Avicus Archive

Petition: Promote ViceWatercolour by __Trojan January 5, 2016 at 10:01 AM UTC

Apparently ViceWatercolour has been demoted from admin due to abuse, as far as I know he's been a responsible and considerate Admin so why don't we get him back up there?

+1 if you would like to sign the petition

Iron January 5, 2016 at 10:01 AM UTC

Im afraid that a petition is not a reason for someone to be promoted back to anything..... Also there is no petition to sign :V

SnowSX3 January 5, 2016 at 11:01 AM UTC

Why would you formulate an opinion on something when you don't even know the full story?

Also, a petition will change nothing.

shadowolfyt January 5, 2016 at 11:01 AM UTC

In with what Snow said a petition will change nothing... So really this is a waste of time (to be honest)

nintendoboy11 January 5, 2016 at 11:01 AM UTC

Why would you formulate an opinion on something when you don't even know the full story?

Also, a petition will change nothing.
Do you know the reason why he was demoted?

vladthegreat100 January 5, 2016 at 11:01 AM UTC

Do you know the reason why he was demoted?
"Abused powers, Senior Staff disapprove of his leadership"

That's what I was told by a staff member ^^^

Not sure how much I agree with this but if the Sr Staff don't like their Admin they gonna bring him down!11!

FrozenSolstice January 5, 2016 at 11:01 AM UTC

While I agree with the sentiment, a petition won't help.

It's sad he was demoted.

AtditC January 5, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

He's been demoted??

BoldAndBrash January 5, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

Not how it works, sorry. :( And remember, people don't get demoted for nothing, there is always a reason.

gobernment January 5, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

Not how it works, sorry. :( And remember, people don't get demoted for nothing, there is always a reason.
Well... I've had my own fair share of demotions already, and plenty of staff have as well.

Thomas_Shoes January 5, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

promote me

MasterProX January 5, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

"As far as I know, he's been a responsible and considerate administrator..." Unfortunately, the extent of your comprehension of the circumstances are, as you implied — "as far as I know" — limited. The official justification for his demotion, disclosed in its own post, is rather vague, meaning that even us moderators may not be aware of the full story. Nonetheless, as is typical of controversial courses of action like these, it is stated that the "entire senior staff team" came to a definite agreement on their decision.

This verdict is almost certainly not to be reversed by anyone or anything except for perhaps the "entire senior staff team" itself, and a petition crusaded by the (relatively uninformed) public community will most likely not precipitate a change of heart. I'm sorry.

Zedther January 5, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

I would be more than willing to sign a petition, unfortunately, the senior staff will not be swayed ;-;
It's been a sad past few days...:(

felipu_feliu January 5, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

Yeah I want to make a petition too, promote me to Admin and event coordinator

xNemoII January 5, 2016 at 1:01 PM UTC

Lmao this is funny

awesome_apricot January 5, 2016 at 1:01 PM UTC

Can the community have a statement? I want to know

a) what he did to get demoted
b) why this only required him to be demoted to Snr Mod
c) what the actual fuck happens behind the scenes? This seems very unprofessional.

Scarkii January 5, 2016 at 2:01 PM UTC

c) what the actual fuck happens behind the scenes? This seems very unprofessional.
A) Read the replies above.
B) ...
C) It's the moderators business i guess.

Iron January 5, 2016 at 3:01 PM UTC

It's up to Para's discretion about whether he wants the details revealed.

Although I do agree that the decision itself has been described to both staff and players very vaguely. I don't blame you for wanting at least a bit of reasoning as to why he got demoted (officially) :P

Alaann January 5, 2016 at 5:01 PM UTC

Why tf we cant have a single admin that stays in his position for months???!??!?!?!

DaGoldBrick January 5, 2016 at 5:01 PM UTC

Why tf we cant have a single admin that stays in his position for months???!??!?!?!
Because the server is dying

GuyNamedRiley January 5, 2016 at 5:01 PM UTC

And, I saw that coming a mile away!

Dyspa January 5, 2016 at 5:01 PM UTC

I say we give felipu and alann admin, then we'll be going through the right way

piratewithgun January 5, 2016 at 5:01 PM UTC

Well... I've had my own fair share of demotions already, and plenty of staff have as well.
why were you demoted you were one of the best staff members :(((((((((

hasl January 5, 2016 at 5:01 PM UTC

The staff policy states that a senior staff member cannot be fully demoted to user, they are to be moved to a lower rank (eg. Admin > Senior).

iiDarudePvP January 5, 2016 at 5:01 PM UTC

RIP my favortie adminstrafer

GuyNamedRiley January 5, 2016 at 6:01 PM UTC

The staff policy states that a senior staff member cannot be fully demoted to user, they are to be moved to a lower rank (eg. Admin > Senior).
That sounds familiar... :]

hasl January 5, 2016 at 7:01 PM UTC

That sounds familiar... :]
Oh boy, yes it does Riley.

