Avicus Archive

Show respect next time you play, please. by Pelpelajax April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Now, before you tell me, I couldn't care less, or this isn't the forum community, I have seen enough of you do this as well.

Do you know how many people use Minecraft as en escape from all the horrible shit they have to put up with day after day? It's impossible to know, but I guarantee there are millions of players that use this as an escape. They get bullied, just because of their clothes, their religion and their sexuality, all things they can do very little about. What gives you the right to treat these people like trash? Every mean comment, directed at them could be just another blow to their already crippled, beaten minds. Suicide is all they can think off, and they use minecraft as an escape from the hell they live. And they're playing in game when you just have be negative towards them, because they killed you, or because they let the other team win, all things that don't matter. These words hurt, more then anything else, so please, next time you play in game, treat people with respect, and support them, even if they did something wrong.

I rushed this, so sorry for small mistakes.

Jerseys April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Respect to you sir.

Dyspa April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

It's Minecraft itself, you can't stop it's toxic community.
As for now, there's nothing we can do.

Ogrey April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

It's Minecraft itself, you can't stop it's toxic community.
As for now, there's nothing we can do.
Be the change you want to see.

Notalgicular April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Respect for posting this, but its not the people on the forums who are the people who make sly comments "because they killed you, or because they let the other team win." Thats more 9 year olds whos vacabulary ranges are restricted to the word "noob" or "faggot."

Pelpelajax April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Respect for posting this, but its not the people on the forums who are the people who make sly comments "because they killed you, or because they let the other team win." Thats more 9 year olds whos vacabulary ranges are restricted to the word "noob" or "faggot."
It's not 9 year olds, it's everyone.

It's not 9 year olds, it's everyone.
What I'm saying is it isn't really the forum community who are the ones who insult people freely. I for example enjoy having a joke and blatantly mocking people who I talk to alot - people I know that would say so if they didn't really take it as a joke and want me to stop. This is what most forum members do.

Robin_DD_J April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

I actually had minecraft as a escape for a very long time, and the community I was in wasn't really making it any better

What I'm saying is it isn't really the forum community who are the ones who insult people freely. I for example enjoy having a joke and blatantly mocking people who I talk to alot - people I know that would say so if they didn't really take it as a joke and want me to stop. This is what most forum members do.
Sure, you guys don't do it, but how would non-forum users tell the difference? They just go along with you guys, difference is, they mean it. Set an example.

FlufflesSub April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

+1 thank you :)

Sure, you guys don't do it, but how would non-forum users tell the difference? They just go along with you guys, difference is, they mean it. Set an example.
I see your point I just think if there was an alert broadcasting this message when you joined the hub there would be much more change than on the forums where the average forum browser is respectful.

I see your point I just think if there was an alert broadcasting this message when you joined the hub there would be much more change than on the forums where the average forum browser is respectful.
We promote the forums, that should do it, just set an example.

We promote the forums, that should do it, just set an example.
Okay I see

RightSide April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Well said respect ! :)

Atdit April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

You can't change the community of million peoples

Porkyyy April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

You can't change the community of million peoples
But we can try to change this one.

Glitchaye April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

I'll change if I want to. I keep my friends as close to me as possible, but for people I don't know, and ofc people who try to start shit with me, I could care less about them.

(Just my opinion.)

Atdit April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

But we can try to change this one.
Maybe the regular's but not new players. There are many good players I've never seen which are new, and they are as rude as the others

I'll change if I want to. I keep my friends as close to me as possible, but for people I don't know, and ofc people who try to start shit with me, I could care less about them.

(Just my opinion.)
Everyone has their own way of dealing with it :)

PieZ April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

Minecraft has a bad community and the pvp community is even worse. Gl to trying to fix it but it is REALLY hard to do and I don't like changing humans so I am not doing it

Vobaseball12 April 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM UTC

I agree with this, and I use mine craft as an escape as I have horrible days, and seeing people being rude is just flat out depressing and annoying also. Some of you say that we can't change people...But we can at least try.

Rainstruck April 22, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

I commend you for doing this bud, I just don't know how many of us adapt to change. I see tons of the regulars being super nice. I won't name names, just for privacy reasons, but there are some people who just don't change. The way that I see it is that some people escape all the torment IRL by bullying other people in game. I will try to change, but it will be really hard to do that will the whole community. Especially because, less than 25% are active on the forums. Its possible for it to happen, because this is honestly one of the best Minecraft communities I have ever seen. The way I see it is that the only way that you can change the whole community, is by either kicking every single person who says "rekt" ,"eZ"  "You suck", " You as*hole", and stuff like that. I'm not trying to be negative just trying to state the facts. Once again I love your recommendation, I just don't know how far it can go.

