Avicus Archive

When will terror stop? by flyofff July 8, 2016 at 1:07 PM UTC

Uhh, like a week before in Istanbul an airport was attacked by some terrorist. I was there with my dad and we were about to fly to New York. Then we saw many people trying to get out of there. I was really scared honestly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGTaWmvKL6k

Sevoo July 8, 2016 at 1:07 PM UTC

When will terror stop? Never.

It's been here ever since people started civilisations and it never stopped. If Muslims are the "terrorists" now, the Christians were the terrorists during the Crusades. People get killed simply because they were in the wrong place, wrong time at this point.

Tarheelkiwi July 8, 2016 at 1:07 PM UTC

Sorry to say, but terrorism is a practice that will continue as long as we exist.

awesome_apricot July 8, 2016 at 1:07 PM UTC

Nice to see the optimists out in force today

Sevoo July 8, 2016 at 1:07 PM UTC

Nice to see the optimists out in force today
Pessimism is the best way to go face this problem. The world should face this saying to themselves "the worst is still coming". That way we can hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

But I'm not that worried. Vladimir Putin saying stuff like...

"It's God's job to judge to terrorists, it's my job to send them to him". That statement was so badass O_o

awesome_apricot July 8, 2016 at 1:07 PM UTC

On a serious note, terror will stop when:

We stop de-stablising the middle east
Stop supplying possible terrorist groups with weapons
When we support regimes like the Saudi's, yet condemn the Russians for similar laws such as Homosexuality

Let me just inform y'all on the formation of ISIS:

In the Syrian conflict there was three sides. The West supported the Rebels in fighting against the Syrian regime, which by the way was very fucking good in comparison to Isreal, Palestine and Saudi Arabia. We supplied the Rebels with weapons and training. 

Long story short, the rebels fought the Kurds as well as the Syrian regime and later went on to form ISIS. 

Oh and this isn't just a one time thing, we formed Al Queda to fight the Russian invasion of Afghanistan (which we later invaded, too (how hypocritical)) and we all know what happened to Al Queda. 

And I will just leave this here: 

"Then, in 1988, George Bush Sr. was elected president. Harken benefited by getting some new investors, including Salem bin Laden, Osama bin Laden's half-brother, and Khalid bin Mahfouz. Osama bin Laden himself was busy elsewhere at the time - organising al Qaeda."

JJTheGuy July 8, 2016 at 3:07 PM UTC

It'll never stop. My twitter feed is 100% aids now, and is literally only things about racism, killing cops, killing blacks, killing whites. This world is horrible, I've hated it for years befofe this happened.

As some political guy on twitter said, all out war is coming. A Civil War. And it's going to tear our country apart like you wouldn't believe.

Junr July 8, 2016 at 3:07 PM UTC

It will probably would stop when we finally see why they are doing this, because to me, it seems like they are trying to get our attention for something that we don't know of, but we won't listen to them.

flyofff July 8, 2016 at 3:07 PM UTC

I'm living in Istanbul- Turkey and here isn't safe. I was about to die in the airport when the terrorists were bombing. People are dying, or losing their families. I can't understand what's the point of making such horrible things...
#Pray4Turkey

JJTheGuy July 8, 2016 at 3:07 PM UTC

It will probably would stop when we finally see why they are doing this, because to me, it seems like they are trying to get our attention for something that we don't know of, but we won't listen to them.
Junr... You have to think. People who do this type of thing, ARE NOT rationally thinking. No matter how morbid and bad it may sound, it won't stop til all the white-hating blacks, and black-hating whites, and all the ISIS members, and all the bad people in the world, and (very unfortunately [unfortunate for some]) their children, are dead.

In other words, it'll never be better. All we can do is hope it just doesn't get any worse.

Numberz_ July 8, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

As George Orwell said in these quotes:

"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."

"
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

"
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting."

How true he was, hard to think that he wrote those 60+ years ago, yet our world is still doing the same. There is no end. Both war and terrorism are parts of the human lifestyle. We must not allow ourselves to be frightened by the thought of terrorism, if we are, the terrorists win. True peace does not exist, there is no such thing as a perfect world or Utopian society. This is our world we were given. We must make it liveable by modeling it to our own way, even if that way isn't the right way. Wars and conflicts have happened for thousands of years in all countries. No reason to run away from what cannot be avoided. It's better to face the problems face on as one whole nation of nations. We gotta work together, set aside our differences and beliefs to do what right for the future. It's very simple to believe that we can have a less violent more peaceful world but it takes more than one person to accomplish. You need everyone. Right now our major problem (as I see it) is terrorists organizations like IsIs. We don't need to be worry as much about stuff like Globel warming which is not a problem the human species is causing. IsIs won't stop until the world turns into the same terror loving sect of Islam that they worship. Taking weapons away from American (and other countries) citizens is not the problem. We don't need less guns, we need more guns in order to protect our western values from terrorism. I believe that people like Trump is what we need right now. Stoping unmoderated immigration is a big priority. Governments need to know who is in the country in order to protect their native citizens. Thats why I also think ending the E.U. is an important step. Change won't come quickly it'll take years or even decade's to make the world a better place. But right now, instead of being scared and pretending that everything is okay, we need to get to work.  Every little thing helps... 

