Avicus Archive

Personalities and existential hoopla by Howsie April 26, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

Yo! Lately I've been rather intrigued by the concept of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, AKA your personality type!

If you're interested, you can go take the test over HERE, to see your diagnosed personality type. Please know though, nothing as fixed as this can never been entirely accurate. So if its not, feel free to discuss it here, I'm really interested to see all your results. 

Have a read about the theory over HERE as well and all the personality types are listed HERE

Howsie April 26, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

Oh and for the record, I'm INFP http://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

TheColdCrafter April 26, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

ENTJ-A 'The Commander'
http://www.16personalities.com/entj-personality

RightSide April 26, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

I taken it ! :P

Howsie April 26, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

Cool! Do you think it matches your description of yourself?

TheColdCrafter April 26, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

Cool! Do you think it matches your description of yourself?
Vaguely, in the sense of the matter.

Howsie April 26, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

Vaguely, in the sense of the matter.
Sorry, its late, what'd you mean by that?

PublixEmployee April 26, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

ISFJ http://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality

Tarulas April 26, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

Your personality type: “The Campaigner” (ENFP-T)
Strength of individual traits: Extraverted: 50%, Intuitive: 11%, Feeling: 23%, Prospecting: 43%, Turbulent: 55%.
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Social Engagement

I don't even know what this is...
i was bored xD

Galrandir April 26, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
DEFENDER(ISFJ-A)

Ok...

Aphelion April 26, 2015 at 1:04 PM UTC

ENTJ - The Commander

Howsie April 26, 2015 at 1:04 PM UTC

Quick note also, because a lot of you seem to be confused...

1. THE NAME DOES THAT REPRESENT THE PERSONALITY TYPE PROPERLY. Its just a crappy description, read the fine print. 

2. Please say whether or not you agree or not and why, I'm genuinely interested

ViceTechnicolour April 26, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

How am I not more judging and assertive...?

Zlik April 26, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

Your personality type: “The Architect” (INTJ-A) 
Strength of individual traits: Introverted: 37%, Intuitive: 18%, Thinking: 20%, Judging: 18%, Assertive: 13%.
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Confident Individualism

Murphh April 26, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

INFP - Murph_the_Hermit
Spend way too much time in my head!
Whenever I meet new people, as a game, I try to figure out what type they are.  Fun!

RefuseToSink April 26, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

This was really neat, here are my results! :)

Jake41901 April 26, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

Ayy Howwssiieee, long time no see!

Anywho, I got the Campaigner. (ENFP-T)

Vobaseball12 April 26, 2015 at 3:04 PM UTC

INFJ-T (Advocate)

It says I enjoy helping others, which is true, and that INFJ-T's make up less than 1% of the population, which is amazing to me, and I'm glad. It says that Martin Luther King Jr. was one also, along with Nelson Mandela!

Edit: Holy crap, everything they have said is exactly what I do and think

Cryomancies April 26, 2015 at 3:04 PM UTC

INFP-A

BoldAndBrash April 26, 2015 at 3:04 PM UTC

http://www.16personalities.com/enfj-personality
Yes, it's pretty much me :^)
I'm pretty assertive, though.

Aerosmith April 26, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Campaigner!

Dyspa April 26, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

LOGISTICIAN (ISTJ-T)

Spoookeh April 26, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
ARCHITECT (INTJ-T)

This was really cool! I also mostly agree with my results, but I'm not too sure about how Vladimir Putin is an example of an INTJ-J xD Thanks for sharing this Howsie!!

toketrain April 26, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

ESFP-T. I've taken this test many times and about a year ago I would get INFP, but now I always get ESFP. I guess people change.

Zieno12345 April 27, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

The extroversion in me is 1%, so I'm not sure if it completely counts. 

JUBBINATOR April 27, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

The extroversion in me is 1%, so I'm not sure if it completely counts. 
omg yes you need 2 be president

ImJeezus April 27, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

ENTJ commander.

Pigbeard_Pete April 27, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

Oh and for the record, I'm INFP http://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality
same, dude. It describes me almost exactly.

