Avicus Archive

What will be done? by Or8 November 2, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

I was wondering what staff is planning to stop the decreasing player rate. 

Tbh I don't think skywars was a good idea because a lot of servers already have it like hypixel, mineplex and many other small servers. All skywars is doing is maybe keeping the people that were going to quit avicus for a little longer. I'm assuming there's more to this plan so my question is 

What is staff doing /going to do?

Ok since we proved the community doesn't like/agree with some things that staff is doing, let's turn this into a suggestion thread  :)

Turfs November 2, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

They have said they would contact youtubers to grow in player count but two months have gone and I don't see any youtubers

InLoc November 2, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

Lol avicus is dead

AtditC November 2, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

Lol avicus is dead
So let's revive it again!

hasl November 2, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

Looking at the sneak peaks from the Twitter page you can expect an update November 6th, this Saturday; it looks to be the implantation of CaptureTheFlag and KingOfTheKill.
After that I suppose the Devs will work on the tourney plugin or ranked, preferably the plugin first.
That'll be the biggest attraction.
The last chance.

Myworld6 November 2, 2016 at 9:11 PM UTC

Looking at the sneak peaks from the Twitter page you can expect an update November 6th, this Saturday; it looks to be the implantation of CaptureTheFlag and KingOfTheKill.
After that I suppose the Devs will work on the tourney plugin or ranked, preferably the plugin first.
The last chance.
I'd prefer to have Nexus back but...

Lol avicus is dead
Since you're the shining example of optimism and experience, share your wisdom with us, oh great one! =)

Tarheelkiwi November 2, 2016 at 9:11 PM UTC

Since you're the shining example of optimism and experience, share your wisdom with us, oh great one! =)
Some people aren't looking for anything logical.  Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Some people aren't looking for anything logical.  Some people just want to watch the world burn.
That's how it starts. The salt, the boredom, the lack of perspective that turns good players...Cruel.

dev_revs November 2, 2016 at 9:11 PM UTC

The last chance.
Great idea! Lets bring some gamemodes that people wont play just like skywars!

100% agree with you tho R3D, pointless to have it on here.

Goodnighht November 2, 2016 at 9:11 PM UTC

Walls is coming back. That should bring at least a few players back. I know that's one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to, along with a pretty good amount of people who have been playing Walls for 2-4 years. I'm just hoping it's not completely broken. xd I trust the MapDevs though, they'll do good with Walls. :^)

Myworld6 November 2, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

Walls is coming back. That should bring at least a few players back. I know that's one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to, along with a pretty good amount of people who have been playing Walls for 2-4 years. I'm just hoping it's not completely broken. xd I trust the MapDevs though, they'll do good with Walls. :^)
If that and Nexus get brought back, we may get a few more players back. Every player counts.

Or8 November 3, 2016 at 12:11 AM UTC

Sigh, walls...  Cough hypixel....  We need original ideas, especially NOT games that exist on HUGE servers

thespina November 3, 2016 at 1:11 AM UTC

They should allow hacked clients and auto clicker to improve the entertainment levels

SnowSX3 November 3, 2016 at 1:11 AM UTC

Sigh, walls...  Cough hypixel....  We need original ideas, especially NOT games that exist on HUGE servers
To be fair, we did have Walls publicly before Hypixel.

InLoc November 3, 2016 at 1:11 AM UTC

So let's revive it again!
Nice meme

Or8 November 3, 2016 at 2:11 AM UTC

To be fair, we did have Walls publicly before Hypixel.
Well it's not my fault u didn't develop it and make enough updates, u just let hypixel take over completely

DaFrozenBlaze November 3, 2016 at 3:11 AM UTC

Let it die

SnowSX3 November 3, 2016 at 3:11 AM UTC

Well it's not my fault u didn't develop it and make enough updates, u just let hypixel take over completely
Hey! I didn't do nothing!

Goodnighht November 3, 2016 at 4:11 AM UTC

Walls was starting to become popular again on Avicus before Atlas. And if you're so intent on getting new games on Avicus then give some ideas instead of complaining that we have none. Walls started Avicus, and Keenan isn't about to let it go away. I get it if you don't like the gamemode, but adding gamemodes that some people left because they were removed, is a good way to not only get players back, but get new players that like those gamemodes as well. Knockback and hit detection was a big reason a lot of people left, and both of those have gotten much, much better in Atlas. People aren't going to realize that unless they have a reason to come back and try. Instead of complaining, help out. Since your ban you've been very toxic, and I understand why, you're mad about your ban, it makes sense, but please, if you're going to stick around, at least try to be non-toxic before you get yourself forum banned as well. (None of this was personal, but you have been pretty toxic lately.)

Edit: To add what to Snow said, Walls was released on Avicus publicly before it was on Hypixel, so your point is invalid. Along with the fact that the way Hypixel Walls is set-up, is stupid. If you're new to Hypixel you have no chance what so ever of winning a game. It's set-up so that the longer you've played the better stuff you start out with. The only people that play Walls on Hypixel is the people that have been playing for years and years, the people that have all the OP kits, and upgrades. Because without them, you can't win. You walk into a game and get 3-5 shot by nearly everyone when you have full iron. 

