Avicus Archive

thank you for the past 4 years (not leaving) by Myv January 24, 2018 at 6:01 PM UTC

THIS ISN'T A GOODBYE POST, I'M STILL STICKING AROUND

Gonna keep it short and not too cringeworthy because I'm usually like that so yeah.

I know i'm being a bit of a selfish fuck for making my own post when I could just post on Austin's one but anyway.

I joined on March 1st, 2014 to this server and completely honestly, this is the only server I have ever stuck with for more than 6 months, and it's ended up being almost 4 years. I'm not that OG (or maybe I am) compared to a lot of people here, but it's safe to say I've had my time here.

I can't really pinpoint what made me stay on this server. I gave up OCN after 6 months and a couple of my schoolmates actually told me about Avicus. When I first played back in the day the playercount was about 200-250 if I remember rightly (at any one time) and I think the smaller community made me stay. I have always liked small communities for whatever reason, because I feel more involved with everyone and that the temperament about it is better. 

Most of you probably don't know me too well. Believe it or not, I've probably been one of the most active members of Avicus for a long time. I just keep a low profile. I like to think that over my time here I haven't had beef with anyone (which isn't the truth) but for 99% of you guys here, even if I don't know you, I respect you all for staying here and you all have made this poky community something special. I'm no good at PvP (which is normally the key to popularity on servers like this, let's be honest) or have many friends here, but I've still had a blast. 

I'm not gonna put any names here to thank (because I'm still staying here) but you know who you are. Anyone I've properly talked to, built with, or had a laugh with on Avicus or elsewhere, thank you for being awesome. It means a lot. I can't thank keenan and those who helped make Avicus possible enough for a piece of my childhood I'll never forget and am genuinely sad to see go - it will take me a while to get over it closing, but it'll subside.

I'm staying around on Zildith when it starts up. I hope to continue making maps which I have been doing for the last year or so for Avicus and do the same for Zildith - I hope Zildith feels like Avicus at least. It will never be the same, but we can't help that. So again, thank you to anyone involved in my time here on Avicus and those who made it possible for a great 4 years, and more for anyone who has been here longer. It's probably pretty cringeworthy, barely anyone will properly read this and it may be lost in AMA's, but I felt I had to say this because this server means a lot to me. I plan to stay around for as long as I can on Zildith and maybe even Pagoda.

Peace.

Myv January 25, 2018 at 8:01 AM UTC

Oh, and my discord is Myv#4294 if anyone wants to contact me.