Avicus Archive

Avicus: Before and After Omega Update by GalaxyBen June 30, 2015 at 5:06 AM UTC

Well, this is a bit late, but what are your favourite things before and after the omega update. This will also contain maybe a couple of improvements.

(Note: I have searched and found no sign of a previous post like this.)

My favourite things so far:

Omega:

Badges. These provide a good thing to work towards and are fun to see.
Credits. After they took away experience, credits came, I am thankful.
New Gamemodes and reviving of previous gamemodes. This was great to see. Gamemodes like TDM and Nebula, CTH and SG were revived, while CTW was added.
Credit Sounds. I believe this is a excellent small implement that Avicus has. People can also have the option of staying with the old-fashioned 'ding'.
Enderchest. Wonderful, just wonderful to see a type of backpack been able to keep all your things you bought.

Improvements:

Leaderboard. Yes I know it's back, but it was sad to see it go in the first place. I know CTW was added and it might have been a pain to change, but it was something a lot of players were walking towards.

Before Omega:

Prestiges. As soon as I realised what a prestige was, I was instantly trying to get it as quick as I could. This was great.
Leaderboard. As I mentioned earlier, this was added back, but it was great to see something like this on Avicus in general.
Maps. I know this might get some comment about this one, but the old maps in my opinion were better than the new maps. Maps like Broken world and Luar were just more enjoyable than maps such as Sunbeam Temple and Mute City(renamed King's Fortress).

Improvements:

None that I can think of, the old avicus was almost perfect.

That is my Before and After Omega Update.

What's yours?

Yaky June 30, 2015 at 5:06 AM UTC

old profile layout with the graphs <3

overall leaderboard <3

omega brought back block lag, which alone made me hate the entire update except for CTW

ViceTechnicolour June 30, 2015 at 5:06 AM UTC

The map developers were looking to open a "Throwback" server with all of the old avicus maps such as Fantasy, Broken World, Luar, Mystic, Volcano, etc.

Still need to approach Kylo about it, he liked the idea. Possibly a merge between MCZone and old avicus maps, or 1 mczone and 1 oldvicus?

GalaxyBen June 30, 2015 at 5:06 AM UTC

So basically avicus might have 3 servers, one for the oldest, MCZone, one before omega and the current one.

If we can fit that into the one server, it would be an excellent thing, but if we can't, it's still fine with most people.

DaFrozenBlaze June 30, 2015 at 3:06 PM UTC

The map developers were looking to open a "Throwback" server with all of the old avicus maps such as Fantasy, Broken World, Luar, Mystic, Volcano, etc.

Still need to approach Kylo about it, he liked the idea. Possibly a merge between MCZone and old avicus maps, or 1 mczone and 1 oldvicus?
If I'm not wrong, Is Volcano the one with Humans and Aliens or something?

BoldAndBrash June 30, 2015 at 4:06 PM UTC

Pretty sure CTW was brought back? It used to be here I believe.

Okiba June 30, 2015 at 4:06 PM UTC

I miss claywars :c

GalaxyBen July 1, 2015 at 6:07 AM UTC

Pretty sure CTW was brought back? It used to be here I believe.
CTW is new to avicus, they said that before the update.

ImRaging July 1, 2015 at 6:07 AM UTC

I coulda sworn it was in mczone...Since maps such as Rendezvous II are CTW again.

DaFrozenBlaze July 1, 2015 at 9:07 AM UTC

I want the DTM turned CTW maps to return as DTM D:

GalaxyBen July 5, 2015 at 8:07 AM UTC

+1

piratewithgun July 6, 2015 at 12:07 PM UTC

I miss the old profile layouts with your targets and nemesises. I really miss /match and /stats. But most of all I miss the prestiges!

iKronix_Gaming July 6, 2015 at 2:07 PM UTC

I miss the old profile layouts with your targets and nemesises. I really miss /match and /stats. But most of all I miss the prestiges!
I agree. The commands and the profile layouts were better but I prefer badges to prestiges.

hpux July 6, 2015 at 4:07 PM UTC

Our plan at the moment is to bring back old features from when Avicus first came out, such as prestiges, old nebula shop, etc. Just wait. :)

