Avicus Archive

What gaming PC do you use? by XxZalphinoxX December 30, 2015 at 6:12 AM UTC

Hey everyone

So I'm gonna buy a new gaming PC, and i'm thinking to go with Alienware 18.
What do you guys use?

I'm using it for over 50-60 games, including Minecraft.
So.. any recommendations as to what is good?

Also people say prebuilt PC's are better?

I'm willing to spend up to $4000 to the max.

SWEET_Johny December 30, 2015 at 7:12 AM UTC

"prebuilts are better" 

lmfao

FrozenSolstice December 30, 2015 at 7:12 AM UTC

I'm using a Mac. Much PC, very gaming.

In all seriousness, I'm looking to build a gaming PC as well.

AtditC December 30, 2015 at 7:12 AM UTC

I'm using Atdit-Selfbuild-001

You can order it on my website for only 1 million galactic credits.

Howsie December 30, 2015 at 7:12 AM UTC

FOUR GRAND?!

Dude please - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8GKNrH 
This build doesn't even scratch $4000 and it beats any bs pre-built alienware

XxZalphinoxX December 30, 2015 at 7:12 AM UTC

O_o 

Also Howsie i'm tonystark96.. what happened to your rank?

BmB December 30, 2015 at 10:12 AM UTC

O_o 

Also Howsie i'm tonystark96.. what happened to your rank?
MY FRIEND DO NOT SPEND THAT MUCH MONEY
Build your own you can get a PC as good or better than the alienwear for SO much less money..

The PC howsie showed you is a god build and would far outperform the laptop.

XxZalphinoxX December 30, 2015 at 12:12 PM UTC

GUYS

DONT WORRY
I'm still checking out howsie's recommendation but I certainly wont spend 4 grand on alienware!

DaFrozenBlaze December 30, 2015 at 12:12 PM UTC

I play on a laptop

IndigoHawkins December 30, 2015 at 2:12 PM UTC

FOUR GRAND?!

Dude please - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8GKNrH 
This build doesn't even scratch $4000 and it beats any bs pre-built alienware
Haswell? 3 years old?
Dude, this guy has 4 grand to spend on a PC, I would get a better parts list...

Such as this:
@OP: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Wasting/saved/Xv2dnQ
Falls just under 4 Grand, and this will give you the best gaming PC for 4K 60FPS gaming at High-Max settings, as well as 4TB of storage for all your games.
Have fun building!

XxZalphinoxX December 30, 2015 at 2:12 PM UTC

Hmm, i'll check it out Wasted
Hopefully I don't waste 25 bucks

BADUM PSHHH

get it? no. k.

Sevoo December 30, 2015 at 3:12 PM UTC

I stopped reading to go throw up after "Alienware 18".

The. I saw "Prebuilt PCs are better" and I almost died.

In all seriousness, answer the following questions and lemme get you a build on PCPartPicker. If your worried about building, just think of it this way. It's basically just adult Legos. It's complicated, but fun and educational. You also NEED to invest time in it. Obviously look at a YouTube video while building and you'll be fine. I built mine when I was 12 by myself and it took me around 5 hours.

Anyways, here are the questions.

-Are you going to be editing, recording, rendering or streaming? 

-What version of Windows do you like most?

-What colour themed build do you want?

-Di you want a gaming mouse, keyboard or headset? If so, tell me what kind of games you play and if you were to get a keyboard would you like it to be loud and clicky or soft and silent?

-Where do you live. This is VERY important, just a Country will do.

-How much do you know about PCs. All I knew when I first started was the CPU types and RAM in Prebuilt PCs.

Anyways, answer these questions and I'll get you a build as soon as I get on my PC.

Oh and by the way, to answer the OP's question, I have my custom made PC.

Sevoo December 30, 2015 at 3:12 PM UTC

Haswell? 3 years old?

Such as this:
Falls just under 4 Grand, and this will give you the best gaming PC for 4K 60FPS gaming at High-Max settings, as well as 4TB of storage for all your games.
Have fun building!
I would recommend not going with 8 cores @ 3Ghz because most games already use a lot less than that. This would be GOD rendering machine though. Also, we don't know where he lives xP. This build would be around 7 grand here in Canada xD.

IndigoHawkins December 30, 2015 at 3:12 PM UTC

In all seriousness, answer the following questions and lemme get you a build on PCPartPicker. If your worried about building, just think of it this way. It's basically just adult Legos. It's complicated, but fun and educational. You also NEED to invest time in it. Obviously look at a YouTube video while building and you'll be fine. I built mine when I was 12 by myself and it took me around 5 hours.

-Di you want a gaming mouse, keyboard or headset? If so, tell me what kind of games you play and if you were to get a keyboard would you like it to be loud and clicky or soft and silent?