TheColdCrafter April 22, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

Thanks for posting this pelp ^_^

Dyspa April 22, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

Even if me or someone else changes, a ton of other people will continue being toxic

ClubberNugget April 22, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

The best thing we can do is defend the person getting insulted and tell people in game that it isn't appreciated, some just do it for attention

Strmr April 22, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

The fact that a post is necessary to make this clear to some people actually makes me feel sick. The thought of people lacking even the slightest idea of common sense. I want to be clear here; if you think that you can trash someone, make them feel bad, bully them or any other disrespectful behaviour towards anyone. Should not, and most certainly will not be tolerated. Not in the past. Not now, and not in the future. If you think you have the right to say what you want, you are wrong. If you feel like you am not talking to someone with feelings you are wrong again. We don't want you to say everything you think of. Use common sense, think. Use your mind before you do and say something. 

If you don't. Just go away. I don't care what you are, who you are, what you think. Just how you behave, that is what matters. Here, and in real life.

MLGtino April 22, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

The fact that a post is necessary to make this clear to some people actually makes me feel sick. The thought of people lacking even the slightest idea of common sense. I want to be clear here; if you think that you can trash someone, make them feel bad, bully them or any other disrespectful behaviour towards anyone. Should not, and most certainly will not be tolerated. Not in the past. Not now, and not in the future. If you think you have the right to say what you want, you are wrong. If you feel like you am not talking to someone with feelings you are wrong again. We don't want you to say everything you think of. Use common sense, think. Use your mind before you do and say something. 

If you don't. Just go away. I don't care what you are, who you are, what you think. Just how you behave, that is what matters. Here, and in real life.
"The fact that a post is necessary to make this clear to some people actually makes me feel sick."

This isn't the first one.

AstroPizza April 22, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

"The fact that a post is necessary to make this clear to some people actually makes me feel sick."

This isn't the first one.
And i doubt this will be the last one.

End of the day we can't really do much about it. One member goes another joins the cycle continues.

Porkyyy April 22, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

Maybe the regular's but not new players. There are many good players I've never seen which are new, and they are as rude as the others
You're right, which is why we try advertising the forums with broadcast messages. :P

scolton April 22, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

Thank you so much for being one to say this.

SirCyaniide April 22, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

Respect to this post. 

Glad u posted this :)

Atdit April 22, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

I commend you for doing this bud, I just don't know how many of us adapt to change. I see tons of the regulars being super nice. I won't name names, just for privacy reasons, but there are some people who just don't change. The way that I see it is that some people escape all the torment IRL by bullying other people in game. I will try to change, but it will be really hard to do that will the whole community. Especially because, less than 25% are active on the forums. Its possible for it to happen, because this is honestly one of the best Minecraft communities I have ever seen. The way I see it is that the only way that you can change the whole community, is by either kicking every single person who says "rekt" ,"eZ"  "You suck", " You as*hole", and stuff like that. I'm not trying to be negative just trying to state the facts. Once again I love your recommendation, I just don't know how far it can go.
Once I said eZ after I broke 2 monuments in a row on Senex II :S Am I a bad person now? :c

PokerFace April 22, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

I generally agree with this but then, you are saying not to be mad with people who are cross-teaming by letting the other team win? It's against the rules so.....

Cynthesis April 22, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

This is actually entirely true in my case. Even though I may seem "stable" on the server and in chat, in real life, I actually ponder suicide probably about three times a week, since I admittedly do have a minor mental disorder. Kudos to everyone who is keeping the community as good as it is, but there are still those heartless people out there who literally just want to make me put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.

Guys and gals, if you could do me a favor, if I start saying suicidal stuff in chat, please send a reminder to me via /msg to not say things like that.

Despite all the stuff I said beforehand, I totally agree, and thank you for bringing up this major issue, Pelpelajax. Hope to see you all online! :)

Rainstruck April 22, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Once I said eZ after I broke 2 monuments in a row on Senex II :S Am I a bad person now? :c
Nah, it was just an example.

Cynthesis April 22, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

I think it's perfectly fine to say it on occasion, but spamming it in chat after every win is when it really starts to become a problem.

