Avicus Archive

Computer specs. help by vignesh2002 January 20, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

Hi

Im getting a new computer  and it is a "all in one" computer is Intel Celeron J1800 processor,  2.41 GHz, 1MB Cashe. Is it ok for Minecraft and steam games? If so how many frames will I get for Minecraft?

THANKS!

Rainstruck January 20, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

Hi I would love to help you out with your computer. I would need to know a couple more specs about your computer like the amount of RAM it has and also the graphics card that it has so if you could supply me with that info i would be glad to help!!

JohnYoYo9 January 21, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

The Celeron j1800, is decent for gaming, it's however sorry to say but it's cheap. The Celeron will be fine for Minecraft but I cannot speak for other games, I suggest you look for something that is of higher quality but refurbished for a good price. If you'd like a comparison of it with another CPU visit http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Low-cost-CPU-Duel-Sempron-2650-vs-Celeron-J1800-Review/1884/4 Specs will be listed and explained. 

I also believe that it is not upgradable as well.

Edit: Cannot determine the amount of frames just from experience but I'd give you a range of 25-60 (or slightly higher) and you can always use Optifine to slightly increase that.

vignesh2002 January 24, 2015 at 3:01 PM UTC

Ok cool thanks!

Spartemex January 24, 2015 at 3:01 PM UTC

intel Celerons are kinda basic, but minecraft doesnt require much :D I play steam games and MC fine with an intel i3, which is a step above the Celeron, so you might want to look at that.

_Phyre January 31, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

Sorry for the bump, just trying to help :P

Depends on:
Your motherboard
Your power supply
Your ram

If you have:
A motherboard that can support a AM3+ Mother board
A 100Watt power supply to suppor the CPU
and at least 8GB of ram
Go with the "AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Processor"

Pretty outstanding for gaming 80$ and can last a long time, if you need more Umph I guess, go with an AMD FX-6000+ or something. Intel is just more stable but costs more. From my knowledge this CPU is equivalent to an Intel core i3-4370?
Again just trying to help, sorry for the bump :P

EchoB January 31, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

Better GPU = Better performance, simple as that (provided you don't have a really bad CPU)

_Phyre January 31, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

Better GPU = Better performance, simple as that (provided you don't have a really bad CPU)
Well it depends if you render alot and do that type of work, then just go with a 6 core CPU :P

JUBBINATOR January 31, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

Well it depends if you render alot and do that type of work, then just go with a 6 core CPU :P
What?

_Phyre January 31, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

What?
If you use programs such as
Sony vegas, and you put a lot of effects and color corrections on it, your CPU will be heavily beaten up...
So it its better to have a 6-core for rendering, but a 4 core will do nicely ;)

BelgiumWaffles February 2, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

Do u mean with steam games tf2 and cs go? Then this pc would run them ok

ViolentBoo February 2, 2015 at 11:02 PM UTC

Garbage. At least have an A6 series apu the faq.

_Phyre February 2, 2015 at 11:02 PM UTC

Garbage. At least have an A6 series apu the faq.
FX-4300 m9

ViolentBoo February 3, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

FX-4300 m9
What about it.

vignesh2002 February 21, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

Hey guys sorry that it has been and while so here are more info.

ViolentBoo February 21, 2015 at 4:02 PM UTC

Don't even bother with it, just save up a little more for a better pc.

RightSide February 21, 2015 at 5:02 PM UTC

The possessor is ok if you just want to play minecraft and it to be playable you might get average (Not for sure) maybe 30fps ,but if your looking to get higher like in the 60fps go for on of the i3 or i5. Or for extreme gaming go for i7 . You can always dedicate more ram to get better fps !

_Phyre February 21, 2015 at 6:02 PM UTC

The possessor is ok if you just want to play minecraft and it to be playable you might get average (Not for sure) maybe 30fps ,but if your looking to get higher like in the 60fps go for on of the i3 or i5. Or for extreme gaming go for i7 . You can always dedicate more ram to get better fps !
For gaming, you dont even need an i7.. an i5 4690k is fine... and its cheaper..

The_Detonator_ February 21, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

That's not how computers work in the 21st century.

The_Detonator_ February 21, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

What are your uses and how much are you willing to spend?

LuvSomi February 21, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

For gaming, you dont even need an i7.. an i5 4690k is fine... and its cheaper..
finally someone who isnt a noob

hey do u have skype

_Phyre February 21, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

finally someone who isnt a noob

hey do u have skype
yes...

LuvSomi February 21, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

yes...
u should give it to me

_Phyre February 21, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

I know you're not that good, but let me explain.

You need more Ram when you ACTUALLY need it.. There is no point in dedicating more Ram, when you're using like 500 MB... Add more ram, Doesn't work...

Same goes for VRAM, "OHH LET ME BUY THIS GTX 970 WITH 3.5 GB OF VRAM, ILL GET SO MUCH FPS", sorry, no.

The thing about Ram & VRam, is that, your PC uses it when its actually NEEDED. For example, when you're rendering, 8GB Is Fine for todays computers, Just have all background programs closed, and you'll have about 5GB of Ram to spare (My OS uses 3.2GB).. 

And Adding "ram" won't increase Rendering speed, It'll just increase the chances of it being rendered better... (ex:) When you render a video, lets say in After effects, you got all of them Effects going... And you spent TONS of money for 32GB of Ram. For rendering 32GB Is way more than you need unless you run TONS of background programs...

Welp, thats my explanation

LuvSomi February 21, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

yes...
plssss

_Phyre February 21, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

plssss
vsplesk.chat.mc ...