On Avicus, Walls needs a new kit system, something new and improved, similer to prestiges, but using Credits. Along side that it needs more maps, better/improved kits, and the MapDevs need to listen to the people that play Walls, and not just what they see. I know the MapDevs think about every aspect of gameplay, and ascetics, but sometimes the way a map is played might look good from a spectator's perspective but not at all from a player's perspective. A good example of this is the map Swampland Terrors. Nothing against the map, it looks and plays well, but the map is made for shorter, more action packed gameplay, and the way it plays is the opposite. It can easily be a long, drawn out map, that can take an hour plus to play, just because of a couple problems with it.

Note the MapDevs: I'm not a great builder but I'm willing to help with Walls maps, and kits if it's needed, nearly 4 years of learning & playing Walls would be helpful. ;p

benaye November 3, 2016 at 6:11 AM UTC

Skywars has been on the server for a decent 2 weeks now I'd say, and so far I've seen an amazing 5 games in total being played. That's on average one game every 2.8 days, which is utter shit.

AtditC November 3, 2016 at 6:11 AM UTC

Skywars has been on the server for a decent 2 weeks now I'd say, and so far I've seen an amazing 5 games in total being played. That's on average one game every 2.8 days, which is utter shit.
"5 games in total"

There were way more than 5 games only. Do you think SkyWars is only being played when you're online? :P I've seen way more than 5 games and I already played like 30 rounds. We just need to advertise the SkyWars so the players join them without spamming in chat 3 times "Skywars! NOW at: /sv SkyWars1" It's more like ~2-4 rotations/day

"5 games in total"

There were way more than 5 games only. Do you think SkyWars is only being played when you're online? :P I've seen way more than 5 games and I already played like 30 rounds. We just need to advertise the SkyWars so the players join them without spamming in chat 3 times "Skywars! NOW at: /sv SkyWars1" It's more like ~2-4 rotations/day
No, I wasn't implying that at all.

Also, I've heard so much about this "advertising", and I don't see many new players or famous YouTubers yet.

I've also heard that we're "working" on it, and I respect that. But just ask yourselves,

Is it really working?

xNemoII November 3, 2016 at 6:11 AM UTC

If they were gonna add skywars back atleast add the one from mczone cos why would people play skywars on avicus when you could play on other servers with more players and better set up 

atlas kinda killed avicus a bit its ruined the competitive scene and I preferred it playing coth, nexus and walls

If they were gonna add skywars back atleast add the one from mczone cos why would people play skywars on avicus when you could play on other servers with more players and better set up 

atlas kinda killed avicus a bit its ruined the competitive scene and I preferred it playing coth, nexus and walls
Well, something that takes the player count from around 40-50 to around 10-15.

SnowSX3 November 3, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

Well, something that takes the player count from around 40-50 to around 10-15.
Avicus hit the 10-15 player count way before the Atlas update.

Or8 November 3, 2016 at 11:11 AM UTC

Walls was starting to become popular again on Avicus before Atlas. And if you're so intent on getting new games on Avicus then give some ideas instead of complaining that we have none. Walls started Avicus, and Keenan isn't about to let it go away. I get it if you don't like the gamemode, but adding gamemodes that some people left because they were removed, is a good way to not only get players back, but get new players that like those gamemodes as well. Knockback and hit detection was a big reason a lot of people left, and both of those have gotten much, much better in Atlas. People aren't going to realize that unless they have a reason to come back and try. Instead of complaining, help out. Since your ban you've been very toxic, and I understand why, you're mad about your ban, it makes sense, but please, if you're going to stick around, at least try to be non-toxic before you get yourself forum banned as well. (None of this was personal, but you have been pretty toxic lately.)

Edit: To add what to Snow said, Walls was released on Avicus publicly before it was on Hypixel, so your point is invalid. Along with the fact that the way Hypixel Walls is set-up, is stupid. If you're new to Hypixel you have no chance what so ever of winning a game. It's set-up so that the longer you've played the better stuff you start out with. The only people that play Walls on Hypixel is the people that have been playing for years and years, the people that have all the OP kits, and upgrades. Because without them, you can't win. You walk into a game and get 3-5 shot by nearly everyone when you have full iron. 

On Avicus, Walls needs a new kit system, something new and improved, similer to prestiges, but using Credits. Along side that it needs more maps, better/improved kits, and the MapDevs need to listen to the people that play Walls, and not just what they see. I know the MapDevs think about every aspect of gameplay, and ascetics, but sometimes the way a map is played might look good from a spectator's perspective but not at all from a player's perspective. A good example of this is the map Swampland Terrors. Nothing against the map, it looks and plays well, but the map is made for shorter, more action packed gameplay, and the way it plays is the opposite. It can easily be a long, drawn out map, that can take an hour plus to play, just because of a couple problems with it.

