Avicus Archive

Which Java? 3; by zdq March 25, 2015 at 8:03 PM UTC

I play Minecraft on 1.8, do you recommend I have Java 64 bit and 32 bit? Can you give me a link as where to find the right one? :)

_Phyre March 25, 2015 at 8:03 PM UTC

Java 64bit (1.7.0_5)

http://java.com/en/download/windows-64bit.jsp

Atdit March 25, 2015 at 8:03 PM UTC

If you play 1.8, I suggest Java 1.8. But if you play 1.7 then use Java 1.7

And don't forget this rule: If you want to play with Minecraft Forge, ALWAYS use Java 1.7 or it won't load your FML.

Jahaj March 25, 2015 at 9:03 PM UTC

Use the launcher that doesn't need java.

Emmaye March 25, 2015 at 10:03 PM UTC

That just downgrades the performance of the game i.e. FPS, Other Settings

Jahaj March 25, 2015 at 10:03 PM UTC

That just downgrades the performance of the game i.e. FPS, Other Settings
Well it doesn't for me, I get more fps with the non-java version. I believe there was a forum post about this before, too.

Emmaye March 25, 2015 at 10:03 PM UTC

Well it doesn't for me, I get more fps with the non-java version. I believe there was a forum post about this before, too.
I had the discussion with someone else, and are you talking about 1.5 ► New Formatted Launcher? If not then I was talking about something else.

Jahaj March 25, 2015 at 10:03 PM UTC

I had the discussion with someone else, and are you talking about 1.5 ► New Formatted Launcher? If not then I was talking about something else.
Well when I said "we" I meant the community on another forum post. I guess it's the new launcher. What were you talking about?

Anyway this article describes how to download the Java free version:
http://www.howtogeek.com/210907/minecraft-doesnt-need-java-installed-anymore-its-time-to-remove-it/

Atdit March 25, 2015 at 10:03 PM UTC

It always hurts me if I see people around telling shit to other. Java is needed to play Minecraft. If you install it, or if it is being installed automatically by the launcher.

I think Mojang/Microsoft changed this because 7 years old kids don't get how they can install Java by theirself... I guess they think it is a virus lol

Jahaj March 25, 2015 at 11:03 PM UTC

It always hurts me if I see people around telling shit to other. Java is needed to play Minecraft. If you install it, or if it is being installed automatically by the launcher.

I think Mojang/Microsoft changed this because 7 years old kids don't get how they can install Java by theirself... I guess they think it is a virus lol
I know it is needed but without having it system-wide, just on minecraft, it reduces the security threats system-wide java faces.