Avicus Archive

Official scrimmages & team leaderboards? by RATTLEWARRIOR May 17, 2017 at 2:05 PM UTC

Do not blame me for anything below, im not very experienced in what scrimmimg is like, or if this is already happeneing.

What if there was a team leaderboard, where your whole teams could be ranked and there would be more understanding of which team is the best, or atleast a more general idea. 

Im most liekly thinking the best way to do this is to have official scrimmages, that are 8v8's or 5v5's. Im also thinking the times and dates would be set up by the Officials and refs. the results of the scrimmages would be in a post by an Official.  

Yes, i realize it might be hard for some teams to scrim some other teams so i had this  idea(based on what alot of teams do). People mainly play from Mexico and southern america, the US, and EU. So there could be divisions. the EU teams scrim each other, the US teams scrim each other, and the Mexican and southern america teams scrim each other. This is just an idea.

The main reason i did this is because alot of people doing LFT's (lol), might be better than the team that they get accepted to. im not saying any team is bad, but some players might deserve the best over the worst. This is also a good way to see how teams are doing. 

I think it would get teams more active and more prepared for the upcoming tournaments. Yes i know, there are alot of scrims going on anyway, but the whole community has no idea what is going on! Th scrims results could show up on the avicus server thing, but instead of "play Team deathmatch and Capture the wool," it will say
 Final Scrim:Bulldogs Win over Allah, 2-1.

Once again this is an idea, and i see how hard it is to do

-Rattle

profbananaslug May 17, 2017 at 3:05 PM UTC

trying to get the officials or refs to do work outside of their little tournaments is not going to work

Hivu May 17, 2017 at 3:05 PM UTC

trying to get the officials or refs to do work outside of their little tournaments is not going to work
It could work. It would take some getting used to. The team leaders could also do official scrimmages. Or (i'm not sure if this is possible) the devs can do something where there are scrim times and dates already pre-planned out and if a team wins it automatically updates. Or all scrimmages could be official, so therefore the players in teams have a better reason for showing up. I know that sometimes players just don't come to scrims and you are the only person there doing a 5v5 and using 4 subs. That isn't fair for the other team.

You could also make it that there is a league. At the end of each season, depending on how many points your team got, you get a ranking on the leaderboards. There might not be a reward other than everyone knowing you won the season, but that still shows how good your team is.

oMiles I really like this idea, but it would take some planning and some time to get used to.

RATTLEWARRIOR May 17, 2017 at 3:05 PM UTC

It could work. It would take some getting used to. The team leaders could also do official scrimmages. Or (i'm not sure if this is possible) the devs can do something where there are scrim times and dates already pre-planned out and if a team wins it automatically updates. Or all scrimmages could be official, so therefore the players in teams have a better reason for showing up. I know that sometimes players just don't come to scrims and you are the only person there doing a 5v5 and using 4 subs. That isn't fair for the other team.

You could also make it that there is a league. At the end of each season, depending on how many points your team got, you get a ranking on the leaderboards. There might not be a reward other than everyone knowing you won the season, but that still shows how good your team is.

oMiles I really like this idea, but it would take some planning and some time to get used to.
thanks. now that i think about it, 5v5's would be better bc not tourney or big event

dev_revs May 17, 2017 at 3:05 PM UTC

yeah i hate it when my team has to eat subway during scrims.

anyway this would be a really good addition to the competitive scene, just would take a lot of work.

ImRaging May 17, 2017 at 3:05 PM UTC

people dont scrim unless its near tournaments. Personally, Apollo has had 1 scrim since the tournament.

RATTLEWARRIOR May 17, 2017 at 4:05 PM UTC

people dont scrim unless its near tournaments. Personally, Apollo has had 1 scrim since the tournament.
this is mainly my point. to stop that

zicuri May 17, 2017 at 5:05 PM UTC

I'm working on something like this, your points are ok but it needs more development, time to put it to work.

PokerFace May 17, 2017 at 7:05 PM UTC

I've suggested something like this before, and I would love to do it. The problem is that this concept requires developer work. I could easily do this on a google spreadsheet, but it wouldn't really be the same.

RATTLEWARRIOR May 17, 2017 at 7:05 PM UTC

I've suggested something like this before, and I would love to do it. The problem is that this concept requires developer work. I could easily do this on a google spreadsheet, but it wouldn't really be the same.
"Developer Work" yeah were doomed

XtraMajestical May 17, 2017 at 8:05 PM UTC

i like it

ytilauxesomoh May 17, 2017 at 8:05 PM UTC

Avicus competitive scene is way too small for this.

cellish May 17, 2017 at 9:05 PM UTC

A leaderboard might be cool. Like the team with best stats etc

RATTLEWARRIOR May 17, 2017 at 9:05 PM UTC

Avicus competitive scene is way too small for this.
i know the point is to make it bigger

DaFrozenBlaze May 18, 2017 at 6:05 AM UTC

If you want official scrimmages you might as well host a tournament
Avicus had a League before, it went ok, but it was stretched out over too long of a period. People actually need to be somewhat dedicated for it to work well. Also there are barely any teams on Avicus anyway.

yummys May 19, 2017 at 12:05 PM UTC

Yeah that would be a cool idea miles.