Note the MapDevs: I'm not a great builder but I'm willing to help with Walls maps, and kits if it's needed, nearly 4 years of learning & playing Walls would be helpful. ;p
I'm toxic because I said u have no original games? you can bring people back, thing is avicus was never a huge server so unless u bring new players it's not gnna work... what I'm not saying it should be like hypixel and no my point isn't invalid because you actually didn't develop it as much as it needed to be obviously, I played the game 2 times and everythijg was all over the place for a new player like me

"5 games in total"

Don't spend money on advertising, please don't....  like srsly don't u understand that skywars isn't the right game. Hypixel skywars takes about 5-8 mins max,Has perks, Has kits, has 6 differ modes now, tons of cosmetics, tons of maps...  1hy would someone come play YOUR skywars... your not bringing new players

Posighdun November 3, 2016 at 11:11 AM UTC

I'm toxic because I said u have no original games? you can bring people back, thing is avicus was never a huge server so unless u bring new players it's not gnna work... what I'm not saying it should be like hypixel and no my point isn't invalid because you actually didn't develop it as much as it needed to be obviously, I played the game 2 times and everythijg was all over the place for a new player like me
That's a bit inaccurate. Walls, back in 2012/13, was one of the reason we were so big. I don't know when you joined this server but it was one or the biggest servers out there in 2013. Updating Walls was never an issue.

That's a bit inaccurate. Walls, back in 2012/13, was one of the reason we were so big. I don't know when you joined this server but it was one or the biggest servers out there in 2013. Updating Walls was never an issue.
Not back then obviously, question is where are they all now? what I'm saying is why did you let hypixel take over walls

Avicus hit the 10-15 player count way before the Atlas update.
I think he means it decreased it not increased, from 40 to 50 b4 atlas and now 10-20

idek if it's true cus i never check its just the other guys comment so don't get mad at me cus u have more than that

Posighdun November 3, 2016 at 12:11 PM UTC

Not back then obviously, question is where are they all now? what I'm saying is why did you let hypixel take over walls
Things change. People move on, new gamemodes  produced by other servers attracted people, and to be frank Minecraft isn't what it use to be. A lot of people don't play it anymore. You can't expect people to stay in one place without checking everything else out.

keller183 November 3, 2016 at 12:11 PM UTC

I'd prefer to have Nexus back but...
Nexus/Old CTH > Nebula

Lycorais November 3, 2016 at 1:11 PM UTC

Didn't Avicus had capture the hill in the past?

DaGoldBrick November 3, 2016 at 1:11 PM UTC

Things change. People move on, new gamemodes  produced by other servers attracted people, and to be frank Minecraft isn't what it use to be. A lot of people don't play it anymore. You can't expect people to stay in one place without checking everything else out.
What's the point of adding skywars? Why would anybody choose to play a subpar server for skywars such as avicus when they can just go to hypixel and overall experience a better time playing the gamemode? Avicus had 1 successful and good quality gamemode in DTM, idk why you're trying to add new gamemodes to the server at all. If I was a new player I would choose to play hypixel or mineplex over avicus because they have a better quality standard (coming from a larger playerbase) and the social aspect of the gamemode is a lot better on those 2 larger servers too. As I see it, you have 0 reasons to add any new updates, it just harms the 1 successful gamemode you have if anything. Make something more unique if anything as opposed to randomly adding shit like skywars into the server.

ogel November 3, 2016 at 1:11 PM UTC

nothing, avicus is a sinking ship

Clijmart November 3, 2016 at 3:11 PM UTC

Not trying to sound negative or anything, but...
When a ship is so badly damaged, which makes it sink like avicus does.
Why fix the ship instead of getting a new one?

I think instead of reviving old games, they should try to create new and original ones.
I like CTF, CTH and SW, but it won't get you móre players than you got right now, I'd say.
Why make games that have been made hundreds of times already, when you can think of amazing new ones, get youtubers to be excited of it and get players that way?

ProfessorUtonium November 3, 2016 at 3:11 PM UTC

this is a pent up rant about the current state of the server

if any staff are reading this, do not take this personal. It's just something you guys could improve on. Just a bridge between staff and community to show the "behind the scenes" stuff.

Let's be honest here. Avicus won't last in 2017 (wouldn't be surprised if it fell even before 2017). There are inconsistencies everywhere. The failure to optimize advertisement and staff recruitment is a big issue by the admins. The senior team needs to start working more while Mods are the only ones working (Teamspeak/server moderation and discussions). Teamspeak is falling because of the way the admins are running it. I'm currently carrying Teamspeak (with a developer, alm and piez) and working on the ts server all by ourselves. There is really no effort by admins to really discuss about the server. The developers, they are REALLY inactive and quite frankly, aren't talking to us at all. You see the things that us mapdevs are making? Yeah. The devs aren't talking to us with new XML features making maps interesting. We’re forced to do this by ourselves. The only developer who really talks to us is ALM. I talk to him everyday regarding the server and we’ve discussed many things to improve the server. Now to the mapdevs. The mapdevs need to start organizing more things. The headmapdevs really don't talk to us and the regular mapdevs, (para, jozz, and I) are really just trying to lift a dead elephant and carry it across a field. You know how terrible the skywars release was? That was supposed to be released 3 weeks prior. You know that map testing event thread? That was a failure of communication in the mapdev channel. To the mods, mods are cool. They actually do their jobs :^). Officials, idk I don't work with them. Builders are cool. They help mapdevs build maps. 

