Avicus Archive

Important. by MLGtino May 13, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj9Zis5Nmtg
If you have 15 minutes free, please watch this video. Everything in this video applies to MC as well. This is a good way to educate you whether you think you need it or not on this issue. I want to hear you comments on sportsmanship as well.

Lavish May 13, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

This definitely applies to MC, it is unfortunate.

BoldAndBrash May 13, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

Too bad it'll never end

EchoB May 13, 2015 at 5:05 AM UTC

ye this applies to mc and even sports which is sad :/

RightSide May 13, 2015 at 5:05 AM UTC

It is everything is changing :/.

Puysegur May 13, 2015 at 5:05 AM UTC

PREACH SISTA

When something is primarily populated by the youngins', all hope is lost. Just staring at the screen like 

DaFrozenBlaze May 13, 2015 at 10:05 AM UTC

Was playing Showdown and there were these annoying people who mocked me if I did something right, or hate on me for doing something wrong. They even tried to coax me into using the wrong moves. People these days, no respect

ClubberNugget May 13, 2015 at 12:05 PM UTC

Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?

Yeah people feel so good about themselves when they say "eZ," or" you suck" and it Is sickening, I mean come on, grow up.

DaGoldBrick May 13, 2015 at 12:05 PM UTC

Js, Verlisify is THE toxin of the pokemon community.

Precise_ May 13, 2015 at 2:05 PM UTC

Well Glad someone is enjoying the apocalypse.

BmB May 13, 2015 at 2:05 PM UTC

I hate to be that cynical who thinks he's swag and all but get over it. 

Like there is always going to be a toxic side to any community especially one as varied as minecraft i mean we have adults all the way to 6 year olds, people from all over the world, all different races and ethnicities, what do you expect? Everyone to get along well and be chums? 

The thing about "I win you suck" is that it catches on so quick, one guy does it so the next guy feels like he has to do it etc... There is no way to get around this so deal with it.

MLGtino May 13, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

I hate to be that cynical who thinks he's swag and all but get over it. 

Like there is always going to be a toxic side to any community especially one as varied as minecraft i mean we have adults all the way to 6 year olds, people from all over the world, all different races and ethnicities, what do you expect? Everyone to get along well and be chums? 

The thing about "I win you suck" is that it catches on so quick, one guy does it so the next guy feels like he has to do it etc... There is no way to get around this so deal with it.
I'm not telling them I'm telling you. The point is to educate and not solve a worldwide issue with one forum post.

DaGoldBrick May 13, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

I'm not telling them I'm telling you. The point is to educate and not solve a worldwide issue with one forum post.
Well it would've been nice of someone other than Verlisify made this video, being in contact with bigger pokemon youtubers at the time I played it, this guy was like the ComboDombo of pokemon.

MLGtino May 13, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

Well it would've been nice of someone other than Verlisify made this video, being in contact with bigger pokemon youtubers at the time I played it, this guy was like the ComboDombo of pokemon.
never seen anyone else besides him cover this topic.

PieZ May 13, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

In all honesty I find in tournaments, teams act better. Pub is pretty bad on every server. Badlion and Kohi has gotten to the point where I had to turn my chat off to enjoy those servers because people get very angry on how I pvp[I might bow spam a bit]

cinammoncroc000 May 13, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

I saw this on Showdown. It's definitely a big issue in Minecraft as well, and almost all competitive games that are accessible to many people.

However, I think it's best to look on the bright side of things - there are many people in Minecraft and other games who are still respectful, and others who genuinely have a good time with friends and strangers. It just so happens that negativity sticks out, especially in a place like the Internet and in games.

kycrafft May 13, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

I feel like the mindset of "Oh you lost, you must be shit" has gone a little too far. People generally use the term "rekt" when they...well rek someone in MC, but it's gotten to the point where people have said "Rekt" to me after a 3v1. Even in the most stupid circumstances, people seem to have to justify their win by saying other poeole suck. You just 3v1'ed me. And that makes ME bad?

MidnightBeats May 14, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

I saw this on Showdown. It's definitely a big issue in Minecraft as well, and almost all competitive games that are accessible to many people.

However, I think it's best to look on the bright side of things - there are many people in Minecraft and other games who are still respectful, and others who genuinely have a good time with friends and strangers. It just so happens that negativity sticks out, especially in a place like the Internet and in games.
showdown

omg

it's absolutely crazy there

Afr0 May 14, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

This immature "I win You Suck" thought process certainly exists, but it is unwise and biased to assume the opposite does not occur.  After a really close fight on Kohi when I beat someone, I'll be sure to let them know: "Hey you were really good lol".  If, during a game of Left 4 Dead 2 Scavenge the timer comes down to a few seconds but the enemy team gets the can in, most of the time they will say gg first, and it's a mutual understanding that both teams played great (unless the game consisted of intentional f***ing around).

I think the immature mindset is mainly portrayed by younger players; as they mature they will likely acknowledge the other team's strengths if they are worthy.

MLGtino May 14, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

This immature "I win You Suck" thought process certainly exists, but it is unwise and biased to assume the opposite does not occur.  After a really close fight on Kohi when I beat someone, I'll be sure to let them know: "Hey you were really good lol".  If, during a game of Left 4 Dead 2 Scavenge the timer comes down to a few seconds but the enemy team gets the can in, most of the time they will say gg first, and it's a mutual understanding that both teams played great (unless the game consisted of intentional f***ing around).

I think the immature mindset is mainly portrayed by younger players; as they mature they will likely acknowledge the other team's strengths if they are worthy.
I think that's true, you're right. However my overall worry is that the portion of individuals that believe in good sportsmanship will diminish over time. Also what he said is that the game of Pokemon was created targeting children, respectively. It's supposed to be a fun and enjoyable game. Putting in those sort of comments ruins the experience for people who think differently. It's like déjà vu with MC. The same situation. People getting angry or frustrated over a block game doesn't really make sense in my eyes. Games are created for fun and people should be able to feel that way.