-How much do you know about PCs. All I knew when I first started was the CPU types and RAM in Prebuilt PCs.

Anyways, answer these questions and I'll get you a build as soon as I get on my PC.

If he has the money why not?

Sevoo December 30, 2015 at 4:12 PM UTC

If he has the money why not?
I meant less cores xD. Yes, 8 cores @ 3Ghz= 24Ghz in total, which is very good for rendering. But since most games use around 1 core, 1 core @ 3Ghz vs lets say 1 core @4 Ghz.

I would still not get the 4770k though, and get the 4790K instead.

zero9178 December 30, 2015 at 4:12 PM UTC

I meant less cores xD. Yes, 8 cores @ 3Ghz= 24Ghz in total, which is very good for rendering. But since most games use around 1 core, 1 core @ 3Ghz vs lets say 1 core @4 Ghz.

1) with DX12 games are going to use more then 4 cores
2) 8*3ghz =/= 24ghz
3) with that cooler you can easily reach 4 ghz on those 8 cores. I got 4.4 ghz stable on my 5820k with a similar sized cooler
4) even if all the points above wouldn't be valid, there are barely any games using that much cpu power. You could theoretically go with an i5 6600k

IndigoHawkins December 30, 2015 at 4:12 PM UTC

1 core?
No offence, but what are you on?
If it weren't for the hyperthreading on the i3, it wouldn't run half of the games on the market.
And you can easily overclock the 5960X to around 4.9GHz... maybe even 5GHz

But again, this guy has the money, why not get the best components so he won't have to waste any more 'mula' in the future?

IndigoHawkins December 30, 2015 at 4:12 PM UTC

2) 8*3ghz =/= 24ghz
3) with that cooler you can easily reach 4 ghz on those 8 cores. I got 4.4 ghz stable on my 5820k with a similar sized cooler
4) even if all the points above wouldn't be valid, there are barely any games using that much cpu power. You could theoretically go with an i5 6600k
You can go with a 6600k, but wouldn't it make more sense to buy the BEST components that you can afford now? That way, it will be more beneficial in the future...

zero9178 December 30, 2015 at 4:12 PM UTC

You can go with a 6600k, but wouldn't it make more sense to buy the BEST components that you can afford now? That way, it will be more beneficial in the future...
I was just saying that theoretically it would be good enough. I would also go with an 5960X in this case

Sevoo December 30, 2015 at 5:12 PM UTC

2) 8*3ghz =/= 24ghz
Ah, forgot about over clocking. Silly me >.<

XxZalphinoxX December 31, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

Streaming

Blue/Black

I have a gaming mouse, headset already. Just need a keyboard

Games I play-

GTA V
GTA IV
SAINTS ROW 4
SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD
CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 4
CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 3
CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2
CALL OF DUTY ADVANCED WARFARE
CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS
SKATE 3

More, just can't name them all because myspacebarbrokedown

But you get the point, violence.

Clicking sound doesn't matter one bit, but soft would be better

I live in Singapore (I can order parts)

Ok, I'm somewhat knowledgeable with PC's. I know what CPU's are, I am extremely familiar with windows 10. I know how to take them apart to change the CPU and RAM.

Sevoo December 31, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

Guys, he lives in Singapore. There's no way he's going to be able to afford these things ;-;

EDIT: ok wait, 4000k CAD is 80$ more in Singapore, so nvm

XxZalphinoxX December 31, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

XD, Don't worry

I have relatives all over the world, I can pay them to get it for me.

Sevoo December 31, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/SevoPC/saved/#view=JHJLrH

Had to make some adjustments to 25's build to fit his budget. changed the mobo, RAM and Case. Took a GPU off and it's still around 100$ more than his budget >,<

JephKaplan December 31, 2015 at 7:12 AM UTC

i use my 10k gaming ceiling fan

DaFrozenBlaze December 31, 2015 at 7:12 AM UTC

Hi fellow Singaporean

XxZalphinoxX December 31, 2015 at 10:12 AM UTC

Hellooo but i'm not singaporean i just live there xD

DaFrozenBlaze December 31, 2015 at 10:12 AM UTC

Hellooo but i'm not singaporean i just live there xD
Hi fellow person who lives in Singapore

TurkishDelite December 31, 2015 at 6:12 PM UTC

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/SevoPC/saved/#view=JHJLrH

Had to make some adjustments to 25's build to fit his budget. changed the mobo, RAM and Case. Took a GPU off and it's still around 100$ more than his budget >,<
Do you think you could do a list for me to? If so
im Australian
i would prefer Windows 8
the only peripherals I need is headphones 
I play Call of duty csgo and Minecraft
i probably won't record for YouTube but probably record little stuff 
and my budget would be around 1500 - 2000 whatever the best value for performance
also happy new year :^)

Sevoo December 31, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

Do you think you could do a list for me to? If so
im Australian
i would prefer Windows 8
the only peripherals I need is headphones 
I play Call of duty csgo and Minecraft
i probably won't record for YouTube but probably record little stuff 
and my budget would be around 1500 - 2000 whatever the best value for performance
also happy new year :^)
Ok then.

