Avicus Archive

Private forums chat ? Suggestion by Rombeyy January 27, 2017 at 11:01 AM UTC

Ok so I Just had this idea of having the possibility to chat with your friends on the forums, like let's say I want to talk with my sexy boy dev_revs so I go to his profile and click an option on his profile or something to start talking/chating with him and maybe have the possibility to add more people to the chat or something

Posighdun January 27, 2017 at 11:01 AM UTC

This has been suggested numerous amounts of times. It's a good idea but I believe it was denied because it would mean the website would be very slow.

Rombeyy January 27, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

This has been suggested numerous amounts of times. It's a good idea but I believe it was denied because it would mean the website would be very slow.
O didn't know that it has been suggested before xD well it's something that I just thought about it, idk if it would lag the page, if the forums have a decent amount of ram and a good host then it's fine

AtditC January 27, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

-1 It's useless, you can go to a player's profile and check if they have skype or facebook and contact them there. It's just wasting the developers time, they could be developing more important things in the time.

-1 It's useless, you can go to a player's profile and check if they have skype or facebook and contact them there. It's just wasting the developers time, they could be developing more important things in the time.
Lemme ask u did u ever contact with ur minecraft friends on Facebook? LOL and wat if I'm in my mobile ? Then the chat it's useful for something quick u know wat I mean?

AtditC January 27, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

Lemme ask u did u ever contact with ur minecraft friends on Facebook? LOL and wat if I'm in my mobile ? Then the chat it's useful for something quick u know wat I mean?
Skype?

Skype?
Forums chat ? U don't have to download anything dude it's practical

Lasuz January 27, 2017 at 1:01 PM UTC

You just took those  words out of mine mouth :o

Walt January 27, 2017 at 1:01 PM UTC

-1, bunch of other services you can use for privately speaking with someone (Skype,Discord, Teamspeak, Mumble, Telegram, Kik, iMessage, etc).

Rombeyy January 27, 2017 at 1:01 PM UTC

That moment when u try to be helpful but anyone likes you ...

Myworld6 January 27, 2017 at 3:01 PM UTC

That moment when u try to be helpful but anyone likes you ...
It's not about disliking you, they're just discussing your suggestion. :)

CatCutie_ January 27, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

Not everyone has their skype or any other way to contact them on their forum profile

XGalibur January 27, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

I think it was an alright suggestion, if you are able to add it, it would help out with catching some of the hackers/getting staff to come one, let me explain: I usually always leave forums up on another tab, because I like to check it every now and then, and often there is a hacker or two on the server and no mods, but some mods are on the forums, commenting etc...So if we added this messaging thing we could contact mods and tell them to come online.

PS: Just a suggestion.

dev_revs January 27, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

Some people don't want to put their public information on the forums (I wouldn't put my email, number, or other personal stuff. I've always liked this idea. It's more efficient to message someone on forums, it may prevent unnecessary comments on posts too.

Rombeyy January 27, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

Some people don't want to put their public information on the forums (I wouldn't put my email, number, or other personal stuff. I've always liked this idea. It's more efficient to message someone on forums, it may prevent unnecessary comments on posts too.
X2 to my sexy boy

Acceqted January 27, 2017 at 10:01 PM UTC

I think the whole reason he suggested having forum messaging was so you don't have to go onto another platform.

dev_revs January 27, 2017 at 10:01 PM UTC

I think the whole reason he suggested having forum messaging was so you don't have to go onto another platform.
+911