Tazz January 5, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

How were you then

Bloodoh January 5, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

me gaste todas las palomitas leyendo esto para nada putos

Coco_stag January 5, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

You are being so dramatic... He is only a senior moderator. It's not like he was demoted to just a default user. He is still in the senior staff team, therefore he is on the same page as admins.

gobernment January 5, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

I probably would've stayed.

hasl January 5, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

How were you then
That was my statement, but I don't really care now.

imryaan January 5, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

Is making Frostbite a little less frosty abuse? it looked nice? :))))

Cynthesis January 5, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

If he was demoted entirely, yes, I would be pretty appalled. However, as Blizzem said, staff policy forbids that, anyway, so that makes me able to handle it a little better. Aside from being a little shady on the details of why, it's nothing to get TOO riled up over...

If he was demoted entirely, yes, I would be pretty appalled. However, as Blizzem said, staff policy forbids that, anyway, so that makes me able to handle it a little better. Aside from being a little shady on the details of why, it's nothing to get TOO riled up over...
Well, the policy also adds staff warnings, of which I got none. It really wasn't that urgent to demote me.

Coco_stag January 5, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

Well, the policy also adds staff warnings, of which I got none. It really wasn't that urgent to demote me.
You're an admin.... You should know

Porkyyy January 5, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

I don't know if the policy has changed since I was a staff member a couple months ago, but I was told by both admins at the time that you don't necessarily need to get warnings; it depends on the situation.

You're an admin.... You should know
I should know what?

I don't know if the policy has changed since I was a staff member a couple months ago, but I was told by both admins at the time that you don't necessarily need to get warnings; it depends on the situation.
According to the situations I'm aware of, it was all handled and understood. I never got an official PM of a demotion, nor anything specific of me doing wrong (It's me guessing what happened), nor any evidence, nor any policies I may have broken, and the community (and I) are left in the dark about what happened. It would have been nice for me to know in advance at the least so I could have wrapped up all my projects.

If I was demoting an admin, though, I certainly would've staff warned. Not just completely remove their rank.

Coco_stag January 5, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

I should know what?
not to abuse..

gobernment January 5, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

not to abuse..
We don't know what I abused yet. If it's anything like it was before, it was easily resolvable and easily explained.

Coco_stag January 5, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

We don't know what I abused yet. If it's anything like it was before, it was easily resolvable and easily explained.
What do you mean, by "We don't know what I abused yet"

Petlas January 5, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

Dark red is sexier anyway.

gobernment January 5, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

What do you mean, by "We don't know what I abused yet"
I have not received a PM about what happened.

SnowSX3 January 5, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

I have not received a PM about what happened.
Well, that's just the typical Senior staff team.

It took literal weeks for them to give me a reason as to why I didn't get promoted to Senior Moderator a few months ago, back when I was in my prime of Moderating.
Patience is an important virtue to have.

Iron January 6, 2016 at 8:01 AM UTC

Well, that's just the typical Senior staff team.

It took literal weeks for them to give me a reason as to why I didn't get promoted to Senior Moderator a few months ago, back when I was in my prime of Moderating.
Patience is an important virtue to have.
Well if you wanna go down that road, it took the senior staff months to figure out why I was demoted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I did the most as a senior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colecrc January 6, 2016 at 8:01 AM UTC

Well if you wanna go down that road, it took the senior staff months to figure out why I was demoted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I did the most as a senior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u what

Iron January 6, 2016 at 9:01 AM UTC

u what
i what

SmokeJamo January 6, 2016 at 10:01 AM UTC

Sounds like they demote people when they feel like it.

eg o look paras on easy demote :D

DaFrozenBlaze January 6, 2016 at 11:01 AM UTC

Sounds like they demote people when they feel like it.

eg o look paras on easy demote :D
They are finding opportunities to demote the mods

SnowSX3 January 6, 2016 at 11:01 AM UTC

They are finding opportunities to demote the mods
Because?

Administrafer January 6, 2016 at 11:01 AM UTC

According to the situations I'm aware of, it was all handled and understood. I never got an official PM of a demotion, nor anything specific of me doing wrong (It's me guessing what happened), nor any evidence, nor any policies I may have broken, and the community (and I) are left in the dark about what happened. It would have been nice for me to know in advance at the least so I could have wrapped up all my projects.

If I was demoting an admin, though, I certainly would've staff warned. Not just completely remove their rank.
This reminds me of a time when I was admin...
EDIT: Yeah well you certainly didn't warn me;-

Anyways, I am not surprised that this happened - that is - an admin being demoted poorly (not specifically para). When I was admin, the majority of the staff team came together behind my back and voted to have me demoted and actually; I remember a meeting where I was asked to step down because my methods weren't appreciated, I was "too powerful" and I "didn't get anything done". (That was exactly the reason/s) This became a shock to me because the week earlier, I hosted an admin feedback form... Funny thing is, it was nothing but positive responses. Also I literally had no idea this was occuring, but rather was told to get on Teamspeak ASAP. The staff team told me all these testimonials which half of which were inaccurate and rather dismissive and not to mention it was all one-sided. Fortunately, I kindly requested that I was given one chance, provided that I was literally unaware of my 'wrong-doings', since no evidence was present, no one discussed it with me about it prior and how disorganised and unfair it was.  

