Avicus Archive

U.S Election Day Predictions/Discussion by Y0urm0m1 November 3, 2016 at 5:11 AM UTC

Welcome to the U.S Election Day Predictions/Discussion Thread!

Hello, not sure if these type of threads are allowed but if it isn't allowed, feel free to lock it and I completely understand. Please read all before posting :) Also if there has been another thread like this, I'll understand and hide this one. (I also posted this in OCN as well)

TL;DR, at least leave a quick vote pls :)

Avicus Poll, Vote who do you think will win:

https://strawpoll.de/sdf5f1a

Avicus Poll, Who do you support?

https://strawpoll.de/be6984y

What the thread is about?

However if it is allowed, welcome to the U.S Election Day Prediction's/ Discussion Thread. Here, feel free to discuss your predictions on the election, the candidates themselves,  polls, news prior to election day and their ramifications,  who will take the House, Senate, or White House, opinions on the election, etc... I think my overall goal is to get people into U.S politics and whats going (I know its dirty and all tho). Now Inititally I thought Hilary was going to win but the race is tightening prior to the reopening of the FBI invetigation on Clinton's email.

What is Election Day/Electoral College?

For those not living in the U.S, here is a brief run through. U.S chooses the presidential candidate based on electoral college. In short, each state have except 2 (Maine and Nebraska) have electoral votes so if one candidate wins the majority of votes in that state, they get all the electoral votes in that state. There are 538 electoral votes in total and if one candidate wins 270, they win.

Voters may wish to vote early but Election Day is November 8 and polls open from 6:00 AM- 8:00pm.  I strongly encourage people to vote despite how pointless it might seem.

Rules before posting:

1.) You may express your thoughts and opinions but please do not provoke or incite flame wars. Please keep it respectful and composed

2.) I recommend mainly discussing the predictions on who will win the election, which states will go to which candidate, etc..., not specifically their politics but you are allowed to, just make sure to keep it respectful

3.) If you have any facts or evidence of anything in general, please know what you are saying and I strongly recommend to cite your sources

4.) I strongly discourage anything off topic and don't spew bull crap (yes you can post your memes or jokes but just keep it limited)

5.) Any comments that are necessary, inflammatory,  or disrespectful  *will have their comment deleted* and if its a serious case, reported and may result in the thread being locked by the staff if things go out of hand

Sorry if my rules are a bit imposing, strict, or demanding but I kindly ask for a civilized discussion instead of exchanging insults and unnecessary bullcrap (again memes and jokes are allowed, just know your limits).

Electoral College Map

I'm also curious on your predictions on which states will go to who. IF you go to http://www.cnn.com/election/interactive-electoral-college-map , screen shot your predictions on how the Electoral College Map would look like.

Challenge: Whoever gets a100% correct prediction on the Electoral College map after election day, they will receive a high quality soda machine that will appear in their room. Jk but ill post it here and congrats them. Also bragging rights (yea its sorta lame. I wish I could give prizes but I can't )

Here are my predictions as of 11/2/16
These are just predictions and I'll try to update daily throughout the week before election day if my predictions change based on news, polls, new information, etc...

**11/2/16**

Although Trump is having a sudden surge, I feel like he may win the popular vote but not the electoral. Trump is winning most battleground states but Florida and I think North Carolina is iffy and can go both ways as well as Colorado so its still anyones game.

Avicus Poll, Vote who do you think will win:

https://strawpoll.de/sdf5f1a

Avicus Poll, Who do you support?

https://strawpoll.de/be6984y

Some links to help:

**Electoral College predictions:**

http://www.cnn.com/election/interactive-electoral-college-map

http://www.270towin.com/

**Polls:**

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

ClubberNugget November 3, 2016 at 1:11 PM UTC

ApolloIsFunky November 3, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

I don't understand why people think both candidates are 'bad', to be honest. They both have downsides, but whoever gets elected we should look forward to what they have to bring to America and its people.

hasl November 3, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

I'm gonna wake up on my birthday to discover which one of these two win.

BmB November 3, 2016 at 6:11 PM UTC

dudeee this shit lit been stocking on milk for bare waiting for ww3 :))

Myworld6 November 3, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

I don't understand why people think both candidates are 'bad', to be honest. They both have downsides, but whoever gets elected we should look forward to what they have to bring to America and its people.
I would explain but I don't want to start a flame war.

BoldAndBrash November 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

It's a good thing I'm taking civics this year. For anyone that doesn't know, it's the study of citizenship.

Everyday we go over the policies of Trump and Clinton in depth, and last class we learned about how Trump doesn't want the US to have a minimum wage. I don't know too much about our economy, but considering Hillary wants to bring the minimum wage up to $12 an hour and Trump wants to get rid of it, I thinking Hillary wins economy wise.

BrandonMunson November 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

Ggwp Donald Duck ftw

AtditC November 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

I really hope Donald Trump will win. Another democrat president would be too much for the U.S.A. for now.

ApolloIsFunky November 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

It's a good thing I'm taking civics this year. For anyone that doesn't know, it's the study of citizenship.