Sorry for my rant. typed it on my phone s fornatng and spelling might be bad.

FrozenSolstice July 8, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

Human nature. They'll always be murderers, extremists and the likes. It's just how humans are built. I'm sure certain terrorist groups will die down or be eliminated, but it doesn't change the fact that there are still humans out there wanting to harm others.

Hundres July 8, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

I'm living in Istanbul- Turkey and here isn't safe. I was about to die in the airport when the terrorists were bombing. People are dying, or losing their families. I can't understand what's the point of making such horrible things...
#Pray4Turkey
Glad to know your alright.

Zintenka July 8, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

#Pray4Turkey
Really? Well I hope that you and your family is alright, to be in the middle of something so chaotic is really worrying. Be safe my friend.

Well to your question Borrah, terrorism won't ever stop. It'll only cool down and trickle down if we do something to stop destabilizing the middle east and supporting possible terrorist cells.

It's not just radical Islam that breds terrorism, it's radical Christianity as well as radical anything. Human beings will always find a reason to hate, hate and hate some more.

When the LGBT law was put in place, a lot of Christians felt that they were targeted for religious persecution. A lot of chaos is still going around to this day regarding around that.

All we can do is to attack each and every terrorist problem at it's source. It's not all black and white, it's all a very murky and horrid twist and fusion of prismatic colors that coalesced into a inhumane combination of gray.

It's horrifying, sickening and there's no end in sight to fix the problem. Only dilute it or reverse it, like a malignant form of cancer.

Spoookeh July 8, 2016 at 11:07 PM UTC

Firstly I'd just like to say that I hope you and your family are safe in these dangerous times for Turkey, I know how hard it must be for you.

Terrorist groups like ISIS form through our own mistakes and therefore it's our job to deal with them. Britain, America, Russia and the rest of Europe have to get rid of this threat before it gets too big to handle. We already see terrorist attacks every few weeks and it's slowly increasing. Brussels, Paris, Orlando, Istanbul... Not to mention the thousands of attacks every year in Syria, Iraq and other middle eastern countries. 

This is honestly a threat to modern day society, with terrorist groups such as ISIS becoming larger and larger and larger. Yes it's scary and our governments better deal with it quickly...

Fuck terrorism. 'Nuff said.

Oraporo July 8, 2016 at 11:07 PM UTC

Firstly I'd just like to say that I hope you and your family are safe in these dangerous times for Turkey, I know how hard it must be for you.

Terrorist groups like ISIS form through our own mistakes and therefore it's our job to deal with them. Britain, America, Russia and the rest of Europe have to get rid of this threat before it gets too big to handle. We already see terrorist attacks every few weeks and it's slowly increasing. Brussels, Paris, Orlando, Istanbul... Not to mention the thousands of attacks every year in Syria, Iraq and other middle eastern countries. 

This is honestly a threat to modern day society, with terrorist groups such as ISIS becoming larger and larger and larger. Yes it's scary and our governments better deal with it quickly...

Best post I've seen today.

Numberz_ July 8, 2016 at 11:07 PM UTC

Certain sects of Islam take the violent parts of the Koran too seriously. IsIs needs to be stopped, I agree 100%, but it needs to be handled carefully. The E.U. needs to stop allowing questionable immigrants into countries. Then they can actually work together to end IsIs. Don't expect help from Canada and America though, both the leaders are basically Islamic sympathisers.

Myworld6 July 9, 2016 at 12:07 AM UTC

Terrorism isn't something that can be stopped. If the terrorist group wins, another terrorist group will rise up and oppose that regime.

The worst part is that terrorists are cowards. They attack holidaymakers, patients, anyone who's vulnerable. It's why something really needs to be done about Daesh.

Crimson_Aught July 9, 2016 at 12:07 AM UTC

Everyone, who says that terrorism is endless and unbeatable, is wrong. 
When every person on this planet become clever enough, terrorism (and other shit) will disappear ;)

Numberz_ July 9, 2016 at 12:07 AM UTC

Everyone, who says that terrorism is endless and unbeatable, is wrong. 
When every person on this planet become clever enough, terrorism (and other shit) will disappear ;)
It's nice to dream. But I don't see that happening...

Crimson_Aught July 9, 2016 at 12:07 AM UTC

It's nice to dream. But I don't see that happening...
Yea, you won't see, and your child won't.... 
Can't predict, when it will happen, but it will.

