Avicus Archive

[HELP] So confused by Coco_stag September 22, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Ok! Listen up. Am I the only one who is confused why sexual and all that shit songs are allowed? This makes the server look so bad when a former staff member is playing the song "I just had sex". Every rule has an explanation for it like hacking isn't allowed because it makes the game unfair. Sooo... Why is it allowed?

vladthegreat100 September 22, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

It shouldn't be allowed... Just get evidence and report him on the forums.
And don't you know that so many former staff become trollers.
They have a perfectly good explanation/excuse but the intent is just bad.

FrozenSolstice September 22, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

Do you mean in TS?

Coco_stag September 23, 2015 at 12:09 AM UTC

Do you mean in TS?
Ye

DonaldMyTrump September 23, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

Lol, it looks bad when a former staff plays I just had sex... no curse words, no racism, nothing.

JJTheGuy September 23, 2015 at 4:09 AM UTC

It looks bad when current staff (now ex) play "Niggerz Bop" in TS.

Coco_stag September 26, 2015 at 7:09 AM UTC

Please answer question (Bumping)

Colecrc September 26, 2015 at 7:09 AM UTC

Please answer question (Bumping)
18+ Music room all of that stuff goes.

Chief_Hacks September 26, 2015 at 8:09 AM UTC

If it was in the 18+ room it's fine otherwise get evidence and take it to a Mod or higher.

NolanDalton September 26, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Coco_stag September 26, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Thats not my point. I know its allowed BUT WHY!!!

steven5703 September 26, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Because why not? If people are offended or un comfortable they can just to a different channel

NolanDalton September 26, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Because why would we try to censor songs when >90% of modern music has some sort of "explicit material".

piratewithgun September 26, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Why not?

FrozenSolstice September 26, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Do racist/homophobic songs fall under "explicit material"? And therefore allowed?

Iron September 26, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Because TS is great, and the people who use it the most don't give two shits about what music is played.

SnowSX3 September 26, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Do racist/homophobic songs fall under "explicit material"? And therefore allowed?
Homophobic and Racist songs are not allowed on any channel.
If you find people playing these types of songs, record them and send in an online report.

Homophobic and Racist songs are not allowed on any channel.
If you find people playing these types of songs, record them and send in an online report.
Where does it say that?

Where does it say that?
Nowhere specific, which is why I'm telling you now.
Hopefully common sense will prevail though, people shouldn't be playing racist or homophobic songs.

Nowhere specific, which is why I'm telling you now.
Hopefully common sense will prevail though, people shouldn't be playing racist or homophobic songs.
What the fuck? Did you just make your own rule? Just because 3 people have fits over things 3 times a year does not mean that the entire other player base should be affected.

What the fuck? Did you just make your own rule? Just because 3 people have fits over things 3 times a year does not mean that the entire other player base should be affected.
If you don't play homophobic or racist songs then you have nothing to worry about.

If you don't play homophobic or racist songs then you have nothing to worry about.
What if I want too? And no one cares?

Petlas September 26, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

It's like playing homophobic/racist songs at a public conference; you wouldn't play them.

Sure, play 'em if you want. You'll just be driving off active members of our TS server because they take offense from those songs, not that big of a deal, pfft.

What if I want too? And no one cares?
If everyone gives their consent 100% of the time, then you're all good.

FrozenSolstice September 26, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

If everyone gives their consent 100% of the time, then you're all good.
There should be a rule in place for this.

Id prefer if racist/homophobic songs were banned full stop.

Coco_stag September 26, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

This is stupid, What server lets former staff members and other users play racist sexual songs. I tell them not to and they just don't give a shit. If avicus is gonna let this happen we're just gonna destroy the community even more. You don't say stuff in chat "You black nigga" so why play a song that says it? It's equivalent to getting your younger brother online and saying "You black nigga" so you don't get the punishment. Just stop!

Iron September 26, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

It's like playing homophobic/racist songs at a public conference; you wouldn't play them.

Sure, play 'em if you want. You'll just be driving off active members of our TS server because they take offense from those songs, not that big of a deal, pfft.
What active member cares? Even if you don't like the music leave the bloody chat. There are other channels for you to use.

This is stupid, What server lets former staff members and other users play racist sexual songs. I tell them not to and they just don't give a shit. If avicus is gonna let this happen we're just gonna destroy the community even more. You don't say stuff in chat "You black nigga" so why play a song that says it? It's equivalent to getting your younger brother online and saying "You black nigga" so you don't get the punishment. Just stop!
Rilo TS has been fine for two years. No one has ever complained. If you don't like something ignore it.

Rilo TS has been fine for two years. No one has ever complained. If you don't like something ignore it.
I find it hard to ignore something when bloody trolls keep going to my chat and playing at top volume.

I find it hard to ignore something when bloody trolls keep going to my chat and playing at top volume.
Trolls are not regulars. Most of the time ;)

Trolls are not regulars. Most of the time ;)
They are mostly former admins/mods. Hmm a pattern. I am gonna make a post about that.

They are mostly former admins/mods. Hmm a pattern. I am gonna make a post about that.
Do you know what it feels like to be lifted of a rank that limits your freedoms after 1 year. Cut people some slack it's a relief to be a 'troll'

Do you know what it feels like to be lifted of a rank that limits your freedoms after 1 year. Cut people some slack it's a relief to be a 'troll'
That doesn't give you the right to break rules. A former staff member is a normal person. I understand being a staff member could be stressful but that does not mean you can retire and be a whole new person that breaks rules. I never read anything about that.