Everyday we go over the policies of Trump and Clinton in depth, and last class we learned about how Trump doesn't want the US to have a minimum wage. I don't know too much about our economy, but considering Hillary wants to bring the minimum wage up to $12 an hour and Trump wants to get rid of it, I thinking Hillary wins economy wise.
She definitely has more experience with kind of economic exposure, but she has a few fair share moments that made America think they were fucked. Now, i'm not trying to start or encourage the flame war, just enlightening the discussion, if that makes any sense. I'm not arguing with you at all, in fact i agree with you, but she doesn't win politically.

There was a rumor being spread that people in Afghanistan were assembling nuclear bombs and she decided it was a good idea to send people from their own government to check up and see whether or not the rumors were true. Keep in mind, this was in the middle of our terror war with them. So, since we were in a war with them, they could've easily lied about it. 

Like i said, i just want this to a discussion where we express our opinions in an adult-ly way.

Myworld6 November 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

She definitely has more experience with kind of economic exposure, but she has a few fair share moments that made America think they were fucked. Now, i'm not trying to start or encourage the flame war, just enlightening the discussion, if that makes any sense. I'm not arguing with you at all, in fact i agree with you, but she doesn't win politically.

There was a rumor being spread that people in Afghanistan were assembling nuclear bombs and she decided it was a good idea to send people from their own government to check up and see whether or not the rumors were true. Keep in mind, this was in the middle of our terror war with them. So, since we were in a war with them, they could've easily lied about it. 

Like i said, i just want this to a discussion where we express our opinions in an adult-ly way.
If we can't even dicuss religious matters in a mature manner, how are we supposed to discuss politics?

I'm not American, so personally I couldn't care less about who becomes the American president. However, if I were to back either candidate, it would be Clinton. Not because I want her (Gods know I'd be happy if someone shot them both), but because Trump is a businessman. He doesn't believe what he says, he only says what he knows the people want to hear. I point blank refuse to support anyone who doesn't stand by what they say.

Junr November 3, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

I really hope Donald Trump will win. Another democrat president would be too much for the U.S.A. for now.
Just no.

profbananaslug November 4, 2016 at 1:11 AM UTC

where is the love for evan mcmullin

dev_revs November 4, 2016 at 1:11 AM UTC

Just no.
Just yes.

_Gill November 4, 2016 at 2:11 AM UTC

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/ 
Best nonbiased election poll website. And

DONNY FOR PRESIDENT!!!!
#MERICA #LYINGHILLARY #GRABEMBYTHE_____

Midnightstorm November 4, 2016 at 2:11 AM UTC

Well an FBI case on Hillary just opened up... So we may have a presidential candidate jailed.
Oh wait...
She's a Clinton!
She can get out of that.

DaFrozenBlaze November 4, 2016 at 3:11 AM UTC

Lol I read that Trump is closing in on Clinton

benaye November 4, 2016 at 5:11 AM UTC

Well an FBI case on Hillary just opened up... So we may have a presidential candidate jailed.
Oh wait...
She's a Clinton!
She can get out of that.
Clinton is going to be first f....

Wait, I was going to say female, but the email got deleted.

RIP

AstroPizza November 4, 2016 at 8:11 AM UTC

Bernie Bernie Bernie!!!

o.......
kms :(

Myworld6 November 4, 2016 at 11:11 AM UTC

Bernie Bernie Bernie!!!

o.......
kms :(
R.I.P Bernie Sanders, America's only decent candidate.

Zeusy November 4, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

the orange will win

ClubberNugget November 4, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

the orange will win
#Battleground4President

AbusiveUser November 4, 2016 at 6:11 PM UTC

just
n
o

AtditC November 4, 2016 at 6:11 PM UTC

just
n
o
just
y
e
s

Myworld6 November 4, 2016 at 6:11 PM UTC

just
y
e
s
Please tell me this isn't over the leaking thing. Most people don't seem to understand that those emails weren't actually leaked. She simply used a private email to contact other government figures. These emails were then deleted.

AtditC November 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

Please tell me this isn't over the leaking thing. Most people don't seem to understand that those emails weren't actually leaked. She simply used a private email to contact other government figures. These emails were then deleted.
No it's not, I don't support people like Obama and Clinton generally. They're hiding things from you :^)

Verybadsorry November 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

No it's not, I don't support people like Obama and Clinton generally. They're hiding things from you :^)
and Trump isn't? LOL

AtditC November 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

and Trump isn't? LOL
The thing with Trump isn't the same with others

Han_So_Hyun November 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

Despite the fact that I live in Finland, I would strongly support Hillary. I hope that Hillary would be elected. Of course, there are somethings that I am unclear about her, I still like her very much. So, it is Hillary Clinton for me. :)

Myworld6 November 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

The thing with Trump isn't the same with others
Yeah, you're right. Obama actually believed in what he said. Trump does not.

_Gill November 4, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

Yeah, you're right. Obama actually believed in what he said. Trump does not.
My friend, have you read the speeches Clinton gave to Wall Street? She has lied 100s of times to the American people on topics like : free trade, emails, healthcare, etc. She told Goldman Sachs (Investment banking firm) that the public didn't want to know what happens behind the closed doors of politics.
She later went to the American public and promised to hold the banks responsible for what they did. She then told the banks that they were respectable and learned from their mistakes.
She told the people that she was against free trade. She told Wall Street that she wanted "open borders". 
She took money from foreign governments and people which allowed her to be bought (while she was Secretary of State).
(If you would like sources for my points, contact me on Skype)

She is a compulsive liar.