At least terrorism depends on money and weapon. Cut its stream, and terrorism dies.
Here the question: who supports terrorism? Rich ppl? Weapon companies? Countries?

FrozenSolstice July 9, 2016 at 1:07 AM UTC

Yea, you won't see, and your child won't.... 
Can't predict, when it will happen, but it will.

At least terrorism depends on money and weapon. Cut its stream, and terrorism dies.
Here the question: who supports terrorism? Rich ppl? Weapon companies? Countries?
But who's going to do that? Humans need a massive mindset change, and that needs to happen now. I'm seriously doubting that the future will see a change in perspective, heck, we're almost going backwards with our ways of thinking now.

flyofff July 9, 2016 at 5:07 AM UTC

Really? Well I hope that you and your family is alright, to be in the middle of something so chaotic is really worrying. Be safe my friend.

Well to your question Borrah, terrorism won't ever stop. It'll only cool down and trickle down if we do something to stop destabilizing the middle east and supporting possible terrorist cells.

It's not just radical Islam that breds terrorism, it's radical Christianity as well as radical anything. Human beings will always find a reason to hate, hate and hate some more.

When the LGBT law was put in place, a lot of Christians felt that they were targeted for religious persecution. A lot of chaos is still going around to this day regarding around that.

All we can do is to attack each and every terrorist problem at it's source. It's not all black and white, it's all a very murky and horrid twist and fusion of prismatic colors that coalesced into a inhumane combination of gray.

It's horrifying, sickening and there's no end in sight to fix the problem. Only dilute it or reverse it, like a malignant form of cancer.
I was so scared. It's like, I was about to get on the plane. Kinda walking. Then I hear a sound that my ears couldn't hear exactly cuz it was a really loudly. Then everything got orange. After it, people are trying to escape... Then the second one. One of the terrorist was killing people randomly with his gun. Guess what children would feel... Guess what a woman lost his child feel. So meaningless!

Xuph July 9, 2016 at 5:07 AM UTC

I stopped believing the goverment when i was 4, i could already realise that it will never stop. They always promise safety bla bla bla dogshit but meanwhile people like me their house gets bombed by retarded terrorist and then move houses etc

And no to all of you who wrote that we can calm it down by stop supplying them bombs and stuff, terrorism will forever continue no matter what. They will always find a way to hard others. Like albert Einstein said, "World War IV weapons will be sticks and stones".

Xuph July 9, 2016 at 5:07 AM UTC

i know exactly what you feel borra, i experienced it million times. I hope you and your family are good and i do understand what youre feeling. Stay safe

JUBBINATOR July 9, 2016 at 7:07 AM UTC

Terrorism isn't something that can be stopped. If the terrorist group wins, another terrorist group will rise up and oppose that regime.

The worst part is that terrorists are cowards. They attack holidaymakers, patients, anyone who's vulnerable. It's why something really needs to be done about Daesh.
Not all terrorists are cowards... some are just people pushed to the brink, brainwashed into believing nonsense, driven to do outrageous things. 
People tend to do crazy things when they've been ostracised by society, pushed into alleyways and street corners, spit on and beaten everyday for being in a minority. Or they're seeing their way of life intruded upon and rapidly being eroded by outsiders who know nothing of their culture and beliefs. Or you see the very things you trust and believe in, your government and your community, suddenly turning their backs upon and leaving you to rot or systematically oppressing you.
These things drive someone to the edge, and on that edge they can be manipulated into fighting for a "cause", for "change". Some terrorists become terrorists because terror groups are the only ones who will take them in and have them belong. Some do it because they think they're somehow going to make the world a better place. Regardless, a good deal of them have been brainwashed or otherwise broken down.
The Boston Tea Party was terrorism, though not murderous. Some Kurdish factions are terrorists ( yet quite a few in the US support them). The Native Americans were terrorists. 
The fact is many of these people are not cowards. They're a lot like us, except we pushed them towards the devil's claws instead of welcoming them into our arms.
They are just lost... God have mercy on their souls...

flyofff July 9, 2016 at 7:07 AM UTC

i know exactly what you feel borra, i experienced it million times. I hope you and your family are good and i do understand what youre feeling. Stay safe
Ty dude =|

joelous July 9, 2016 at 9:07 AM UTC

It's been said many times - not only here - that terrorism is something that will never "stop". Somewhere in the world there will always be some form of evil act, whether that's terrorism or not. Good thing is, the ground that ISIS have claimed is steadily decreased (they are losing battles over there) which is why they have retailiated with the bombings in the Istanbul Airport and Bangdad suicide acts. 

That being said, in the 20th century no one really knew what terrorism was, because there was rarely any act of it. I asked my Grandma a few questions regarding this topic and she stated that she heard no terrorist act. Of course, that really only pertained to the "advanced" nations like the U.S and European Union. It was simply unheard of. That just goes to show how fucked up this generation can be - on so many levels. 