There has been zero effect in doing anything. While you guys are being told that advertisement is on its way, you know what I'm being told? This is very insufficient and there needs to be more donor perks and shop items that will increase the want for players to spend money (planned some ideas with ALM so stay tuned :) ). This is just the current stance of advertisement and gaining new ppl.

oh and if I get demoted because of this, at least I was filling a gap between staff and community by stating my opinion and showing what's happening inside the staff team for community members to see what's happening.

I would also like to congratulate ALM for being the main/only person really communicating and connecting devs, officials, map devs, and admins. 

So back to the main topic of what's next, What improvements would you guys like to see? I’m already seeing walls (planned), CTH (unsure), and nexus (planned) but is there anything else you guys want to suggest to get the dead server back on their shoes? Any Teamspeak updates, map stuff, donator perks, shop items, xml module updates, new features, gamemode suggestions, or what ever else you can think of that can improve the server for new players and make it easier for us to advertise without the need for money?

cya

Tazz November 3, 2016 at 4:11 PM UTC

if any staff are reading this, do not take this personal. It's just something you guys could improve on. Just a bridge between staff and community to show the "behind the scenes" stuff.

Let's be honest here. Avicus won't last in 2017 (wouldn't be surprised if it fell even before 2017). There are inconsistencies everywhere. The failure to optimize advertisement and staff recruitment is a big issue by the admins. The senior team needs to start working more while Mods are the only ones working (Teamspeak/server moderation and discussions). Teamspeak is falling because of the way the admins are running it. I'm currently carrying Teamspeak (with a developer, alm and piez) and working on the ts server all by ourselves. There is really no effort by admins to really discuss about the server. The developers, they are REALLY inactive and quite frankly, aren't talking to us at all. You see the things that us mapdevs are making? Yeah. The devs aren't talking to us with new XML features making maps interesting. We’re forced to do this by ourselves. The only developer who really talks to us is ALM. I talk to him everyday regarding the server and we’ve discussed many things to improve the server. Now to the mapdevs. The mapdevs need to start organizing more things. The headmapdevs really don't talk to us and the regular mapdevs, (para, jozz, and I) are really just trying to lift a dead elephant and carry it across a field. You know how terrible the skywars release was? That was supposed to be released 3 weeks prior. You know that map testing event thread? That was a failure of communication in the mapdev channel. To the mods, mods are cool. They actually do their jobs :^). Officials, idk I don't work with them. Builders are cool. They help mapdevs build maps. 

There has been zero effect in doing anything. While you guys are being told that advertisement is on its way, you know what I'm being told? This is very insufficient and there needs to be more donor perks and shop items that will increase the want for players to spend money (planned some ideas with ALM so stay tuned :) ). This is just the current stance of advertisement and gaining new ppl.

oh and if I get demoted because of this, at least I was filling a gap between staff and community by stating my opinion and showing what's happening inside the staff team for community members to see what's happening.

I would also like to congratulate ALM for being the main/only person really communicating and connecting devs, officials, map devs, and admins. 

So back to the main topic of what's next, What improvements would you guys like to see? I’m already seeing walls (planned), CTH (unsure), and nexus (planned) but is there anything else you guys want to suggest to get the dead server back on their shoes? Any Teamspeak updates, map stuff, donator perks, shop items, xml module updates, new features, gamemode suggestions, or what ever else you can think of that can improve the server for new players and make it easier for us to advertise without the need for money?

cya

Demoted.

thank you.

ProfessorUtonium November 3, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

Demoted.

thank you.
thanks

ogel November 3, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

Avi's casual gamemodes/gameplay/maps will never be as good as ocn's therefore they won't get any new players from adding stuff that ocn already has. And seeing that they have no active devs they won't get any unique gamemodes. So IMO Avicus should just focus on competitive and try to "steal" the competitive players from ocn/badlion. Its already got the gamemodes plus its on 1.8. All they really need to do to have a decent tournament is get a decent prizepool like $250-500, good tournament format, and great ocn level competitive maps.

hasl November 3, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

cya

preach my god

Goodnighht November 3, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

cya

Well that was helpful, even to me. As far as I knew advertisement was coming soon, like everyone has said. I also agree with everything you said in there, the only thing I would add is the gap between Seniors and Mods. I don't know how much the Senior Mods know, and it should be more than the Mods know, but I know at least for the short time being Mod, I know the same amount I would know if I only looked at the forums. It's hard to answer questions when I know as much as everyone else. It would be good to know at least something about updates and things coming, other than that they are coming sometime soon.

Edit: #Seth4Admin

KadirGarib November 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

just sell it or something, someone with money will buy it and actually do stuff to the server

Or8 November 3, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

just sell it or something, someone with money will buy it and actually do stuff to the server
LOL maybe if the server was worth something, and they would divide the money leaving probs like 10 dollars for probably 100's of hours spent for the owner

KadirGarib November 3, 2016 at 11:11 PM UTC

LOL maybe if the server was worth something, and they would divide the money leaving probs like 10 dollars for probably 100's of hours spent for the owner
i'll be honest here, avicus has a lot of potential, but if the admins want avicus to remain alive, they may as well admit that they have no money and sell it to someone that can bring it back up.

a 20-30+ playerbase server itself is worth well over $2k in todays market. however, since avicus has a lot of custom things (forums, plugins, maps, etc.), I would estimate avicus to be worth around $5k-$7k

SnowSX3 November 3, 2016 at 11:11 PM UTC

i'll be honest here, avicus has a lot of potential, but if the admins want avicus to remain alive, they may as well admit that they have no money and sell it to someone that can bring it back up.

a 20-30+ playerbase server itself is worth well over $2k in todays market. however, since avicus has a lot of custom things (forums, plugins, maps, etc.), I would estimate avicus to be worth around $5k-$7k
No one would want to buy Avicus for $2000

Overcast got bought out only days before folding completely.