Now I know some liberal folks don't like watching unbiased news or reading articles, but things are not as they seem. Trump has spoken his mind from day one; it may have brought on some rough comments and gotten him in trouble, but at least he was honest. Hillary hasn't been honest once.

Tikai November 4, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

Uhuh, America wants someone like Donald who said he thought he was 'Smart for avoiding taxes' rip your economy. Gg Wp! Rip America.

Myworld6 November 4, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

My friend, have you read the speeches Clinton gave to Wall Street? She has lied 100s of times to the American people on topics like : free trade, emails, healthcare, etc. She told Goldman Sachs (Investment banking firm) that the public didn't want to know what happens behind the closed doors of politics.
She later went to the American public and promised to hold the banks responsible for what they did. She then told the banks that they were respectable and learned from their mistakes.
She told the people that she was against free trade. She told Wall Street that she wanted "open borders". 
She took money from foreign governments and people which allowed her to be bought (while she was Secretary of State).
(If you would like sources for my points, contact me on Skype)

She is a compulsive liar.

Now I know some liberal folks don't like watching unbiased news or reading articles, but things are not as they seem. Trump has spoken his mind from day one; it may have brought on some rough comments and gotten him in trouble, but at least he was honest. Hillary hasn't been honest once.
How is Trump any better? He wants to:

1. Build a wall to segregate Mexico (Gods know why).
  2. Put Clinton in jail (not something I'm against, but he's preying on those who fear and despise Clinton for his own gain).
  3. Repeal the legal ban on discrimination against homosexuals (the biggest government violation of the Human Rights Act in years, up there with the Afganistan War).
  4. Generalises an entire nationality (believes all Mexicans are rapists and murderers).
  5. Wants to (admittedly "temporarily") ban all Muslims from entering the country (again, he's generalising).
  6. Enforce policies supported by the worst of America's people (i.e. racists, sexists, xenophobes, homophobes, etc.).
Moreover, I did not say Clinton believed in what she said. I said Obama is the one who believes in what he says and tries to do. Clinton is as bad as Trump, and personally I believe that both should be put in prison or shot.

_Gill November 4, 2016 at 11:11 PM UTC

How is Trump any better? He wants to:

1. Build a wall to segregate Mexico (Gods know why).
  2. Put Clinton in jail (not something I'm against, but he's preying on those who fear and despise Clinton for his own gain).
  3. Repeal the legal ban on discrimination against homosexuals (the biggest government violation of the Human Rights Act in years, up there with the Afganistan War).
  4. Generalises an entire nationality (believes all Mexicans are rapists and murderers).
  5. Wants to (admittedly "temporarily") ban all Muslims from entering the country (again, he's generalising).
  6. Enforce policies supported by the worst of America's people (i.e. racists, sexists, xenophobes, homophobes, etc.).
Moreover, I did not say Clinton believed in what she said. I said Obama is the one who believes in what he says and tries to do. Clinton is as bad as Trump, and personally I believe that both should be put in prison or shot.
1. I do believe illegal immigrants should not be allowed into the country. That is why there is the adjective illegal in front of the noun. Another plus is securing our border from drug smuggling (mostly cocaine).
2. Hillary should currently be in jail for sending classified emails to people without the proper security. And another reason would be for her actions in Benghazi (the government cover up and whatnot).
3. Uhhhhhh... Where did he propose that? I haven't seen that in any news story... Send/Post a link?
4. If you look at his later speeches, you will see that he clarifies on this topic. 
5. Radical Islamists shouldn't be allowed into our country until the situation with IS is difused.
6. Uhhhh... What? He wants conservative values... I don't know what polciies you are talking about.

BoldAndBrash November 5, 2016 at 12:11 AM UTC

1. I do believe illegal immigrants should not be allowed into the country. That is why there is the adjective illegal in front of the noun. Another plus is securing our border from drug smuggling (mostly cocaine).
2. Hillary should currently be in jail for sending classified emails to people without the proper security. And another reason would be for her actions in Benghazi (the government cover up and whatnot).
3. Uhhhhhh... Where did he propose that? I haven't seen that in any news story... Send/Post a link?
4. If you look at his later speeches, you will see that he clarifies on this topic. 
5. Radical Islamists shouldn't be allowed into our country until the situation with IS is difused.
6. Uhhhh... What? He wants conservative values... I don't know what polciies you are talking about.
How does he know who's Muslim and who isn't?  Just because they're from from Pakistan doesn't mean they're Muslim, not to mention a LOT of Muslims come from other countries like India, Britain, etc.

Murphh November 5, 2016 at 3:11 PM UTC

I support Hillary 100%.  I could never vote for a sexist, racist businessman like Trump.

Bill Maher, political comedian, recently interviewed President Obama and they briefly discuss the dangers of a Trump presidency.

Highly recommended:
https://youtu.be/xXH5agV7skw

dev_revs November 5, 2016 at 4:11 PM UTC

I support Hillary 100%.  I could never vote for a sexist, racist businessman like Trump.