That doesn't give you the right to break rules. A former staff member is a normal person. I understand being a staff member could be stressful but that does not mean you can retire and be a whole new person that breaks rules. I never read anything about that.
Lol, are you saying staff members aren't human? xd

Lol, are you saying staff members aren't human? xd
Wtf, No. I am saying everyone is human. Former staff members are human which means they follow the same rules as every other person.

Wtf, No. I am saying everyone is human. Former staff members are human which means they follow the same rules as every other person.
And so they do?

SnowSX3 September 26, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

You find it relieving to provoke and annoy people?
That's a bit concerning.

And so they do?
So they do. There is no reasons for it to be allowed apart from entertaining. But come on people! Who the fuck wants to listen to songs that says "I just had sex and it felt great"

You find it relieving to provoke and annoy people?
That's a bit concerning.
Yep, I am clearly brain dead.. No I don't find being rude relieving. I find TS relieving. It just so happens threads like this mess it up.

steven5703 September 26, 2015 at 11:09 PM UTC

So they do. There is no reasons for it to be allowed apart from entertaining. But come on people! Who the fuck wants to listen to songs that says "I just had sex and it felt great"
They do, clearly. From I've heard, everyone in that channel was fine with it.

jracer15 September 27, 2015 at 12:09 AM UTC

Rilo tbh its not even that serious, I listen to "explicit" songs all the time, they say the n word a bunch and I don't mind.  Most people on TS are older anyways and I'm sure if they listen to an "offensive" song they don't actually share the same values

Coco_stag September 27, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

It's unfair to kids. Having to hear 14-19 year olds playing sexual songs that they don't need to hear. I stand by my point of that there is not a valid reason for this to be allowed. Don't just say to kids "leave". Maybe they wanna hear appropriate music and not get kicked out for some immature teenager playing stupid songs. As much fun as you may think it is you try looking at it from others perspectives. Why the hell would we want this on our server? It makes the server look like a bunch of immature brats trying to look cool with their "amazing" songs. Imaging if some guy was to come on the ts and go to music room and see everyone singing/playing sexual/racist songs. I wonder what they would think.

steven5703 September 27, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

It's unfair to kids. Having to hear 14-19 year olds playing sexual songs that they don't need to hear. I stand by my point of that there is not a valid reason for this to be allowed. Don't just say to kids "leave". Maybe they wanna hear appropriate music and not get kicked out for some immature teenager playing stupid songs. As much fun as you may think it is you try looking at it from others perspectives. Why the hell would we want this on our server? It makes the server look like a bunch of immature brats trying to look cool with their "amazing" songs. Imaging if some guy was to come on the ts and go to music room and see everyone singing/playing sexual/racist songs. I wonder what they would think.
This is the internet. If kids are so easily offended, they either need to lighten up or leave. I've heard some mod say something along the lines of "the music room is equivalent to the 18 plus channels".

MasterProX September 27, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

The community comprises almost entirely people under eighteen years of age; I don't see how this is unfair to "kids". Regardless, nothing about it is "unfair" anyway; by participating in a public music channel in which the participants themselves and their musical preferences determine what gets played, you run the risk of hearing things you don't like or don't want to hear because not everyone shares the same likes and opinions (a general statement that applies to more than this particular situation). In this case, those "things" would be these "inappropriate songs" you're so distressed about — the hearing of which, I feel, is to be expected considering how much of the more popular music in contemporary society is obscene. Because songs like those are so mainstream, my belief is that people who join the music channel and hear this music being played either don't mind it, expect it, or perceive it to be relatively normal (which it is). Personally, I very much dislike most modern music — especially the music you seem to have issues with — but there's nothing I can do about it. Ultimately, as already stated, the rules allow it, and the majority of the community is fine with that.

NolanDalton September 27, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

Literally any other gaming server with a TS will have people playing songs, this literally happens everywhere.

Coco_stag September 27, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

Literally any other gaming server with a TS will have people playing songs, this literally happens everywhere.
Why do we need to be like every other god damn bloody server. If avicus was different maybe we would attract more players.

steven5703 September 27, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Why do we need to be like every other god damn bloody server. If avicus was different maybe we would attract more players.
I highly doubt that changing one little rule will attract more players. New players rarely come on teamspeak until they are more into the community (=not being new anymore)

Iron September 27, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Why don't you just leave Avicus if it is so  bad? We enjoy our team speak, we don't need you to muck it up.

MasterProX September 27, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Stop overreacting... one petty rule — on an extra Avicus service independent from the actual server — doesn't make us any more like any other server, nor will changing the rule in any way, shape, or form affect the amount of players the server does or does not attract.

NolanDalton September 27, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Avicus uses it's own website engine and it's own plugins and is far different than all of the generic Factions/Towny/SG servers out there. So yeah, I don't think being different is an issue.

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA September 27, 2015 at 4:09 AM UTC

if you're offended by songs about sex or songs that have cursing/racism, you can go listen to your nursery rhymes buddy, because just about any new songs these days are explicit. and also @snow racism is perfectly fine in the music room, as there is no rule against it stated so. common sense is not something to be determined by you as you're not exactly qualified to state that. i have been told by senior staff that it is perfectly fine, and frankly they have a bit more power than you.