Okiba April 22, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Yeah, it destroys the other teams ego by implying that they can't play the game good enough to be considered good.

RefuseToSink April 22, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

This was extremely necessary. Thanks Pel! ^-^

Spartemex April 22, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Thanks for pointing this out Pelp. I totally agree.

Porkyyy April 22, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

This is actually entirely true in my case. Even though I may seem "stable" on the server and in chat, in real life, I actually ponder suicide probably about three times a week, since I admittedly do have a minor mental disorder. Kudos to everyone who is keeping the community as good as it is, but there are still those heartless people out there who literally just want to make me put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.

Guys and gals, if you could do me a favor, if I start saying suicidal stuff in chat, please send a reminder to me via /msg to not say things like that.

Despite all the stuff I said beforehand, I totally agree, and thank you for bringing up this major issue, Pelpelajax. Hope to see you all online! :)
I'll keep that in mind when I see you in-game. You can always message me on Skype if you need a friend to talk to. :)

Cynthesis April 22, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

I'll keep that in mind when I see you in-game. You can always message me on Skype if you need a friend to talk to. :)
Still haven't set up a Skype account yet, but I'm planning to as soon as I build my new PC. It should be either this weekend or sometime next week.

Porkyyy April 22, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

Still haven't set up a Skype account yet, but I'm planning to as soon as I build my new PC. It should be either this weekend or sometime next week.
Alright, I'll make sure to add you once you make it.

Thrasillias April 23, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

i am playing Minecraft Because i got Bully'd from i was 9 and im now 21 and still got bully'd

MLGtino April 23, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

i am playing Minecraft Because i got Bully'd from i was 9 and im now 21 and still got bully'd
maybe it's because you were hacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Vobaseball12 April 23, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

Yep, also feel free to add me on skype when you set one up, bud ;)

ImJeezus April 23, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

Not that I'm against this. It's just that you can't stop the toxic part of anything good. There will always be assholes and ignorant people in the world no matter how hard you try or what you try to do.

MidnightBeats April 23, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

Respect for making this thread.
Sad no one who is guilty of this will give a damn though...
There will always be assholes in this world.

kycrafft April 23, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

This is honestly the real problem.

Tarheelkiwi April 23, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

I loved this post.  I was getting sick and tired with all the disrespect to the point where I started avoiding Avicus.  It all starts with us.  Now lets be the bigger person and set an example.

Zintenka April 23, 2015 at 2:04 AM UTC

Ive seen too many people being left off with 4 pages of chat-related infractions. Perhaps, a solution could be for harsher punishments for repeat actions, racism, nativist and sexist comments. With the other three being treated almost akin to one hacking.

This is the 21st century... the fact that people still go about being racist heavily is frightening... but common... 

Harsher punishments should be appointed IMO.

SWEET_Johny April 23, 2015 at 3:04 AM UTC

Because this topic is definitely going to make a difference.

MidnightBeats April 23, 2015 at 3:04 AM UTC

Couldn't be more wrong. You've still got to give some respect though for this thread.

Couldn't be more wrong. You've still got to give some respect though for this thread.
It's sad that people treat this game as if it were real life. No one that is currently rude is going to give a damn.

Ogrey April 23, 2015 at 3:04 AM UTC

Your attitude clearly isn't.

Your attitude clearly isn't.
Because I definitely care about the Minecraft community.

BourbonBonobo April 23, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

Very True

DonaldMyTrump April 23, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

Because I definitely care about the Minecraft community.
A community is something you help to create and shape, negativity like yours is what hurts it. If you don't care about a community you wouldn't go out of your way to post on the forums and become part of it. Also please explain how it is sad people treat this like real life. In real life people have morales and are held accountable for their actions and words.

MidnightBeats April 23, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

A community is something you help to create and shape, negativity like yours is what hurts it. If you don't care about a community you wouldn't go out of your way to post on the forums and become part of it. Also please explain how it is sad people treat this like real life. In real life people have morales and are held accountable for their actions and words.
Is this what you truly call negativity? The only thing that I see from him is him revealing the truth. You and I should both know that all the toxic asscracks who read this will not give a damn about how others think. It's like trying to talk to a deaf person.