Bill Maher, political comedian, recently interviewed President Obama and they briefly discuss the dangers of a Trump presidency.

Highly recommended:
Another one of those.. uneducated voter. You obviously only listen to the media. Your problem is right there, you watched a video on someone who does not support trump, and is going to get all his polishes abolished if he is elected.

profbananaslug November 5, 2016 at 4:11 PM UTC

Highly recommended:
naturally obama, a democrat, isn't going to support trump
we need to discover aliens so we can get an unbiased viewpoint

Murphh November 5, 2016 at 4:11 PM UTC

Another one of those.. uneducated voter. You obviously only listen to the media. Your problem is right there, you watched a video on someone who does not support trump, and is going to get all his polishes abolished if he is elected.
Well, I won't call myself "uneducated"...currently, I am three courses shy of a Masters Degree in Education, have a Bachelors of Science in Marketing, and hold a teaching credential.

I don't only listen to the media...I listen to my peers, talk to other educated people, and glean information from my own personal experiences.

The video that I recommended gives one example of a point of view.  Ultimately, Trump is not the answer "to make America great again", in my opinion, we would only be moving backwards.

Junr November 5, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

Well, Hillary and Trump are doing weird things to get people's attention on them and Trump is just taking it too far :L.

flyofff November 5, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

Trump may have a sexy hair but he's fucking racist. Personally support Hillary.

Verybadsorry November 6, 2016 at 2:11 PM UTC

LOL your just like all the other trump supporters, blind to what is truly going to happen should he be elected

Myworld6 November 6, 2016 at 4:11 PM UTC

"and is going to get all his polishes abolished if he is elected."

So essentially, you support a candidate when you don't know what he plans to do, what he stands for, and what he can offer? Great political knowledge right there.

BoldAndBrash November 6, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

You know what the media hasn't mentioned? Trump's plans on completely removing minimum wages. That's right. I wouldn't want to live in a country where a hard worker is only making $5 an hour because of a terrible business owner. Hillary, although she is also a bad candidate, wants to raise our minimum wage from $7.50 to $12. 

Trump believes global warming and climate change are a myth made by the Chinese. I really don't even have to explain how dumb this is; Clinton wants to create 500,000,000 solar panels by the end of he really first term, and by the end of her second one, if she's has one, she wants to build 500,000,000 more. It's expensive as all hell, but it'd rather have that than a bunch of nuclear power plants creating waste that we can't destroy, Andy pollution the sky and land.

I asked some other trump supporter this question, but they never answered. Trump wants to ban Muslim immigration into the country, but how can he tell who is Muslim and who isn't? They live all over the world, in Australia, Europe, and Asia. Does he want to ban people who wear turbans? People with darker skin tones AN do beards? It's a stupid plan that has no chance in working.

IndigoHawkins November 6, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

You know what the media hasn't mentioned? Trump's plans on completely removing minimum wages. That's right. I wouldn't want to live in a country where a hard worker is only making $5 an hour because of a terrible business owner. Hillary, although she is also a bad candidate, wants to raise our minimum wage from $7.50 to $12. 

Trump believes global warming and climate change are a myth made by the Chinese. I really don't even have to explain how dumb this is; Clinton wants to create 500,000,000 solar panels by the end of he really first term, and by the end of her second one, if she's has one, she wants to build 500,000,000 more. It's expensive as all hell, but it'd rather have that than a bunch of nuclear power plants creating waste that we can't destroy, Andy pollution the sky and land.

I asked some other trump supporter this question, but they never answered. Trump wants to ban Muslim immigration into the country, but how can he tell who is Muslim and who isn't? They live all over the world, in Australia, Europe, and Asia. Does he want to ban people who wear turbans? People with darker skin tones AN do beards? It's a stupid plan that has no chance in working.
You do realize she basically lied about all of that to try and get Bernie supporters?

She said in so many leaked speeches that "we can't afford it". Which is bullshit because we can, if we stop wasting 1.5+ trillion dollars on a fancy new fighter jet.

dev_revs November 6, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

Yeah and I don't want to live in a country where someone can stand at a window all day and take your order, makes 12$. You realize how much that hurts small businesses right? They will have to cut employees because they cannot afford to pay their employees that which leads to unemployment.

Myworld6 November 6, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

Yeah and I don't want to live in a country where someone can stand at a window all day and take your order, makes 12$. You realize how much that hurts small businesses right? They will have to cut employees because they cannot afford to pay their employees that which leads to unemployment.
Good idea, remove the minimum wage so employers can pay their workers $1 an hour. I'm sure they can survive on that, right?

If you're so scared about small businesses being affected, why doesn't your government introduce tax breaks to increase economic surplus?

LOL your just like all the other trump supporters, blind to what is truly going to happen should he be elected
Oh I know a damn on what I am talking about. I don't see how you can support someone who is responsible for bengazi, killing four American soldiers, repeatedly leaked classified emails and then supposedly deleted them. I am not blind to anything. We do not need another liberal or democrat as president.

Good idea, remove the minimum wage so employers can pay their workers $1 an hour. I'm sure they can survive on that, right?

If you're so scared about small businesses being affected, why doesn't your government introduce tax breaks to increase economic surplus?
I love the ignorance in that comment! Pretty sure no one would work for a  business that pays one buck an hour, and no owner would pay that. Why don't you ask the government that question?