If Overcast can BARELY sell then there's no hope for Avicus.

Glitchaye November 4, 2016 at 12:11 AM UTC

cya

"What improvements would you guys like to see?"

Think back. Think back to 2013-2014.

What kept players hooked, what kept them playing and wanting more? Honestly, my memory is really bad so while I can't really remember much of old Avicus, surely SOMEONE will, and those that do, what was different about Avicus back then compared to now that made it actually huge? Was it the large amount of gamemodes or something? I cant remember.

There needs to be a reason to play, theres no end goal currently, no gain, no nothing, sure there are credits but they dont really do too much in terms of accomplishment.

ogel November 4, 2016 at 12:11 AM UTC

Its not worth 2k lol. Maybe $200

dev_revs November 4, 2016 at 1:11 AM UTC

"5 games in total"

People. Will. Not. Come. Here. For. Our. Skywars.

dev_revs November 4, 2016 at 1:11 AM UTC

I know many people who would be interested in buying that actually care to make it better.

KadirGarib November 4, 2016 at 1:11 AM UTC

Yes, people would want to buy avicus, mainly for the playerbase. even a small playerbase like this is worth quite a lot.

Unlike Avicus, OCN had a consistent playerbase of 150+ players everyday, avicus on the other hand loses players monthly....

How do you know Overcast could barely sell? They wanted investors/buyers to come to them, not the other way around, hence why they seemed to have "barely been able to sell"

Believe it or not, OCN/Avicus are worth a lot more than what you think.

KadirGarib November 4, 2016 at 1:11 AM UTC

I know many people who would be interested in buying that actually care to make it better.
Avicus needs a buyer or investor if it wants to survive.

Crazy_ November 4, 2016 at 3:11 AM UTC

To be fair, it wasn't like there weren't deals until the last day

edit - the mere fact that it was bought on the last day like it was makes me assume it wasn't Apple's first choice to be bought by Lifeboat

vladthegreat100 November 4, 2016 at 3:11 AM UTC

Lifeboat Network actually contacted OCN months before they even announced shutting down. Overcast only decided to take the deal a few days before.

But I can agree, no one would purchase Avicus for 2K.
It would be too big and a risky investment for the buyer.

SnowSX3 November 4, 2016 at 4:11 AM UTC

I understand OCN had casual offers. But nothing was finalised until that last second deal with Lifeboat. 

Give me an idea on who would buy Avicus, considering it's 'worth more than I think'.
KadirGarib

SnowSX3 November 4, 2016 at 4:11 AM UTC

Lifeboat Network actually contacted OCN months before they even announced shutting down. Overcast only decided to take the deal a few days before.

But I can agree, no one would purchase Avicus for 2K.
It would be too big and a risky investment for the buyer.
It would be pretty stupid to invest in Avicus in it's current state, considering the terrible state the sever atm.

Goodnighht November 4, 2016 at 4:11 AM UTC

"What improvements would you guys like to see?"

Think back. Think back to 2013-2014.

What kept players hooked, what kept them playing and wanting more? Honestly, my memory is really bad so while I can't really remember much of old Avicus, surely SOMEONE will, and those that do, what was different about Avicus back then compared to now that made it actually huge? Was it the large amount of gamemodes or something? I cant remember.

There needs to be a reason to play, theres no end goal currently, no gain, no nothing, sure there are credits but they dont really do too much in terms of accomplishment.
*cough* prestiges *cough*
+1
I didn't play anything other then Walls back then, but the moment Walls lost prestiges it died. There is absolutely nothing to work for in Walls anymore. It's all just about playing a 10 minute grace period and fighting for a full 5 minutes and going to get the next game. (In Walls, as I know nothing about the other gamemodes) They need to raise height limits a lot, change the kits with the Walls community's help and input, accept more maps for at least testing (This is huge. Some maps don't look amazing but the gameplay would be amazing on them. It's hard to see that sometimes without testing or playing only Walls for 2 out of the 4 years you've been on Avicus. MapDevs are smart, and they know about each gamemode, but Seth is the only current MapDev that I've seen play walls on a regular basis in the past. I've seen MapDevs spectate matches before, but honestly you can't spectate Walls and see good gameplay, unless you play it consistently.), and bring back some older maps that were amazing. (Blue Cove, Tetris Plains, MonsterBash, and Grotto Arena to list a few examples.) Yes, I know, Tetris Plains was broken, and we need the map from the map makers, and that will probably not happen.

