Avicus Archive

How's school going? (Discussion) by Jake41901 September 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

Hola!

So for a lot of you, Summer vacation has just come to a close and school has started up again. On that note, many retired Avicus veterans, or even just some players in general have decided to take some time off of the game and focus more on their grades in school. I've seen plenty of those kinds of posts in the past, and they are still being made as of now. But I've come to notice something. We haven't really gotten much of an update, as to how their decision to take time off of Avicus; or computer games in general, has affected their life.

So I'm making this post to hear from all of you, whether you took time off or not, to see how everyone's doing in school. Just remember that your education in school will guide you through the rest of your life, so make the most of it now. 

Straying from that, school started for me last week. And in all honesty, it hasn't been as bad as I thought. Classes are tough, but they're a lot more engaging than the required classes I had to take last year. So I think that kind of makes up for it.

What about you?

-Jake

iDiamondPorkchop September 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

i got 4 projects in the first week

keller183 September 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

10th biology and math 2 are ew
 the rest are oke

Subscriptor September 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

school is terrible in general, this year its even worse. i only enjoy sports and math lessons, and being with friends everything else is soooooo bad.

DaFrozenBlaze September 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

My end of year exams are coming ;-;

Robin_DD_J September 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

school is terrible in general, this year its even worse. i only enjoy sports and math lessons, and being with friends everything else is soooooo bad.
What's friends?

Howsie September 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

^

AIDSquirt September 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

School is going.... sadly

Milki September 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

Apparently our Physics class is bad at estimating the size of Manhattan and really damn good at estimating the number of piano tuners in Chicago.

Iron September 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

I have realized I have to start trying now.

fazer153 September 14, 2015 at 4:09 PM UTC

It's kicking my ass

GrapeSmoothie September 14, 2015 at 4:09 PM UTC

Well I just started my freshman year of high school and so far it isn't that bad. So far I have had several projects and test. Currently as an elective I have tech drafting and in the future architectural design hopefully. All of my teachers are decent well at least some of them and so far, but other than that it's going just fine.

Jake41901 September 14, 2015 at 4:09 PM UTC

My end of year exams are coming ;-;
Those are stressful. Make sure to study up, and you'll pass. I hate studying, but it does pay off in the end.

HentieSenpai September 14, 2015 at 5:09 PM UTC

I can't go to school because of a registration problem, so I missed the first week, probably going to miss the second =/

Spoookeh September 14, 2015 at 5:09 PM UTC

GCSE's are tough, I can feel that already.
First week and already an essay in English and History.
Graphics is my only fun subject which means I have something to look forward to each week (and rugby)

Rainstruck September 14, 2015 at 6:09 PM UTC

College LYFE is the best lyfe

ViceTechnicolour September 14, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

my counselor gave me the wrong class for a week

FrozenSolstice September 14, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

*Does a happy dance*

HOLIDAAAAAAYS!

Vobaseball12 September 14, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Well I just started my freshman year of high school and so far it isn't that bad. So far I have had several projects and test. Currently as an elective I have tech drafting and in the future architectural design hopefully. All of my teachers are decent well at least some of them and so far, but other than that it's going just fine.
Architectural Design....Nice! What are your favorite buildings to design/what is your favorite type of building?

Glitchaye September 14, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Nice fucking font

RIP_Avicus September 14, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Boring.

BoldAndBrash September 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Decent. Although, I'm 2 or 3 weeks in and I'm still unorganized as hell. Math is better than last year, lunch is later than last year, PE is still the same old fun shit, and everything else is just the same as last year.

GrapeSmoothie September 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Architectural Design....Nice! What are your favorite buildings to design/what is your favorite type of building?
Atm I want to learn to design office building & Houses xD

PieZ September 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Last year of highschool and only 6 courses this year

Numberz_ September 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

For some reason it seemed like a great idea to take two university prep history classes. Fml

Tazz September 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

GCSE's are tough, I can feel that already.
First week and already an essay in English and History.
Graphics is my only fun subject which means I have something to look forward to each week (and rugby)
Why the fuck would you pick History and not expect to write essay XD

Spoookeh September 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Why the fuck would you pick History and not expect to write essay XD
I knew I'd be writing a load of essays but we barely covered this topic before writing an essay.

Pretty sure I picked the subjects that will give me the most work as well:
-French
-History
-Geography
-Graphic design (Art)

Tazz September 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

I knew I'd be writing a load of essays but we barely covered this topic before writing an essay.

Pretty sure I picked the subjects that will give me the most work as well:
-French
-History
-Geography
-Graphic design (Art)
Haha - I think I'm going to take ICT, German and Business with triple Science.

Chief_Hacks September 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

I'm doing all right. I get the best marks usually in every test for maths and that rest are just averages marks like B+ or A-. I have a science test today though so wish me good luck ^!^

BelgiumWaffles September 14, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Girlfriend breaked up with me :(
miss my brother ted
getting bullied again
having a great time with my friends :)

Okiba September 14, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Great actually, but I got 2 assignments in the first 2 weeks

Jahaj September 14, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

I started my first year of high school in the IB program and it is so much harder than middle school. What makes it worst is that my high school is one of the best in Texas, so overall the school is very challenging.

Rabona September 14, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Every teacher that I have has picked their favorites and their targets. For me? I'm the troublemaker.

mr_penguin_12 September 14, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

Kinda scary :P got pre cal and basketball....this should be interesting.

SWEET_Johny September 14, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

Atm I want to learn to design office building & Houses xD
i hope i can design office buildings when im older what a fun job

Sevoo September 15, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

Decent. Although, I'm 2 or 3 weeks in and I'm still unorganized as hell. Math is better than last year, lunch is later than last year, PE is still the same old fun shit, and everything else is just the same as last year.
First year of high school? Gotta fear it :P

Surprisingly, high school is 4647472x better than Primary, plus I have a life now! Kinda. I love everything except for math ( I like math but the teacher is an ass) and Arts ( My art looks worse than how bad my last computer was, and that's saying a lot.)

BoldAndBrash September 15, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

First year of high school? Gotta fear it :P

Surprisingly, high school is 4647472x better than Primary, plus I have a life now! Kinda. I love everything except for math ( I like math but the teacher is an ass) and Arts ( My art looks worse than how bad my last computer was, and that's saying a lot.)
Not in high school. :^)

Spoookeh September 15, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

Haha - I think I'm going to take ICT, German and Business with triple Science.
Nice, I got triple as well; not as hard as they say it'll be actually

Administrafer September 15, 2015 at 8:09 AM UTC

Getting ready for VCE (Final years of High School before going into university).

DaFrozenBlaze September 15, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

Getting ready for VCE (Final years of High School before going into university).
Good luck lol

Jake41901 September 15, 2015 at 4:09 PM UTC

Wow, good for you man. Wishing you the best of luck! By the way, we need to talk again sometime. I miss our awesome late night conversations! <3

Zintenka September 15, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Last year of highschool and only 6 courses this year
Ayyyyy~ me too!

I even got a class called "Graphic Design". We're gonna get to learn how to use Photoshop and stuff! Even drawing tablets!

Senior year is gonna be fun!

PieZ September 15, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Ayyyyy~ me too!

I even got a class called "Graphic Design". We're gonna get to learn how to use Photoshop and stuff! Even drawing tablets!

Senior year is gonna be fun!
I have a class called Communications Technology which is exactly like that

BourbonBonobo September 15, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

Junior year of high school is Death in the form of Homework

:P

But I have a 4.0 :)

NineEleven_ September 15, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

schools going good but i have a d in college english 12 because i hve pretty bad writing skills also i hit the hottest girl in my school that was good