Myworld6 November 6, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

I love the ignorance in that comment! Pretty sure no one would work for a  business that pays one buck an hour, and no owner would pay that. Why don't you ask the government that question?
"Pretty sure no one would work for a  business that pays one buck an hour, and no owner would pay that."

Some people don't have a choice. Why do people choose to work in Mcdonalds instead of taking a degree in university? Not enough money. 

Also, it'd be a bit difficult to find someone who works for $1 an hour. I wonder why. Maybe...Because there's a minimum wage?

"Why don't you ask the government that question?"

It's not my country, why should I have to ask your own government a question on your behalf?

And you call me ignorant...

profbananaslug November 6, 2016 at 6:11 PM UTC

pack it up boys, another person fell for the "nuclear power is bad" meme

BoldAndBrash November 6, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

That's nice, you got a rebuttal for my other 2 points?

BoldAndBrash November 6, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

You do realize she basically lied about all of that to try and get Bernie supporters?

She said in so many leaked speeches that "we can't afford it". Which is bullshit because we can, if we stop wasting 1.5+ trillion dollars on a fancy new fighter jet.
Where can I find these leaked speeches?

Y0urm0m1 November 6, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

Hey guys. I'm lovin the discussion but friendly reminder to keep it respectful :)

Although i'm all in for your guy's discussion, may I remind that the thread was also made for predictions as well? I am not trying to discourage discussion but rather i'm also encouraging for you guy's to say your thoughts on which states will go to who etc based on news, polls, etc... Im also curious to see how your electoral college map predictions would look like!

Jahaj November 7, 2016 at 1:11 AM UTC

Kill me now.

Just move onto a universal Income and get rid of capitalism already.

Porkyyy November 7, 2016 at 2:11 AM UTC

Bill Clinton was a rapist. Hilary is nothing but a liar and his enabler.

Then again Trump speaks like a fucking street person. Doesn't speak like a president.

Y'all americans are screwed.

DaGoldBrick November 7, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

You'd rather have an entire religion banned than have workers get paid more lol. rly smart idea

Myworld6 November 7, 2016 at 4:11 PM UTC

You'd rather have an entire religion banned than have workers get paid more lol. rly smart idea
Finally, we actually agree on something. xD

Verybadsorry November 7, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

Finally, we actually agree on something. xD
HOLY SHIT IT HAPPENED

Verybadsorry November 7, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

Oh I know a damn on what I am talking about. I don't see how you can support someone who is responsible for bengazi, killing four American soldiers, repeatedly leaked classified emails and then supposedly deleted them. I am not blind to anything. We do not need another liberal or democrat as president.
I'm not supporting her, you guys are fucked either way, what I'm saying is id rather have Hillary than Trump the Rascist, sexist person who you seem to support.........

dev_revs November 7, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

I'm not supporting her, you guys are fucked either way, what I'm saying is id rather have Hillary than Trump the Rascist, sexist person who you seem to support.........
honestly it cannot get much worse than it already is. As long as we are able to have our bear arms amendment we should be fine. oh wait another thing hillary wants to take away from our rights!

BoldAndBrash November 7, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

honestly it cannot get much worse than it already is. As long as we are able to have our bear arms amendment we should be fine. oh wait another thing hillary wants to take away from our rights!
" I asked some other trump supporter this question, but they never answered. Trump wants to ban Muslim immigration into the country, but how can he tell who is Muslim and who isn't? They live all over the world, in Australia, Europe, and Asia. Does he want to ban people who wear turbans? People with darker skin tones and beards? It's a stupid plan that has no chance in working."

Do you have a rebuttal for this? None of the trump supporters I asked have answered this, and I'm just curious as to how he plan something on going through with it.

Myworld6 November 7, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

Did...Did you seriously just proclaim your support for the right to bear arms? Now I see where your views come from.

dev_revs November 7, 2016 at 9:11 PM UTC

Did...Did you seriously just proclaim your support for the right to bear arms? Now I see where your views come from.
What's wrong with that? If they take away our weapons they basically have full control over us. remember what happened in the 1900's when the Nazi's were taking over Germany? They told people if they didn't surrender their guns they would be executed.

Myworld6 November 7, 2016 at 9:11 PM UTC

What's wrong with that? If they take away our weapons they basically have full control over us. remember what happened in the 1900's when the Nazi's were taking over Germany? They told people if they didn't surrender their guns they would be executed.
Of course, of course. The British government have complete control over their people, don't they (Brexit)? The German government have complete control over their people, don't they (refugees being attacked by neo-Nazis and the police can't or won't stop them)? Evidently you need a reality check; guns have no place in civilised society. 

Also, please do not give the Nazis as an example. The Munich Putsch showed that guns could do little to stop them, as did the numerous assassination attempts on Hitler.

Sevoo November 7, 2016 at 11:11 PM UTC

To be honest I think Hillary will win by not a lot and she won't really change anything but government will be corrupt and a lot of things will be kept from the public.

I prefer Trump. The reason is more personal than general but I'd like to not state the reason because it could start a flame war but point is the reason is small and both candidates are bad.