Essentially the staff team at the moment is two faced. I can related to para on this one, and I feel like he needed one more chance - just like I did - because at the end of the day, improvements will always need to be made. 

edit: it will only be a matter of time before the media team can demote admins

</rant>

Anyways, I am not surprised that this happened - that is - an admin being demoted poorly (not specifically para). When I was admin, the majority of the staff team came together behind my back and voted to have me demoted and actually; I remember a meeting where I was asked to step down because my methods weren't appreciated, I was "too powerful" and I "didn't get anything done". (That was exactly the reason/s) This became a shock to me because the week earlier, I hosted an admin feedback form... Funny thing is, it was nothing but positive responses. Also I literally had no idea this was occuring, but rather was told to get on Teamspeak ASAP. The staff team told me all these testimonials which half of which were inaccurate and rather dismissive and not to mention it was all one-sided. Fortunately, I kindly requested that I was given one chance, provided that I was literally unaware of my 'wrong-doings', since no evidence was present, no one discussed it with me about it prior and how disorganised and unfair it was.  

Essentially the staff team at the moment is two faced. I can related to para on this one, and I feel like he needed one more chance - just like I did - because at the end of the day, improvements will always need to be made. 

</rant>
What the fuck.
First time I'm hearing about this, and I was staff at the time...

Administrafer January 6, 2016 at 11:01 AM UTC

What the fuck.
First time I'm hearing about this, and I was staff at the time...
I thought I told you? Oh wait that could have been sessp because he souded like you anyways AHHAHA

nah I swear I did :P

I thought I told you? Oh wait that could have been sessp because he souded like you anyways AHHAHA

nah I swear I did :P
Oi mate, I sound a lot cooler than sessp.
And maybe you did.. probably a lapse in the ol' memory. I'm getting old.

FrozenSolstice January 6, 2016 at 11:01 AM UTC

</rant>
I find this laughable.

What on earth did they try pull? Was there really a need to be sneaky and shock you with the fact you would be demoted?

Its silly, immature and childish. I can't see why the Sr staff have this much of an issue with the admin of a block game. Both yourself and Para were amazing administrators, yet, for some reason, you were demoted with little to no warning. 

I'm honestly disappointed.

SnowSX3 January 6, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

I find this laughable.

What on earth did they try pull? Was there really a need to be sneaky and shock you with the fact you would be demoted?

Its silly, immature and childish. I can't see why the Sr staff have this much of an issue with the admin of a block game. Both yourself and Para were amazing administrators, yet, for some reason, you were demoted with little to no warning. 

I'm honestly disappointed.
I've seen literally almost a dozen people get demoted without warning during my time as staff.
It's funny because no matter who is on the Senior Staff team, communication is always something that needs improvement.
It's never exactly been a strength of theirs.

Iron January 6, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

Ranting on this thread doesnt get anywhere!!!! Although, I can personally forward your complaints and stuff if ya would like. :C

Para was demoted to senior.....  Im sure that had he corrected his wrongs he would have been let back as admin :v

SnowSX3 January 6, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

Ranting on this thread doesnt get anywhere!!!! Although, I can personally forward your complaints and stuff if ya would like. :C

Para was demoted to senior.....  Im sure that had he corrected his wrongs he would have been let back as admin :v
I guess we'll never know [stares off into the sunset]

If Para decides to come back he'll have to come back as a Jr Mod because he's already returned from retirement once - oh wait, the seniors might just make yet another exception to the rule once again  and let him back into the senior staff team should he decide to return never mind.

Iron January 6, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

I guess we'll never know [stares off into the sunset]

If Para decides to come back he'll have to come back as a Jr Mod because he's already returned from retirement once - oh wait, the seniors might just make yet another exception to the rule once again  and let him back into the senior staff team should he decide to return never mind.
That rule is no longer in place afaik :V

and the rule is that you cant come back at all after retiring more than once if it's still a thing.

Arigenn January 6, 2016 at 3:01 PM UTC

Alright,

I completely understand the frustration that has come out of this thread, as yes I agree, ViceWatercolour was an outstanding administrator as he lead the team in an excellent way, and further developed many aspects of the team. Although this situation is relatable to the situation Jozz explained to us, certain circumstances are very different. You have received a public thread explaining what happened with Para's demotion, and Para was also chatted with us on TeamSpeak, and he understands our reasoning. Furthermore, Para has decided to fully retire from the senior staff team, which is an action that was completely his decision. As for the iffy staff policy currently, myself, and a couple senior moderators are working on updating and revising it to be more suitable with circumstances today.

I am going to proceed to lock this thread to prevent further unneeded controversy on the forums. If you wish to say farewell to ViceWatercolour, I'm sure he would love that very much, and it can be done here --  (https://avicus.net/forums/671c6e2b2). If you have ANY further concerns about his demotion, can I ask you to contact me on the community slack or Skype (thehoopsman) or you may contact MidnightBeats on his Skype (midnightaurorus).

Thank you for understanding.