I know you're scared, everyone is, because no where is safe anymore. You aren't sure what could happen in the coming minutes where you're standing. The Martin Place event was very close to my Dad's apartment, and it was literally the direction where I was to be heading after I got off the cruise that day. I think of terrorism as one more reason to spend time with your family, friends and loved ones as you never know what can happen - because after all - extremeism is unpredictable and cruel.

flyofff July 9, 2016 at 10:07 AM UTC

Sometimes my biggest wish is fucking terrorists...

Pelpelajax July 9, 2016 at 10:07 AM UTC

Certain sects of Islam take the violent parts of the Koran too seriously. IsIs needs to be stopped, I agree 100%, but it needs to be handled carefully. The E.U. needs to stop allowing questionable immigrants into countries. Then they can actually work together to end IsIs. Don't expect help from Canada and America though, both the leaders are basically Islamic sympathisers.
IS doesn't represent is islam, I am sure this became pretty evident after bombing near one of Islam's holiest sites.

Iron July 9, 2016 at 10:07 AM UTC

IS doesn't represent is islam, I am sure this became pretty evident after bombing near one of Islam's holiest sites.
This is completely true. IS is far from anything islamic. They are not even slightly symbols of any part of the Qu'ran. They attack people during Ramadan, the month of peace and charity. They try to attack some of Islam's most holy sites and then continue to attack innocent people. Nowhere in the Qu'ran is it stated that we should murder innocent people or bomb places of worship. Just like in the bible it doesn't say that people should be hung for their colour.

Zegita July 9, 2016 at 11:07 AM UTC

Terrorism will most likely carry on but the truth is guys there is a bigger threat then ISIS now. We don't know their new name but they are worse than ISIS. The people that are doing this currently are the new version of ISIS and my dad was telling me that the cycle always happens. From Al Qaeda, Al Shabab, Boko Haram to ISIS and now from ISIS to something much more worse. All the terrorist organisations just keep evolving into new ones and become more of a threat to the world and that really concerns me...

Also it's really sad what happening in Iraq there was a big explosion 2 days prior to Eid in a big shopping centre in Baghdad and 250 people were killed. One of them was a man who had just graduated in dentistry by doing his Masters' degree and he opened up a dentist practice. Sadly, when he was killed his wife gave birth to their baby boy 2 days after on Eid :/. It was at like 1am because it's during the time when you can eat and go shop + these guys didn't even know they just wanted to have fun and then they get killed by a massive explosion so sad.

Eteh July 9, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

As long as us Humans are alive, terrorism won't be stopping anytime soon. It's like those Science Fiction movies. Live your lives to the fullest and spend more time with your loved ones, you never know what the future holds. 

Why are there so many terror attacks in Turkey? by Seeker Daily

BmB July 9, 2016 at 3:07 PM UTC

The US government needs terrorism to fund Obama's online gambling habits

Numberz_ July 9, 2016 at 4:07 PM UTC

"sect of Islam"? I'm not saying they are  the plain old Islam, but they do still follow certain teachings of the religion from my knowledge. Just a very radicalized sect of the main religion.

Pelpelajax July 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM UTC

"sect of Islam"? I'm not saying they are  the plain old Islam, but they do still follow certain teachings of the religion from my knowledge. Just a very radicalized sect of the main religion.
If they were part of the main religion, they wouldn't go around blowing up places that are holy to their own religion.

1BJ July 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM UTC

Actually they follow (prob fake) Hadiths made 250 years after the death of Muhammed. The compilers were Persian and not to be trusted at all, but they and most other muslims dont know.

There for they dont follow plain old Islam as Muhammed teached it.

Newcleus July 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM UTC

If the US Government would let the military act more forcefully, earlier in time, then perhaps ISIS wouldn't be a problem.

Numberz_ July 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM UTC

If they were part of the main religion, they wouldn't go around blowing up places that are holy to their own religion.
It can happen. Ever hear about the Crusades and Reformation? Sects of Christianity fought each other...

Numberz_ July 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM UTC

Actually they follow (prob fake) Hadiths made 250 years after the death of Muhammed. The compilers were Persian and not to be trusted at all, but they and most other muslims dont know.

There for they dont follow plain old Islam as Muhammed teached it.
Yes, but they base some of their teachings off Muhammad? Like killing nonbelievers (non-muslims)?

Iron July 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM UTC

Yes, but they base some of their teachings off Muhammad? Like killing nonbelievers (non-muslims)?
If we are talking about IS, their main targets are muslims. So I am not sure about what you are arguing. Moreover, the arguments you are making are the same ones people who are islamophobic make. I mean no offense in saying this; however, a lot of the points you are making are the same ones that all people make without understanding the problem. IS may base their teachings off of ancient ideals, but they are ancient. They were relevant during their time and as a result were norms. However, in modern time it is not acceptable. Henceforth, when a terrorist group with no affiliation to Islam decides to pick up this ancient ideal it is not Islam's fault.