Also, I've heard Democrats have been rigging elections for the past 50 years which I don't find hard to believe, even though it's hard to know if anything people say is true at this point. 

rip usa

Just a side note though people should know the difference between a supporter and someone who prefers particular side.

Y0urm0m1 November 8, 2016 at 1:11 AM UTC

To be honest I think Hillary will win by not a lot and she won't really change anything but government will be corrupt and a lot of things will be kept from the public.

I prefer Trump. The reason is more personal than general but I'd like to not state the reason because it could start a flame war but point is the reason is small and both candidates are bad.

Also, I've heard Democrats have been rigging elections for the past 50 years which I don't find hard to believe, even though it's hard to know if anything people say is true at this point. 

rip usa

Just a side note though people should know the difference between a supporter and someone who prefers particular side.
Hillary will not win by a lot. The polls in the battleground states have been looking pretty tight and they have been shifting constantly the past week so its really unsure. Also, Trump did close the gap against Hillary. IF Hillary wins Florida, then its all over for Trump unless he is able to flip some blue states red

Junr November 8, 2016 at 2:11 AM UTC

However, you have to take it in consideration that certain people have a gun in their possesion, when they shouldn't have it. It is taking the amendment away, but it's for the best. Although, she doesn't want to completely remove it, she just wants to make it stricter and decrease the chance of a gun being in the wrong hands.

I hope you realise that Trump stereotypes people by saying: Mexicans are Criminals, Rapist, and Murderers  and saying Muslims are terrorists. Anyone has the potential to become a criminal or a terrorist, just not a certain group like he says. With the Immigration issues, I do not agree what he wants to do. I know that where I have family living at, poverty is a big issue and people flee Mexico for a better life. Where my family lives, they don't have Homeless Shelters like we do, so their only best option is...yup...that's right...the US. Yes, some people do take that as an advantage, but I really think people should get educated to make their country better place and decrease the reasons why they should come here rather than stay there.

vladthegreat100 November 8, 2016 at 3:11 AM UTC

DaFrozenBlaze November 8, 2016 at 6:11 AM UTC

Just asking, who here can vote? I'm curious

nintendoboy11 November 8, 2016 at 9:11 AM UTC

LOL

nintendoboy11 November 8, 2016 at 9:11 AM UTC

I'm for Hillary all the way because Trump sucks. The things he says and does are idiotic and demeaning towards women. The fact that he will stay up at 3AM to tweet things about other people is beyond childish if you are running for president. You should focus on maybe releasing your taxes before doing that. I thought it was a joke when he was elected as the republican candidate and I'm surprised he's still here. Also, it's not that I like Hillary, it's just that anyone is better than Trump.

Xuph November 8, 2016 at 9:11 AM UTC

im just chillin here in israel but you americans are fucked LOL

Sevoo November 8, 2016 at 12:11 PM UTC

Hillary will not win by a lot. The polls in the battleground states have been looking pretty tight and they have been shifting constantly the past week so its really unsure. Also, Trump did close the gap against Hillary. IF Hillary wins Florida, then its all over for Trump unless he is able to flip some blue states red
That's what I said ;-;

AtditC November 8, 2016 at 1:11 PM UTC

I'm for Hillary all the way because Trump sucks. The things he says and does are idiotic and demeaning towards women. The fact that he will stay up at 3AM to tweet things about other people is beyond childish if you are running for president. You should focus on maybe releasing your taxes before doing that. I thought it was a joke when he was elected as the republican candidate and I'm surprised he's still here. Also, it's not that I like Hillary, it's just that anyone is better than Trump.
Exactly that what the press wants to believe you. Realize that following others blindly is way more "childish". (My opinion)

Xvius November 8, 2016 at 2:11 PM UTC

Does everybody know that there is a cycle of years when a president gets killed by someone? Well, the president who will get elected this year will get killed by someone because of a cycle. If you dont believe me, surf the web!

BoldAndBrash November 8, 2016 at 3:11 PM UTC

Does everybody know that there is a cycle of years when a president gets killed by someone? Well, the president who will get elected this year will get killed by someone because of a cycle. If you dont believe me, surf the web!
Er, no.

nintendoboy11 November 8, 2016 at 4:11 PM UTC

Exactly that what the press wants to believe you. Realize that following others blindly is way more "childish". (My opinion)
I mean, it's common sense. He hasn't said that he would do anything other than build a wall.

BoldAndBrash November 8, 2016 at 4:11 PM UTC

I mean, it's common sense. He hasn't said that he would do anything other than build a wall.
Actually, he has. You should watch the debates, although they're really bad Trump does mention some policies of his. Or, you can just look up "donald trump" on Google and read through his policies.

nintendoboy11 November 8, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

Actually, he has. You should watch the debates, although they're really bad Trump does mention some policies of his. Or, you can just look up "donald trump" on Google and read through his policies.
Well yeah, I know he has said other things but the only thing he mentions to get an applause is that wall and how Mexico is going to pay for it? Has he even mentioned how Mexico is going to pay for it? He can't just go up to them and give them a bill. Also, I did watch the debates where he said that media was biased, Hillary kept interrupting me, my wife had the same speech and was still hated on, and a lot of other petty stuff for him to go off of the question he was asked.

