Avicus Archive

Minecraft 1.9: combat update !!! by zero9178 April 1, 2015 at 1:04 PM UTC

Mojang secretly announced the theme of the 1.9 update in the april fools update. 
If you go into a snow biome build a big enough platform and let it snow you will get a qr code. If you scan it you will get to a website saying 1.9 combat update. THIS IS NOT A APRIL FOOL

Legoche April 1, 2015 at 1:04 PM UTC

this makes me cry, if Mojang do anything bad to the pvp system, I will hide in the cupboard and cry like a baby

ProfessorUtonium April 1, 2015 at 1:04 PM UTC

this makes me cry, if Mojang do anything bad to the pvp system, I will hide in the cupboard and cry like a baby
+1

i can see duel wielding and more bows coming on(or different types of weapons)

Atdit April 1, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

I'm sure Kylo won't update the server then x)

BelgiumWaffles April 1, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

here comes the end of minecraft for me :( i knew they would do it some day1.8.3 forever for me now

Trexychan April 1, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

I could care less what happened. Any version beyond 1,8 is shit to me anyway...

BourbonBonobo April 1, 2015 at 3:04 PM UTC

Honestly, different weapons sound pretty darn awesome!

QFrog April 1, 2015 at 4:04 PM UTC

well 1.9 will ruin pvp, every update to combat in the past has been bad. gg

BelgiumWaffles April 1, 2015 at 4:04 PM UTC

well 1.9 will ruin pvp, every update to combat in the past has been bad. gg
i know right pfffff

BelgiumWaffles April 1, 2015 at 4:04 PM UTC

there are squits flying in the air 
tiny hearts are coming out the water
and some other weird stuff

Pelpelajax April 1, 2015 at 4:04 PM UTC

there are squits flying in the air 
tiny hearts are coming out the water
and some other weird stuff
That's an april's fool joke.

BelgiumWaffles April 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

That's an april's fool joke.
the combat update to ?

Notalgicular April 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

minecraft pvp got fucking after 1.3 and thats the only decent thing about minecraft

i also fair that buddy

minecraft pvp got fucking after 1.3 and thats the only decent thing about minecraft
what did they change then?

Notalgicular April 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

what did they change then?
they changed sprint

Legoche April 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

Its not a joke:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/311cyh/a_qr_code_hidden_in_the_snow_leads_to_19/cpxo2e6

Yes it is real dinnerbone

Ronloyd April 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

no s**t

Pelpelajax April 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

the combat update to ?
From what I can tell, it isn't.

rikkd April 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

Wow cool when did they make it?

Galrandir April 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

Nice...

Galrandir April 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

I'm already annoyed that they've removed block hitting :( now there's a COMBAT update coming up!!!??? I don't know what to expect... What do you guys think....?

Legoche April 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

I'm already annoyed that they've removed block hitting :( now there's a COMBAT update coming up!!!??? I don't know what to expect... What do you guys think....?
I dont want to think about it D:

AstroPizza April 1, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

*Mojangs office* what can we do to make minecraft pvp great?

*worker* Remove swords?
*Boss* Great idea! Ok get coding , slaves!

Best update confirmed.

Myv April 1, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

Can I actually do this?

Myv April 1, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

It doesnt work... can somebody tell me how to find the code?

ProfessorUtonium April 1, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Can I actually do this?
I did it. It showed it was "minecraft 1.9 combat update" ill post a pic

ProfessorUtonium April 1, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

http://m.imgur.com/rFzBVfQ

when I scanned it this showed up

SavageAmericans April 1, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Guys stop hating on Mojang because they know if they do anything stupid Minecraft is going to go down in popularity...

goldenwalrus909 April 1, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

Guys stop hating on Mojang because they know if they do anything stupid Minecraft is going to go down in popularity...
It might be stupid for us, but not for other, less-experienced players, making it pretty nerve-racking ;-;

Beyo April 3, 2015 at 8:04 AM UTC

they did do some thing bad to pvp in 1.8  like removing block hit and lots of other stuff

Beyo April 3, 2015 at 8:04 AM UTC

and i think if they will do a pvp update or they will get block hit back or they will do pvp more horrible and destroy it becuse they whant it to be cool like they did with block hit

EndiMC April 3, 2015 at 9:04 AM UTC

whats the adress it takes you to then?

Notalgicular April 3, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

inb4 they add guns

Beyo April 3, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

add guns xd minecraft pvp will be more ruined

_DC April 4, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

Can minecraft PVP be made any worse though?

Dyspa April 4, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

I can deal with this as long as they release an OF version fast.

Newcleus April 4, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

Minecraft: Black Ops 2

BoldAndBrash April 4, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

Emerald tools maybe?! PLEASE?!

Different types of attacks maybe?

San_David April 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

To all of the people badmouthing the upcoming update...

http://media-minecraftforum.cursecdn.com/attachments/99/942/db19.PNG

There's also a Reddit post made by Dinnerbone: http://www.reddit.com/r/minecraftsuggestions/comments/31v7i7/what_is_minecraft_combat_to_you_how_can...

badgg April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

YES, MAYBE AW???

Vobaseball12 April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

To all of the people badmouthing the upcoming update...

http://media-minecraftforum.cursecdn.com/attachments/99/942/db19.PNG

There's also a Reddit post made by Dinnerbone: http://www.reddit.com/r/minecraftsuggestions/comments/31v7i7/what_is_minecraft_combat_to_you_how_can...
That reddit thread had soooo many bad ideas. Just fix the pvp back to what it was in 1.7 with the blockhitting, and better hit detection. Simple.

HitByADagger April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

It might be stupid for us, but not for other, less-experienced players, making it pretty nerve-racking ;-;
i love you dude xDD i told you avicus players are the less-experienced players and you keep saying others are this guy xDD

DonaldMyTrump April 29, 2015 at 3:04 AM UTC

Hey, I had and idea and this forums post isn't irrelevant or really that old, so don't consider this a spam bump. I think that the combat updates will mostly come to horse pvp. I believe that mojang is unsatisfied with the melee combat system for horsemen and will be adding either a new weapon that helps with horse pvp or a new system that makes horse melee more effective.

Jahaj April 29, 2015 at 3:04 AM UTC

Hey, I had and idea and this forums post isn't irrelevant or really that old, so don't consider this a spam bump. I think that the combat updates will mostly come to horse pvp. I believe that mojang is unsatisfied with the melee combat system for horsemen and will be adding either a new weapon that helps with horse pvp or a new system that makes horse melee more effective.
Also a revamp of the boss system!

iiDarudePvP May 1, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

God. They will RUIN PVP! Add so many useless weapons and hopefully.. My nightmares.. Not guns

Vobaseball12 May 1, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

Minecraft: Black Ops 3? :o

Petlas May 1, 2015 at 9:05 AM UTC

God. They will RUIN PVP! Add so many useless weapons and hopefully.. My nightmares.. Not guns
Adding guns to minecraft would be equivalent to adding cars. Mojang have done a good job keeping this game as traditional as possible so far, so I trust them to keep it that way for a while longer.

SavageAmericans May 1, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

Adding guns to minecraft would be equivalent to adding cars. Mojang have done a good job keeping this game as traditional as possible so far, so I trust them to keep it that way for a while longer.
That is true and although some people may suggest some stupid things, Mojang(most likely) will not do anything stupid.

Okiba May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

If PvP is ruined I'm gonna bomb mojang ;)

WhoIsDestiny May 4, 2015 at 2:05 PM UTC

credits to hypixel