Numberz_ July 9, 2016 at 6:07 PM UTC

If we are talking about IS, their main targets are muslims. So I am not sure about what you are arguing. Moreover, the arguments you are making are the same ones people who are islamophobic make. I mean no offense in saying this; however, a lot of the points you are making are the same ones that all people make without understanding the problem. IS may base their teachings off of ancient ideals, but they are ancient. They were relevant during their time and as a result were norms. However, in modern time it is not acceptable. Henceforth, when a terrorist group with no affiliation to Islam decides to pick up this ancient ideal it is not Islam's fault.
"IS may base their teachings off of ancient ideals, but they are ancient. "

All religions base their teachings off ancient ideals. You have bad groups that sprout up from every main religion yet Islam sparks a lot more hate. I'm not trying to be Islamaphobic, but you have to admit when terrorists pledge themselves to Allah before killing massive crowds of people, it becomes Islam's problem. Islamic leaders don't seem to care much about stopping violence from what I've seen and heard. 

Iron July 9, 2016 at 6:07 PM UTC

"IS may base their teachings off of ancient ideals, but they are ancient. "

All religions base their teachings off ancient ideals. You have bad groups that sprout up from every main religion yet Islam sparks a lot more hate. I'm not trying to be Islamaphobic, but you have to admit when terrorists pledge themselves to Allah before killing massive crowds of people, it becomes Islam's problem. Islamic leaders don't seem to care much about stopping violence from what I've seen and heard. 
Nah thats not true, look up how many Imam's have condemned their actions. Also Pakistan's army has been engaged with the Taliban for the past few years. Recently they have upped the ante as well. I am not going to admit that its Islam's problem as groups like this are not created by Islam. For example the Taliban is the US' mistakes backfiring. Same with Al-Qaeda all of these problems have been created by western powers and in return have created huge problems for the people who live in these regions. Again, check your sources.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Zarb-e-Azb) - Pakistan
(http://www.dawn.com/news/1226468) - "A long list of Arab countries such as Egypt, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, together with Islamic countries Turkey, Malaysia, Pakistan and Gulf Arab and African states were mentioned."
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism#Muslim_attitudes_toward_terrorism)

1BJ July 9, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

Those 'sayings' or Hadiths completely contradict the Quran and real meaning of Islam.

They contradict the rules of war written in 2:190 - 2:193 of the Quran (and not Hadiths).

2:190) Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.
2:191) And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.
2:192) And if they cease, then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
2:193) Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah . But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors.

Some translators translate the Quran in such way it doesn't contradict Sahih Hadiths. But then their verses basically contradicts each other and worse, they contradict the names of Allah.

How can one having the most mercy, the mercyfull asks us to kill innocent people?

This beneath is a good example of an Hadith based translations contradicting other verses.

2:256) There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient.

Numberz_ July 9, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

Those 'sayings' or Hadiths completely contradict the Quran and real meaning of Islam.

They contradict the rules of war written in 2:190 - 2:193 of the Quran (and not Hadiths).

2:190) Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.
2:191) And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.
2:192) And if they cease, then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
2:193) Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah . But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors.

Some translators translate the Quran in such way it doesn't contradict Sahih Hadiths. But then their verses basically contradicts each other and worse, they contradict the names of Allah.

How can one having the most mercy, the mercyfull asks us to kill innocent people?

This beneath is a good example of an Hadith based translations contradicting other verses.

2:256) There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient.
I'm confused now, what are the Hadiths? Never heard that term before. I've seen most of those examples you provided before.

Nah thats not true, look up how many Imam's have condemned their actions. Also Pakistan's army has been engaged with the Taliban for the past few years. Recently they have upped the ante as well. I am not going to admit that its Islam's problem as groups like this are not created by Islam. For example the Taliban is the US' mistakes backfiring. Same with Al-Qaeda all of these problems have been created by western powers and in return have created huge problems for the people who live in these regions. Again, check your sources.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Zarb-e-Azb) - Pakistan
(http://www.dawn.com/news/1226468) - "A long list of Arab countries such as Egypt, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, together with Islamic countries Turkey, Malaysia, Pakistan and Gulf Arab and African states were mentioned."
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism#Muslim_attitudes_toward_terrorism)
The Canadian media vs. what you're saying are two different things. I haven't heard anything about Islamic leaders doing anything to stop violence from media outlets I watch/read and I probably never will. Sorry for my lack my lack of research just saying what I already knew.

1BJ July 9, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

I'm confused now, what are the Hadiths? Never heard that term before. I've seen most of those examples you provided before.
No you didn't unless you talked against a Quranist which is extremely rare.

dont talk about Islam if you don't understand Hadiths, Quran and translations.