Is this what you truly call negativity? The only thing that I see from him is him revealing the truth. You and I should both know that all the toxic asscracks who read this will not give a damn about how others think. It's like trying to talk to a deaf person.
I don't disagree with you and when I read this I figured as much but decided it was a nice post regardless of it's results. You don't need to be negative towards it. If you don't want to help him reform the servers morales then at least recognize that it is well intended and the actions although you feel are a waste are also good. Instead I see negativity. Why stand in the way of something just because you believe it will fail anyways?

I don't disagree with you and when I read this I figured as much but decided it was a nice post regardless of it's results. You don't need to be negative towards it. If you don't want to help him reform the servers morales then at least recognize that it is well intended and the actions although you feel are a waste are also good. Instead I see negativity. Why stand in the way of something just because you believe it will fail anyways?
First off, I don't disagree with you in anyway as well. 

However, I am in no way being negative towards this thread. My first reply on this thread was actually one that respected Pelp for posting this. I am simply stating that despite all of the valiant efforts, there are just some things you can't do in this world. 

Second, the very thing I stated above almost completely washes out my desire to stop this issue. As much as I would love to help reform the server, you can't go up to each and every single asshole hoping for them to change. It's not ever going to happen, unless some miracle happens and the "gift of happiness" touches down on their heads.

First off, I don't disagree with you in anyway as well. 

However, I am in no way being negative towards this thread. My first reply on this thread was actually one that respected Pelp for posting this. I am simply stating that despite all of the valiant efforts, there are just some things you can't do in this world. 

Second, the very thing I stated above almost completely washes out my desire to stop this issue. As much as I would love to help reform the server, you can't go up to each and every single asshole hoping for them to change. It's not ever going to happen, unless some miracle happens and the "gift of happiness" touches down on their heads.
I wasn't referring to you as being negative my first post was quoting Legend, thats who I was saying was being negative.

I wasn't referring to you as being negative my first post was quoting Legend, thats who I was saying was being negative.
Though yet his reply, in my opinion, seems to be somewhat true...

Pelpelajax April 23, 2015 at 6:04 AM UTC

It doesn't have to make a difference, trying is enough, some one who puts in the effort to stick up for some one else, could be a dream come true for them.

Javipepe April 23, 2015 at 6:04 AM UTC

Great thread pelp, but I'm afraid it won't work. The problem is not on us, the ones who read this, the ones who help others in need, the ones that care about something more than themselves. Maybe this thread will get to a player that is doing / has done it, but I don't really think this will change their mind, to be honest.

I feel like they won't care about you either, pelp. Why would they even try to understand the content of the thread and maybe apply it to their behaviour if they don't give a shit about the community as a whole?

Pelpelajax April 23, 2015 at 8:04 AM UTC

Great thread pelp, but I'm afraid it won't work. The problem is not on us, the ones who read this, the ones who help others in need, the ones that care about something more than themselves. Maybe this thread will get to a player that is doing / has done it, but I don't really think this will change their mind, to be honest.

I feel like they won't care about you either, pelp. Why would they even try to understand the content of the thread and maybe apply it to their behaviour if they don't give a shit about the community as a whole?

Aphelion April 23, 2015 at 10:04 AM UTC

No offense to anyone now but the majority of the disrespect is mainly from well-known players and donors who think they can act as they like because they have a donor tag, and often nothing is done about it. I have witnessed disrepect from staff members as well, so yes, it does happen even though it shouldn't.

kycrafft April 23, 2015 at 1:04 PM UTC

No offense to anyone now but the majority of the disrespect is mainly from well-known players and donors who think they can act as they like because they have a donor tag, and often nothing is done about it. I have witnessed disrepect from staff members as well, so yes, it does happen even though it shouldn't.
Um no. While I have seen some disrespectful donators, I have also seen many disrespectful non-donators. Both are equally annoying with one exception: There are more disrespectful non-donators. 

I don't think the majority of rudeness comes from well known players because a) they are a minority and b) most (not all) regulars know how to act on the server. 

As for staff members, I haven't recently seen much of this but if you do see rude staff, I would suggest you to bringing it up with an Admin or Sr. Mod so they can deal with the problem.

Atdit April 23, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

I think it's perfectly fine to say it on occasion, but spamming it in chat after every win is when it really starts to become a problem.
That's what I thought but I got warned for only one "eZ" message, which is pretty unfair in MY opinion x(

DonaldMyTrump April 24, 2015 at 3:04 AM UTC

Though yet his reply, in my opinion, seems to be somewhat true...
I don't deny the truth behind the statement but it is counter productive to fight something just because you believe it will fail.