Avicus Archive

Overcast released their code by dentmaged February 16, 2017 at 1:02 AM UTC

Don't know if someone has already said this, but https://github.com/OvercastNetworkProjectAres. I wonder if Avicus will be good now.

Few more things:
Website configuration: https://github.com/OvercastNetwork/OCN-Data
New website: https://github.com/OvercastNetwork/oc.tc
Maps (only XML): https://github.com/OvercastNetwork/maps.oc.tc
ChatModerator: https://github.com/OvercastNetwork/ChatModerator

Anyway, I'm probably not going to come onto Avicus for the next few years. So, bye.

zicuri February 16, 2017 at 1:02 AM UTC

It would be amazing if avicus use some ocn maps in order to add more maps in the servers.

dentmaged February 16, 2017 at 1:02 AM UTC

Only the XML files are posted sadly.

Bloodoh February 16, 2017 at 1:02 AM UTC

this is AVICUS not overcast network.

NothingMatters February 16, 2017 at 2:02 AM UTC

Admins were already aware of this since the first day of its open source, they might take some ideas but I doubt they will remake ocn

profbananaslug February 16, 2017 at 2:02 AM UTC

maybe now the blood will finally be fixed

AutoTool February 16, 2017 at 2:02 AM UTC

hopefully this fixes the mods

Passively February 16, 2017 at 2:02 AM UTC

No, Developers said that they're not going to use OCN's code.

Rombeyy February 16, 2017 at 3:02 AM UTC

maybe now the blood will finally be fixed
Sav

felipu_feliu February 16, 2017 at 3:02 AM UTC

Hey i remember u from back in the days of cardinal

ALM February 16, 2017 at 4:02 AM UTC

If you read into the licenses of each of those repositories, you will find that if you use and/or modify their code in any way you are legally obligated to release the modifications.

This would require us to release our code, which is not happening.

The only project under an MIT license is ChatModerator.

Also, the website and minecraft code are based on different versions of ruby, bukkit, and an entirely different database. 

Thanks though.

DaFrozenBlaze February 16, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

Lol

Myv February 16, 2017 at 1:02 PM UTC

Who cares?

ImRaging February 16, 2017 at 2:02 PM UTC

Image result for squeaker memes

imryaan February 16, 2017 at 2:02 PM UTC

Crazy_ February 16, 2017 at 3:02 PM UTC

Only the XML files are posted sadly.
Just a note on the maps, myself and a few other OCN staff / community members have made a publicly available map selection up for download.

https://mcresourcepile.github.io/mapstack/overcast

If if you were planning on doing anything with PGM, at least you'd be able to get some maps (we got a bit over 150).

But in terms of Avicus, pretty sure we'd need map author permission for before we can use any of the OCN maps on Avicus.

Rombeyy February 16, 2017 at 4:02 PM UTC

Just a note on the maps, myself and a few other OCN staff / community members have made a publicly available map selection up for download.

https://mcresourcepile.github.io/mapstack/overcast

If if you were planning on doing anything with PGM, at least you'd be able to get some maps (we got a bit over 150).

But in terms of Avicus, pretty sure we'd need map author permission for before we can use any of the OCN maps on Avicus.
Baloons DTM and deepwind dude pls

dentmaged February 19, 2017 at 11:02 AM UTC

this is AVICUS not overcast network.
awww shit. thanks! I thought I was on oc.tc for a second there!

If you read into the licenses of each of those repositories, you will find that if you use and/or modify their code in any way you are legally obligated to release the modifications.

Also, the website and minecraft code are based on different versions of ruby, bukkit, and an entirely different database. 

Thanks though.
Why not just open source Avicus?
It would speed up development.

Image result for squeaker memes
I like it how you act as if you were never a squeaker.

ImRaging February 19, 2017 at 6:02 PM UTC

I like it how you act as if you were never a squeaker.
Yeah but the difference between you and me is that i hit puberty at the right age

AtditC February 19, 2017 at 6:02 PM UTC

Yeah but the difference between you and me is that i hit puberty at the right age
lol

unless your puberty doesn't start at like 15-16 then you're still at the right age

sry
but
I had to

piratewithgun February 20, 2017 at 1:02 AM UTC

that makes you a more important person than him doesnt it

Rombeyy February 20, 2017 at 1:02 AM UTC

shadowolfyt February 20, 2017 at 2:02 AM UTC

Please stay on topic.