Quran = relevation of allah
hadith = (corrupted) teachings or interpretations of Muhammed

1BJ July 9, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

The Canadian media vs. what you're saying are two different things. I haven't heard anything about Islamic leaders doing anything to stop violence from media outlets I watch/read and I probably never will. Sorry for my lack my lack of research just saying what I already knew.
you're  basically saying that your point of view is biased since you don't try to watch Arab media like Al Jazeera (which speaks English as well)

No you didn't unless you talked against a Quranist which is extremely rare.

dont talk about Islam if you don't understand Hadiths, Quran and translations.

Quran = relevation of allah
hadith = (corrupted) teachings or interpretations of Muhammed
I have read parts of the Quran before. But I haven't heard the use of the word hadith. I understand a bit but not all which is why I'm trying to learn more... the Quran is complicated read like the Bible and the Torah different people find different things from the same text.

your other post. I'm allowed to have a different opinion on the topic since I'm living on the other side of the world. If you have a link to where I can find streams I'll gladly watch it.

Myworld6 July 10, 2016 at 1:07 AM UTC

Not all terrorists are cowards... some are just people pushed to the brink, brainwashed into believing nonsense, driven to do outrageous things. 
People tend to do crazy things when they've been ostracised by society, pushed into alleyways and street corners, spit on and beaten everyday for being in a minority. Or they're seeing their way of life intruded upon and rapidly being eroded by outsiders who know nothing of their culture and beliefs. Or you see the very things you trust and believe in, your government and your community, suddenly turning their backs upon and leaving you to rot or systematically oppressing you.
These things drive someone to the edge, and on that edge they can be manipulated into fighting for a "cause", for "change". Some terrorists become terrorists because terror groups are the only ones who will take them in and have them belong. Some do it because they think they're somehow going to make the world a better place. Regardless, a good deal of them have been brainwashed or otherwise broken down.
The Boston Tea Party was terrorism, though not murderous. Some Kurdish factions are terrorists ( yet quite a few in the US support them). The Native Americans were terrorists. 
The fact is many of these people are not cowards. They're a lot like us, except we pushed them towards the devil's claws instead of welcoming them into our arms.
They are just lost... God have mercy on their souls...
Brainwashed or not, only a coward attacks children, simply because that child is of a different faith or is homosexual. There is no excuse for killing an innocent child, and the Daesh members who torture these children should pay for that dearly. Their cowardice is even more obvious when you consider that Daesh run from trained soldiers and attack civilians. 

The difference between the Boston Tea Party and the current attacks is that these ones are intended to kill. If these terrorists wanted change, they should join pressure groups that campaign for change.

The sad thing is that these people aren't being ostracised by society. Rather, they isolate themselves. They refuse to seek help or confront people with their views, and that to me is no excuse for the horrific acts that they commit daily.

I don't believe that these terrorists are lost. Light exists in the darkest recesses, you just have to search for it. If you don't,  well, you're at fault.

DaFrozenBlaze July 10, 2016 at 1:07 AM UTC

Terrorism will always be around, because not everyone can have similar beliefs. Terrorists are just normal people but with different beliefs, which they spread through attacks and propaganda

Myworld6 July 10, 2016 at 1:07 AM UTC

Do Christians and Jews not base their teachings off of Moses? Compare the amount of Judeo-Christian terror attacks to the Islamic ones. It's not the teachings that are to blame, otherwise there would be just as many Christian terror attacks as Islamic ones, considering that the Torah/Bible contains teachings that are easily as violent. People who try to claim that Islam is a violent religion by citing small verses from the Qur'an are (no offence intended) either narrow-minded or use Google to search up incriminating sections from the Qur'an, without considering the possibility that many of these quotes are inspired by the Torah and Bible.

JUBBINATOR July 10, 2016 at 3:07 AM UTC

Brainwashed or not, only a coward attacks children, simply because that child is of a different faith or is homosexual. There is no excuse for killing an innocent child, and the Daesh members who torture these children should pay for that dearly. Their cowardice is even more obvious when you consider that Daesh run from trained soldiers and attack civilians. 

The difference between the Boston Tea Party and the current attacks is that these ones are intended to kill. If these terrorists wanted change, they should join pressure groups that campaign for change.

The sad thing is that these people aren't being ostracised by society. Rather, they isolate themselves. They refuse to seek help or confront people with their views, and that to me is no excuse for the horrific acts that they commit daily.

I don't believe that these terrorists are lost. Light exists in the darkest recesses, you just have to search for it. If you don't,  well, you're at fault.
There are monsters amongst them, that is true. However, child soldiers attack other children because they are scared, and many do end up struggling with what they have done and coming to terms with what they did, be it in Africa or Asia or Latin America. Others, they have no remorse, but those are not who I am talking about. 

Daesh does not run from trained soldiers to attack civilians. I do not know how you came about with that line of thinking. They are a very well armed military force, and are currently fighting the Iraqi Army, the Syrian Army, Russian Troops, and Libyan government militias, just to name a few. It's quite scary. 

