Avicus Archive

Computer Problems by TurkishDelite October 11, 2015 at 6:10 AM UTC

So... i recently upgraded from windows 7 home to windows 7 ultimate (dont have my product key to windows 10 BTW) and i just went on a massive updating spree and updated everything. today i got 117 windows security updates and just did update all. its been 6 hours and my pc is purgeturbed making it almost impossible to go onto anything getting from 70 fps to 8 fps on Avicus now. idk what to do, do i undo every update that i have done these couple days or do i just need to wait a couple of hours/days for it to back to normal?

My Specs down below incase it could help to figure out if i just went full spastic and stuff up my PC forever or if i could fix it

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name USER-PC
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Model NS885AA-ABG p6120a
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E5200  @ 2.50GHz, 2500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.22, 5/7/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

Time Zone AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 269 MB
Total Virtual Memory 8.72 GB
Available Virtual Memory 7.12 GB
Page File Space 6.73 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Edit: realized where my product key was. Derp :/ 

dilpickel October 11, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

You got 70 fps with 2gb of ram o.o, and looking at this I think you need a new comp :p.
Edit: 8gb nvm :p

TurkishDelite October 11, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

You got 70 fps with 2gb of ram o.o, and looking at this I think you need a new comp :p.
Edit: 8gb nvm :p
um you were right that i have 2 GB of ram and i prob do need a new PC but for now i just wanna get my decently pc back so idk what to do. recover everything and undo all the updates or wait a couple of hours/days for everything to settle in?

Legoche October 11, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Wheres Zero?

Bloodoh October 11, 2015 at 3:10 PM UTC

buy new one

dilpickel October 11, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

um you were right that i have 2 GB of ram and i prob do need a new PC but for now i just wanna get my decently pc back so idk what to do. recover everything and undo all the updates or wait a couple of hours/days for everything to settle in?
Ya I think you should wait a week or 2 and if it gets any better just leave it. But if it slows down even more undo the updates. You could look up you computer brand or hardware and see if any updates conflict, that could be your problem.

bbbn19 October 11, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

The problem is most likely that there is a background java program (Minecraft launcher). When you start minecraft go into task manager and you will see two java programs in prosseses. Once you see them turn the one thats using less cpu and ram usage off. I have been doing it and it has boosted my performance alot. If it does not help get optifine and configure it. No problem I like to help people with pc problems