Glitchaye November 4, 2016 at 4:11 AM UTC

*cough* prestiges *cough*
+1
I didn't play anything other then Walls back then, but the moment Walls lost prestiges it died. There is absolutely nothing to work for in Walls anymore. It's all just about playing a 10 minute grace period and fighting for a full 5 minutes and going to get the next game. (In Walls, as I know nothing about the other gamemodes) They need to raise height limits a lot, change the kits with the Walls community's help and input, accept more maps for at least testing (This is huge. Some maps don't look amazing but the gameplay would be amazing on them. It's hard to see that sometimes without testing or playing only Walls for 2 out of the 4 years you've been on Avicus. MapDevs are smart, and they know about each gamemode, but Seth is the only current MapDev that I've seen play walls on a regular basis in the past. I've seen MapDevs spectate matches before, but honestly you can't spectate Walls and see good gameplay, unless you play it consistently.), and bring back some older maps that were amazing. (Blue Cove, Tetris Plains, MonsterBash, and Grotto Arena to list a few examples.) Yes, I know, Tetris Plains was broken, and we need the map from the map makers, and that will probably not happen.
I think the "overpowered" maps and prestiges (go away ill shill prestige/xp system as much as I want) made Avicus feel like a more "Arcade-Like" experience, and not a super serious server.

I honestly think the arcade like feel better suited Avicus, rather than this weird kinda mainstream server it is now, as players wouldnt have to really care about putting a lot of time into it to become really good and rather could play a little and have a good time because of the OP maps that used to exist (Rapture v2 anyone?)

Zeusy November 4, 2016 at 4:11 AM UTC

staff can't do jack shit first of all, only developers and the owner. and the server has been in a declining state since it updated to avicus, big time period for your little 7 year old mind. this time is no different.

Posighdun November 4, 2016 at 6:11 AM UTC

I understand OCN had casual offers. But nothing was finalised until that last second deal with Lifeboat. 

Give me an idea on who would buy Avicus, considering it's 'worth more than I think'.
KadirGarib
You'd be surpised.

hasl November 4, 2016 at 6:11 AM UTC

Add prestiges and see the player count increase, I guarantee it will.

Raikkou November 4, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

^^

Posighdun November 4, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

Alrighty, cracks knuckles 

Firstly I don't know if people actually realise this but stuff is being done. Stuff gets done everyday, we're admins for a reason and we have a role for a reason.... Although some of you might not see some of what happens around here a lot gets done on a day to day basis. This goes for staff members as well. Please do not presume that nothing is being done, the senior staff are useless and the owner doesn't care because remember you don't see what we do. There is always, and I mean always, stuff happening.

In regards with skywars. We know full well that right now our skywars won't attract players. The point of releasing this was to show people a little glimps of what is to come. This isn't the entire gamemode, there will be heaps more variations of it to come. And you can check twitter for those sneak peaks :P

In regards with Advertising. I don't know how many times I have to say this. There are still things we need to fix and as a result we can't go out advertising or people won't stay. We're working on fixing these issues. And like I already said in the last community update we did do some advertising but we aren't going to do anymore until we have fixed some of these problems.

You might not think anyone is interested in this network but you'd be suprised. Servers a lot bigger than we are, some of them most of you might have even played on, have been interested in us in the past and we can easily use this to our advantage if things didn't work out.

If people want to help out rather than just rant about stuff they don't know much about or just pressume stuff and make asumptions then we might actually be getting somewhere. Also, remember that at the end of the day the survival of this server comes down to the owner and the developers. There are stuff Senior Staff can do but unfortunately it's not as though we can click our fingers and get things fixed in a second. There is still time to fix this place but we all have to work together. In the next community update I'll be addressing this a bit better.

My points:
- Please don't make assumptions about whose doing and who isn't doing stuff. You guys don't see what we do. 
- We stopped advertising because of a few big issues. Until we can fix them there is no point advertising as we can't keep players and they'll just leave.
- Have faith please. We've been in this cycle for like almost 2 years now and it has been a lot worse than what it currently is. There is still time

CatCutie_ November 4, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

Okay this has probably been requested before, but i think a lot of people are leaving because of a lot of hackers. If you guys develop an anticheat/get a good anticheat it would be more appealing for people to join. But thats just my opinion.

Raikkou November 4, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

Okay this has probably been requested before, but i think a lot of people are leaving because of a lot of hackers. If you guys develop an anticheat/get a good anticheat it would be more appealing for people to join. But thats just my opinion.
https://youtu.be/JNZxKwairHc

^^^

Downfall of avicus!

Jk but things like this brings hackers to the servers who ruins the experience for the rest of us

Posighdun November 4, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

What's the point of adding skywars? Why would anybody choose to play a subpar server for skywars such as avicus when they can just go to hypixel and overall experience a better time playing the gamemode? Avicus had 1 successful and good quality gamemode in DTM, idk why you're trying to add new gamemodes to the server at all. If I was a new player I would choose to play hypixel or mineplex over avicus because they have a better quality standard (coming from a larger playerbase) and the social aspect of the gamemode is a lot better on those 2 larger servers too. As I see it, you have 0 reasons to add any new updates, it just harms the 1 successful gamemode you have if anything. Make something more unique if anything as opposed to randomly adding shit like skywars into the server.
As I said above. The point of adding this version is to show our current members what's going to be happening. We know full well there is no point to having just one version of skywars that other servers can do better. We have other stuff planned ,which will come out very soon. that will make the sS,ywars more unique and give it an Avicus touch/feeling.