While the Boston Tea Party was not intended to kill, the Sons of Liberty rioted and tarred and feathered tax collectors, just to name a few things. While killing was not part of their agenda, they were very violent and radical. They were mere steps from becoming killers, similar to Shay's rebellion. 

Also, how can you join pressure groups for change when you aren't even taken seriously? When you feel that things aren't going to change within your lifetime, and that the system is actively pushing you down no matter what. Similar thoughts led to a lot of the violence caused by black separatists during the civil rights movement as well as the domestic terrorism done by groups such as the KKK during reconstruction. 

They don't refuse to seek help, but rather the only ones who would "Help" are these radical groups. Many groups are actively being ostracised by society, they are not isolating themselves. The Tamil Tigers, despite doing atrocities of the worst kind in their terror campaign, were being put down by the majority Sinhalese government. Hell, hate towards muslims is still very much a problem, though perhaps not one seen daily by you and I, but one very present nonetheless. 

I am not saying all terrorists are lost. I am not denying the existence of evil men and evil organisations. But not everyone in these organisations is as evil as you make them out to be. If their only light came from a tiny LED bulb and from a bonfire, many are going to head straight toward the bonfire, even if it burns them. They are being led astray and harming themselves and many other people in their pursuit of a "righteous cause".

It's happened so many times in history to good people, and this time is no exception. Not everything can be so black and white, split into good and evil, unfortunately. Humans are flawed, and everything falls within a spectrum.

Numberz_ July 10, 2016 at 4:07 AM UTC

Do Christians and Jews not base their teachings off of Moses? Compare the amount of Judeo-Christian terror attacks to the Islamic ones. It's not the teachings that are to blame, otherwise there would be just as many Christian terror attacks as Islamic ones, considering that the Torah/Bible contains teachings that are easily as violent. People who try to claim that Islam is a violent religion by citing small verses from the Qur'an are (no offence intended) either narrow-minded or use Google to search up incriminating sections from the Qur'an, without considering the possibility that many of these quotes are inspired by the Torah and Bible.
It's all based on how the teachers in the religions (priests, imams, rabbis, etc.) explain it. I could read the Bible, Quran or Torah and come out with a completely different view then what the priest taught me. All about each person's interpretation of the texts in my opinion. 

And yeah, Christianity came from Judaism so it uses some of the teachings found in the Torah (Old Testament).

gobernment July 10, 2016 at 5:07 AM UTC

If you don't associate IS with Islam, don't associate me with the U.S government and their incompetence. I don't support most of my government's beliefs either and it sucks being grouped in with their ideas when I'm the opposite and hear "stupid americans it's all their fault" just because I live here. I won't apologize for my government because I am not them.

Sorry for rant. Not triggered, just slightly annoyed hearing "u.s did it" every day and not specifying govt. We're a diverse country of opinions.

1BJ July 10, 2016 at 6:07 AM UTC

I have read parts of the Quran before. But I haven't heard the use of the word hadith. I understand a bit but not all which is why I'm trying to learn more... the Quran is complicated read like the Bible and the Torah different people find different things from the same text.

your other post. I'm allowed to have a different opinion on the topic since I'm living on the other side of the world. If you have a link to where I can find streams I'll gladly watch it.
You probably read parts of the Quran (translated in the worst manner) placed out of context by Islam skeptics.

So these Hadiths (saying of Muhammed) are made 250 years after the Death of Muhammed, the Quran can be translated in various ways in Arabic. The (verses of) translations you read are translated in a manner so they go in line with the Hadith but muslims don't know that the names of Allah are written in the Quran so we can translate/interpret the Quran in Allah's way.

http://www.quran411.com/99-names-of-allah.asp
If you translate the Quran as Allah wanted us to translate it, you have found the real meaning of the Quran. And that meaning only supports self defence.

You've to know everything about a subject before discussing it. If you don't know what Hadiths are you don't know what Islam today is. Al Jazeera has youtube now I think.

1BJ July 10, 2016 at 6:07 AM UTC

If you don't associate IS with Islam, don't associate me with the U.S government and their incompetence. I don't support most of my government's beliefs either and it sucks being grouped in with their ideas when I'm the opposite and hear "stupid americans it's all their fault" just because I live here. I won't apologize for my government because I am not them.

Sorry for rant. Not triggered, just slightly annoyed hearing "u.s did it" every day and not specifying govt. We're a diverse country of opinions.
Thing is you choose the US government (as a group) with democracy. We Muslims didn't choose IS to happend making your point nonsense.

You have the right to associate IS with Islam if you associate KKK with Christianity, I don't see many people doing that.

gobernment July 10, 2016 at 7:07 AM UTC

Thing is you choose the US government (as a group) with democracy. We Muslims didn't choose IS to happend making your point nonsense.

