07 PM UTC

This is taking us nowhere, your ban expired yesterday so I don't see why we should reopen the subject. We have Console to detect combat loggers, and we also spectate our players to double-check. You combat logged, we punished, you served your tempban so you're free to play on Avicus again. 

Going to lock this post due to the fact that it's going off topic, and because it's sparking up some unnecessary flame wars.