DaFrozenBlaze November 4, 2016 at 8:11 AM UTC

Not sure if you're serious about that but looking at this post, probably not

Myworld6 November 4, 2016 at 8:11 AM UTC

Preach! Walls was the gamemode that made Avicus popular. Adding back it and Nexus will definitely bring back some players and encourage inactive players to start playing again.

Adding more gamemodes whilst these are missing when they are already vastly more popular on bigger servers is pointless.

Posighdun November 4, 2016 at 10:11 AM UTC

That response still doesn't answer my question though.
That wasn't an answer, just a statement ;P I was responding to your statement. I didn't see a question.

Crimson_Aught November 4, 2016 at 12:11 PM UTC

It is very sad, when something is falling apart.
I think, the last Avicus main mistake was an unfinished update. After that server lost the most popular maps, decreased amount of the rest, and didn't get any new gamemodes and maps. They are coming now, 2 months(!) after update. Like, wtf? And someone is wondered, why Avicus seems dying?
That one, who pressed the "Update" button in August, almost killed the server. You just add nothing, except what? New plugins? Server menu? Awful lobby? Oh no, dear, ordinary players wouldn't eat that.
They cryed: "don't delete throwback maps, rebuild them, spread them...".  And what had you done? You hadn't listened to them. Again.
You had to postpone the update for another 3 months, when most of promissed stuff would be finished, and implement it all together.

hasl November 4, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

It is very sad, when something is falling apart.
I think, the last Avicus main mistake was an unfinished update. After that server lost the most popular maps, decreased amount of the rest, and didn't get any new gamemodes and maps. They are coming now, 2 months(!) after update. Like, wtf? And someone is wondered, why Avicus seems dying?
That one, who pressed the "Update" button in August, almost killed the server. You just add nothing, except what? New plugins? Server menu? Awful lobby? Oh no, dear, ordinary players wouldn't eat that.
They cryed: "don't delete throwback maps, rebuild them, spread them...".  And what had you done? You hadn't listened to them. Again.
You had to postpone the update for another 3 months, when most of promissed stuff would be finished, and implement it all together.
There's one major flaw in this community.

They won't accept change.

NolanDalton November 4, 2016 at 5:11 PM UTC

I think it's about time for Avicus to look into selling/merging with another network, Avicus is worth at least a bit considering the complexity of the plugins/website and the small community still here. I think a merge with another network could bring new players in and would provide some fresh leadership, nothing against the admins, as I'm unfamiliar with the present state of the staff team. Overall though I think Minecraft just isn't as popular anymore, MC Zone used to have 1500+ plus while OCN had more than that, now Avicus has 20 and OCN has 150.

NolanDalton November 4, 2016 at 6:11 PM UTC

And why is this the communities fault? It's the staffs job to serve the community and implement viable things that are popular with them.

Of course they're sick of all the updates you guys have pushed out on them while the player count dwindles, I lost interest in MC long ago, but I can't imagine being an active player here still and having to watch the server that used to have a thriving community and plenty of full servers die a slow painful death.

hasl November 4, 2016 at 6:11 PM UTC

And why is this the communities fault? It's the staffs job to serve the community and implement viable things that are popular with them.

Of course they're sick of all the updates you guys have pushed out on them while the player count dwindles, I lost interest in MC long ago, but I can't imagine being an active player here still and having to watch the server that used to have a thriving community and plenty of full servers die a slow painful death.
I never said it was their fault, however a clear example is Quintus.

The Map Dev team all hate it. They tried to remake it numerous times but it still was a Kill Farm with horrific gameplay. Communities response? Uproar. Quintus was made years ago and if this community can't let go of a stale map years old then how can the staff team be expected to implement things the community wants?

Or8 November 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

The Map Dev team all hate it. They tried to remake it numerous times but it still was a Kill Farm with horrific gameplay. Communities response? Uproar. Quintus was made years ago and if this community can't let go of a stale map years old then how can the staff team be expected to implement things the community wants?
It's not what staff wants or thinks, it's the pple that spend their time on the server that should be making decisions

You don't have an option anymore, you can't say let's add this or do this...  cus the player base shrinked so much even a single player is a huge loss

KadirGarib November 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

KadirGarib
It wasn't a last second deal. They were conversing in the past, until Apple realized that he may as well accept Lifeboat's offer.

How the fuck am I supposed to know who would buy avicus lol? Go and get it appraised at http://www.mc-market.org/forums/mc-servers/ 

Goodnighht November 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

I'm not against the idea of Avicus merging or selling to another server, but I would like whoever buys it to know the past of the server. To know the community at least a little bit, and learn about the server before anything happens.