Midnightstorm November 8, 2016 at 9:11 PM UTC

My school had a "vote" and Donald Trump won. I'm pretty sure it's because most people voted him as a joke.

_Gill November 8, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

I voted Trump using an absentee ballot in Florida.

#MakingADifference

And raising minimum wage would kill small businesses. My dad would have to close shop and fire 18 employees. And no one would work for 1$ an hour smartasses. If McDonalds was highering for 1$ per hour, no one would try to get the job- therefore no one would work there- therefore McDonalds would go out of business (WHOAH LOGIC!!!). 

The only thing I agree with Hillary on is free trade. Raising the total surplus (If your not an economics minor or major, dont fucking argue with me. I guarantee you dont know what your talking about).

vladthegreat100 November 8, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

tbh if I had the ability to vote, I would vote for neither. I'd just skip this year and vote in 4 years hopefully with different, more competent candidates.

Why?

Both are terrible. Why vote for one person who is terrible because the other one is worse?

Don't vote, and when they screw up, you can shove it anyone's face about how they made the wrong choice to vote as a whole.
You don't contribute to the downfall and you can shoot anyone's thoughts down for voting for either side. Great solution tbh.

_Gill November 8, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

tbh if I had the ability to vote, I would vote for neither. I'd just skip this year and vote in 4 years hopefully with different, more competent candidates.

Why?

Both are terrible. Why vote for one person who is terrible because the other one is worse?

Don't vote, and when they screw up, you can shove it anyone's face about how they made the wrong choice to vote as a whole.
You don't contribute to the downfall and you can shoot anyone's thoughts down for voting for either side. Great solution tbh.
That is the most stupid thing and unamerican I have ever heard. I don't care who you vote for, I clearly have different views than many people (hopefully a minority); but, all people should vote. Its a right that is given to us and a responsibility for all Americans.

That's all I have to say on this topic.

Myworld6 November 8, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

That is the most stupid thing and unamerican I have ever heard. I don't care who you vote for, I clearly have different views than many people (hopefully a minority); but, all people should vote. Its a right that is given to us and a responsibility for all Americans.

That's all I have to say on this topic.
Ummm, Vlad is Canadian.

BoldAndBrash November 9, 2016 at 5:11 AM UTC

Welp.

dev_revs November 9, 2016 at 5:11 AM UTC

16 more for trump it seems like.

_Nathy November 9, 2016 at 5:11 AM UTC

if hillary cant take Michigan AND Pennsylvania, its over

faht November 9, 2016 at 5:11 AM UTC

gf

Lycorais November 9, 2016 at 6:11 AM UTC

This shows that everyone in America can become president.

AtditC November 9, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

YES.

DaFrozenBlaze November 9, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

It's here

Glitchaye November 9, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

clownpiece for trump

Eklip_Z November 9, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

Donald won. Lol.

Legoche November 9, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

The dream is the meme

joelous November 9, 2016 at 8:11 AM UTC

Now I am not politically knowledgeable, especially with the American balloting system but the outcome of this election has negatively impacted us (Australia) and the world's leading trade countries quite significantly. With Trump being president our stock markets have lost over $30 billion, and expected to lose more over the next few days. I really couldn't care why you voted or didn't vote for him, I'm sure you have your reasons too - but you will not understand how much this affects us. This will also make our military alliance with the U.S under threat - our strategic environment will be changed overnight. He wants to change the current treaties; which raises concerns on the Asia-Pacific alliance and whether the Unites States will remain in the region. The Trans-pacific alliance will be dead as soon as he exits. Since 2008 we have been trading effectively and remained great partners but we will be unable to do so with Trump. He also wants to withdraw from the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) and the WTO (World Trade Organisation).

EDIT: His victory speech is full of hypocrisy, stating how 'everyone should be equal, and we will be partners' - but he wants to deport immigrants; build a wall between Mexico and America; ban Muslims from entering the country and wishes for white supremacy.

2BJ November 9, 2016 at 9:11 AM UTC

it was the last chance for americans to prove they weren't complete fucking idiots but here we are

flyofff November 9, 2016 at 9:11 AM UTC

Let's see what will happen. I can't understand why people vote for a liar racist...

Javipepe November 9, 2016 at 11:11 AM UTC

Now I am not politically knowledgeable, especially with the American balloting system but the outcome of this election has negatively impacted us (Australia) and the world's leading trade countries quite significantly. With Trump being president our stock markets have lost over $30 billion, and expected to lose more over the next few days. I really couldn't care why you voted or didn't vote for him, I'm sure you have your reasons too - but you will not understand how much this affects us. This will also make our military alliance with the U.S under threat - our strategic environment will be changed overnight. He wants to change the current treaties; which raises concerns on the Asia-Pacific alliance and whether the Unites States will remain in the region. The Trans-pacific alliance will be dead as soon as he exits. Since 2008 we have been trading effectively and remained great partners but we will be unable to do so with Trump. He also wants to withdraw from the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) and the WTO (World Trade Organisation).

