Avicus Archive

Avicus Prestige Results (42) opinions by XtraMajestical January 8, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

Here is a small idea as to what the community believes about re implementing the prestige feature.

So overall from this i believe the community would want this system re-adding as it gives a purpose for players to stay online, therefore raising the player count. It is something to work for in my opinion it would defiantly make me want to play more in order to rank up!
---
Here are the specific updated results with everyone's opinions aswell:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mT5IPY8lnqZ8yIdMteyJN2RXslrqJaOY4IArvDnJ770/edit?usp=sharing (live results)
Screenshot: 

kon333 January 8, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

I cant remember the prestige feature, what was it?

kycrafft January 8, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

That's kind of a small sample size, but I do think that it wouldn't hurt to have it back.

kycrafft January 8, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

I cant remember the prestige feature, what was it?

Before credits, kills, wins, and objectives gave XP. Once level 50 was reached, you could do /prestige to get a badge

Sevoo January 8, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

Prestige motivates people to play a lot more than credits.

kon333 January 8, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

Before credits, kills, wins, and objectives gave XP. Once level 50 was reached, you could do /prestige to get a badge
Oh ok that doesn't sound bad then, is there a bonus on XP just like credits for people with ranks though?

kycrafft January 8, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

Oh ok that doesn't sound bad then, is there a bonus on XP just like credits for people with ranks though?
Yes, the same 1.5x, 2x, and 2.5x bonus applied to XP. Though it is a nice perk for premium users, I hated getting passed in the XP leaderboards by every diamond and emerald user (this was before I had temp gold).

TheColdCrafter January 8, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

Prestige motivates people to play a lot more than credits.
^^^ this for sure.

Glitchaye January 8, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

I never understood what was so hard about having prestiges and credits at once, if making new prestiges was so hard (I dont remember it taking too long for 10 more to be added) just make it infinite or cap it off, easy as that

Myworld6 January 8, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

I think the official statement is that Keenan does not, is unwilling to and thus will not bring back prestiges, due to the fact that adding new badges and prestiges would take a considerable amount of time to implement. 

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger!

Legoche January 8, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

I never understood what was so hard about having prestiges and credits at once, if making new prestiges was so hard (I dont remember it taking too long for 10 more to be added) just make it infinite or cap it off, easy as that
Or make prestige seasons, and reset prestiges every 3 months or so

profbananaslug January 8, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

just make a set amount of prestiges, use like a quartic or quintic curve to decide amount of experience so that they get expensive fast, and if anyone gets to last prestige, tell them to go outside for the love of god

Glitchaye January 8, 2017 at 11:01 PM UTC

Thatd actually be a good idea, have a leaderboard or a total on your profile to show total xp across all seasons

benaye January 9, 2017 at 2:01 AM UTC

Thatd actually be a good idea, have a leaderboard or a total on your profile to show total xp across all seasons
This is a fantastic idea and would give Avicus players something to look forwards too seeing as some people who aren't usually the best players (or don't sweat) could potentially have a chance to be on the leaderboards. Not to mention the player count would probably explode.

hasl January 9, 2017 at 7:01 AM UTC

Please have the seasons idea

Lokigh January 9, 2017 at 8:01 AM UTC

Seasons idea would be amazing please please

Posighdun January 9, 2017 at 8:01 AM UTC

I'll see what I can do, no promises though. I'll atleast bring it up with him and we'll see what he says.

SamuelJacob9 January 9, 2017 at 9:01 AM UTC

Whoever has the most XP or the highest prestige wins a prize or something idk xd

kycrafft January 9, 2017 at 9:01 AM UTC

Whoever has the most XP or the highest prestige wins a prize or something idk xd
They win Map Dev for a month!

AtditC January 9, 2017 at 11:01 AM UTC

I'll see what I can do, no promises though. I'll atleast bring it up with him and we'll see what he says.
The Nebula Shop too? c;

cellish January 9, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

Hope this gets added back :)

shadowolfyt January 9, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

In my opinion, I really hope they get added back. When I first got on Avicus I remember the leveling/prestige system and I didn't play Avicus with it for long (about a week or 2, then I left for like a year) it was good and really does bring in some competition and something 'to work towards to'.

XtraMajestical January 9, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

An i idea for if the devs dont want to keep adding them is for it work like points? Like you need to be consistently good to enter a specific league / badge and if you die you lose points and if you get mon or kills u gain points, and when you enter the next league you get a better badge?

Lasuz January 9, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

An i idea for if the devs dont want to keep adding them is for it work like points? Like you need to be consistently good to enter a specific league / badge and if you die you lose points and if you get mon or kills u gain points, and when you enter the next league you get a better badge?
This sounds better than prestige!

cellish January 9, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

yeyeyeyye leagues instead :D
+1110119907q64079562w034726540968720597693402564

dev_revs January 9, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

This would bring some player count back, unlike gamemodes.

yummys January 10, 2017 at 2:01 AM UTC

I loved the prestige feature. I feel like when it was still used that their were more people on. I know it definitely made me play a lot more because I wanted to level up so I could prestige. I personally think it was a great feature and it should be added back.

benaye January 10, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

They win Map Dev for a month!
If Geor was here he'd be happy.

Acceqted January 10, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

+1 for seasons idea

Add an extra leaderboard for it^

keller183 January 11, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

this is a good idea, screw that seasons shit this ain't laglion

flyofff January 11, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

Just simple prestige system pls. You get 50 prestige levels then /prestige that's all.

Goodnighht January 12, 2017 at 2:01 AM UTC

I'm not so sure about the seasons. At least not every 3 months. It can take a while to get even just one Prestige. I feel like it would push people away if they almost got to one then it reset. Sure, for the people that play a lot, and are really good, they could Prestige fairly quick, but 3 months is maybe enough to Prestige twice. I wouldn't mind it like every year(?) Or just add more as time goes on. It can't be that hard to find a little symbol and put it in a line of code. Or even just make the Prestige a number, keep badges, Credits, the shop, and everything else. If it's a number then it could be infinite (I assume) and there's no reason to reset it.

keller183 January 12, 2017 at 2:01 PM UTC

I'm not so sure about the seasons. At least not every 3 months. It can take a while to get even just one Prestige. I feel like it would push people away if they almost got to one then it reset. Sure, for the people that play a lot, and are really good, they could Prestige fairly quick, but 3 months is maybe enough to Prestige twice. I wouldn't mind it like every year(?) Or just add more as time goes on. It can't be that hard to find a little symbol and put it in a line of code. Or even just make the Prestige a number, keep badges, Credits, the shop, and everything else. If it's a number then it could be infinite (I assume) and there's no reason to reset it.
This is cool there could be a set color for prestiges and like have somethin like *# or similar rather just an icon

Verybadsorry January 12, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

u have just started a mineman revelation of competitive mineman pvp r u proud

Legoche January 12, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

u have just started a mineman revelation of competitive mineman pvp r u proud
no because alm told me it'll never happen