ElementalAssasin November 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

I'm not against the idea of Avicus merging or selling to another server, but I would like whoever buys it to know the past of the server. To know the community at least a little bit, and learn about the server before anything happens.
revive avicus again pls

Crazy_ November 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM UTC

It's not what staff wants or thinks, it's the pple that spend their time on the server that should be making decisions

You don't have an option anymore, you can't say let's add this or do this...  cus the player base shrinked so much even a single player is a huge loss
Yea, let's just let the community make all server decisions....can't see anything going wrong.

Crimson_Aught November 4, 2016 at 8:11 PM UTC

It is not the flaw, when we don't accept something.
If Avicus replaced old by new immediately, not after months, community would accept that.
And if not, why devs, knowing that, still push those "very unpopular innovations"?

Or8 November 4, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

Yea, let's just let the community make all server decisions....can't see anything going wrong.
That's obviously not what I meant, but it's true that you need to listen way more, you can't afford losing players anymore

dev_revs November 4, 2016 at 10:11 PM UTC

That's obviously not what I meant, but it's true that you need to listen way more, you can't afford losing players anymore
basically after the last addition with credits, ive just about lost all hope in the server.

Or8 November 5, 2016 at 3:11 AM UTC

basically after the last addition with credits, ive just about lost all hope in the server.
What I don't understand is how they aren't getting all the people that prefer 1.8 PvP from ocn

BoldAndBrash November 5, 2016 at 3:11 AM UTC

Actually, there was a (somewhat) recent poll where most of he forum community bashed Quintus. Just thought I'd put that out there.

ImRaging November 5, 2016 at 7:11 AM UTC

Great idea! Lets bring some gamemodes that people wont play just like skywars!

100% agree with you tho R3D, pointless to have it on here.
Actually ctf and koth are likely to bring back mote players for tournaments instead of having repeats of gamemodes for tournaments

ImRaging November 5, 2016 at 8:11 AM UTC

Alrighty, cracks knuckles 

Firstly I don't know if people actually realise this but stuff is being done. Stuff gets done everyday, we're admins for a reason and we have a role for a reason.... Although some of you might not see some of what happens around here a lot gets done on a day to day basis. This goes for staff members as well. Please do not presume that nothing is being done, the senior staff are useless and the owner doesn't care because remember you don't see what we do. There is always, and I mean always, stuff happening.

In regards with skywars. We know full well that right now our skywars won't attract players. The point of releasing this was to show people a little glimps of what is to come. This isn't the entire gamemode, there will be heaps more variations of it to come. And you can check twitter for those sneak peaks :P

In regards with Advertising. I don't know how many times I have to say this. There are still things we need to fix and as a result we can't go out advertising or people won't stay. We're working on fixing these issues. And like I already said in the last community update we did do some advertising but we aren't going to do anymore until we have fixed some of these problems.

You might not think anyone is interested in this network but you'd be suprised. Servers a lot bigger than we are, some of them most of you might have even played on, have been interested in us in the past and we can easily use this to our advantage if things didn't work out.

If people want to help out rather than just rant about stuff they don't know much about or just pressume stuff and make asumptions then we might actually be getting somewhere. Also, remember that at the end of the day the survival of this server comes down to the owner and the developers. There are stuff Senior Staff can do but unfortunately it's not as though we can click our fingers and get things fixed in a second. There is still time to fix this place but we all have to work together. In the next community update I'll be addressing this a bit better.

My points:
- Please don't make assumptions about whose doing and who isn't doing stuff. You guys don't see what we do. 
- We stopped advertising because of a few big issues. Until we can fix them there is no point advertising as we can't keep players and they'll just leave.
- Have faith please. We've been in this cycle for like almost 2 years now and it has been a lot worse than what it currently is. There is still time
Then why are devs focusing on new ts plugins instead of fixing things?

ProfessorUtonium November 5, 2016 at 1:11 PM UTC

Then why are devs focusing on new ts plugins instead of fixing things?
They aren't focusing everything on ts.

It's just Austin taking his time to help me work on Teamspeak cuz none of the admins nor seniors like to contribute to the development of Teamspeak. This was an idea suggested to us by a player (whomI will not name) and we decided to see how it would work out.

Regarding the bugs, the devs are fixing things

just you wait

ImRaging November 6, 2016 at 11:11 AM UTC

They aren't focusing everything on ts.

It's just Austin taking his time to help me work on Teamspeak cuz none of the admins nor seniors like to contribute to the development of Teamspeak. This was an idea suggested to us by a player (whomI will not name) and we decided to see how it would work out.

Regarding the bugs, the devs are fixing things

just you wait
ok fam

ystrike099 November 6, 2016 at 11:11 AM UTC

Maybe take back the voting system? People were able to vote on different sites in order to gain some Credits daily. It would maybe get some players.

Or8 November 6, 2016 at 12:11 PM UTC

Maybe take back the voting system? People were able to vote on different sites in order to gain some Credits daily. It would maybe get some players.
Maybe if credits were actually worth something

ystrike099 November 6, 2016 at 12:11 PM UTC

Maybe if credits were actually worth something
True. Well my other suggestion was to add a mini-server that had maps for 8-16 players. When one match is full on Avicus (mostly Destroy1 or Competitive) the remaining observers/spectators could join this server. I see players everyday trying to move these "overflowing" players from a full match to a another server, but the maps are too big to make the matches funny to play on or even start.