Avicus Archive

"First" avicus by source_route February 29, 2016 at 4:02 AM UTC

I don't expect this to happen but can we go back to the pre-update Avicus (when prestige was a thing). Avicus only receives ~100 users a day while on the previous Avicus the server received ~500 users. So, isn't it for the better to go back?

GrapeSmoothie February 29, 2016 at 4:02 AM UTC

I don't think going back to prestige's is the only factor in getting more players.

Glitchaye February 29, 2016 at 4:02 AM UTC

yeah when avicus had barely any maps sure thing boyo

flyofff February 29, 2016 at 5:02 AM UTC

Avicus isn't like it used to be. You are right but the main reason is not prestige. Maybe block lag, temp ranks, untalented mods, 'FALSE BANS: 4lextr/Spookz [i don't know who's next]'  If Avicus keeps doing like that, they will lose most of their good players.

Glitchaye February 29, 2016 at 5:02 AM UTC

Avicus isn't like it used to be. You are right but the main reason is not prestige. Maybe block lag, temp ranks, untalented mods, 'FALSE BANS: 4lextr/Spookz [i don't know who's next]'  If Avicus keeps doing like that, they will lose most of their good players.
false bans always happened lol no need to emphasize one player

DaFrozenBlaze February 29, 2016 at 6:02 AM UTC

Even if we go back, you won't get the old number of players.

shahmi February 29, 2016 at 3:02 PM UTC

Honestly I would like to bring back that shop in game when u get a lot of kills u can buy golden apples and stuff but now u could buy with credits?

DaFrozenBlaze February 29, 2016 at 3:02 PM UTC

Honestly I would like to bring back that shop in game when u get a lot of kills u can buy golden apples and stuff but now u could buy with credits?
Nebula shop was cool

Goodnighht February 29, 2016 at 3:02 PM UTC

I can't say anything about Nebula, but prestiges were a lot better for walls, with the way the kits are. Being able to just walk in and get any kit you want almost makes walls not fun, there's no thing you're trying to get to, or reason to play. There needs to be a ranking system with the kits, it just gives the gamemode something to work for, other then winning after getting 3 kills... :/

JJTheGuy February 29, 2016 at 5:02 PM UTC

BRING BACK THE OLD TEAM SKYWARS

THAT WAS THE BEST GAME EVER

AtditC February 29, 2016 at 9:02 PM UTC

I watched today a few vids of DaGoldBrick's channel.

One was where he played on Avicus and he got banned.

2 things made me sad: I saw how he got XP to level up (I miss those times so much)
and of course how he got banned...

piratewithgun March 1, 2016 at 10:03 PM UTC

I watched today a few vids of DaGoldBrick's channel.

One was where he played on Avicus and he got banned.

2 things made me sad: I saw how he got XP to level up (I miss those times so much)
and of course how he got banned...
He got banned on so many alts lol

Seuthy March 1, 2016 at 10:03 PM UTC

yeah add prestiges and remove 50% of maps will give you 300 more players like before

Goodnighht March 1, 2016 at 11:03 PM UTC

yeah add prestiges and remove 50% of maps will give you 300 more players like before
May not add players, but people will enjoy it more and Avicus wouldn't be loosing players. Seems like a better deal then doing nothing and watching the server rot ;p

DaFrozenBlaze March 2, 2016 at 11:03 AM UTC

May not add players, but people will enjoy it more and Avicus wouldn't be loosing players. Seems like a better deal then doing nothing and watching the server rot ;p
It's fine as it is

Pavlo March 2, 2016 at 11:03 PM UTC

Minecraft in general is going dying out slowly, it's almost 5 years old after all. I'd be surprised if old servers ever got back to their golden days.

DaFrozenBlaze March 3, 2016 at 10:03 AM UTC

Minecraft in general is going dying out slowly, it's almost 5 years old after all. I'd be surprised if old servers ever got back to their golden days.
It's turning more modded. The previous versions were fun, I just don't find the recent updates interesting.

Pavlo March 4, 2016 at 1:03 AM UTC

It's turning more modded. The previous versions were fun, I just don't find the recent updates interesting.
yup I agree!

potatoarmor March 4, 2016 at 6:03 AM UTC

In my opinion, what killed Walls was:

1) New maps seemingly every week.  Some were nice, some weren't, but if you didn't know the map how were you supposed to do any good?  People weren't doing well and lost interest.

2) Lowered height limit.  If you can shoot somebody in the max height skybase, while you are standing on the ground, the height limit is too low.  And it is too low.  Raise it by 30 or 40.

3) Stupid, stupid rules.  "Oh, you shot across the walls before wall drop, you will be banned".  Stupid stupid stupid.  If you don't want people to shoot across walls then build the walls higher.  Frankly, now I often play on a similar game on a different server (bridges) where shooting across the water before bridge drop is a part of the game, as it should be in walls.  Make and enforce stupid rules and people will stop playing.

Then you have some mods who have no clue, like the one who was threatening to kick me for telling my teammate in Walls what the enemy was doing (as I was playing the game), he said I wasn't supposed to be giving tactical information.  As I was playing. 

I remember when there would be 10 players per team on a Saturday afternoon.  Those were the days.

There used to be a game on Avicus where you would spawn on a random map and you had something like 5 minutes before you could start attacking other players.  Normally you would look for iron for a sword and some armor, then it was a pvp battle or you could sneak up on people while they were mining.  Maybe bring back that game?

And why was Prestige taken away?  Why not keep it?  What about the kits you could buy for $1.99?