Vobaseball12 July 6, 2015 at 4:07 PM UTC

Our plan at the moment is to bring back old features from when Avicus first came out, such as prestiges, old nebula shop, etc. Just wait. :)
Hype! :)

ProfessorUtonium July 6, 2015 at 4:07 PM UTC

Strength and Invis pots in the nebula shop!?1?1?1?1?1

Also. The nebula shop should be edited. Look for forum posts about it

Joao_Victor July 6, 2015 at 5:07 PM UTC

I really liked prestiges too, and they should've been kept, the server and website are a lot better imo because of the Omega Update, but some stuff should be brought back.

piratewithgun July 6, 2015 at 7:07 PM UTC

I agree. The commands and the profile layouts were better but I prefer badges to prestiges.
That's because you weren't on 5th prestige! 

I cri

piratewithgun July 6, 2015 at 7:07 PM UTC

I really liked prestiges too, and they should've been kept, the server and website are a lot better imo because of the Omega Update, but some stuff should be brought back.
I wouldn't be so pissed off if they had atleast given players some kind of compensation for their old prestiges

awesome_apricot July 6, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

Wrong :P

MCZone  was famous for CTW and I believe it was here at the start of Avicus. Maps like Rendevous II...

awesome_apricot July 6, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

I wouldn't be so pissed off if they had atleast given players some kind of compensation for their old prestiges
Amen XD

When I came back I realised I had no prestige and had no credits and I was like

"well that's daft" XD

iKronix_Gaming July 6, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

That's because you weren't on 5th prestige! 

I cri
True, I do think they should have given something in replacement for the prestiges you had earned

Chief_Hacks July 7, 2015 at 7:07 AM UTC

Yeah I like the badges idea though. Not only having that one * in different colours is nice. But everyone that had a prestige should have been given something like 10 - 50k credits depending on which prestige they had.

GalaxyBen July 7, 2015 at 1:07 PM UTC

Yeah I like the badges idea though. Not only having that one * in different colours is nice. But everyone that had a prestige should have been given something like 10 - 50k credits depending on which prestige they had.
For example =

Prestige 1 = 1k
Prestige 2 = 2k
Prestige 3 = 3k
Prestige 4 = 4k 

and so on?

The idea of a bonus for already prestiged players is nice.

Numberz_ July 7, 2015 at 1:07 PM UTC

Before Omega Update-
Lots of amazing features that fell into a state of disrepair from lack of upkeep.

After McZone: Great gamemodes like CTH, Nebula and Walls along with Elimination and Avicade (which broke shortly after). Prestige's came great addition for people that played a lot during this time. Amazing maps from G_SKIPPY and ParaPenguin really made Avicus feel unique and special. Forums looked great also having a very active community at the time helped.

Avicore (which was the second update if I recall?): Much needed update that really made the server one of the best again, fixing lots of bugs and bringing more players. Also revived a lot of old gamemodes CTH <3 had lots of great staff members working on the server at the time. Great maps from Para/Tan, Merlinmaster and resepignev/Flo made the server more modern in style and ascetics. Only bad thing that came from this update was the block lag and the failure to keep the success gained with player counts.

1 year/Prestige update: Didn't really enjoy this update as much because of all the bugs that came with it statistic wise. So many glitches the maps started to become oversized lag fests with more map makers turning to ascetics over gameplay. Also the at this time the player amounts had went down from lack of maintenance.

Omega: Overall I'm not amazed with this update, I listed the pros and cons to sort it out but I can't say it was bad or good.

Pros:
New gamemodes (CTW and SG)
Awesome website (Friends, better layout of the forums & and simpler looking)
Credits
Fair gameplay

Cons:
Every type of server lag known to MC
Lack of players
Stats pages changed
Poor maps gameplay wise

Chief_Hacks July 7, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

For example =

Prestige 1 = 1k
Prestige 2 = 2k
Prestige 3 = 3k
Prestige 4 = 4k 

and so on?

The idea of a bonus for already prestiged players is nice.
+1

ballzi July 8, 2015 at 8:07 AM UTC

Well omega did bring a lot of chances for the best.

ItzAidan July 9, 2015 at 12:07 AM UTC

I just want MCZone back tbh :P