Tell me if you want a specific colour theme and what you looking for in headphones.

I would honestly go with the HyperX Cloud 2 or Cloud 1 if you don't need a simulate of 7.1 Surround, I have them and they are amazing. They come in red/black, grey/black and white/pink. The Cloud 1s come in white/black, red/black and a styled kind of thing they created in collaboration with a designer clothes company.

Wahiz December 31, 2015 at 10:12 PM UTC

Haswell? 3 years old?

Such as this:
Have fun building!
HOLY FUCK THAT IS A SICK BUILD

Sevoo December 31, 2015 at 11:12 PM UTC

HOLY FUCK THAT IS A SICK BUILD
It's like 2000$ more than his budget xD I agree though nice build.

TurkishDelite January 1, 2016 at 2:01 AM UTC

Ok then.

Tell me if you want a specific colour theme and what you looking for in headphones.

I would honestly go with the HyperX Cloud 2 or Cloud 1 if you don't need a simulate of 7.1 Surround, I have them and they are amazing. They come in red/black, grey/black and white/pink. The Cloud 1s come in white/black, red/black and a styled kind of thing they created in collaboration with a designer clothes company.
I would prefer a white theme and just headphones that have a great mic quality and build

Sevoo January 1, 2016 at 3:01 AM UTC

I would prefer a white theme and just headphones that have a great mic quality and build
Ok then, I'll have th build ready in a few hours once I have the time :)

TurkishDelite January 1, 2016 at 3:01 AM UTC

Ok then, I'll have th build ready in a few hours once I have the time :)
ok cool ^-^

Sevoo January 1, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

Okay here it is. Has an i7 4790K paired with a GTX 980. 120 GB SSD and a 1 TB WD HDD, still the best value storage pair in my opinion. Also has a white case from NZXT (I recommend getting LEDs to make it look a lot cooler). Has an air cooler, since I don't think you'd need to overclock. If you want extra performance in the future instead of upgrading just get a good water cooler and overclock. Made space for the headset I recommend the most, and since you wanted a white build the HyperX Cloud was an amazing choice as it looks incredible in white and black, has great sound and build quality as well as comfort. The microphone is detachable and is very good for Skype or TS, but I would get a separate microphone for recording or live streaming. Nice motherboard, can't really go much cheaper without sacrificing some good features, and does not clash with your themed build. 8 GB of RAM since you won't need more and is also white. The power supply is the one thing I had to go a little off plan because I wanted something that was modular so the ketchup and mustard cables didn't clash with the white theme, but was unable to because of heavy prices on them. You could always put someone mesh or paper over the cables though, and it would still look alright. Overall I'm pretty proud with this build and I can safely guarantee you a lag free experience. I wish you the best of luck with your build c=.

-Sincerely, Sevo.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/SevoPC/saved/#view=DjhQzy

PS: Happy new year! 28 minutes to go here in Canada!

IndigoHawkins January 1, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

Okay here it is. Has an i7 4790K paired with a GTX 980. 120 GB SSD and a 1 TB WD HDD, still the best value storage pair in my opinion. Also has a white case from NZXT (I recommend getting LEDs to make it look a lot cooler). Has an air cooler, since I don't think you'd need to overclock. If you want extra performance in the future instead of upgrading just get a good water cooler and overclock. Made space for the headset I recommend the most, and since you wanted a white build the HyperX Cloud was an amazing choice as it looks incredible in white and black, has great sound and build quality as well as comfort. The microphone is detachable and is very good for Skype or TS, but I would get a separate microphone for recording or live streaming. Nice motherboard, can't really go much cheaper without sacrificing some good features, and does not clash with your themed build. 8 GB of RAM since you won't need more and is also white. The power supply is the one thing I had to go a little off plan because I wanted something that was modular so the ketchup and mustard cables didn't clash with the white theme, but was unable to because of heavy prices on them. You could always put someone mesh or paper over the cables though, and it would still look alright. Overall I'm pretty proud with this build and I can safely guarantee you a lag free experience. I wish you the best of luck with your build c=.

-Sincerely, Sevo.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/SevoPC/saved/#view=DjhQzy

PS: Happy new year! 28 minutes to go here in Canada!
Replace the SSD and Motherboard, and it will be good.

Sevoo January 1, 2016 at 5:01 AM UTC

Replace the SSD and Motherboard, and it will be good.
Why? I have the same SSD and mobo and they work really well and are really good for the price. Yes, the SSD isn't that fast but definitely worth it for 60$ and the motherboard is fine.