Avicus Archive

Try this fun test! by MerlinMaster May 27, 2016 at 7:05 PM UTC

The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.

Try it for yourself!

steven5703 May 27, 2016 at 7:05 PM UTC

So you're saying that the FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test? I don't believe you, and I especially don't believe that it gets more difficult as it continues. And the 20 meter pacer test definitely won't begin in 30 seconds, that is impossible, and so is lining up at the start. Also, it is a lie that the running speed starts slowly but gets faster each minute after you hear the beep. Furthermore, a single lap should not be completed each time you hear the ding. It is also impossible to run in a straight line, and for people to run as long as possible. It is unfair that the second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound that your test is over. The test will not begin on the word start, because this test is fake.

TurkishDelite May 28, 2016 at 12:05 AM UTC

Idk if ur joking or not but this is an actual thing in Australia for sport training and school fitness test. 

I got to stage 8 part 4 in the beep test

BoldAndBrash May 28, 2016 at 12:05 AM UTC

Idk if ur joking or not but this is an actual thing in Australia for sport training and school fitness test. 

He is, this somehow turned into a meme.

SnowSX3 May 28, 2016 at 12:05 AM UTC

The dreaded beep test.
That was the Bain of my existence at school haha, everyone hated doing it.

FrozenSolstice May 28, 2016 at 12:05 AM UTC

I had to do this the other day. I dislike the beep test so much.

SnowSX3 May 28, 2016 at 12:05 AM UTC

I had to do this the other day. I dislike the beep test so much.
It's like cross country, no-one but a couple of runners ever liked doing it xD

steven5703 May 28, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

This is not a joke! This is The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test. It's a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.

SnowSX3 May 28, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

This is not a joke! This is The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test. It's a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
We know what it is, if you actually read the comments on this thread you'd know that we're talking about it.

There are two ways to ruin a meme.

Respond to it seriously,
or overplay it so much that the joke becomes so over saturated that it's not 'fun' anymore.

FrozenSolstice May 28, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

We know what it is, if you actually read the comments on this thread you'd know that we're talking about it.

Respond to it seriously,
or overplay it so much that the joke becomes so over saturated that it's not 'fun' anymore.
But why and how was this made a meme?

But why and how was this made a meme?
Don't know don't care :P

28cheetah May 28, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

That's the right attitude!
 :3

_Nathy May 28, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

beep test is ez, level 12.6

BoldAndBrash May 28, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

Don't know don't care :P
It's different in Australia in America. I don't know how they do it in Australia, but in Ameroca, we run back in forth and every time we get to the end on time, we get 1 point. I heard in Australia you use decimals or something I dunno lol.

It's different in Australia in America. I don't know how they do it in Australia, but in Ameroca, we run back in forth and every time we get to the end on time, we get 1 point. I heard in Australia you use decimals or something I dunno lol.
Bloody Australians.
It's a good thing I'm from New Zealand.

steven5703 May 28, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

Respond to it seriously,
This is not a meme. It's a  multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues.

BoldAndBrash May 28, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

Bloody Australians.
...same thing

Eklip_Z May 28, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

Bloody Australians.
Fairly sure that our beep test is the same as Australia's. 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc etc.

Fairly sure that our beep test is the same as Australia's. 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc etc.
Hmm good point.
I guess I was playing more attention on not dying then counting numbers xD

...same thing
Sacre Bleu!

Eklip_Z May 28, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

Hmm good point.
I guess I was playing more attention on not dying then counting numbers xD
11.9 mate.

Okiba May 28, 2016 at 2:05 AM UTC

I was wrong to think he was serious.

So, so wrong.

Posighdun May 28, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

4, xD

Xuph May 28, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

hilarious

DaFrozenBlaze May 28, 2016 at 10:05 AM UTC

Never heard of it what

PokerFace May 28, 2016 at 10:05 AM UTC

Myworld6 May 28, 2016 at 1:05 PM UTC

I would, but I'm a swimmer, not a runner. =P

Sevoo May 28, 2016 at 1:05 PM UTC

Beep test fuck me

i did the cooper test the other day when it was 30 celsius outside i felt like i was going to die LOL

34th May 28, 2016 at 2:05 PM UTC

Did this for hpe last year. 13.7

MerlinMaster May 29, 2016 at 3:05 AM UTC

Beep test fuck me

i did the cooper test the other day when it was 30 celsius outside i felt like i was going to die LOL
Wimp

ImNotYourTiger May 29, 2016 at 3:05 AM UTC

In America you run back and forth as many times as possible.

Sevoo May 29, 2016 at 12:05 PM UTC

Wimp
o

Indicado May 29, 2016 at 2:05 PM UTC

In America you run back and forth as many times as possible.
In my school its the same, like 20 meters and you need to run at the start slowly before it does beep, 1 minute = 1 point out 10, i did 7