AutoTool February 20, 2017 at 5:02 AM UTC

please be careful with this code it's mainframe is filled with malware and keyloggers. the people who released this are known hackers who are believed to be friends with 4chan. if u opened the link reset your pc ASAP.

Rombeyy February 20, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

please be careful with this code it's mainframe is filled with malware and keyloggers. the people who released this are known hackers who are believed to be friends with 4chan. if u opened the link reset your pc ASAP.

profbananaslug February 20, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...

But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.

And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

Rombeyy February 20, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...

But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.

And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
That's deep 

Posighdun February 20, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

Last warning, lets get this back on topic please.

AutoTool February 20, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

That's deep 
As one who identifies of Asian decent, I find this filth or what you would call 'meme' highly offensive. This is clearly racism and makes fun of westernized asian's accents. Please remove this or i will be taking this to higher powers. As profbananaslug recently stated, this ain't no place for these joke memes, you gotta step up to the big leagues boy.

Xuph February 20, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

Last warning, lets get this back on topic please.
??

why when alm clearly said its not happening.

"If you read into the licenses of each of those repositories, you will find that if you use and/or modify their code in any way you are legally obligated to release the modifications.

Thanks though."

AtditC February 20, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

??

"If you read into the licenses of each of those repositories, you will find that if you use and/or modify their code in any way you are legally obligated to release the modifications.

Thanks though."
Becuase the fact that it isn't happening doesn't change any forum rules.

Posighdun February 20, 2017 at 6:02 AM UTC

??

Thanks though."
Because their are rules.

Stay on topic in discussions.

Just because ALM said no doesn't mean the discussion stops and the rules aren't enforced.

Xuph February 20, 2017 at 7:02 AM UTC

Because their are rules.

Stay on topic in discussions.

Just because ALM said no doesn't mean the discussion stops and the rules aren't enforced.
you got my post wrong
i meant why keep on topic when there isnt even a proper discussion i mean the topic should be locked straight after, this is a dev related question and once a dev responded it should be locked there is no really any further discussion ??

Posighdun February 20, 2017 at 7:02 AM UTC

you got my post wrong
i meant why keep on topic when there isnt even a proper discussion i mean the topic should be locked straight after, this is a dev related question and once a dev responded it should be locked there is no really any further discussion ??
It isn't a question. All he has done is just said overcast released their code. So it doesn't need to be locked, he isn't asking a question he is just starting a discussion.

Xuph February 20, 2017 at 7:02 AM UTC

It isn't a question. All he has done is just said overcast released their code. So it doesn't need to be locked, he isn't asking a question he is just starting a discussion.
i guess im not up for your australian standarts :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Posighdun February 20, 2017 at 7:02 AM UTC

i guess im not up for your australian standarts :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Since when did I have standards? :^)

anyways back to topic. Even if it didn't have a license I still wouldn't imagine we would use it.

AutoTool February 20, 2017 at 8:02 AM UTC

The National Australian Standards Doctrine of 1958 clearly states to "not take shit from eu or na scum fucks" . I'm not sure if in this situation Posyighdun is enforcing his standards but it is vital for everyone to be aware of these australian standards. As Australians we must unite to fight our one and only enemy, the fucking new zealanders.

Xuph February 20, 2017 at 9:02 AM UTC

The National Australian Standards Doctrine of 1958 clearly states to "not take shit from eu or na scum fucks" . I'm not sure if in this situation Posyighdun is enforcing his standards but it is vital for everyone to be aware of these australian standards. As Australians we must unite to fight our one and only enemy, the fucking new zealanders.
dude honestly just [CENSORED] off you [CENCORED] son of a [CENSORED] [CENSORED], seriously, grow up you [CENSORED] [CENSORED].

ImRaging February 20, 2017 at 10:02 AM UTC

that makes you a more important person than him doesnt it
DiDnT sAy iT DiD mAte bUt hE attACkeD mY fAvoUrite serVer aNd It maDE Me UpsET

ImRaging February 20, 2017 at 10:02 AM UTC

lol

unless your puberty doesn't start at like 15-16 then you're still at the right age

sry
but
I had to
Ik twas just a yoke

AutoTool February 20, 2017 at 10:02 AM UTC

DiDnT sAy iT DiD mAte bUt hE attACkeD mY fAvoUrite serVer aNd It maDE Me UpsET
L0L:'s that is kinda cute .. ur kiboard broken lols? can we like skyp som time? its hard to find qute gurls playing gamez ... :ccc

Tazz February 20, 2017 at 3:02 PM UTC

man there's already ocn code in atlas