You have the right to associate IS with Islam if you associate KKK with Christianity, I don't see many people doing that.
What did I have to do with creating ISIS? I obviously can't vote and my family isn't political crazy. I didn't say you guys are responsible for ISIS either, making your point nonsense (You actually just left me more confused.)

I love how everyone is trying to be all politically smart on a block game forum. It's irritating.

Iron July 10, 2016 at 7:07 AM UTC

What did I have to do with creating ISIS? I obviously can't vote and my family isn't political crazy. I didn't say you guys are responsible for ISIS either, making your point nonsense (You actually just left me more confused.)

I love how everyone is trying to be all politically smart on a block game forum. It's irritating.
If knowing what we are talking about calls for a title then I guess you could say we are "politically smart". You know that gut feeling of hate and disgust you get when I talk about the USA? Thats how we feel when people talk about our religion wrongly. When I say the US, of course I do not mean the people. I have a lot of American friends. Some of them are the best people I have ever met. The point is, the US is the main cause of most of the destabilization of the east.

1BJ July 10, 2016 at 10:07 AM UTC

Being part of western (democratic) world means taking responsibility of the actions of the governments.

Eklip_Z July 10, 2016 at 11:07 AM UTC

Nah, it won't. There will always be groups opposing governments and other groups until Humans eventually get their act together (which will be a very long time.)

Myworld6 July 10, 2016 at 1:07 PM UTC

There are monsters amongst them, that is true. However, child soldiers attack other children because they are scared, and many do end up struggling with what they have done and coming to terms with what they did, be it in Africa or Asia or Latin America. Others, they have no remorse, but those are not who I am talking about. 

Daesh does not run from trained soldiers to attack civilians. I do not know how you came about with that line of thinking. They are a very well armed military force, and are currently fighting the Iraqi Army, the Syrian Army, Russian Troops, and Libyan government militias, just to name a few. It's quite scary. 

While the Boston Tea Party was not intended to kill, the Sons of Liberty rioted and tarred and feathered tax collectors, just to name a few things. While killing was not part of their agenda, they were very violent and radical. They were mere steps from becoming killers, similar to Shay's rebellion. 

Also, how can you join pressure groups for change when you aren't even taken seriously? When you feel that things aren't going to change within your lifetime, and that the system is actively pushing you down no matter what. Similar thoughts led to a lot of the violence caused by black separatists during the civil rights movement as well as the domestic terrorism done by groups such as the KKK during reconstruction. 

They don't refuse to seek help, but rather the only ones who would "Help" are these radical groups. Many groups are actively being ostracised by society, they are not isolating themselves. The Tamil Tigers, despite doing atrocities of the worst kind in their terror campaign, were being put down by the majority Sinhalese government. Hell, hate towards muslims is still very much a problem, though perhaps not one seen daily by you and I, but one very present nonetheless. 

I am not saying all terrorists are lost. I am not denying the existence of evil men and evil organisations. But not everyone in these organisations is as evil as you make them out to be. If their only light came from a tiny LED bulb and from a bonfire, many are going to head straight toward the bonfire, even if it burns them. They are being led astray and harming themselves and many other people in their pursuit of a "righteous cause".

It's happened so many times in history to good people, and this time is no exception. Not everything can be so black and white, split into good and evil, unfortunately. Humans are flawed, and everything falls within a spectrum.
I do pity the children who are forced to fight, but that's just further proof of their cowardice. They're using children to fight their wars, because they're afraid to meet their enemies on the battlefield.

Not to be rude to the Kurdish forces, but just like Daesh, they're primarily comprised of volunteers who have little to no military training. Considering that these are the only forces that were until recently being pushed back by Daesh, their military prowess isn't that notable.

The key thing about the BTP is that they didn't become killers. They also attacked people who at the time were known to threaten people if they couldn't afford to pay. Now, compare that victims with civilans like Alan Henning, who went out there intending to provide humanitarian aid to the people of Syria, yet was seized and beheaded by animals.

Let's put into the perspective of everyday people, such as you and I. I often feel like the govenment doesn't take my complaints or the wishes of the people seriously. So what do I do? I keep pushing for change. I keep writing letters, sending emails and following the news. Do I join a terrorist group that intends to wipe out "heretics" and "infidels"? No! There are so many other courses of action that these terrorists could take, yet they refuse to do so. Perhaps some have attempted this before turning to terrorist groups, but can you really claim that this is the case with most of them? 

Frankly, if terrorists try to justify murdering innocent men, women and children, then they're truly lost. I doubt that they can be helped by this point, because they've refused to look for the light and the realisation of what they've done, whether it is because of guilt or brainwashing.

I don't view Daesh as black and white. Child soldiers? Innocent. Children being forced to marry and have children? Completely despicable. People killing children, however? Brainwashing or not, that is vile and inexcusable.