EDIT: His victory speech is full of hypocrisy, stating how 'everyone should be equal, and we will be partners' - but he wants to deport immigrants; build a wall between Mexico and America; ban Muslims from entering the country and wishes for white supremacy.
Well I honestly don't think this downfall is that bad and it's pretty uniform across the globe. Compared to Brexit, peaking at -15% at Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and IBEX 35; the result of this election is pretty unnoticeable. When the candidate was elected there were peaks of -5% but after the speech (which, whatever the hypocrisy and truth, has certainly calmed down the panorama), max peak was -2%, which isn't that bad at all. Graphics:

That downfall trend around JUN-JUL is brexit. Now compare with November, almost nothing. I don't think I could feel any better with the result honestly, but I would feel exactly the same with Clinton. I think both will do good in certain areas and horribly wrong in many others. While I do not endorse trump's thoughts and ideas, I do believe that he will probably will make a difference in Russian-USA relationships which is quite a priority. Democrats have a long history of disagreement and overall tension with not only Putin but Russian governments in general; so that problem, at least for now, is less of a hassle. Now I can only hope that Trump will be slowed down and carefully act, what I mean by this is that most of its racism-misogynism-etc is simply not acceptable in a president. I won't get into details here but it's true that many people think that without all the scandal he has arisen, he wouldn't have won; was it a marketing technique? or perhaps just his sheer thoughs? I personally do not either know nor care, but hopefully we will act with a little more cautiousness now that he is under such pressure of not only American citizens, but all the globe.

joelous November 9, 2016 at 1:11 PM UTC

Well I honestly don't think this downfall is that bad and it's pretty uniform across the globe. Compared to Brexit, peaking at -15% at Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and IBEX 35; the result of this election is pretty unnoticeable. When the candidate was elected there were peaks of -5% but after the speech (which, whatever the hypocrisy and truth, has certainly calmed down the panorama), max peak was -2%, which isn't that bad at all. Graphics:

That downfall trend around JUN-JUL is brexit. Now compare with November, almost nothing. I don't think I could feel any better with the result honestly, but I would feel exactly the same with Clinton. I think both will do good in certain areas and horribly wrong in many others. While I do not endorse trump's thoughts and ideas, I do believe that he will probably will make a difference in Russian-USA relationships which is quite a priority. Democrats have a long history of disagreement and overall tension with not only Putin but Russian governments in general; so that problem, at least for now, is less of a hassle. Now I can only hope that Trump will be slowed down and carefully act, what I mean by this is that most of its racism-misogynism-etc is simply not acceptable in a president. I won't get into details here but it's true that many people think that without all the scandal he has arisen, he wouldn't have won; was it a marketing technique? or perhaps just his sheer thoughs? I personally do not either know nor care, but hopefully we will act with a little more cautiousness now that he is under such pressure of not only American citizens, but all the globe.
That is European data. Look at the Australian stock exchange and see for yourself. 

This is only one share, and it drops the moment he was elected. Steady increase, sure, but only because everyone sold it lol

Javipepe November 9, 2016 at 1:11 PM UTC

That is European data. Look at the Australian stock exchange and see for yourself. 

This is only one share, and it drops the moment he was elected. Steady increase, sure, but only because everyone sold it lol

-1.9%, at the top of your screen. It looks so much of a curve because you are only comparing the day itself. European had the exact same behavior. Make that graph show last 6 months and it will be very similar to mine very likely.

EDIT: If you look at my picture IBEX 35 dropped 2.36% while yours dropped only 1.9%.

Lycorais November 9, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

The immigration site of Canada has been crashed the whole day.

XtraMajestical November 9, 2016 at 9:11 PM UTC

Thats why we all love Theresa May

Myworld6 November 9, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

Thats why we all love Theresa May

She's actually been pretty good so far.

joelous November 9, 2016 at 11:11 PM UTC

-1.9%, at the top of your screen. It looks so much of a curve because you are only comparing the day itself. European had the exact same behavior. Make that graph show last 6 months and it will be very similar to mine very likely.

EDIT: If you look at my picture IBEX 35 dropped 2.36% while yours dropped only 1.9%.
Like I said, it was only one share. In TOTALwe lost over 30 billion. I should have shown you a much better one:

if you still need to be convinced: http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-09/us-election-markets-clinton-trump/8009004?pfmredir=sm

Lasuz November 9, 2016 at 11:11 PM UTC

Why?

Gl with finding better candidates next year. Some days sto Kanye West anounced that he will run for president in 2020 xD

The worst part is, it's NOT a joke.

BoldAndBrash November 10, 2016 at 4:11 AM UTC

Gl with finding better candidates next year. Some days sto Kanye West anounced that he will run for president in 2020 xD

The worst part is, it's NOT a joke.
I doubt he's going through with it, but if he does decide to do it, a lot of his fans are going to vote for him just because he's Kanye.

_Gill November 10, 2016 at 9:11 PM UTC

US Stock markets have been rallying. America is truly going to be great again.

dev_revs November 10, 2016 at 11:11 PM UTC

US Stock markets have been rallying. America is truly going to be great again.
Biggest they have been in years.

Legoche November 11, 2016 at 4:11 PM UTC

I doubt he's going through with it, but if he does decide to do it, a lot of his fans are going to vote for him just because he's Kanye.
If Donald trump can win an election anyone can #VoteKanye #Kanye2020 #Kanye4Prez #KanyeWillLegaliseWeed