AstroPizza April 27, 2015 at 5:04 AM UTC

THE LOGICIAN

http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

Riskayyy April 27, 2015 at 7:04 AM UTC

TThat is actally incredibly accurate.

FlufflesSub April 27, 2015 at 9:04 AM UTC

Mediator (INFP-T) INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type - but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration. When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue - INFPs are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. Not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation, At their best, these qualities enable INFPs to communicate deeply with others. The strength of this intuitive communication style lends itself well to creative works. INFPs will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause - spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for INFPs’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook. If they are not careful, INFPs can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. INFPs often drift into deep thought. Luckily, like the flowers in spring, INFP’s affection, creativity, altruism and idealism will always come back, rewarding them and those they love perhaps not with logic and utility, but with a world view that inspires compassion, kindness and beauty wherever they go. These are the bits I relate to. Thanks for sharing this :D

_DC April 27, 2015 at 9:04 AM UTC

I agree with my results for the most part.

Da_Baus April 27, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

ESTJ - The Executive

Rainstruck April 27, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

I got the same as Jozz. I think it actually does suit me very well!

FrostedCupcakez April 27, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

Advocate :3

EDIT: Just read the writing for Advocate, holy crap.... Way to be accurate.

FrostedCupcakez April 27, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

INFJ-T (Advocate)

It says I enjoy helping others, which is true, and that INFJ-T's make up less than 1% of the population, which is amazing to me, and I'm glad. It says that Martin Luther King Jr. was one also, along with Nelson Mandela!

Edit: Holy crap, everything they have said is exactly what I do and think
Advocate buddies!

Howsie May 18, 2015 at 1:05 PM UTC

Not to bumpity bump, but I thought I'd bring this back up seeing as I was really enjoying reading all your responses. I've been really getting into /r/infp which is the sub-reddit for my type and its so awesome to talk to people who identify with very similar traits to my own. I really recommend y'all go check out your types sub-reddit.

cinammoncroc000 May 18, 2015 at 2:05 PM UTC

Not to bumpity bump, but I thought I'd bring this back up seeing as I was really enjoying reading all your responses. I've been really getting into /r/infp which is the sub-reddit for my type and its so awesome to talk to people who identify with very similar traits to my own. I really recommend y'all go check out your types sub-reddit.
Thanks for bringing it up! I took it and I was pleasantly surprised. I definitely feel like this describes me well, though I feel like I was changing a lot during the test so it might not be accurate xD

TheTNTPotato May 18, 2015 at 3:05 PM UTC

I remember taking this a while back, actually. 

http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality Sounds about right, actually; An introvert who's also a perfectionist, and thinks realistically rather than trying to twist that reality. x3
EDIT: "there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common"." Ridiculously accurate.

Howsie May 19, 2015 at 9:05 AM UTC

Thanks for bringing it up! I took it and I was pleasantly surprised. I definitely feel like this describes me well, though I feel like I was changing a lot during the test so it might not be accurate xD

Awwwww yeeee, you got the same as me bud

I've been really getting into the r/infp sub-reddit. Its a little depressing at times, but they're  a nice group of people.

UmbreonMessiah May 20, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

INTP - The Logician

I'm quite terbulent, and would be the analyst. 
Seems right.

Edit - Read the description of it, pretty much me in a nutshell. This is quite interesting, thanks for showing us this.

PokerFace May 20, 2015 at 2:05 AM UTC

Your personality type: “The Defender” (ISFJ-A)
Strength of individual traits: Introverted: 22%, Observant: 9%, Feeling: 28%, Judging: 48%, Assertive: 34%.
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Confident Individualism

Newcleus May 20, 2015 at 3:05 AM UTC

I took it when I wasn't tired this time, and got ESTJ - The Executive. Pretty fitting.

Puysegur May 20, 2015 at 4:05 AM UTC

I did this test just a few months ago and it came up with something different. I think as long as we understand thats its only a representation of our current self rather than as a whole, this is an interesting and helpful tool to learn more about yourself and others.

SWEET_Johny May 20, 2015 at 5:05 PM UTC

THE LOGICIAN.

http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

Tempus May 20, 2015 at 5:05 PM UTC

So yeah :